Noisebud has released version 2.0 of the GranMa buffer scratching plug-in for Windows.
Except small changes in the granular engine there’s two new main features, a freeze button that will override everything (even the wet/dry knob) and freeze what ever is sent into the plugin at the moment. And second there’s now a timer so that the user may know the length of their recorded audio.
Changes in GranMa v2.0
- Added a simple Freeze button.
- Added a timer for the length of the buffer.
- Changed the behavior of the release.
- The playback engine is a bit more smooth.
- Dry/Wet control is designed to make more sense.
- The record button is now also an input audio meter.
A black/white version of GranMa for Windows (VST) is available to download at no cost. For a minimum donation of $2 USD you can get the plug-in with a colored GUI.
More information: Noisebud / GranMa
Music Weapons has announced the release of Virtual Scratch DJ, a scratching effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
VSDJ is about to turn the hiphop production world upside down, your thinking to yourself “a virtual scratch dj plugin, that sound insane” but after years of research the plugin is finally becoming a reality.
No need to pay people to do cuts on your beats/songs, no need to invest thousands in a decent dj rig, let alone being good at scratching. With Virtual Scratch DJ people wont even know the difference. Now you can play a massive library of cuts directly on your board just like you would with any instrument, and all techniques are covered.
There will be a huge scratch phrase library completely playable, a massive bank of vsdj exclusive phrase patches from dope emcees and voice over artists from around the world, a slew of “crab scratch patches” to simulate the popular technique used in some of your favorite recordings as well as SFX banks and much more.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at $99.99 USD.
More information: Music Weapons / Virtual Scratch DJ
, Ms Pinky
Posted in news
on Nov 14, 2013
Stagecraft Software has launched Scratch Track, a virtual turntable instrument for Windows and Mac.
Add a turntable to your DAW with this simple plugin.
Supports almost every type of timecoded vinyl on the market (serato, traktor, MK2, torq, ms pinky), let’s you scratch tracks, samples, and even live input.
Has an adjustable crossfader curve for precision scratching, low latency, and cue points for playing samples in rapid fire. There is nothing else like it out there!
The Scratch Track for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for $20 USD.
More information: Stagecraft / Scratch Track
AfroDJMac has introduced the ADM Vinyl Scratcher, a free vinyl scratcher effect device for Ableton Live.
Record scratching is a trademark in many genres of electronic music. But the idea of lugging around another piece of gear just doesn’t seem worth it to me (and a record player would be a rather larger addition). Oh yea, plus I don’t really know how to scratch on vinyl anyway.
I don’t feel bad admitting that because, despite the name AfroDJMac, I’m not a DJ. In my mind, what I do is closer to a singer with a guitar and some effect pedals than DJ-ing. So, since I can’t scratch vinyl or even want to learn at risk of having to carrying around extraneous equipment, I created an Ableton Live Rack to do the job.
The ADM Vinyl Scratcher for Ableton Live is a free download.
More information: AfroDJMac / ADM Vinyl Scratcher
Noisebud has released GranMa, a free buffer scratching instrument plug-in for Windows.
We made Noisebud GranMa since we needed a fast and effective buffer scratch thing.
GranMa will simply sample the source as soon you hit the rec button and play it back at the buffers location with the two scratch platters (the left one will only move the buffer position and the right one will try to pitchbend it’s way to the platters position).
Remember that it will only sound when you move the platters, like a real deck with a broken motor, Have fun!
GranMa for Windows (VST) is freeware.
More information: Noisebud / GranMa
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Aug 20, 2013
Serato has announced version 1.3 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ is our best feature set for all-in-one controllers. It delivers performance to meet the demands of DJs at the top of their game and sets a new standard for controller DJs.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.3
- Serato DJ FX Expansion Packs containing new FX powered by iZotope: The Wolf Pack, available as a free download, and the Back Pack, available to purchase for USD19.
The Wolf Pack contains Epic Verb, Bit Crush, Tremolo, Repeater, Braker and Brake Echo, and the Back Pack contains Tape Echo, Looper, Time Stretch, Spiral Echo and Envelope Filter. Both packs contain a large number of Multi FX presets.
- Favorite FX allows you to customize the effects select drop down menus that appear in Serato DJ, showing the FX you choose as your favorites.
- Slip Mode for all supported Serato DJ controllers. When Slip Mode is activated you can manipulate the audio as normal (e.g scratching, Looping, triggering Cue Points etc), however once you have finished, the playback position is returned to where it would be if you had not manipulated the audio. Slip Mode can also be MIDI mapped to a secondary MIDI controller if your hardware doesn’t have a dedicated Slip Mode button.
- Novation TWITCH, Vestax VCI-300 & VFX-1 Support.
- Numark NS7 MKII Support.
- Fixed Tap tempo lighting on Pioneer DDJ-SX.
- Fixed the crossfader curve options being swapped in the Setup screen.
- Changed vinyl button lighting on Vestax VCI-400 to make it more clear that you are in slip mode.
- Numark MixDeck and MixDeck Express now show correct BPM when a deck is in Sync.
- Fixed Play from First Cue Point Setup screen option stability.
- Fixed platter scratching on NS7 with motor off and track paused.
- Fixed needle-search on VCI-380.
- Fixed a bug where Play from First Cue Point option was broken if track configured with first cue point.
- Fixed Beatgrid Slip not working with motor off on NS7
- Start/Stop time on NS7 is now remembered in software with motor off.
- Fixed Slip/Shift mode platter interaction.
- Fixed a bug where Shift + Beatgrid Adjust sometimes moved playhead when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed deck showing incorrect pitch sometimes after switching layers
- MIDI mapping of the Autoloop range shift buttons (< and >) unfortunately has been broken and users will need to remap them.
The Serato DJ v1.3 update is now available to download.
More information: Serato / Serato DJ
, DJ Santé
, Producer Tech
Posted in news
on Jul 02, 2013
Producertech has announced a 50% discount on the Learn to DJ – Beginners Guide video tutorial.
Anyone wanting to learn to DJ but without a clue where to start can now come to us for help! Our Beginners Guide provides lessons on all the basic skills needed to DJ on any format, from vinyl decks and CDJs to software like Traktor.
The final two modules teach a multitude of scratching techniques and provide an insight into the life of pro DJ Santé.
The course is available to purchase at 50% off by using coupon Code LMIDJ50 at checkout.
More information: idjcourse
Producer Loops has announced the release of Supalife Glitch & Breaks, a new sample pack by Eddy Beneteau of Supalife Records.
It includes some of the most insane turntable wizardry around plus everything from vocal fragments to synth leads and white noise, all scratched beyond recognition into new rhythmic phrases.
These scratch loops alone would be enough to create a worthy sample pack, but ‘Supalife Glitch & Breaks’ also includes a selection of infectious beats, bass lines, melodies and chord progressions, as heard in the MP3 demo.
And because every loop has been formatted as REX you can play them like instruments and easily re-arrange the scratch loops into new patterns using any compatible software (such as Stylus RMX or Dr OctoRex in Reason 6.5).
Supalife Glitch & Breaks is available to purchase for £22.46 GBP.
More information: Producer Loops / Supalife Glitch & Breaks