112dB has updated its 64-bit plugins Redline Reverb, Redline Monitor, Big Blue Limiter and Big Blue Compressor to version 1.0.8, 1.0.6, 1.1.2, and 1.0.2.
Big Blue Compressor gets a new graphic user interface.
Big Blue Compressor features a brand new alternative skin designed by Scott Kane. All updates include an important bug fix for 64-bit VST users.
Changes in 112dB plugins
- 64-bit VST version sometimes caused a crash on Windows systems with more than 4 gig memory.
- Sample rate wasn’t retrieved correctly from the host (AU).
- Latency wasn’t communicated correctly to certain hosts.
- Several potential memory leaks have been resolved.
The updates are free for all registered users.
More information: 112dB
Rayzoon has announced the release of Jamstix 3, a virtual drummer instrument plug-in for Windows.
Jamstix is a new breed of virtual drum software, which simulates a drummer inside of your sequencer/host. Unlike most other drum modules, which either provide static MIDI patterns or an engine that combines pre-recorded MIDI patterns, Jamstix features a state-of-the-art realtime simulation of a human drummer down to the calculation of the time it takes a drummer to move an arm from drum A to drum B. This means that arrangements created with Jamstix are always humanly playable (no ten-armed drummers!) and also always unique and varied since they are created based on rules and not static patterns.
When Jamstix 1 was released in March of 2005, it was quickly praised for its new and innovative approach using rule-based groove intelligence. Jamstix 3 takes this approach to new heights with an improved interface, more styles and drummers and countless new features and enhancements. The new “song builder” function can create a full drum arrangement with many parts and fills in seconds and brand-new stock kits offer incredible realistic sound reproduction.
Changes in Jamstix 3
- Much improved interface graphics (courtesy of Scott Kane).
- Increased GUI size.
- Wizard to aid in creation of song structure.
- Easy/advanced brain mode options to ease learning curve.
- More styles & drummers.
- Time signature support expanded to 7/4 (14/8).
- Sample load-on-demand (LOD) to reduce memory footprint.
- Snares and toms get left/right/center sounds and all logic is modified to properly support this. Example: groove snare hits are center and a single stroke roll will use left/right hits.
- Hands can be assigned tools (drumstick, mallet, brush, hot-rod), which also allows mix-&-match.
- Hihat expressive range extended to support tip and shank in the same kit.
- Note edit grouping in the bar editor.
- ‘kit’ and ‘mixer’ windows will be integrated into main interface.
- Expanded mixer.
- Improved fill planning by the A.I. using motion paths.
- Grouped kit editing (i.e. 1 set of hihat controls versus the current 7).
- Audio output routing/naming based on sound group.
- Expanded rolls, wash and rudiments options.
- Lots of other small improvements.
Jamstix 3 is available to purchase for Windows PC (Mac version in development) starting at $99 USD. Jamstix 1 or 2 owners can upgrade for $49 USD.
More information: Rayzoon
Admiral Quality has released version 1.15 of Poly-Ana, an analog model polyphonic synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Poly-Ana uses a different approach than most other VA soft-synths which we feel delivers a sound more authentic to the early analog synths that inspired her features. This “brute-force” method admittedly requires more processing power than other common techniques, but is a far truer model of the functioning of real analog instruments.
Changes in Poly-Ana v1.15
- New platform support for Windows x64 VST and OSX VST.
- Splashscreen replaced by new cross-platform Options Dialog. Click product name to activate.
- Clicks in Cakewalk Sonar while working editor controls may be fixed (let us know please).
- By popular demand: Faster editor loads after first time.
- Silent gap demo mode only now on all platforms. Demo never expires.
L’il Poly-Ana, the preset-player version of Poly-Ana, was updated to version 1.15 as well.
Poly-Ana is available to purchase as a VST instrument plug-in for PC and Mac, priced at $179.95 USD. L’il Poly-Ana costs $94.95 USD.
More information: Admiral Quality / Poly-Ana
112dB has released version 1.0.1 of Redline Reverb, a musical reverb based on a completely new and original concept that excels in both warmth and transparency at extremely low CPU usage.
Changes in Redline Reverb v1.0.1
- Support for custom skins (Vintage skin by Scott Kane included).
- Shift click on a favorites button as a shortcut to store the current program as a favorite.
- Preset order using Prev/Next Preset buttons now identical to the presets popup menu.
- [Mac/AU] Fixed GUI offset in Bias Peak Pro.
- [Mac/AU] Automation parameter values displayed wrong in Logic.
- [Mac/AU] Fixed occasional crash when quitting host with Redline Reverb window open.
- Buttons (Bypass and Prev/Next Preset) on PowerPC Macs wouldn’t switch off.
- Parameter name display now displayed correctly.
- Saving single presets (.fxp) now works correctly.
Redline Reverb is available for the introductory price of 99 EUR / $99 USD until June 15, 2009 (regular price 149 EUR / $149 USD). A 60-day evaluation license is available for download here.
Visit 112 dB for more information.