Precisionsound has announced Astrosphere, a library of soundscape loops inspired by science fiction.
Evoking alien habitats, future technology, and spaces that defy the laws of physics, Astrosphere provides nearly an hour of imaginative material for film, game, theatre and radio production. Composers of electronic and ambient music will also find the soundscapes inspiring and useful.
Each soundscape is over one minute in length, and loops seamlessly.
- 50 stereo 48khz 24-bit WAV files, intended primarily to be placed directly on the timeline of a DAW or video editor, such as Cubase/Nuendo, Sonar, Vegas, Pro Tools, Logic, etc.
- Over 54 minutes of audio (897Mb total content).
- 1 program for all versions of Steinberg HALion.
- 1 program for NI Kontakt 1 and 2.
- 1 program with scripted GUI for NI Kontakt 3 and above.
- Included sampler programs are for easy auditioning of sounds. The program for Kontakt 3 and above displays the name of the played file on the GUI when you press a key.
Astrosphere is available to purchase as a download for $29 USD or on DVD for $40 USD. All sampler formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound / Astrosphere
Bluezone Corporation has announced Xen World, a sample library featuring sci-fi sound effects and soundscapes.
‘Xen World Sci Fi Sound Effects and Soundscapes’ features over 390MB of dark cinematic elements, biological sounds, eerie sounds from alien planets, organic soundscapes and sound FXs. These sound design elements in WAV format have been created specifically for film / TV composers and game music producers. This sample pack is 100% Royalty Free.
Produced by Bluezone Corporation ( Ambient Injection series, Dark Atmospheres & SFX series… ) this sound collection includes audio elements such as soundscapes, disturbing drones, massive textures, evolving sound FXs, as well as sounds of strange and bizarre creatures. ‘Xen World Sci Fi Sound Effects and Soundscapes’ is royalty free and provides 125 mastered stereo evolving textures. Now available for Instant download, this sample pack is really great for futuristic fantasy and science fiction sound ambiences.
Xen World is available to purchase for 11.95 EUR.
More information: Bluezone / Xen World
P5Audio has released Ambient Odyssey, a collection of ambient loops.
What are the sounds of the cosmos? P5audio believes that we might have come close to figuring it out with the dark ambient sounds found in Ambient Odyssey. These samples and music loops are inspired by the sci-fi tracks of the cinema and contain sounds that range from spacy and delicate to harsh and glitchy! Percect for your Dark Ambient, Dubstep, House, Techno, IDM and Glitch tracks!
Ambient Odyssey features
- 72 Music Loops, 11 soundscapes, and 54 stabs including Spacy Oscillations, Atmospheric Soundscapes, LFO FX, Epic Breakdowns, Dark Ambient Chords and more.
- Inspired by the music of Aphex Twin, Jean Michel Jarre, Accadia, Chicane, Orkidea, and the soundtracks of sci-fi games.
- A range of tempos have been included so you will have many music production options with this amazing collection. All tempos and keys are provided.
- The music loops have been formatted for Acid Loops, Apple Loops, and REX2.
- 100% royalty free.
Ambient Odyssey is available to purchase for a special sale price of $14.99 USD (regular $24.99 USD).
More information: P5Audio / Ambient Odyssey
Bluezone has released Robotic Division, a collection of sci-fi sound effects.
Robotic Division: Sci-Fi Sound Effects’ has been designed to offer you the ultimate robotic sound library, with extremely great precision for sounds, either in dynamic or stereo width.
Including mechanical robotic modern sounds, futuristic communications, textured outer space ambiences, heavy impacts and tension raising, this sample pack take your creativity to the next level.
‘Robotic Division: Sci-Fi Sound Effects’ is an overdose of 243 powerful samples including ascending and descending frequencies, robot malfunctions, transformations and more.
Robotic Division is available to purchase for €16.95 EUR.
More information: Bluezone Corporation / Robotic Division
Bluezone Corporation has released Ambient Injection: Evolving Energy, a sample library featuring sounds for Sci-Fi film scoring.
