Universal Audio has announce the release of three new Direct Developer plug-ins — the Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite, Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor, and the Massenburg DesignWorks MDWEQ5 plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces.
Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite Plug-In
Developed by Brainworx, the Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite Plug-In is an obsessive emulation of the Vertigo Sound VSM-2, beloved by mixing and mastering engineers for its bounty of colorful saturation flavors. The VSM-3 offers innovative controls for expertly targeted harmonic generation, as well as plug-in-only features such as the THD Mixer’s Harmonic Balance control and the ability to run the unit’s two harmonic generators simultaneously — either in parallel or series — giving the user even more tweakability than the original hardware.
Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite features
- Two sophisticated coloration generators recreated from the Vertigo VSM-2 hardware and authenticated by Vertigo Sound.
- 2nd Harmonic FET Crusher for warm saturation or distortion.
- 3rd Harmonic Zener Blender for bright, clear, saturation or distortion.
- Crusher and Blender can each be applied to specific signal frequency ranges and then further filtered using the Shape control.
- M/S decoding and encoding for each circuit allows processing of entire stereo signal, or Mid or Side stereo channels.
Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor Plug-In
The Vertigo VSC-2 Quad Discrete VCA Compressor was Vertigo Sound’s very first product, putting the German company on the map with its genius juxtaposition of vintage sonics and high-tech design. Developed by Brainworx, the Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor Plug-In for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces is an exhaustive emulation of this modern classic — right down to its four hand-built discrete VCAs — delivering legendary compression textures with a modern signal path and controls.
Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor features
- Faithful recreation of the Vertigo VSC-2’s all-discrete VCA compressor circuitry, authenticated by Vertigo Sound.
- Provides the rich tonal characteristics of classic compressors with modern mastering-grade audio specifications.
- Soft mode for a threshold-related ratio that automatically increases with higher input signal.
- Brick mode to operate the VSC-2 as a limiter, effectively cutting off signal peaks.
Massenburg DesignWorks MDWEQ5 EQ Plug-In
A unique, ultra-powerful equalizer, the Massenburg DesignWorks MDWEQ5 plug-in provides crystal clear processing at the highest resolutions. A go-to EQ for music, as well as game developers and engineers in film and television, the MDWEQ5 plug-in is accurate, precise, and ear-tuned by the man who invented the term “parametric EQ,” George Massenburg.
Massenburg DesignWorks MDWEQ5 EQ
- Created by George Massenburg, the pioneer of parametric equalization.
- IsoPeak® function for finding problem frequencies quickly and accurately.
- Maximum bit-depth processing with zero coloration and distortion.
- Includes two plug-ins; the 5-band MDWEQ5 EQ and 3-band MDWEQ3 EQ.
The plug-ins are available for purchase for $299 USD each.
More information: Universal Audio