Steinberg has released version 1.8 of its Cubasis app for iPad.
Version 1.8 is the biggest update so far and includes countless fixes, improvements and new features that help you to capture your songwriting ideas while on the move.
The 1.8 update adds numerous features such as automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support alongside a mixer-side global control panel, a phase inversion plug-in for audio channels and much more, making Cubasis the go-to choice when inspiration strikes.
Plus, there’s also a new version of the Cubase project import extension available for download.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8
- MIDI CC, Program Change, Aftertouch support (sustain pedal problems solved!).
- Mixer side global control panel.
- Phase Inversion plug-in (for audio channels).
- Redesigned effect rack.
- Audiobus 2.0.
- And much more! Find the complete list of improvements and user reported problems solved at the Cubasis forum.
Cubasis for iPad is available for $49.99 USD.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
Monoplugs has released version 1.2.3 of its B-Step Sequencer for iPad, featuring improved performance on older devices like iPad3 and iPad2.
Create awesome chord progressions (to build up a whole song) with B-Step only by a few fingertips. Where other sequencers stops B-Step goes one step beyond – With B-Step you can easily sequence your sequences (up to 16 Pattern configurable).
Changes in B-Step Sequencer for iPad
- User interface performance boost.
- Fix timing issues.
- Fix app switching breaks.
- Fix MIDI sync (as master).
- Fix MIDI playback stops if Audiobus app is running.
- Remove next bar in chain marker.
- Other small user interface changes.
- Add delete and browse functions to the file chooser.
B-Step Sequencer for iPad is available for purchase for $16.99 USD.
More information: Monoplugs
Nassen Software Development has released Qurv, a curve step sequencer plug-in for Windows.
Qurv is a curve step sequencer available as Vst-plugin.
Each step has it’s own tension, division, slope, minimum and maximum value.
Great for dynamic and timbre variation, or any other parameter that is midi-cc assignable.
Qurv for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 9 EUR.
NSD has also announced Wanderys, a phrase variator plug-in.
Simply input a series of notes.
Fiddle with directions, velocities, transposes and pedal…
And Wanderys will variate this phrase to something you never ever could play/think of!
More information: Nassen Software Development
Novation has released version 1.5 of its Launchpad App, a free and easy-to-use iPad app that will have you making beats and music instantly.
We’ve made Novation Launchpad App Even More Fun!
Launchpad App lets you make, record and share music instantly on your iPad, simply by triggering and mixing sounds on a grid.
Now version v.1.5 lets you output those songs directly into any Audiobus-compatible app!
- Add to your songs using GarageBand
- Apply external effects during live performance
- Output your beats straight to Cubasis
Changes in Launchpad App v1.5.0
- Audiobus output.
- Improved stutter FX.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
The app is available as a free download for iOS.
More information: Novation / Launchpad App
Homegrown Sounds has announced the release of Kosmology FreeFall, a free Kontakt library featuring sampled instruments from across all Kosmology and Kosmos releases.
FreeFall is a completely Free version of the powerful Kosmology Sequencing System, which uses 110 Sampled Instruments collected from current Kosmology and Kosmos products to offer a free entry point into the world of Kosmology. Kosmology provides 8 completely separate instances which can be switched in real-time via a specified set of Midi notes. Each instance uses 2 synths with independent Filters, has 7 sequencers with independent clock divides and step amounts as well as 48 assignable parameters. The workflow is enhanced by lots of useful options such as copying, pasting and randomizing and a single instance can be copied to all Instances or to a specific instance. The idea is that you set up the 8 instances and then play them as an instrument as you would with any synthesizer, they are even polyphonic.
Also introduced with Kosmology v1.2 is the new script Metropolis which dispenses with the Sequencers and Rescalers, but keeps the rest of Kosmology. This is useful for playing the Kosmology Sampled Instruments as traditional instruments and opens up a new world of creative possibilities for the Kosmology Sample sets. Like Kosmology it works with 8 instances which can be switched on the fly and so can be used to have radically different sounds or provide subtle changes such as different FX or Filter Settings. It is completely up to you, all 48 parameters can be completely different.
To celebrate the release of Kosmology FreeFall there are 25 coupons available to get 25% off any of the Kosmology or Kosmos Libraries. Enter FREEFALL25 at the checkout to apply the discount.
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Kosmology FreeFall
Bitwig has released version 1.0.8 of Bitwig Studio, a music production software for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
From sound design to music creation, discover the new standard in customized workflow. Bitwig Studio inspires you to take greater control of your productions, giving you access to every aspect of your workflow as needed. Streamline your creative process and quickly take your music from ideas to complete songs, tracks and compositions. With Bitwig Studio, you’re in command of a workflow that works best for you.
Changes in Bitwig Studio v1.0.8
- FIXED Modulated value pie was not shown correctly for some values.
- FIXED Changing the length of multiple selected notes spread over multiple clips in track note editor behaves erratic.
