Samplecraze has announced the release of Square Wave Drums, a collection of 200 kick samples, 200 snare samples and 150 clap samples.
In view of all the over-compressed drum samples available in the marketplace we at Samplecraze decided to process drum samples beyond the ceiling whilst maintaining their sonic integrity. Something that our competitors have not been able to achieve.
Whilst over-compressing drum samples has been a technique used for a long time, most have not been able to avoid the usual problems associated with over-compression: noise, distortion, sonic anomalies and artefcats and so on are by-products of badly overcompressed drum samples and the techniques required to drive through the ceiling and go beyond the clip (digital ceiling) have more to do with experience and understanding gain structuring and dynamic management.
At Samplecraze we have always believed, and taught, that maintaining the dynamic range is of utmost importance when processing any audio data. However, in this instance, we decided to experiment and see how far we could go beyond the ceiling without experiencing sonic anomalies and the result is Square Wave Drums.
Square Wave Drums is available to purchase as a download, priced at $39.99 USD. A demo pack of 30 samples can be downloaded from the product page.
More information: Samplecraze / Square Wave Drums
Samplecraze has released two new sample libraries: Downbeat Electronica and Deconstructed Rhythm.
Downbeat Electronica – Downbeat and Lounge Music Samples
Fast off the pace of the Ambient Construction Series comes Downbeat Electronica – Downbeat and Lounge Music Samples, a sample pack devoted to the euphoric yet brooding Downbeat and Trip Hop genres.
If you are into the eclectic chillout vibe and have been after construction sets that allow you to mix each and every part to create your own productions then this pack will fit your needs.
Downbeat Electronica features
- 10 individual ‘songs’/construction sets, broken down into individual WAV files allowing you to mix and match styles, key signatures, BPMs and all musical parts.
- The samples provided are not chopped or sliced. They have been written and played individually. This allows for easier and better compositional building blocks.
- Each drum beat is supplied as a clean 4-8 bar drum loop and in some cases with additional percussion fills and layers. The pads and synths are provided with ample headroom to allow for further processing, but are also strong in level so as to diminish the noise floor. All keyboards, hooks, synths etc have been written ground up which will allow you to infuse fresh ideas into your compositions.
Deconstructed Rhythm – Drum Samples Inspired By J Dilla
The late, great J Dilla was one of the greatest Hip Hop producers of all time. Inspiring musicians from cross Hip Hop genres to rething and apply their techniques.
Deconstructed Rhythm features
- 336 individual drum samples split into category specific elements: kicks, snares, hi hats and percussion. These samples have been run through some of the most notable vintage dynamics and burnt to and resampled from vinyl to provide the edge and grit associated with this specific genre and style.
- 160 drum samples organised into drum kits in SoundFont format. This allows the user to load or import the drum kits into any SF2 reader/player and most of today’s soft samplers will cater for that format.
Downbeat Electronica is available for purchase for $23.99 USD, while Deconstructed Rhythm is priced at $39.99 USD.
More information: Samplecraze
ProducerLoops.com has released Killa Kits, a collection of 6,000 drum samples formatted into 96 presets for NI Battery 3, covering genres from Rap and Hip Hop to Dance genres.
Crammed to the hilt with 6,000 samples and mapped across the whole 60 note template, this downloadable sample cd-rom is bursting with the latest cutting edge drum sounds for both Rap/Hip Hop and Dance genres.
Killa Kits features
- Scratch: sliced n’ diced scratch samples, chronologically mapped so as to provide you with playing realism. Unique and original and sampled live from a scratch artist.
- Layered: layered drum kits, mapped and edited to provide you with the extra ‘thump’ and ‘bottom-end’ in your mixes.
- Percussive: from Latin percussion to manic Tibetan Bells, from club Cowbells to Tabla drones, these kits have hundreds of pristine acoustic and synthetic percussive samples.
- Hip Hop and Dance drum kits: specifically tailored for the genres. No gentle acoustic kits here, just mind numbing and spine rattling mega drums.
- EFX: no drum library is complete without effects. Fancy some reverse Cowbells, or how about some electro grating sounds, or sounds from a factory? Maybe some huge resonating Toms run through an Eventide, or maybe some cricket crushed sounds, or sci-fi? They are all here.
Killa Kits is available now for £49.99 GBP. A free sample pack is available for download from the product page.
Visit ProducerLoops.com for more information and audio demos.