Sugar Bytes has announced the release of Egoist, a groove instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Egoist is a groove instrument. Load any audio file and squeeze the groove out of it! Try your mp3 library and use it a a sound source! The additional onboard bass, beat and fx units make Egoist the perfect track sketch tool in the studio and on the road.
- Slicer — The Slicer arranges up to 16 slices of the loaded sample. Apply different parameters like Reverse, Attack, Decay, Level and pitch with the sequencer. Using the 16 available patterns, up to 16 different samples can be used at any time.
- Bass & Beat — Egoist includes a great sounding bassline synthesizer/sequencer. The bassline synth offers a mean and strong sound, with different lowpass filter flavors and overdrive. The versatile sequencer is capable of notes and pitch bends of any length.The internal beat box offers kick, snare and hihat, along with a simple sequencer. If you imagine, that you can change the drum sounds with each pattern, limitations start to get you inspired!
- Effectrix inside — The Effect unit brings funky hickups to your tracks. Engage tapestop, looper, reverb or filter at any time to give your beats that otherworldly feel and create stunning breaks!
- Song Sequencer — Chain your patterns! Or create stunning breakbeats by changing patterns quickly! The internal Part/Song sequencer lets you sketch your pattern progressions and line out your next track.
- Always special — The very special Slice Keys turn Egoist into a slice keyboard! Play the sequencer steps on the keyboard, with all their settings and effects, you will not believe how cool that is!
Egoist for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is avaialble for purchase for 99 EUR / $99 USD.
More information: Sugar Bytes / Egoist
Desert Sound Studios has released version 1.2 of Mk-iii, a fully-featured modular drum machine built for Ableton Live.
The Mk-iii combines the latest music technology with classic synthesizer design. The result is a musical instrument that’s meant to be played.
The core of the Mk-iii drum revolves around two completely independant Max for Live devices, a step sequencer and a sample playback module. Though each device can be used on its own, the Mk-iii drum machine is only realized when the two devices combine into a single musical instrument.
Changes in Mk-iii v1.2
- Unused parameters no longer affect Lives undo history.
- Drum Module decay settings now load properly on startup.
- Sequencer settings now saved with Live Project (v1.1).
- Adds clear and reset functions to Sequencer (v1.1).
- Adds new MK-iii Effects device (v1.1).
Mk-iii is available for purchase for $23.99 USD. Requires Ableton Live 9 Suite / Ableton Live 8 or 9 with Max for Live Add-on.
More information: Desert Sound Studios / Mk-iii
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2014 - 0 comments
WaveDNA has released version 1.4 of its Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro, with community-requested features, improvements, and extended Ableton Live Max for Live support.
It’s been a long time! This release took its sweet time coming, but it’s packed with features and improvements.
For example, Liquid Rhythm 1.4 takes the concept of working with note clusters (a.k.a. “BeatForms”) many step further. You can now draw, paint, edit, and swap them around, directly in the Arranger. Making beats with the BeatForm Sequencer is fun, but direct Arranger-level editing is another great way to experiment and create variations.
Liquid Rhythm’s Max for Live plugin works wonders by editing clips directly in Ableton Live’s Session View. Our community wanted the power to edit Live clips with Liquid Rhythm directly in Ableton’s Arranger View as well. This update provides that capability.
Among the other improvements are: A brand new Sample Browser to incorporate your personal library of sounds into your productions, a Custom Instrument Type feature for the Max for Live patch, and an upgraded Clip Selector feature for the Ableton Live 9 Max for Live patch. More details of all the updates in version 1.4 are listed in the release notes below. Enjoy these and other fun and exciting updates to Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro.
(The majority of these updates were workflow enhancements requested by our community. Remember to email us or visit the forums to continue helping us shape Liquid Rhythm into a fun and powerful tool.)
Liquid Rhythm is available for $129 USD / $49 USD (Intro).
More information: WaveDNA
Image-Line has posted a previe video of the new vectorial mixer that will be part of the upcoming FL Studio 12 music production software.
The FL Studio 12 Alpha preview version is available to download for FL Studio owners. Note that the new mixer is not included yet.
New Image-Line customers can purchase a license of FL Studio with 10% discount.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio 12 Alpha
Sinevibes has announced the release of Flow, an animated flanger effect plug-in for Mac.
Flow is a flanger that goes far beyond traditional – instead of simple up-and-down sweeps, it employs a sophisticated envelope sequencer to modulate the sound in a rhythmical fashion. Flow has two different flanger characters with positive or negative feedback, advanced synchronisation and timing features, plus a host of automation and randomisation options. All this combined allows you to create a myriad of unique effects: from intricate “jet plane” patterns and dancing comb filtering to complex swooshes or stuttered glitches. Plus, each instance of Flow stores eight snapshots of itself that can be switched in realtime or via automation.
As always with Sinevibes products, Flow has a clean, colour-coded user interface with a near-zero learning curve. It is built entirely using Apple’s Core Animation framework – so not only it offers organic, lively animations, it also uses your Mac’s graphics processor letting the central one concentrate solely on audio processing. This makes Flow both productive and utterly joyful.
- Flanger with positive/negative feedback, adjustable time range from 0.5 to 20 ms.
- Step sequencer with up to 32 steps, variable speed, timing and shuffle.
- Flanger gate, flanger time, envelope modulation depth, and envelope shape individual per each sequencer step.
- Eight full instance snapshots, multiple utility and randomisation functions.
- Advanced transport sync algorithm with support for tempo and time signature automation.
Flow is available for purchase for $29 USD, or with a 50% discount as part of the Sinevibes complete plugin collection bundle.
More information: Sinevibes / Flow
SampleOddity has released Weird Ambient Stuff 2, a new sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt, which gives you the tools to craft dynamic ambient soundscapes and add motion to them with delays and an LFO step sequencer.
The detailed interface allows users to manipulate three sample layers, each with independent effects and envelopes, and crossfade between them with the mod wheel.
Weird Ambient Stuff 2 features
- Modular interface with three parts:
- Morpher: Browse sound sources and crossfade between three sample layers with independent FX controls.
- Tri-Delay: Add a delay to each of the sound sources chosen in the Morpher, or choose up to three new sound sources.
- Rhythmoid: 16 step LFO sequencer that adds rhythm to your soundscape.
- 50 preset patches to get you started.
- 100 sound sources.
- 206MB .rar download.
- Requires full version of Kontakt 5.
The library is available for purchase for $49 USD.
More information: SampleOddity / Weird Ambient Stuff 2
Steinberg has released version 1.8 of its Cubasis app for iPad.
Version 1.8 is the biggest update so far and includes countless fixes, improvements and new features that help you to capture your songwriting ideas while on the move.
The 1.8 update adds numerous features such as automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support alongside a mixer-side global control panel, a phase inversion plug-in for audio channels and much more, making Cubasis the go-to choice when inspiration strikes.
Plus, there’s also a new version of the Cubase project import extension available for download.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8
- MIDI CC, Program Change, Aftertouch support (sustain pedal problems solved!).
- Mixer side global control panel.
- Phase Inversion plug-in (for audio channels).
- Redesigned effect rack.
- Audiobus 2.0.
- And much more! Find the complete list of improvements and user reported problems solved at the Cubasis forum.
Cubasis for iPad is available for $49.99 USD.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis