Bitwig has released version 1.0.8 of Bitwig Studio, a music production software for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
From sound design to music creation, discover the new standard in customized workflow. Bitwig Studio inspires you to take greater control of your productions, giving you access to every aspect of your workflow as needed. Streamline your creative process and quickly take your music from ideas to complete songs, tracks and compositions. With Bitwig Studio, you’re in command of a workflow that works best for you.
Changes in Bitwig Studio v1.0.8
- FIXED Modulated value pie was not shown correctly for some values.
- FIXED Changing the length of multiple selected notes spread over multiple clips in track note editor behaves erratic.
- FIXED Visual glitch in preview when drawing expression events over multiple audio events using pencil tool.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Added symmetry control to distortion device which controls the mix of even/odd harmonics.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Added Slope control for the decay of the E-Hat device.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Better solo behavior for return tracks.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Note pencil tool should disconnect mouse cursor during dragging to avoid limitations of movement.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Can’t drop MIDI file on existing track.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Use pixel threshold for adjusting note length and velocity using pencil tool.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Individual note-length memory per track.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Changed default install location for windows installer not to include the version number, which was causing shortcuts to the executable to stop working after upgrading.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Allow release-candidate builds to be installed in without uninstalling the normal builds on windows.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED EQ2/5 display now show modulation.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED External instrument didn’t send MIDI CC to the selected channel.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Sampler playback was missing the first 7 samples of the attack.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED MIDI drag&drop from microtonic didn’t work on windows.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Wrong default value for Step MOD (32/1).
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED metadata with sub-paths (shell plugs-ins/soundfont patches) no longer work.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED When adjusting note velocity, only audition changes when auditioning is actually enabled.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Hanging note when auditioned track changes while a key on the piano roll keyboard is pressed.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Quantize regression: quantizing a chord kills all but one note.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Crash when moving track with clips into FX section and then moving it out again.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Crash on startup of fresh install.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Random crashes when using library.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Recover the latest state of a plugin when recovering documents.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Crash when exporting empty arrangement as MIDI file.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED There’s no way to remove a bookmark from the browser.
- [1.0.8 RC1] NEW Automatically backup the state of plugins every minute when the engine is not playing.
- [1.0.8 RC1] NEW MIDI file export.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Importing type-0 MIDI files should split events into different tracks based on MIDI channels.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Importing MIDI file should consider track name metadata.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Importing MIDI file should consider tempo meta events.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Allow to adjust note length and velocity when inserting notes via double click and drag.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Allow velocity adjustment when drawing notes using pencil tool by dragging vertically.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Audition notes when clicking on them (if enabled).
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Avoid note start jumping when using note pencil tool.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Remember last note length when using pencil tool for notes.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Improved efficiency of monitoring library locations when new files are copied or deleted from library locations.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Audition notes (if enabled) when adjusting note velocity.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Change the minimum LFO rate in various devices to 0.01Hz and minimum synced rate to 32/1.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Better VST keyboard handling on windows.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Normal sustain pedal behavior.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED device controller mappings didn’t reload correctly after saving them.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Split at onset wasn’t limited to the range of the selected event (s).
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED PDC for meters & automation limited to 32768 samples.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Graphical glitch in note expressions.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when reversing very long files.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Saving a clip with a device containing a layer device in a slot would crash.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Bouncing sometimes missed notes if it was started at the exact same location as the transport last stopped.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Novation Launchpad does not work on Linux.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when saving plugin state for a plugin that is no longer in the document.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Removing a directory under a library location that started with the same name as another directory alongside it would remove indexed information for the other directory too.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Dragging note or audio event start can result in overlapping notes.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Changing velocity in piano roll editor via Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+Drag should also work when the target note is not selected yet.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Stretching audio events might result in overlapping events.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when splitting at onsets, then quantising to wider grid than event lengths, then dragging event start.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Rare crash when double-clicking on clip in clip-launcher to show its contents.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Note velocity cannot be changed by dragging not with modifier if note is not selected.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Random crash when tooltip hides on Mac OS X.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when moving clip from effect to non-empty master track.
Bitwig Studio is available for purchase for 299 EUR / $399 USD.
More information: Bitwig
Native Instruments has launched A Giant Beat for Mankind, a limited-time sales special to celebrate the 5th anniversary of Maschine.
Until May 31, MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO will each be available at a significant discount from their regular prices, both at retailers and at the NI Online Shop.
Launched in 2009, MASCHINE significantly changed computer based beat production by merging the playability and feel of hardware with the innovations and flexibility of software. In five years, MASCHINE has established itself as the premium groove production tool for producers across all genres. MASCHINE STUDIO, the latest addition to the product range, is NI’s new flagship groove production studio. It provides hardware controls for all key features in the latest MASCHINE 2 software, and these generous control options offer a particularly quick and intuitive workflow. Features include large, high-res color screens for viewing waveforms, patterns, scenes, and NI product visuals, plus a dedicated section for monitoring mixer and meter levels.
MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO are now in their second hardware generation. MASCHINE features dedicated group buttons and a master push encoder. Most software functions are accessible directly from the hardware without any button shortcuts, offering users a fast way to capture ideas. Eight display knobs automatically map to key instrument parameters for on-the-fly tweaking and sound shaping. MASCHINE MIKRO is highly compact for use anywhere. MIKRO features the same responsive pads as MASCHINE STUDIO and MASCHINE. Intelligent keypad shortcuts mean users get full software access despite its small footprint.
All three hardware versions feature the same powerful software. Among the new features in MASCHINE 2 software are sidechaining, unlimited groups, a new library, and a set of sonically-outstanding drum synths that allow producers to quickly design their own drum sounds.
