Native Instruments has launched A Giant Beat for Mankind, a limited-time sales special to celebrate the 5th anniversary of Maschine.
Until May 31, MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO will each be available at a significant discount from their regular prices, both at retailers and at the NI Online Shop.
Launched in 2009, MASCHINE significantly changed computer based beat production by merging the playability and feel of hardware with the innovations and flexibility of software. In five years, MASCHINE has established itself as the premium groove production tool for producers across all genres. MASCHINE STUDIO, the latest addition to the product range, is NI’s new flagship groove production studio. It provides hardware controls for all key features in the latest MASCHINE 2 software, and these generous control options offer a particularly quick and intuitive workflow. Features include large, high-res color screens for viewing waveforms, patterns, scenes, and NI product visuals, plus a dedicated section for monitoring mixer and meter levels.
MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO are now in their second hardware generation. MASCHINE features dedicated group buttons and a master push encoder. Most software functions are accessible directly from the hardware without any button shortcuts, offering users a fast way to capture ideas. Eight display knobs automatically map to key instrument parameters for on-the-fly tweaking and sound shaping. MASCHINE MIKRO is highly compact for use anywhere. MIKRO features the same responsive pads as MASCHINE STUDIO and MASCHINE. Intelligent keypad shortcuts mean users get full software access despite its small footprint.
All three hardware versions feature the same powerful software. Among the new features in MASCHINE 2 software are sidechaining, unlimited groups, a new library, and a set of sonically-outstanding drum synths that allow producers to quickly design their own drum sounds.
Until May 31st 2014 at 24:00 (CET), Maschine Studio is available for purchase for 799 USD/EUR (regular 999 USD/EUR), Maschine is 499 USD/EUR (regular 599 USD/EUR), and the Maschine Mikro is 299 USD/EUR (regular 349 USD/EUR).
More information: Native Instruments / A Giant Beat for Mankind
Image-Line has announced version 1.2 of FL Studio Groove, one of the first Apps in the Microsoft Store with MIDI support.
FL Studio Groove is a Windows 8 Application for music production & performance, available from the Windows App store. Compose, arrange, edit, mix and perform professional quality music.
Changes in FL Studio Groove v1.2
- MIDI controller support (select device from Control Bar under MIDI). See NOTE below.
- Link a parameter a MIDI controller by moving it and clicking ‘Link’ located on the upper right of the interface.
- Keyboard now has Pitch Bend and ModWheel controls.
- Playlist (Automation window) is now loopable. Double tap, hold and drag along the lower time-bar.
- Tempo control has changed from a slider to a jog wheel.
- Instrument Channels can be renamed without saving.
NOTE: MIDI functions are enabled only for computers running the Windows 8.1 Update 1 on X64 CPUs (this excludes Windows RT/ARM/x86 until such time Microsoft makes the MIDI functionality available for these systems).
The app is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio Groove
Monoplugs has announced the release B-Step Sequencer for iPad, a melodic, chord based step sequencer inspired by a bass guitar.
The sequencer comes with native support for one or two Novation Launchpads. B-Step supports CoreMIDI, Virtual MIDI ports, Network MIDI and a lot of MIDI hardware devices. It also supports MIDI Learn, so you can control B-Step’s user interface with any MIDI controller you like.
B-Step can work as MIDI clock master or you can sync it to another clock master.
B-Step Sequencer for iPad features
- Native Novation Launchpad support.
- Advanced MIDI learn.
- 3 color profiles.
- Clean and simple user interface.
- Run in background.
B-Step Sequencer for iPad is available for purchase at the introductory price of $16.99 USD until May 15th, 2014.
More information: Monoplugs
Planet-H has released G-Stomper Rhythm for Android, a versatile Tool for Musicians and Beat Producers, designed to create your beats on the go.
It’s a feature packed, Step Sequencer based Drum Machine/Groovebox, a Track Grid Sequencer, 24 Drum Pads, an Effect Rack, a Master Section and a Line Mixer. Never lose a single beat again. Write it down and rock your own jam session wherever you are, and finally export it Track by Track or as Mixdown in Studio Quality up to 32bit 96kHz Stereo.
Whatever you are up to, practice your instrument, create beats for later use in the Studio, just jam and have fun, G-Stomper Rhythm has you covered. What are you waiting for, it’s free, so let’s rock!
G-Stomper Rhythm is a pure, sampler based Drum Machine, which is dedicated to beats, ideally for beginners as well as for experienced users.
The app is a free download for Android.
More information: Planet-H / G-Stomper Rhythm
eXtream Software Development has released version 3.0 of its multitrack app Audio Evolution Mobile for Android, now featuring MIDI sequencing, virtual instruments and support for USB MIDI interfaces.
