Homegrown Sounds has announced Kosmology – Awakenings, an advanced groove sequencing instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The new Kosmology for Kontakt features Wave Sequencing.
Kosmology is an Advanced Performance Sequencing Tool in comparison with many other Kontakt products, it is not a sample library with a few bells and whistles, rather it’s a Music Composition tool which is bundled with a collection of sounds. Although there are a number of presets included, it is designed to be fun and to intuitively build your own complex grooves quickly.
In a nutshell you build up to 8 instances which can be switched and manipulated by a series of triggers in real-time. Each Instance contains a Pitch Sequencer, Velocity sequencer, 5 freely assignable Sequencers (from a list of 46 Destinations) and 48 Synth Parameters. Each Instance can have completely different settings and assignments, which gives an enormous amount of freedom for creating unique grooves.
The Awakenings soundset for Kosmology comes with 200 instruments, which are multi-sampled, using 4 samples per instrument at 24-bit using pure synthesis with very few effects.
Kosmology – Awakenings is available to purchase for the introductory price of $40 USD until March 18th, 2014 (regular $65 USD). Requires full version of Kontakt 5.3 or higher.
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Kosmology – Awakenings
Audio Damage has released version 1.2.0 of Tattoo, the drum & percussion synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
With twelve voices inspired by the famous X0X series of analog drum machines and an internal sequencer that is second to none, Tattoo makes an excellent addition to the arsenal for any electronic music producer.
Changes in Tattoo v1.2.0
- Fix for a graphics bug that was causing crashes when the UI was opened in Logic X and Bitwig Studio (and possibly other OS X hosts).
- DRM removed.
- Digitally signed installers.
Tattoo for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $59 USD.
More information: Audio Damage / Tattoo
Twisted Tools has released version 1.1 of ULTRALOOP, the first-of-its-kind loop remixing sampler with a fast and intuitive visual workflow for Native Instruments Reaktor.
ULTRALOOP combines advanced loop layering, comping, effect processing and automation techniques to generate new grooves, riffs and song ideas.
You can use ULTRALOOP with the included factory sample library or to remix your own samples, injecting new life into any existing loop library.
Changes in Ultraloop v1.1
- MIDI Gate and Retrigger mode for Scene playback.
- Optional color-coded tracks and sliders.
- Shuffle sequencer steps left/right.
- Sequencer area selector for custom edit zones.
- Maschine 2 preset file with knob mappings.
- Optimized CPU when switching scenes.
- Various improvements and optimizations.
Ultraloop is available to purchase for $69 USD. Additional Expansion Loop Packs are $19 USD each. The update is free for registered owners.
More information: Twisted Tools / Ultraloop
Sinevibes has announced a sale for its Multitude quad delay Audio Unit plug-in for Mac (AU).
A conventional delay constantly processes and echoes all of the audio on the input. Multitude uses gate sequencers to control sends into four individual delay lines – allowing you to activate them at precise moments in time, such as only on particular notes, chords, or hits.
Multitude is available as an Audio Unit plug-in and comes in 32/64 bit format for Intel Macs running OS X 10.6 or later.
- Four independent delay units with forward and reverse playback modes.
- Five gate sequencer tracks for dry input signal and four delay sends, eight separate sequences storable per preset.
- Eight simultaneous effect processors per delay unit: frequency shifter, sample rate and bit depth reducers, circuit bender, noise, multi-mode filter, saturation, and flanger. Effects can be placed before, after, or inside each delay’s feedback loop.
- Two separate low-frequency oscillators per delay unit, each with 16 modulation destinations, multiple waveforms, and adjustable chaos feature.
Until 15th March, the plug-in is available for a special price of $39 USD (regular $59 USD). 100% of the revenue from this sale will be donated to the victims of the democratic revolution in Ukraine, to support the recovery of wounded activists and protesters, and to support the wives and children of those who lost their lives.
More information: Sinevibes /
monoplugs has released version 1.1 of its b-step sequencer plug-in.
b-step is a bass guitar oriented multi string (or track) step sequencer vst-plugin, designed for improvisation and easy live use. You program your melodies live, in a few seconds and you can’t hit a wrong note. b-step is based around the circle of fifths – you don’t have to know anything about harmony or music theory, b-step does it for you!
Version 1.1 provides improvements in areas such as Launchpad usability, MIDI IO handling and better OS and Host support. In addition, b-step 1.1 comes with a chord editor, where you can program your own set, fixing all known problems and bugs.
Changes in b-step v1.1
- Add support for OS X 10.5 to 10.8 (Intel).
- List as instrument in Ableton Live.
- Remove support on OS X for Cubase (unsolved problems).
- Add settings editor for MIDI IO.
- Add pop up for manage MIDI learn.
- Add chord editor. You can program your own chords or use the defaults.
- Increase to max 8 repeats per bar (from 4).