Until May 31st 2014 at 24:00 (CET), Maschine Studio is available for purchase for 799 USD/EUR (regular 999 USD/EUR), Maschine is 499 USD/EUR (regular 599 USD/EUR), and the Maschine Mikro is 299 USD/EUR (regular 349 USD/EUR).
More information: Native Instruments / A Giant Beat for Mankind
Image-Line has announced version 1.2 of FL Studio Groove, one of the first Apps in the Microsoft Store with MIDI support.
FL Studio Groove is a Windows 8 Application for music production & performance, available from the Windows App store. Compose, arrange, edit, mix and perform professional quality music.
Changes in FL Studio Groove v1.2
- MIDI controller support (select device from Control Bar under MIDI). See NOTE below.
- Link a parameter a MIDI controller by moving it and clicking ‘Link’ located on the upper right of the interface.
- Keyboard now has Pitch Bend and ModWheel controls.
- Playlist (Automation window) is now loopable. Double tap, hold and drag along the lower time-bar.
- Tempo control has changed from a slider to a jog wheel.
- Instrument Channels can be renamed without saving.
NOTE: MIDI functions are enabled only for computers running the Windows 8.1 Update 1 on X64 CPUs (this excludes Windows RT/ARM/x86 until such time Microsoft makes the MIDI functionality available for these systems).
The app is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio Groove
Monoplugs has announced the release B-Step Sequencer for iPad, a melodic, chord based step sequencer inspired by a bass guitar.
The sequencer comes with native support for one or two Novation Launchpads. B-Step supports CoreMIDI, Virtual MIDI ports, Network MIDI and a lot of MIDI hardware devices. It also supports MIDI Learn, so you can control B-Step’s user interface with any MIDI controller you like.
B-Step can work as MIDI clock master or you can sync it to another clock master.
B-Step Sequencer for iPad features
- Native Novation Launchpad support.
- Advanced MIDI learn.
- 3 color profiles.
- Clean and simple user interface.
- Run in background.
B-Step Sequencer for iPad is available for purchase at the introductory price of $16.99 USD until May 15th, 2014.
More information: Monoplugs
Planet-H has released G-Stomper Rhythm for Android, a versatile Tool for Musicians and Beat Producers, designed to create your beats on the go.
It’s a feature packed, Step Sequencer based Drum Machine/Groovebox, a Track Grid Sequencer, 24 Drum Pads, an Effect Rack, a Master Section and a Line Mixer. Never lose a single beat again. Write it down and rock your own jam session wherever you are, and finally export it Track by Track or as Mixdown in Studio Quality up to 32bit 96kHz Stereo.
Whatever you are up to, practice your instrument, create beats for later use in the Studio, just jam and have fun, G-Stomper Rhythm has you covered. What are you waiting for, it’s free, so let’s rock!
G-Stomper Rhythm is a pure, sampler based Drum Machine, which is dedicated to beats, ideally for beginners as well as for experienced users.
The app is a free download for Android.
More information: Planet-H / G-Stomper Rhythm
eXtream Software Development has released version 3.0 of its multitrack app Audio Evolution Mobile for Android, now featuring MIDI sequencing, virtual instruments and support for USB MIDI interfaces.
In combination with the app’s support for around 250 USB audio interfaces, this app can turn your Android tablet or phone into a powerful recording studio.
With the latest release, standard MIDI files can be imported or new MIDI tracks can be created using a piano roll editor, or recorded using a USB MIDI interface/keyboard. When used in combination with a USB audio interface for low latency, even virtual instruments can be played live.
The instruments are based on SoundFonts, with a free downloadable GS/GM SoundFont as standard. Commercial royalty-free SoundFonts will be available in the near future.
Audio Evolution Mobile for Android is available to purchase for 5.49 EUR. All MIDI functionality is available through an in-app purchase, priced at 4.49 EUR.
More information: eXtream Software Development
Monoplugs has released version 1.2 of B-Step Sequencer, a melodic, chord based step sequencer, now also available as a standalone app for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The standalone version of B-Step you can sync via MIDI Clock to your DAW or MIDI hardware. Also you can run the sequencer as MIDI Clock master and sync your devices to B-Step.
In B-Step Sequencer 1.2 Monoplugs have improved the chord editor, added some new features to the sequencer and cleaned up a lot of things to make it much more usable than before.
Now you can import/export your projects, MIDI controller maps, chord sets and presets from/to file and share them between the standalone and VST version or with your friends.
Changes in B-Step Sequencer v1.2
- Stop playing notes if playback stops.
- Add Error messages if a MIDI port is not able to open (have a look in our forum to fix issues on Windows).
- MIDI learn map will not loaded correctly.
- MIDI Thru bug.
- Restore MIDI ports on reopen B-Step.
- Sequencer Settings:
- Add clock thru option in standalone.
- Add export/import project files.
- Add export/import chord presets.
- Add export/import MIDI maps.
- Add some project presets & chord presets.
- Sequencer Features:
- Add mute-chain | you can now play empty bars or mute a bar in the chain.
- Add master track octave offset rotaries.
- Add what’s the next bar in the chain marker.
- Add panic button.
- MIDI learn (new design):
- Add Feedback.
- Change the editor layout and MIDI learn handling.
- User Interface:
- Clean up settings editor.
- Clean up main interface.
- Add tree different colour setups.
- Remove step was enabled marker.
- Add bar copy support (hold down one bar button (source) and click a other bar button (target)).
- Change default MIDI channel to 1.
B-Step Sequencer is available for purchase for 19.99 EUR.
More information: Monoplugs