Cakewalk has announced availability of a free update for Z3TA+ 2, the powerful second generation waveshaping synthesizer.
The Z3TA+ 2.1 update provides numerous usability enhancements, optimizations and overall improved performance.
Changes in Z3TA+ v2.1
- Scala tuning files are now supported with the latest full library of Scala tuning files from the Scala homepage are included.
- Users can now search for presets using the Preset Search button.
- Arpeggiator Auto Fit mode loads any MIDI file and intelligently adjusts the data to work as a new arpeggiator pattern. Arp patterns can also be dragged to host applications for customization.
- New Program menu options have been added, including the option to set any preset as the default preset, display a list of the most recently loaded presets, and the ability to import banks in their original order.
- Memory usage has been greatly improved.
- And many more enhancements, improvements, and bug fixes. Details here.
All registered Z3TA+ 2 customers can download the free Z3TA+ 2.1 update at www.cakewalk.com.
More information: Cakewalk / Z3TA+ 2
Moog has announced the release of the Phatty Tuner, an alternate scales editor now available for Slim Phatty.
Available for the Slim Phatty and coming soon for the Little Phatty with OS v3.0, this free download makes experimenting with alternate scales a breeze.
Tuning data is easily editable and is displayed as a ratio, frequency and in cents. Scala files (www.huygens-fokker.org/scala) can be imported and exported for use with other tuning software. An unlimited number of tunings can be saved on your computer and the synthesizer’s hardware can store up to thirty-two different tunings; enough to take you around the world and back again.
If your musical explorations actually take you around the world, the Little Phatty and Slim Phatty’s convenient size and universal power supplies make them ideal travel partners.
More information: Moog / Phatty Tuner
Homegrown Sounds has announced the release of Scala Creator, a plug-in for creating microtonal patches.
Scala Creator is a VST plugin for Windows, designed to make creating Microtonal patches in Scala format an easy process.
Although it is primarily designed as part of the Astralis pack to make patches for the Astralis synths, the produced .scl files can be used with any application that can load them.
Scales can be up to 48 notes which should suit most purposes, and Scales can be created using cents via knobs or text entry boxes, which can also accept ratios.
Scala Creator is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC, priced at $22 USD. It is free for existing owners of the Astralis Pack.
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Scala Creator