- The target bar will be the selected after drag’n’drop.
- Bar-repeats, bar-offset, bar-octave will be no more copied by drag’n’drop.
- Fix timing bug – everything is absolutely sample accurate.
- Improved the complete launchpad map.
- Add external MIDI port handling to manage MIDI IO.
- MIDI learn:
- Add multiple controller assignments.
- Add support for notes as controller.
- User Interface:
- Add rotary to control all duration rotaries.
- Add rotary to control all velocity rotaries.
- Reduce UI refresh rate, feels less laggy.
- Add auto resize if the desktop area is to small.
The plug-in is available to purchase as a VST plug-in for Windows and Mac, priced at 19.99 EUR.
More information: monoplugs
Steinberg has announced the release of version 1.7.2 of its Cubasis multitouch sequencer app for the iPad.
This maintenance update solves many user-reported issues and is highly recommended for all users of Cubasis.
Changes in Cubasis v1.7.2
- Audio track playback performance has been drastically increased on all devices.
- Audio track freeze.
- Setup option to enlarge the audio recording buffer has been added.
- New latency setup option added (IO buffer size can be adjusted between 128/256/512).
- Maximum polyphony has been increased to a value of 128.
- New tracks will now be created below the selected track.
- CPU/Polyphony display has been overhauled (please refer to In-App help for more details).
- Newly created audio files appear highlighted in the MediaBay.
- A new overlay informs about imported files (replacing the previous popup).
- Separating files for tracks in mixdown now includes track names for each file.
- The touchable area of the preset selection arrows in Micrologue and Micro Sonic has been improved.
- Cycle mode is automatically activated when setting the locators to the selection by long tapping an event.
- Creating an event by double tapping in the arrange window area now automatically selects the corresponding track.
- MIDI tracks assigned to “No Instrument” now display drum pads instead of chord pads as an alternative to the keyboard.
- Several minor usability improvements.
- Fixed: CB-1308 Disabling solo states restores the states of previously muted tracks.
- Fixed: CB-1451 Fixes an issue where glitches occurred when an IAA app was connected during playback.
- Fixed: CB-1456 The loading time of Cubasis projects that contain IAA apps has been lowered.
- Fixed: CB-1459 Fixes an issue where Inter-App Audio effects were ignored when performing a mixdown.
- Fixed: CB-1455 Fixes an issue where a mixdown or freeze of certain Inter-App Audio instrument apps lead to detuned audio material.
- Fixed: CB-1448 The iOS keyboard now closes automatically when the help screen is closed.
- Fixed: CB-1463 Transferring Mod wheel commands via MIDI out now works as expected.
- Fixed: CB-1464 Fixes a rare phenomenon where the preview of audio files (e.g. a mixdown) in the MediaBay played an outdated version of the file.
- Fixed: CB-1468 Fixes a rare phenomenon where audio tracks continued to play after the playback had been stopped.
- Fixed: CB-1453 Cycle playback on slower devices no longer results in unwanted audible clicks or crackles.
- Fixed: CB-1484 Fixes a rare issue where the instrument rack fails to open fully.
- Fixed: CB-1486 Fixes a rare issue where loading of duplicated snapshot project files fails.
- Fixed: CB-1501 MIDI input for multiple tracks on the same channel now works as expected.
- Fixed: CB-1502 AudioCopy of files that are not in 44.1kHz 16-bit format now works as expected.
The Cubasis app is available to purchase for $49.99 USD. The version 1.7.2 update can now be downloaded on the Apple App Store.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
Kymatica has launched Sector, a stochastic sample slice sequencer for iPad.
Slice and sequence your loops with a network of markov-chain connections. Introduce order with the probability-based coin-flipping pattern sequencer. Bend time with warp functions for glitches and modulations. Tweak and trigger in real time performance. Get anything between rigid control and random chaos.
Sector v0.9 features
- High quality 32-bit audio engine.
- Stream audio to other apps in Audiobus or Inter-App Audio.
- Import samples and loops from AudioShare or using “Open in” from other apps.
The next update will feature MIDI clock sync and in-app recording and exporting of loops.
Sector for iPad is available to purchase for $6.99 USD.
More information: Kymatica / Sector
Soundsdivine has launched MM+, a virtual synthesizer library for Native Instruments Kontakt based on the Moog Memorymoog.
- 3 Oscillators.
- 31 Waveforms.
- 2 Filters.
- 2 Aux Envelopes.
- 1 Programmable Arpeggiator.
- 3 Monophonic Pitch Sequencers.
- 2 Additional Sequencers.
- 25 Custom Impulse Responses.
- 5 FX inc. Transient Shaper / Phaser / Delays & Reverb.
- 6.97GB (compressed) samples from the Moog MemoryMoog.
- 200+ Presets.
The sample library is available to purchase for 79 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Soundsdivine / MM+