Robotic Bean has launched Euclid Rhythm Generator, a new gate sequencer Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
Euclid Rhythm Generator is a Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason that uses Euclid’s Algorithm to generate natural-sounding rhythmical patterns. You can use it to trigger anything that has a gate input: Drums, synths or even external instruments.
It’s dead simple to use — Just hook it up and start tweaking the knobs! The graphical display visualizes every change you make to your pattern in real-time, and Euclid always stays in time with the music. Euclid also comes with tons of inspiring patches to use as a starting point.
Euclid Rhythm Generator features
- Euclidean gate sequencer with up to 32 steps.
- Patterns can be rotated up to 16 steps in both directions using the offset control.
- Advanced display that visualizes your pattern in real time.
- Individual mute buttons for each step, with support for click & drag.
- Always in sync with Reason’s main sequencer, at user-selectable resolution.
- Everything can be automated, modulated and remote controlled (except for the mute buttons).
- Four gate outputs provide unique variations of the same pattern.
- Reset input and output, quantized to the current resolution.
- Shuffle and slide controls, fully compatible with the corresponding controls in Reason’s ReGroove mixer.
- Enable button to turn on/off all gate outputs.
Euclid for Reason is available for purchase for the introductory price of 25 EUR until August 20th, 2014 (regular 32 EUR).
More information: Robotic Bean
Propellerhead has introduced Reason 8, a major new version of its award-winning Reason music production platform.
Reason 8 builds on the legendary music production software by introducing a completely redesigned user interface and streamlined workflow that makes it easy to create amazing music, faster than ever.
“Around the world, musicians and producers use Reason because it’s the most fun and inspiring music creation platform available,” said Leo Nathorst-Böös, Propellerhead Product Marketing Manager. “For Reason 8, we’ve taken everything people love about Reason and introduced a streamlined new user interface that makes it easier for new users to get started, and more fun for seasoned users to work faster.”
Reason 8 introduces a redesigned user interface with a whole new look and even smoother creative flow, while the new browser and search window provides immediate drag-and-drop access to inspiring samples, loops, and patches. Expanding on Reason’s included collection of instruments and effects are the new amps from Softube, bringing a variety of first-class guitar and bass tones to the rack. Countless workflow improvements make for a more streamlined music creation experience, allowing musicians and producers to move quickly from initial idea to a completed song. And with an ever-expanding selection of Rack Extension plug-ins available in the Propellerhead shop, Reason 8 provides everything users will ever need to make music.
Reason 8 will be available for purchase on September 30th, 2014 at the following suggested retail pricing:
- Reason 8: 405 EUR/$449 USD.
- Reason Essentials 8: 120 EUR/$129 USD.
- Reason 8 Upgrade (from any previous version): 129 EUR/$129 USD.
Propellerhead is also offering a grace period for customers who purchased Reason 7 on or after July 1st, 2014. Purchasing and registering a qualifying product today makes users eligible for a free upgrade to Reason 8 when it becomes available.
More information: Propellerhead Software / Reason 8
Image-Line’s FL Studio Guru has posted a video on FL Studio 32 vs 64 Bit, explaining the differences and similarities between the two versions of the music production software.
Since we launched FL Studio 64 Bit we’ve had a lot of questions from customers asking if they should switch from FL Studio 32 to 64 Bit. In this video we look at the differences and similarities between these two versions and hopefully make the decision a little clearer.
FL Studio 64 Bit is a free option for existing customers while new customers get FL Studio 32 and 64 Bit with no change to current FL Studio pricing. FL Studio 64 is available in a single unified FL Studio 32/64 Bit installer or as a 64 Bit update installer for any version of FL Studio 11.
FL Studio is available for purchase for $99 USD (Fruity Edition) / $199 USD (Producer Edition) / $299 USD (Signature Bundle). New Image-Line customers get a 10% discount on their order.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
Benniy C. Bascom has released Polyrhythmus, a Max for Live device for sequencing drums, melodies, CCs and parameters and/or build very complex yet mathematically logical and uncommon arpeggios for live purposes.
POLYRHYTHMUS is a rhythm sequencer, arpeggio builder, cc and parameter automator and mathematical geek.
build polyrhythmic (counterpoint, polymetric etc) patterns, use them (live) as arpeggiators and/or to sequence drums, CCs, parameters of your live etc. run sequences sinusodial, trigger one sequence with another, have 23 steps run in the same time as 5 others do, skip steps, randomize parameters and alot more. give the long video a chance.
The device is a free download (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial)
More information: Polyrhythmus
MuTools has released version 6 of its MuLab music production studio for Windows and Mac.
MuLab 6.0 features an enhanced look and feel and a rich collection of new and improved features throughout the app that all together seriously increase the creativity, comfort and productivity of MuLab.
Changes in MuLab v6.0
- Docked part editors that auto-follow the focused track.
- Direct buttons for showing/hiding the browser, mixing desk and session modular area.
- New “Export Consolidated Session” function for making a complete session folder for export to another system.
- New “Export Tracks As Audio Files” function which exports each main track as a separate audio file.
- All rendering-to-audio functions can now be interrupted by pressing ESC.
- Audio parts now give you full control over the fade-in and fade-out curves and show these curves on the audio data.
- Audio parts: When changing the gain or stereo pan in the part property panel, this is applied to all selected audio parts.
