Steinberg has released version 7.0.6 of the Elements, AI and LE editions of its Cubase digital audio workstation software.
The update focuses on visibility and workflow enhancements for MixConsole, including the ability to display channel names in two rows as well as one-click plug-in access.
The new version also includes audio stability improvements under Windows, improved UAD compatibility as well as several resolved issues in different areas.
The update is now available for download from the Steinberg website.
Steinberg has also announced the release of a trial version of Cubase Elements, the smallest retail version of its Cubase music production software.
Functionally identical with the retail version, the trial version will run for 30 days, so there’s plenty of time to record audio, try out the powerful recording, editing and mixing tools as well as the included instruments and effect plug-ins.
Try the new MixConsole with its integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules, the Chord Track for easy chord management or the VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite and experience the highly intuitive Cubase workflow relished by professionals around the globe.
No registration is required. Just download, install and enter the world of Cubase.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase
Ample Sound has released version 1.2.5 of the AGM, AGT & AGL, version 1.3.5 of AGP, and version 1.1.5 of the AGML Ample Guitar plug-ins.
Changes in Ample Guitar
- Improved guitar doubling effects, more humanized.
- Fixed the bug where the sequencer stops playing when DAW is loop playing.
- Added a function that enables the pitch wheel to control/pitch bend a designated note when multiple notes are sounding.
- Fixed a sound glitch (white noise bug) occurred in strum mode, when the chord defining notes and strumming notes are triggered simultaneously.
- Updated Ample Guitar Standalones to 1.1.0; refined Audio/MIDI settings UI; supported user-defined tempo in standalones; supported ASIO devices on Windows.
- Fixed a pitch wheel offset bug which used to happen in AGF, AGG and AGP during automation.
The updates are available to Ample Guitar customers in their MyAmpleSound accounts.
More information: Ample Sound
Arturia has announced the availability of the MicroBrute analog synthesizer.
The MicroBrute is a compact semi-modular analog monosynth with inbuilt step sequencer, MIDI, USB, and CV connectivity, and a host of unique features.
Arturia’s award-winning MiniBrute Analog Synthesizer rapidly reset the price/performance ratio benchmark when soaring through the subtractive synthesis sound barrier last year to much critical acclaim and subsequent success. Today it is joined by its equally as big- sounding little brother, the MicroBrute Analog Synthesizer.
MicroBrute is pure analog sonic powerhouse of a synth. Small in size but loaded with features, it follows in the footsteps laid by its big brother the MiniBrute.
Packed with mixable waveforms, a new sub oscillator design, the famous Steiner-Parker multimode filter, super fast envelope, syncable LFO and the new step sequencer, not to mention the patchable mod matrix the MicroBrute is a landmark new synth at an incredible price.
- Monophonic synthesizer.
- 100% Analog Audio Signal Path.
- Steiner-Parker Multimode Filter (LP, BP, HP).
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator with new Overtone Sub-Osc.
- Oscillator Mixer (Sub, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle).
- LFO with 3 waveforms and destination attenuator.
- Brute Factor™ delivering saturation and rich harmonics.
- Ultrasaw generating shimmering sawtooth waveforms.
- Metalizer bringing extreme triangle harmonics.
- Fast Envelope Generator.
- 25 note mini Keyboard.
- External Analog Audio Input (level pot on rear).
- CV Inputs: Pitch, Filter, Sub-mod, Pulse, Saw animator, metalizer, gate in..
- CV outputs: Pitch, Gate, Env, LFO.
- MIDI Inwith 5-Pin DIN connector.
- USB MIDI In/Out.
- 1/4” Audio Output and 1/8” Headphone Output.
- Free Editor Software.
- Step Sequencer:
- 8 sequences stored on power down.
- Rate control.
- Sync to MIDI clock.
- Multiple modes (via software editor).
- Tap tempo/rest insert.
MicroBrute is available to purchase for 329 EUR / $349 USD.
More information: Arturia / MicroBrute
Image-Line has released version 1.2 of FL Studio Mobile for Android and version 2.2 for iOS.
Changes in FL Studio Mobile Android v1.2
- HD graphics for 1080p and 720p devices (removes side bars).
- Sequencer timing accuracy significantly improved.
- Fixes various expansion file download and mounting errors.
- Fixes wrong sample mapping after zip instrument import.
- Minor other bug fixes and performance improvements.
Changes in FL Studio Mobile iOS v2.2
- New features:
- MIDI start/stop slave and master.
- Input gain slider in the recording window (visible with external mic connected).
- AudioCopy 2.0 support (iOS 7 compatible).
- WAV export option to write 1 file per track.
- Performance & speed:
- Major performance improvements (play more tracks without audio dropouts).
- Audio file editing is up to 5x faster.
- Reverb quality and performance improved.
- Other improvements:
- Audio recordings are placed more accurately.
- Setup latency options removed, it’s now always at minimum.
- Filenames can now contain non-latin characters.
- Inbox folder is no longer present, files are moved to the top level folder.
- .flml (drum loop) files can be opened from other apps like Mail or Safari.
- Overall stability greatly improved.
The feature-set of the Android and iOS versions will be harmonized in future updates, including the addition of the following features to the Android version:
- Audio tracks and wave editor
- Background audio (playback while the app runs in the background)
- SoundCloud upload
- In-app shop
While projects, .flm format, are compatible between Android and iOS, if audio tracks are present they are ignored. If instruments are not available the MIDI data is loaded and the a default instrument is used.
FL Studio Mobile is available to purchase for $19.55 USD (Android) / $19.99 USD (iOS HD version).
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio Mobile
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Oct 23, 2013
MOTU has released version 3.2 of MachFive, a sampler instrument for Windows and Mac.
Within minutes after you begin using MachFive 3, you’ll appreciate the years of user interface design and engineering that have gone into this 3rd-generation release.
From the configurable part list to the full-screen envelope editor, MachFive 3 has been designed to spur your creative muse while delivering state-of-the-art virtual instrument technology in a streamlined, efficient environment. After all, music, sound design, and audio production are creative endeavors that deserve a worthy partner in creativity.
Changes in MachFive v3.2
- Updated UFS soundbank libraries.
- Pro Tools AAX plug-in support for Mac and Windows (for Pro Tools 11 and above).
- Eden-based iLok protection.
- New WahWah Filter effect in MachFive’s Filter category.
- Improved memory efficiency (now uses much less RAM).
- New Verify soundbank integrity feature.
- Improved support for CAF files.
- Start/Stop position markers are now available for IRCAM granular oscillator.
- Many additional enhancements.
MOTU has also released version 8.05 of its Digital Performer audio workstation software with MIDI sequencing.
Digital Performer 8.05 is now shipping and provides many improvements, optimizations, and refinements. This update is recommended for all DP8 users.
Details on what’s new in version 8.05 can be found here.
More information: MOTU