LVC-Audio has launched a beta of PhreePhuzz, a free saturation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PhreePhuzz utilizes many underlying technologies used to create PreAMPed.
PhreePhuzz can be pushed into overt distortion; however, it excels at more gentle saturation effects. Each of the four saturation settings has emphasis on different frequency components.
PhreePhuzz can be used to give a track low-end saturation without dulling the high frequencies, or it can be used to give a shimmering high-end sparkle without muddying the bass.
- Virtual analog saturation simulator.
- 4x oversampling using linear phase filtering to ensure great high-end response.
- Four distinct saturation types, including separate saturation algorithms and multiband settings.
- Standard LVC-Audio controls, like A->B knob comparison and fine adjustment of knobs.
The public beta of the plug-in is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: LVC-Audio / PhreePhuzz
Dr. Speaker Blower has announced TNT, a free saturation effect plugin for Windows.
TNT is released for free in celebration of 15 years of Dr. Speaker Blower.
Meet TNT – a 32 bit PC VST plugin. Aimed for for vintage saturation/distortion sounds, this is not a new plugin but it is my last plugin. It has 2 flavours: single band and multi-band. Each version has mono and stereo components so we are talking of a total of 4 plugins!
Originally made in 2009 as an exclusive plugin for a customer, it was rescued in the beginning of this year as it was no longer used as he switched to Mac. During this year, it was given as a bonus download to all my customers and it is now available for free!
The TNT plug-in is available to download as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: Dr. Speaker Blower
, Abbey Road
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 15, 2013
Waves and Abbey Road Studios have launched the J37 tape saturation plugin, a precision model of the very machine used to record many of the greatest masterpieces in modern music.
With a variety of user-adjustable controls including Tape Speed, Bias, Noise, Saturation, Wow and Flutter, the Waves: Abbey Road J37 faithfully recreates the inimitable sonic signature of the original machine. In addition to the J37 itself, three exclusive oxide tape formulas have been modeled.
Specially developed by EMI during the ‘60s and ‘70s, each formula has its own unique frequency response and harmonic distortion behavior. In order to push the envelope even further, a comprehensive Tape Delay unit has been added to complement those warm tones.
The Waves: Abbey Road J37 tape emulation plugin will bring stunning analog warmth to your digital recordings, delivering a level of hardware realism never before experienced “in the box.”
Abbey Road J37 features
- Tape saturation plugin.
- Created in association with Abbey Road Studios.
- Modeled on the machine used to create countless classic ’60s tracks.
- Includes models of three exclusive tape formulas developed by EMI.
- Adds analog warmth to digital recordings.
- Controls for Bias, Wow, Flutter, Tape Speed and more.
- Comprehensive Tape Delay including three different delay types, Sync, LP and HP filter controls and more.
The J37 plug-in is available to purchase for the introductory price of $149 USD (Native) / $249 USD (Soundgrid).
More information: Waves / J37 Tape
OCD DSP has released OCS (Obsessive compulsive saturation), a free saturator effect plug-in for Windows.
OCS is a saturation unit inspired by the analogue behavior. It can be used as a console saturation unit but it can have a more sporadic approach as well.
By maximizing the input and minimizing the output you can drive the unit at its full capacity, the gain increase auto compensates when you use them like that.
For a mild console like usage, use a gain trim plugin by decreasing the input before the plugin and a trim to compensate the gain after the plugin. (-5 dBs on the trim before would work great for that effect/+5 on after plugin to compensate*)
OCS is available to download as a freeware VST plug-in (32bit) for Windows.
More information: OCD DSP
Klanghelm Audio Plugins has announced the release of SDRR, a saturation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Klanghelm’s SDRR effect plugin in Tube mode.
SDRR was build to satisfy almost all of your saturation desires. It provides a comprehensive set of controls to manipulate the character of the saturation to make it fit exactly.
SDRR offers four different main modes: TUBE, DIGI, FUZZ, DESK and reacts dynamically to the input signal. Each mode has it’s unique crosstalk behaviour, which can be switched of or exagerrated. A unique RMS level difference metering mode makes level matching an easy task.
SDRR can be different things: a saturation, a compressor, an EQ, a bitcrusher, a subtle stereo widener, or simply add some movement to your tracks with the DRIFT control. Add warmth, depth and character to your tracks with SDRR.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS), for the introductory price of 22 EUR.
More information: Klanghelm / SDRR
, effect plugins
, group buy
Posted in news
on Jul 01, 2013
Voxengo has launched a group buy for its VariSaturator saturation effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
VariSaturator features two saturation modules which are applied in sequence, in two-band mode each.
VariSaturator is an audio effect AU and VST plugin designed to apply saturation effects to audio material.
VariSaturator can be used both to boost the loudness of the audio tracks without increasing their peak levels proportionally, and to apply subtle harmonic coloration that makes tracks sound more pronounced and polished.
The VariSaturator group buy voting stage ends at July 15th, 2013 (or earlier when 50% discount is reached). Note that casting a vote does not require you to actually buy the plug-in.
More information: Voxengo / Group Buys
Klanghelm has announced the release of IVGI, a freeware saturation and distoration effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
IVGI can deliver very soft and subtle saturation, that feels at home on the master buss. It is equally capable of very dense and dirty distortion effects to spice up single tracks.
IVGI’s base sound is comparable to the DESK mode in the upcoming big brother SDRR.
Just as SDRR, IVGI reacts dynamically to the input signal. Even the modelled fluctuations react dynamically and also change depending on the drive setting, so that it doesn’t get in the way of the SOUND. Stereo tracks benefit from it’s modelled crosstalk behaviour. Just as its big brother SDRR, IVGI features a “Controlled Randomness”, which determines the internal drift and variance inside the unit. It contributes to the livelyness and realness of IVGI’s saturation character. All internal processes are modulated to some extent to make this possible.
- IVGI reacts dynamically to the input.
- No to very low aliasing even at extreme settings.
- Variable noise modelling (program material and settings dependent) to avoid the noise getting in the way of the sound.
- 4 x oversampling.
- 7 samples of latency.
- Adjustable frequency dependency.
- “CONTROLLED RANDOMNESS”: every internal process is modulated to a certain extent to simulate drift, variance and internal fluctuations.
- Special designed super smooth and unobtrusive high shelving filter to brighten up sounds.
- Adjustable asymmetry of the saturation giving control over harmonic content and also transparency of the saturation.
- Smooth compression characteristics.
- Accurate VU metering of input and output.
- Unique RMS output-input difference VU mode for easy level matching.
- Low memory footprint.
The IVGI plug-in is available as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS).
More information: Klanghelm / IVGI
MaxSynths has announced the release of DSP-2 Vocal, a new high precision effect for vocal tracks.
DSP-2 is a new high precision insert effect for vocal processing which includes an Intelligent Dynamic Processor, a saturator, a four band equalizer fixed on vocal key frequencies and a room emulator based on the Schroeder reverberator.
DSP-2 has been designed to be an easy to understand solution for all your vocal processing needs.
DSP-2 Vocal features
- Intelligent Dynamic Processor (IDP).
- Four different automatic operative modes:
- Fast attack, fast release.
- Fast A, slow R.
- Slow A, fast R.
- Slow A, slow R.
- Selectable compression ratio.
- Saturator with three different operation modes.
- EQ fixed on vocal key frequencies.
- Room emulator based on Schroeder reverb model.
- Transparent increment of the perceived volume level.
- High precision input/output VU-meter.
- Low CPU usage.
DSP-2 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 19.90 EUR.
More information: MaxSynths / DSP-2 Vocal