In combination with the app’s support for around 250 USB audio interfaces, this app can turn your Android tablet or phone into a powerful recording studio.
With the latest release, standard MIDI files can be imported or new MIDI tracks can be created using a piano roll editor, or recorded using a USB MIDI interface/keyboard. When used in combination with a USB audio interface for low latency, even virtual instruments can be played live.
The instruments are based on SoundFonts, with a free downloadable GS/GM SoundFont as standard. Commercial royalty-free SoundFonts will be available in the near future.
Audio Evolution Mobile for Android is available to purchase for 5.49 EUR. All MIDI functionality is available through an in-app purchase, priced at 4.49 EUR.
More information: eXtream Software Development
Monoplugs has released version 1.2 of B-Step Sequencer, a melodic, chord based step sequencer, now also available as a standalone app for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The standalone version of B-Step you can sync via MIDI Clock to your DAW or MIDI hardware. Also you can run the sequencer as MIDI Clock master and sync your devices to B-Step.
In B-Step Sequencer 1.2 Monoplugs have improved the chord editor, added some new features to the sequencer and cleaned up a lot of things to make it much more usable than before.
Now you can import/export your projects, MIDI controller maps, chord sets and presets from/to file and share them between the standalone and VST version or with your friends.
Changes in B-Step Sequencer v1.2
- Stop playing notes if playback stops.
- Add Error messages if a MIDI port is not able to open (have a look in our forum to fix issues on Windows).
- MIDI learn map will not loaded correctly.
- MIDI Thru bug.
- Restore MIDI ports on reopen B-Step.
- Sequencer Settings:
- Add clock thru option in standalone.
- Add export/import project files.
- Add export/import chord presets.
- Add export/import MIDI maps.
- Add some project presets & chord presets.
- Sequencer Features:
- Add mute-chain | you can now play empty bars or mute a bar in the chain.
- Add master track octave offset rotaries.
- Add what’s the next bar in the chain marker.
- Add panic button.
- MIDI learn (new design):
- Add Feedback.
- Change the editor layout and MIDI learn handling.
- User Interface:
- Clean up settings editor.
- Clean up main interface.
- Add tree different colour setups.
- Remove step was enabled marker.
- Add bar copy support (hold down one bar button (source) and click a other bar button (target)).
- Change default MIDI channel to 1.
B-Step Sequencer is available for purchase for 19.99 EUR.
More information: Monoplugs
Native Instruments has launched version 2.1 of Maschine, the groove production studio for Windows and Mac.
The new Grit kick engine is a modern, versatile electronic kick drum – great for IDM and electro styles. The new Shaker Performer creates tweakable, natural-sounding shaker patterns automatically. And the sample recording screen now lets you sample directly to different pads.
New Kick Grit engine and Shaker Performer mode in Maschine 2.1.
Changes in Maschine v2.1
- Grit engine in Kick Drum Synth – The Grit kick is a modern, versatile electronic kick drum. Tuned loose, it’s deep, open, boomy, and airy. Tightened up, it adds punch and heft. At high tunings, it can become gritty and bitcrushed – great for IDM and electro styles.
- New shaker Performer mode in Percussion Drum Synth – Hold down a note, and the highly innovative Performer creates natural-sounding shaker patterns automatically. Tweak the feel of the groove in real time, and add fills and syncopated riffs, with adjustable swing, shuffle, and groove. Incredibly powerful for live performances.
- Sounds accessible on pads on sample recording screen.
- A batch function to set all sounds in a group to the same MIDI channel. MIDI export available on the Group and Sound levels.
- Undocked NI plug-in windows can be pinned to remain active when not in focus.
- Scenes can be selected/triggered via MIDI input when MASCHINE is running standalone.
- Mix page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE MK2 controllers has been expanded and now provides access to level and pan settings for groups and sounds.
- A setting that only turns the metronome on when the Record button is enabled.
- Real time group erase function.
- Shift functions allow fast scroll browsing.
- Play quantize option –notes played live on the pads are quantized in real time.
- Control software views from the navigate page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE STUDIO controllers.
- Instantiating the first plug-in on an empty sound updates the name of that sound to the plug-in name.
- Sound, group volume & pan knobs are only displayed on hover.
- ALT+Drag for copy-pasting single elements (patterns, scenes, plug-ins) in the Groups / Sounds lists and the plug-in chain.
- Browser performance improvements.
- Numerous bug fixes, as well as performance and stability improvements.
Maschine 2.1 is now available to download from the NI Service Center.
More information: Native Instruments / Maschine