- FIXED Visual glitch in preview when drawing expression events over multiple audio events using pencil tool.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Added symmetry control to distortion device which controls the mix of even/odd harmonics.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Added Slope control for the decay of the E-Hat device.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Better solo behavior for return tracks.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Note pencil tool should disconnect mouse cursor during dragging to avoid limitations of movement.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Can’t drop MIDI file on existing track.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Use pixel threshold for adjusting note length and velocity using pencil tool.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Individual note-length memory per track.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Changed default install location for windows installer not to include the version number, which was causing shortcuts to the executable to stop working after upgrading.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Allow release-candidate builds to be installed in without uninstalling the normal builds on windows.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED EQ2/5 display now show modulation.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED External instrument didn’t send MIDI CC to the selected channel.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Sampler playback was missing the first 7 samples of the attack.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED MIDI drag&drop from microtonic didn’t work on windows.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Wrong default value for Step MOD (32/1).
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED metadata with sub-paths (shell plugs-ins/soundfont patches) no longer work.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED When adjusting note velocity, only audition changes when auditioning is actually enabled.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Hanging note when auditioned track changes while a key on the piano roll keyboard is pressed.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Quantize regression: quantizing a chord kills all but one note.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Crash when moving track with clips into FX section and then moving it out again.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Crash on startup of fresh install.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Random crashes when using library.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Recover the latest state of a plugin when recovering documents.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Crash when exporting empty arrangement as MIDI file.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED There’s no way to remove a bookmark from the browser.
- [1.0.8 RC1] NEW Automatically backup the state of plugins every minute when the engine is not playing.
- [1.0.8 RC1] NEW MIDI file export.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Importing type-0 MIDI files should split events into different tracks based on MIDI channels.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Importing MIDI file should consider track name metadata.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Importing MIDI file should consider tempo meta events.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Allow to adjust note length and velocity when inserting notes via double click and drag.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Allow velocity adjustment when drawing notes using pencil tool by dragging vertically.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Audition notes when clicking on them (if enabled).
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Avoid note start jumping when using note pencil tool.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Remember last note length when using pencil tool for notes.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Improved efficiency of monitoring library locations when new files are copied or deleted from library locations.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Audition notes (if enabled) when adjusting note velocity.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Change the minimum LFO rate in various devices to 0.01Hz and minimum synced rate to 32/1.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Better VST keyboard handling on windows.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Normal sustain pedal behavior.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED device controller mappings didn’t reload correctly after saving them.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Split at onset wasn’t limited to the range of the selected event (s).
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED PDC for meters & automation limited to 32768 samples.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Graphical glitch in note expressions.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when reversing very long files.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Saving a clip with a device containing a layer device in a slot would crash.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Bouncing sometimes missed notes if it was started at the exact same location as the transport last stopped.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Novation Launchpad does not work on Linux.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when saving plugin state for a plugin that is no longer in the document.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Removing a directory under a library location that started with the same name as another directory alongside it would remove indexed information for the other directory too.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Dragging note or audio event start can result in overlapping notes.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Changing velocity in piano roll editor via Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+Drag should also work when the target note is not selected yet.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Stretching audio events might result in overlapping events.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when splitting at onsets, then quantising to wider grid than event lengths, then dragging event start.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Rare crash when double-clicking on clip in clip-launcher to show its contents.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Note velocity cannot be changed by dragging not with modifier if note is not selected.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Random crash when tooltip hides on Mac OS X.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when moving clip from effect to non-empty master track.
Bitwig Studio is available for purchase for 299 EUR / $399 USD.
More information: Bitwig
Native Instruments has launched A Giant Beat for Mankind, a limited-time sales special to celebrate the 5th anniversary of Maschine.
Until May 31, MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO will each be available at a significant discount from their regular prices, both at retailers and at the NI Online Shop.
Launched in 2009, MASCHINE significantly changed computer based beat production by merging the playability and feel of hardware with the innovations and flexibility of software. In five years, MASCHINE has established itself as the premium groove production tool for producers across all genres. MASCHINE STUDIO, the latest addition to the product range, is NI’s new flagship groove production studio. It provides hardware controls for all key features in the latest MASCHINE 2 software, and these generous control options offer a particularly quick and intuitive workflow. Features include large, high-res color screens for viewing waveforms, patterns, scenes, and NI product visuals, plus a dedicated section for monitoring mixer and meter levels.
MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO are now in their second hardware generation. MASCHINE features dedicated group buttons and a master push encoder. Most software functions are accessible directly from the hardware without any button shortcuts, offering users a fast way to capture ideas. Eight display knobs automatically map to key instrument parameters for on-the-fly tweaking and sound shaping. MASCHINE MIKRO is highly compact for use anywhere. MIKRO features the same responsive pads as MASCHINE STUDIO and MASCHINE. Intelligent keypad shortcuts mean users get full software access despite its small footprint.
All three hardware versions feature the same powerful software. Among the new features in MASCHINE 2 software are sidechaining, unlimited groups, a new library, and a set of sonically-outstanding drum synths that allow producers to quickly design their own drum sounds.
Until May 31st 2014 at 24:00 (CET), Maschine Studio is available for purchase for 799 USD/EUR (regular 999 USD/EUR), Maschine is 499 USD/EUR (regular 599 USD/EUR), and the Maschine Mikro is 299 USD/EUR (regular 349 USD/EUR).
More information: Native Instruments / A Giant Beat for Mankind