- Sequence parts: When changing the transpose or velocity in the part property panel, this is applied to all selected sequence parts.
- New “Add New MuSampla Track” function.
- New “Insert Time Slice” and “Delete Time Slice” functions.
- New “Select Similar Sequence Parts” function.
- New “Increase Tempo”, “Decrease Tempo”, “Half Tempo” and “Double Tempo” shortcut functions.
- Part Editors
- Sequence editor now has two tools: The standard arrow tool (cfr M5) and the pencil tool which makes it easier to quickly insert and delete notes with a single click.
- Sequence editor now has an event property panel for quickly changing the (selected) event values in an alternative way. With optimized undo/redo support so to avoid redundant undo/redo steps!
- New “Transpose -1″, “Transpose +1″, “Transpose -12″, “Transpose +12″ sequence shortcut functions.
- Envelope editor now has an envelope point property panel, similar to the event property panel in the sequence editor.
- Audio-, sequence- and automation editors now much more clearly indicate the active/inactive region.
- Improved Event List Editor: Better layout + events that are outside the actual play region are grayed.
- Event Graph Editor: Support for individual note keys, which is handy to select the velocities of a certain key.
- MUX Modular
- New MuSampla version 2.
- Improved MuDrum:
- Improved mix-racks.
- MuDrum sampler plug-in slots now also have an explicit On/Off button.
- MuDrum: Pad editor is switched also when playing the pads.
- MultiSampla now has 4 stereo outputs so you can route specific zones to a separate output.
- Modular Feedback Delay now has a “Invert Feedback” switch.
- Rack slots and module buttons now include a process on/off switch.
- Multi-sample editor: Zone editor now integrated as a docked sub-editor.
- Added support for note key names e.g. for when a target module defines C3 as “Kick”, D3 as “Snare” etc.
- All embedded sample displays (e.g. in MuSampla and in the multi-sample zones) are fully functional now.
- New “Focus Previous Rack” and “Focus Next Rack” shortcut functions. These functions make it possible to also use MuLab as a stage rack with a bunch of preset racks that can be selected via MIDI.
- Improved curve editing: Curve edit fields (e.g. in the Audio Balancers) now support direct editing i.e. (alt+) drag up/down to change the curve without having to open the curve editor. Opening the curve editor is done via double-click. Plus other detailed improvements wrt curve editing.
- Improved and extended browser functionality.
- Added support for saving/reloading the sample markers near the source sample file.
- Optimized audio engine which should result in less drop-outs when high CPU load on certain systems.
- Many more preferences so to tune MuLab to your flavor.
- Improved look and feel.
- Improved factory library.
- Many more improvements which all together make a big difference.
MuLab 6 UL is available for purchase for 69 EUR. The upgrade from MuLab 5 UL is 17 EUR, and MuLab XT users can upgrade for 45 EUR until August 31st (regular 59 EUR). MuLab Free can be downloaded from the MuTools website.
More information: MuTools
ufxmedia has launched uFXloops Music Studio, a music studio application that allows you to create custom music tracks through the use of samples.
We focused on an easy-to-learn, easy-to use approach, still letting you decide about how complex your music production is going to be. Just watch our introduction video to get a short overview of the uFXloops features. Everything you see there has been solely created with uFXloops, by using imported sounds edited in the uFXloops Sample editor.
But before you try, we must warn you: uFXloops could be addictive! and we must admit, this is what we intended.
- Sample Import: WAV, OGG, AIF, MP3, 11 / 22 / 44,1 / 48 KHZ, Mono/Stereo.
- Sample Editor with Click Track, Loop Flag and Audio Recorder.
- Instrument Editor for Melodic and Percussive Instruments.
- Pattern Editor for Melodic and Percussive / Drums Patterns.
- Pitch Shifters on several Layers.
- Live Tempo Shifting while Maintaining Pitch.
- Automatic Loop Point Finder with Cross Fade.
- Volume Mixer on Four Layers.
- Community Based Sound Library with fast search functions.
- Easy-To-Learn Soundboard Sequencer and Arranger.
- Projects, Parts and Recording Variants.
- Share Your Projects, Work Together on New Songs.
- Song Export to OGG.
The app is available as a free download at the Google Play Store.
More information: uFXloops Music Studio
Image-Line has announced the release of a 64-bit version of its FL Studio music production software.
FL Studio 64 Bit is a free option for existing customers while new customers get FL Studio 32 and 64 Bit with no change to current FL Studio pricing.
FL Studio 64 is available in a single unified FL Studio 32/64 Bit installer or as a 64 Bit update installer for any version of FL Studio 11.
FL Studio 64 Bit features
- Access up to 512 GB memory, depending on your Windows version.
- 32 Bit bridged and 64 Bit native VST plugin support.
- Project compatibility between 32 and 64 Bit versions.
- FL Studio available as a 64 Bit VST plugin for use in 64 Bit VST hosts.
- Limitations: The following features & plugins rely on 3rd party code that is not available in 64 Bit at this time – Buzz Adapter, Edison ‘Clean Audio’ function*, FL Slayer, Fruity Soundfont Player*, Synthmaker/Flowstone*, Wasp/Wasp XT (*Planned for a future 64 Bit update).
Find more details on the 64-bit update at this news post.
FL Studio is available for purchase in various editions, starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers can save 10% off a purchase here.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio