Native Instruments has released version 1.1 of iMaschine, the beat sketchpad for iOS devices.
The latest version of the app is optimized for iPad, adapting to its larger screen layout. The update also includes a generous set of new sounds, iTunes sampling, and more.
iMASCHINE allows users to create music sketches on-the-go with their iPad or iPhone. With an eclectic selection of drums, synths, one-shots, and a built-in audio recorder, it is designed for on-the-go beatmaking.
The update features a new user interface and an optimized layout for iPhone 5, iPad and iPad mini. On the iPad, the modified interface allows two-handed operation: editing and performing functions are now on the same window as iMASCHINE’s 16 drum-pads, 2-octave keyboard and the audio-recorder, making its workflow even smoother. Aside from iMASCHINE’s standard library, the update also includes QUANTUM COLLECTION – a brand-new iMASCHINE Expansion featuring a choice selection of sounds from the recently released MASCHINE 2 Library. The new iTunes sampling allows users to capture parts from the music on their iOS device and edit the samples’ start and end points.
Writing and performing with iMASCHINE becomes easier, thanks to a number of helpful workflow enhancements. Intuitive XY performance controls are a new way to perform effects. A swipe redo/undo function is a welcome addition for an even faster workflow. Lastly, this iMASCHINE update adds a metronome on/off switch – a popular request from the iMASCHINE community. Anyone who already owns iMASCHINE gets this entire feature set, including QUANTUM COLLECTION, for free by updating the iMASCHINE app on their iOS device.
Changes in iMaschine v1.1
- iPad optimization for two handed-workflow.
- Sampling from iTunes.
- Free ‘Quantum Collection’ sound pack.
- XY performance controls on mixer page.
- Swipe gestures for redo and undo.
- GUI facelift.
- Enhanced sample editing functionality, start and end point now adjustable.
- iPhone 5 screen support.
- Metronome on/off switch.
Current iMASCHINE owners get the update free by updating the iMASCHINE app on their iOS device. New customers can get iMASCHINE for $4.99 / 4.49 EUR / £2.99 GBP.
More information: Native Instruments / iMaschine
The Drum Broker has launched Analog Bits, an all original drum kit featuring never before heard drum samples in 3 rich analog flavors.
We created 50 samples from scratch and ran them through 3 classic samplers & machines (Akai S3000XL, Akai S-950, & E-Mu SP1200).
Analog bits features plenty of analog colouring, bit crushing, and crunch that can only be replicated using classic 12 & 16-Bit samplers and processing techniques.
If you’re looking for something dirty & warm, these samples are perfect to use stand alone or for layering!
Analog Bits features
- 150 Original Samples (50 Sounds – Resampled 3 ways).
- Analog warmth, flavor, & grit from the E-Mu SP1200, Akai S-950, & Akai S3000XL.
- Akai S-950 Version resampled @ 9000, 10000, & 12500 HZ.
- E-Mu SP1200 Version pitched up to 45 RPM then tuned down for classic SP1200 Sparkle & Artifacting.
- Akai S3000XL versions are warm & slightly cleaner @ 16-Bit processing.
- S-950 Version recorded using Apogee Symphony I/O for conversion, resampled through a JDI > a BAE (NEVE) 1073 Mic Pre/EQ with a bit of saturation to add extra flavor.
The sample pack is available for $14.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Analog Bits
New Sonic Arts has released version 1.202 of its Nuance, the “creative sampler” instrument for Windows and Mac.
Nuance offers sampling power with effortless workflow.
Nuance proudly stands out against the crowd of complex and cumbersome samplers. In contrast, Nuance’s streamlined and intuitive approach will boost your productivity, while the vast modulation and FX possibilities will inspire you to create new sounds – fast.
Changes in Nuance v1.202
- Added “Saved with Samples” indicator on header.
- Added modulation amount value display.
- Fixed: Possible crash when loading multi-sample presets in map view.
- Fixed: “Save with Samples” could fail if preset already contained samples.
Nuance for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for 70 EUR. It is also available bundled with Granite and Granite Aura, priced at 99 EUR until April 30th, 2014 (40% off regular).
More information: New Sonic Arts / Nuance
Abletunes has announced the release of Selektor, a drum sampler instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The idea of Selektor is simple – quickly and easily switch between one-shot samples while your track is playing to instantly hear how it fits in your track.
- Make beats in minutes, not hours. With Selektor you can easily switch one-shot samples on a fly while track is playing so you’ll always hear how this new element sounds when combined with the other elements of your track making it much faster to find the one that works.
- Wider selection. With Selektor’s tabs you can save and compare up to 4 different samples at the same time and switch between tabs on the fly to find the perfect one.
- More Customization. Tweak volume, transposing and envelopes of each sample to perfection.
- Get rid of routing. The concept of Selektor is taken from traditional studio recording style – one instrument – one track. If you have kick track you have it as a separate track and process it as a separate track without wasting time on routing.
- Save CPU processing power. Selektor is easy on your CPU. This plug-in works quickly and doesn’t eat up your pc memory. We created this plugin with resource savings in mind so you can easily use one Selektor instance for your kick, one for snare, and one for every other element of your beats.
- Creativity boost. Don’t let your gear get in the way of your creativity. Selektor lets you explore more of your creative ideas while you work on your track.
Selektor (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $35 USD.
More information: Abletunes / Selektor
, instrument plugins
, New Sonic Arts
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Apr 16, 2014 - 0 comments
New Sonic Arts has announced its Easter Sale, offering a bundle of Granite, Nuance, and Granite Aura at a discounted price for a limited time.
Before the end of April, pick up our entire suite of products for an unbelievable price. With more than 40% savings, now is the perfect time to discover the outstanding sound and next-generation workflow of New Sonic Arts.
Visit www.newsonicarts.com to download demos, check out audio examples and find out more.
The bundle is available for 99 EUR/$119 USD until April 30th, 2014.
More information: New Sonic Arts
Nord has announced the release of the Fairlight collection, a major addition to the Nord Sample Library.
The Fairlight was the first commercially available polyphonic sampler when launched back in 1979 and it opened up the doors of sampling to many artists and producer during the 80′s.
The sounds in this collection were all sampled from a newly overhauled Fairlight CMI System IIx, with detailed mapping to capture that characteristic Fairlight sound!
The Nord Sample Library is compatible with the Nord Wave, Nord Electro 3/4, Nord Piano 2 and Nord Stage 2.
More information: Nord / Fairlight collection
Wusik has announced the release of Wusik 4000, a virtual modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Wusik 4000 is a new cross-platform modular synth/sampler plug-in. It has a fixed path of audio, but with a modular wire system for modulations.
Wusik 4000 modules are open-source and it comes with its own SDK. Plus, Wusik 4000 Sample Player supports SFZ and WusikSND files, including advanced Round Robin and Key Switching between layers.
Wusik has also released a demonstration version with over 140 presets and no audio restrictions or time limitations (no preset saving).
The full version comes with several set of sounds from Wusik Station, but the download is optional to Wusik Station users.
Wusik 4000 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for $99.95 USD. Owners of any Wusik product (or MHC product) can get it for $79.95 USD. A new Bundle Deal including Wusik 4000 is also available.
More information: Wusik / Wusik 4000