, samples and sound libraries
, Scot Solida
, The Electronic Garden
Posted in news
on May 25, 2009
The Electronic Garden has launched with two sample libraries: Degenerator and ARP Collection.
The Electronic Garden kick off our new site with a pair of super-affordable sample packages featuring some of the coolest instruments in our studio. Whether you are a vintage synth fan or an experimental musician, one of these is bound to inspire you.
Degenerator is a collection of chaotic, contorted loops fashioned from battered rhythm boxes and quirky contraptions.
- Over 200 loops in .aif format, ranging from 100 BPM to 130 BPM.
- Palpitating percussion and bizarre beats specially designed for the adventurous experimenter.
- Instruments used in the creation of Degenerator include: Roland CR-78, Korg Minipops, Wersimatic WM-1, TEG modular synth, Symbolic Sound Corporation Kyma, Moog Minimoog, EMS VCS3, PPG Wave 2.2, Digidesign Turbosynth, U&I Metasynth.
- Royalty-free samples.
Degenerator is available for purchase for $15 USD.
ARP Collection features the sounds of various vintage ARP instruments.
I have sampled my entire ARP Collection and rolled the results into patches for Native Instruments’ Kontakt and Reason 4′s NN-XT samplers.
ARP Collection features
- Over 700 samples, meticulously looped and patched into 128 patches.
- ARP instruments sampled: ARP 2600, ARP Odyssey, ARP Omni II, ARP Model 1601 Sequencer.
- Includes basses, leads, special effects, pads, and percussion, all bursting with that classic analog sound.
- Includes edited and looped raw waveforms.
- Available in Kontakt 3, Reason 4 NN-XT and Combinator, and sfz formats.
The ARP Collection is available for purchase for $25 USD.
Some free samples from both libraries are available for download from the freebies page.
Visit The Electronic Garden for more information.
, Camel Audio
, Ian Boddy
, instrument plugins
, Nucleus SoundLab
, Robert Rich
, Scot Solida
, Tim Conrardy
Posted in news
on Sep 15, 2008
Camel Audio has announced Alchemy, the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer.
It’s a synth powerhouse and yet is very easy to use thanks to its performance controls and remix pads. Just tweak the library of excellent presets from many of the world’s top sound designers or dive in and analyse your own samples – it’s up to you!
Alchemy key features
- Additive, spectral and granular synthesis and resynthesis, sampling, and a very capable virtual analog engine with unison and PWM.
- Morph or crossfade between sources.
- Import your own samples from SFZ, WAV or AIFF files.
- A wide range of analog modelled filters are included, in addition to a flexible rack of effects which includes all those from CamelPhat and CamelSpace as well as many new effects such as a high quality reverb.
- The innovative modulation system is extremely flexible, yet easy to use.
- Powerful arpeggiator with the ability to import the groove from any MIDI file for immediate synchronization to a beat.
- Over 2GB of samples and analysed content from in-house designers Tim Conrardy and Biomechanoid, as well as designers such as Ian Boddy, Robert Rich, Scott Solida and Nucleus SoundLab.
- A library of 300 excellent presets from many of the world’s top sound designers is included, arranged into categories for rapid access to the sound you require.
Alchemy will be available this Autumn for $249 USD / 199 EUR / 159 GBP. Cameleon owners will be able to crossgrade for half price ($125 USD / 99 EUR / 79 GBP) and CamelSpace and CamelPhat owners will be eligble for a reduced price as well ($199 USD / 159 EUR / 127 GBP).
To celebrate the announcement of Alchemy Camel Audio are having a 38% off sale on Cameleon , bringing the price down to just $125 USD / 99 EUR / 79 GBP. So if you don’t already own Cameleon, you could buy it today and familiarise yourself with additive synthesis, and then take advantage of the 50% off discount when Alchemy is released. You’ll get Alchemy and Cameleon for the price of Alchemy alone, and new sounds to play with right away.
Visit Camel Audio for more information, including a video and mp3s.