This exceptional sample pack contains intenses soundscapes, unreal atmospheres, deep drones, processed Sci-Fi sound effects, finely crafted transitions, falls, impacts and more. This ultimate sample pack is suited for Ambient, Dubstep, Drum & Bass, Breaks and film’s background music.
With over 400 MB of textured sounds, ‘Ambient Injection: Evolving Energy’ is an incredible selection of 114 pro audio samples thoroughly selected. Some samples go up to 1 minute recording. To add a clear and remarkable panoramic stereo, each sound has been designed with high quality hardware and software effects. This collection has it all.
This sound library delivers a large choice of static and heavy drones, a massive range of analogue soundscapes, layered elements and many more. This expertly processed sample pack is all the audio tools you need to start a new professional production. Just listen to the demo to have an idea of this downloadable pack’s potential. ‘Ambient Injection: Evolving Energy’ is 100% royalty free. You can use it in your music productions without any additional costs.
Ambient Injection: Evolving Energy is available to purchase for €14.95 EUR.
More information: Bluezone / Ambient Injection: Evolving Energy
Hollow Sun has released TriOsc, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Styled on equipment retrieved from an ancient, disused rocket launch control centre, TriOsc features three oscillators with samples of valve sine and triangle waveforms taken from a rack of vintage test equipment to create dense clusters of retro sci-fi electronica.
- Advanced Retro Synthesis Engine.
- Three Oscillators with valve sine / triangle waveforms.
- Samples sourced from vintage test oscillators.
- Multiwave LFO.
- FM / AM modulation.
- ‘Serendipity’ button for random patch creation.
- Poly and mono play modes.
- Portamento / glide.
- Distortion, chorus, phaser, rotary and echo multi-FX.
- Convolved reverb featuring vintage spring reverbs.
TriOsc is available to purchase for $8 USD.
More information: Hollow Sun / TriOsc
H.G. Fortune has announced the release of Altair 4, a virtual “SciFi Sounds Lab” instrument plug-in for Windows.
As the subname of this plugin synthesizer says this SciFi Sounds Lab will be of best service for all doing soundtracks for movies or games in the genres of SciFi, Suspense, Horror, Fantasy and alike needing special, spacey, wobbly FX sounds. Ok, it can do some more than these e.g. bell like stuff and even it does fit amazingly well in fairly conventional songs (see below).
This is also an hommage to the movie ‘Forbidden Planet’ from 1956 being the first movie with a complete electronic soundtrack using sounds that could have been done with this plugin. User comments: “This instrument does do a lot of the things the Barron’s did with their circuitry albeit a lot easier. It makes sciFi sounds & noises and everybody will reminiscent to a old soundlaboratory of the 50/60ties”. Anyway Altair 4 puts it to a modern level with some sophisticated controls.
Altair 4 (Pro) features
- 2 oscillators with two soundsources with one (B) driving the other (A) to resonate.
- Each oscillator with three mod inputs and extensive control options.
- 3 LFO: L1 (7 waves) with key restart on first key pressed, L2 (8 waves) and phase modulation.
- L3 (7 waves) with optional modulation by sub LFO.
- 2 hidden LFO: L12 = mix of L1 and L2, L13 = mix of L1 and L3.
- 1 Sample & Hold (6 modes).
- 1 VCA with AR EG (with pan for undelayed sound at Rev section).
- 1 Main Volume with level control: fixed, Velocity, and even Aftertouch, or Wheel.
- 1 Delay (bpm synced) and dedicated pan.
- 1 Bass Boost.
- 1 Reverb with predelay.
- 1 Hold button to hold last played key.
- 1 Joypad with 3 balls to control 6 destinations.
- 8 Voices.
- 256 Patches (2 Banks).
Altair 4 Pro is available to purchase for a introductory price of 19 EUR until 15 May, 2011 (30% off regular price of 29 EUR).
The last public beta version is also available at no cost. This is identical to the Pro version with the exception of the GUI, it has only 3 voices instead of 8, and the internal patchbank is not filled up completely.
More information: H.G. Fortune