Samplecraze has announced the release of Pitch Manipulation, the latest addition in the production video tutorial series.
The subject of pitch, what it is, how to define it and how to reference it has been a bit of a ‘dark’ subject for some as it entials understanding certain physical processes and that comes with the maths.
I have tried to keep this video simple yet informative with emphasis on using real life examples both visually and aurally with before and after projects.
The video is over 50 minutes long and is staggered in stages, so that the more experienced can skip to the relevant section.
Where relevant I have tried to provide as much information as possible so that you can experiment using the same settings and processes. Using popular software like Propellerheads Recycle, Antares Autotune, Cubase as the DAW, Voxengo Span and Sound Forge I am hoping that the priciples and techniques will translate across to your system.
This video covers all aspects of pitch manipulation using the most popular softwares like Autotune, Recycle, Span, Cubase and Sound Forge.
The Pitch Manipulation tutorial video is available to purchase for £4.99 GBP.
More information: Samplecraze / Pitch Manipulation
Samplecraze has announced Urban Dynamics, a new drum sample library.
Urban Dynamics aims high with acres of low end kicks that will make you ill, biting snares that have been ‘thickened’ to dominate, squelchy and wet claps that fit into any composition, and the whole pack is nicely rounded off with fizzing hi hats and assorted percussion to help you get the best out of your beat productions.
A select, but thorough, selection of 312 drum and percussion samples are on offer here with emphasis on achieving seriously low and crunchy textures.
Although aimed at the Breakbeat and Dubstep genres anyone who likes a bit of low end will find a use for this sample pack.
Drums have never quite been the same since ‘phatness’ became the new genre.
Urban Dynamics is available to purchase for £11.99 GBP.
More information: Samplecraze / Urban Dynamics
Samplecraze has announced the release of Creative Force, a collection of drum sampled inspired by RZA.
RZA, one of the Hip Hop elite, is responsible for a whole new style and sub-genre of Hip Hop. His sound is both instantly recognizable and unique and Creative Force is a tribute to that.
Continuing our best selling Inspired Series this extensive sample pack contains a variety of drum and percussive samples created in the style of RZA: consisting of 336 kicks, snares, claps, hi hats and percussive samples that have been processed using choice hardware to encapsulate the sound that is RZA.
Creative Force is available to purchase for £11.99 GBP.
More information: Samplecraze / Creative Force
Samplecraze has announced the release of their latest production video on the subject of Harmonic distortion – Odd/even harmonics, valve driving and tape saturation.
Today, more and more producers are turning to the wonderful world of tape saturation and valve driving to attain warmth and a full bodied texture for their production and sound design projects.
However, one needs to understand the subject of harmonic distortion to get the best out of any active gain staging equipment, be it for tape saturation or over-driving valves/tubes.
To do this it is crucial to understand the theory and application behind harmonic distortion, so this comprehensive video tutorial covers all the following topics:
- What is harmonic distortion? How does it occur in tape and valve based systems?
- What are active gain stages?
- What are odd and even harmonics and how do they affect the sound?
- How to create odd and even harmonics and blend them to create new textures.
- What is hysteresis?
- What is bias?
- What are triodes and pentodes and how do they affect harmonics?
- What is tape saturation and how do you process it?
- What are the characteristics of tape?
- What is saturation compression?
- What is magnetic threshold?
- What are grids?
- What are valves and how do they work?
- How to use tape saturation and valves plugins (ferox/ psp vintage warmer/ psp tape sat2/ voxengo tube amp/ nomad tape warmer/christortion)
The Harmonic Distortion production video is available as a digital download for £3.99 GBP.
More information: Samplecraze / Harmonic Distortion
Samplecraze has announced release of their latest production video on the subject of Phase, what is it and how does it affect your mix.
Understanding what phase is and how it behaves is integral to any sound production project. It finds its way into tracking, mixing and sound design, yet it seems to be a confusing subject for many.
Total and partial phase cancellation can result in all sorts of mixing anomalies, so knowing what it is and how to rectify such issues is crucial. Moreover, phase problems can result in summing and masking that can instantly murder your mix.
But it’s not all doom and gloom – phase can be used to create new sonic textures and change stereo width.
This video takes you through the madness that is phase, explaining in detail what it is, how and why issues happen, and how to correct them, both when working with individual sounds during the design process and with multiple tracks during mixing and production.
- Sine waves: the relationships between frequencies and how their phase affects all audio.
- Cycle counts: how the phase of one waveform affects the cycles of another.
- Total and partial phase cancellation: how to detect and correct it.
- Summing and cancellation of frequencies and their harmonics.
- Aligning audio from mic recordings to correct phase.
- Delay Compensation: using specific utility plugins, and realigning to correct timing errors.
- Polarity Inversion: why it happens, how it affects mixes and summing, and how best to correct it.
- Using phase cancellation in reverse to realign out-of-time audio.
- Using phase in sound design: creating new textures through layering, cancelling and summing of frequencies.
- Using maths to determine cycles and frequencies: which frequencies get cancelled and which are summed?
- Using phase to create stereo width: examples used are snares etc…
- Using a spectrum analyzer to calculate summing and cancellation of frequencies.
The Phase video tutorial is available to purchase as a download for £3.99 GBP.
More information: Samplecraze / Phase tutorial