PowerFX has announced the release of DJ Samplr, a music app for the iPhone.
Power up your DJ set with DJ Samplr, the iPhone app that includes over 300 sounds in a simple “drum pad style” interface with pad tap and hold pitch bend and panning. You can also record, edit and assign your own samples or import sounds via iTunes.
Great to use in a live DJ setting or playing around at home, just plug you iPhone into your mixer and jam along with DJ Samplr by dropping in some great sounds or mangling them up with the touch of your finger. Futuristic scratching!
PowerFX, sound developers who are responsible for many of the loops and sounds found in Apple’s GarageBand, Logic and the Jam Pack series, have packed this with an incredible array of useful sounds like whooshes, wubs, hall kicks, dub hits, chord pads, noise pads, vocal FX, sound effects, scratches, world vocals, old school rap, zaps and much more!
DJ Samplr for iPhone is available to purchase for $4.99 USD.
More information: PowerFX / DJ Samplr
Point Blank Online has launched a new course DJ skills with Serato Scratch Live, a chance to get to grips with a staple of modern DJing; Serato Scratch Live.
Serato Scratch is an ideal platform for DJs who want to retain the feel and style of mixing with vinyl but don’t want to carry a big box of records or CD sleeve to every gig. Using one in a range of bespoke Rane USB interfaces, Scratch Live brings vinyl and laser disc into the 21st century, allowing full mix control of digital audio files via a conventional turntable or CDJ.
Now at the helm of this new course is DJ Blakey. The more discerning mix fans will already know that he is a DMC world champion and has hosted his own show on Radio 1 sister station 1Xtra. Other achievements you might not be aware of are his residency at Fabric in London and his 2007 tour with Jurassic 5. It’s fair to say that Blakey knows his stuff and that if you want to learn how to mix, particularly with software like Serato Scratch Live, you could not ask for a better tutor.
During the course you will learn how to utilize Scratch Live to its highest potential at every stage of the mix; from loading tracks, beat matching and scratching to multi-deck mixing, looping and adding effects. The course also details how to use various controllers in conjunction with Scratch Live including the Rane TTM 57 SL mixer.
If you want to play regular gigs as a DJ or already do, then you will undoubtedly benefit from using Scratch Live. Where better to learn these skills than with industry professional tutors at Point Blank Online? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Point Blank’s DJ skills with Serato Scratch Live is 4 weeks in duration and costs £355 GBP (approximately $530 USD). The course is available to book now.
More information: Point Blank Online
Stanton has announced the release of Scratch DJ Academy MIX, an intuitive DJ software application developed by Scratch DJ Academy, which helps music fans mix their digital music files while they learn the DJ basics along the way and inspires professional DJs to better analyze their tracks.
Scratch DJ Academy MIX! is an exciting DJ software application that is perfect for the aspiring DJ who is advancing their skills, all the way up to the professional who needs a sophisticated tool to perfect their game. DJ’s can practice or perfect a mix within the software using intuitive tools to create high quality, professional mixes time after time.
Scratch DJ Academy MIX! features
- Accurate tempo (Beats per Minute) detection.
- Automatic Beat Mapping using advanced transient and customized groove analysis.
- Automatic Key Detection, with accurate, cross genre results.
- Playlist Hints highlight all compatible songs using BPM and Key matches.
- Helpful mixing and DJ hints from Scratch DJ Academy curriculum.
- Customizable Scratch FX created by Scratch DJ Academy Instructors.
- Import music by individual song or folder.
- Drag and Drop music with iTunes®, Windows Explorer® and Mac OSX Finder.
- Instant previewing of each song transition, for faster mixing.
- Preset mixing points of where Song B mixes into Song A, making mix placement simple.
- Preset length of each mix to 4-16 bars, or “drop“ setting, for all styles.
- Advanced Mix Editing with Cue Adjustments and Waveform View with variable zoom.
- Sessions can be saved for sharing and future editing, enhancing and sharing.
- Volume normalization and automatic Crossfade of mix transitions.
- Integrated MP3 ID3 Tag Editor to make your corrections viewable in other applications.
- Customizable, searchable and sortable list views of your music collection.
- Song Information window with TAP BPM Correction, Beat Grid view and Bar/Beat display.
- Compatible with MP3, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, and WAV formats.
- Completed mixes compatible with iTunes®, iPhone, and iPod. iPad
- Automatic software updates.
Scratch DJ Academy MIX! will be available soon for PC and Mac.
More information: Stanton / Scratch DJ Academy MIX!
Industrial Strength Records has released DJ Sykopath Slice Vol 1, a collection of scratch samples by DJ Sykopath.
With 430 samples, this amazing scratch pack contains a great source of original material for any producer or Dj looking for usable scratches and original vocal samples for djing and production work.
Turntable wiz DJ Sykopath is an underground legend in New York’s early rave days, he was rocking the tightest scratches over banging electronic music before anyone in New York City.
His unique scratching style has appeared in multiple formats and include songs featuring band members of Public Enemy and Biohazard. His scratch work also surfaced on Industrial Strength Records BHK Fidget Sample Pack. His Additional solo productions can be found on 12″ vinyl on Rob Gee’s A.D.A.M. Worldwide.
DJ Sykopath Slice Vol 1 features
- 99 Scratch CD samples.
- Over 300 Fully Acidized Wav Loops Tempo’s ranging from 87BPM to 130BPM.
- Includes Back Spins, Effects, Record Rewinds, Turntable Starts and Stops and Vocal Bleeps – WAV and AIFF.
- Kits for Battery 3, Kontakt 3 & Maschine.
- Also includes over 300 Rex2 & Apple Loops files.
DJ Sykopath Slice Vol 1 is available to purchase from Loopmasters for £19.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / DJ Sykopath Slice Vol 1
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 18, 2010
MeldaProduction has updated its line of effect plug-ins to 4.0 beta, which includes the release of two new effects: MMultiBandRhythmizer and MMultiBandDynamicsLarge.
Major update focuses mainly on performance. Improvements has for some plugins exceeded 300%. It also adds “online preset exchange” system, which when enabled makes each plugin share your presets and receive new ones from other users. We are creating a community of musicians!
And there are also 2 new plugins. MMultiBandRhythmizer is an extended version of our MRhythmizer available exclusively for users of MTotalBundle and MCreativeBundle. MMultiBandDynamicsLarge extends our MMultiBandDynamics by adding a sidechain and an additional processor. It is available inside MMultiBandDynamics package as well as in MTotalBundle and MMasteringBundle.
New MeldaProduction effects
- MMultiBandRhythmizer is a unique time manipulation effect that uses an integrated sequencer to control time, volume and filters. From gating to glitching, repeating to scratching, all with stunning audio quality and up to 6 distinct bands.
- MMultiBandDynamics is an advanced multiband dynamics processor with clear sound, designed originally for mastering. However due to its high performance and zero latency it is also suitable for any mixing purpose.
More information: MeldaProduction