Samples From Mars has announced the release of Drumtrax Samples, a funky and crunchy collection of 80’s 8-bit drums recorded 100% analog to tape.
Drumtrax is a collection of high end, tape saturated 24bit drum sounds inspired by the funky 8 bit drum machines of the 1980s.
The sounds are reminiscent of Prince / Human League / mid 80s boogie, but with more bite. Though reminiscent of a Linn, the clap and hi-hats are dirtier (we prefer them) and the rimshot is closer to a TR-707.
Classic cabasa, meaty snare, proto-house cowbell, a kick created with the help of an SP-1200 sampler and more.
Drumtrax Samples features
- 384 sounds (24bit WAV) inspired the funk of classic 80s machines.
- 1 pack of processed, tape saturated drums recorded through classic analog gear.
- 1 pack of clean, unprocessed sounds recorded digitally through pristine conversion with loads of headroom.
- Each sound contains 16 pitches all done with hardware.
- Tape sounds are loud & punchy without normalization.
- Digital sounds are clean and have massive headroom for additional processing.
The sample pack is available for purchase for $20 USD.
More information: Samples From Mars / Drumtrax Samples
Samples From Mars has announced Drum Machine Samples, a free sample pack featuring 16 sounds from the Linndrum, TR-808, TR-909, Simmons & CR-78.
This is a free sampler of our more extensive libraries. Each vintage drum machine has been sampled through a nice selection of professional outboard gear, including API Preamp, SSL 4000 Console, Emu SP-1200 sampler, Otari MTR-12 Mastering reel to reel, and Apogee Conversion.
The punch of the drums is achieved through varying amounts of tape saturation (always on fresh tape), compression, gate, EQ, and filters.
Drum Machines Samples features
- 16 24 bit Wav Drum Samples.
- Sounds from: Linndrum, TR-808, TR-909, Simmons & CR-78.
- No need for additional mixing.
- Ample headroom if mixing is required.
The pack is a free download at Samples From Mars. The full Tape Drum Machine Samples pack is currently on sale for $48 USD.
More information: Samples From Mars / Drum Machine Samples
Samples From Mars has announced Simmons SDS-800 Samples, a sample pack featuring the sounds of the Simmons SDS-800 analog drum synthesizer.
The Simmons SDS-800 is an 100% analog drum synthesizer produced in the 80s, responsible for the classic, cosmic syn-tom (beeww beeww) sounds used on countless disco, boogie and reggae recordings. In the 90s, the Simmons became re-popularized in the techno world, this time with its raw resonant white noise oscillator being used for jarring hi hat and snare programming. And most recently, the Simmons drum sounds have become a signature for groups like LCD Soundsystem, featured on tracks such as Losing my Edge and Get Innocuous.
Simmons SDS-800 Samples features
- 520 24 bit 44.1 kHz Simmons wav files recorded through a tasteful analog signal chain.
- 150+ variations of analog syn-toms (compressed, uncompressed, white noise, decay length, filter).
- 120+ chromatically tuned kicks and toms, labeled by note name. Perfect for melody and basslines.
- Over 125 resonant, punchy white noise snares and hi-hats.
- 195+ subby, soft and undoubtedly analog kick drums (variations include: pitch bend, white noise, decay length, filter amount.
The sample pack is available for purchase for $24 USD.
More information: Samples From Mars / Simmons SDS-800 Samples
Samples From Mars has launched its TR 909 Samples Library, a collection of raw TR 909 samples reecorded to tape.
If you’re after raw, banging 909 samples, look no further. To finish off our Drum Machine Samples Collection we’ve taken a Roland TR 909 Drum Machine and recorded it through a legendary SSL 4000 G+ analog console to a mastering reel to reel 1/4″ tape machine.
After using various high end processing (almost exclusively analog), we edited every hit by hand, and arranged the best ones into corresponding folders, named simply and sorted chromatically for maximum ease of use.
TR 909 Samples Library features
- 332 24bit, royalty free TR 909 samples recorded through an SSL Console to tape.
- Every hit has been re-pitched extensively & arranged by tuning.
- 72 deep kick drums, ranging from clean to dirty, low to hi.
- 61 punchy & saturated snares.
- 199 additional Claps, Hi Hats, Toms, Rims, & more.
The sample pack costs $18 USD.
More information: Samples From Mars / TR 909 Samples Library
Samples From Mars has launched Bass Drop, a sample library featuring a collection of bass drop samples.
The purpose of this sample library is to eliminate the time required for re-creating your own bass drop sample, and to provide a quick and easy way to grab an excellent sounding bass drop sample, at the length and pitch / key you desire.
Bass Drop features
- 4 folders, each containing 18 pure sine wave bass drops from D1 (37 Hz) to G2 (98 Hz) at 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3 sec long in WAV format.
- 18 tuned, 2 second long analog square wave bass drop samples created with a Dave Smith Poly Evolver analog synthesizer.
- 1 808 kick drum bass drop recorded through UA LA-610, and pitched digitally.
- Named and organized chromatically, by frequency and note name.
- Recorded with high quality conversion.
- Digital and analog pitch envelope modulation, both linear and exponential.
- Analog bass drop samples for when aggressive sub bass is desired.
- Pure, digital bass drop samples for adding your own processing and plugins.
- 808 Kick drum for when you need that “classic” sound.
The sample pack costs $8 USD.
More information: Samples From Mars / Bass Drop
Samples From Mars has announced the release of the TR 808 Samples Library, a collection of 493 samples from the Roland TR-808 drum machine, recorded through an SSL 4000 G+ console. We are in love … read more
Samples From Mars has launched with the release of its LinnDrum LM-2 and CR-78 sample packs. Classic, Hi Quality LinnDrum Samples This is the most complete collection of LinnDrum samples around. We’ve taken a Linn … read more