monoplugs has launched b-step, a bass guitar oriented multi string (or track) step sequencer vst-plugin, designed for improvisation and easy live use.
You program your melodies live, in a few seconds and you can’t hit a wrong note. b-step is based around the circle of fifths – you don’t have to know anything about harmony or music theory, b-step does it for you!
The sequencer comes with native support for one or two Novation launchpads (without automap), also has native support for GNU/Linux! Mouse control is easy, but if you have a touchscreen using b-step is even easier!
The plug-in is available to purchase for 19.99 EUR.
More information: monoplugs
Sagan Technology has updated its Metro music creation tool for Windows and Mac.
Metro is a fast-operating, easy-to-learn high-powered sequencer for the design of professional audio projects. It stands alone as a complete and integrated MIDI, audio and video production system.
Metro is engineered with two primary design goals: stability and performance.
Changes in Metro v7.2
- Professionally redesigned UI designed for large screen monitors, via the ‘SharpGrey’ color scheme, includes custom scroll bars.
- Color scheme dependent transport time line feature.
- Color scheme dependent track colors.
- Color scheme dependent enhanced Mixer Aux feature.
- Better support for 64 bit float and 8 bit audio formats.
- System for users to create color schemes directly from a .msty file, .jpgs and .pngs. Newly designed color schemes submitted to us and accepted for general use will be rewarded. For more info, email “info at sagantech.biz”.
- View mixer channel inputs by simply hovering over mixer channel.
- Support for VST’s effString2Parameter. This allows users to enter parameters textually for (supporting) plug-ins with no UI.
- Better keyboard support for VST plug-ins.
- Last color scheme selection is automatically remembered.
- Highlight color saved with color scheme.
- Non-rotary entry of pan knobs (set as default).
- Help tags for Mixer window.
- MP3 preferences for writing ID3 tags in MP3 preferences tab. Tag fields include current year, artist, album and option for use song name as title.
- ‘Copy Markers as Chapter Text’ in Markers window option menu now works under Windows OS.
- Two new graphic editor quantize modes. “Absolute With Selection” works like absolute but also quantizes the selection. “To Vertical Grids” quantizes the selection to between the currently visible vertical grids only and is thus affected by the zoom level. Selections can also be quantized (in other modes) by clicking in a pane of the graphic editor and while holding the mouse move into the track title bar.
- More vertical zoom levels allowed.
- New continuous data “line” tool in Sharpgrey color scheme only. The line tool is available in other schemes by selecting pencil and holding the control key.
- Dragging simple MIDI files from plug-ins no longer stops playback.
- Remote control allows remapping of pitch bend events to an entirely different range. Set out range to -3276 to 3276 for NI Monark to bend in a 2 step range.
- Better OS X Mavericks and Windows 8 support.
- Column header selection in the tracks window by right clicking the column header.
- The limit in Metro LX has been increased to support 28 effect plug-ins or 7 synthesizer plug-ins.
- Many fixes, check the release notes for details.
Metro for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $299.99 USD ($99.99 USD for LX / $34.99 USD for SE). The upgrade price for any version of Metro 6 is $34.99 USD. This update is free for Metro 7 users.
More information: Sagan Technology
MuTools has announced version 5.3 of its MuLab music production system and MUX Vst flexible modular synth and effect plug-in.
The MuLab sound and music production system transforms a computer into an inspiring modular studio.
Changes in MuLab / MUX Vst v5.3
- Improved support for multi-track audio recording.
- Automation parts can now also do MIDI controllers, Aftertouch and Pitch Bend.
- Support for looped automation parts.
- Easier handling of automation & modulation envelopes.
- REX file support.
- Improved Auto Scroll behavior.
- New sequence function: Quantize Notes 50%.
- Mixdown dialog: Added a button to quickly set the From-To to the composition loop.
- New “Modular Feedback Delay” module which can have any module in the feedback path, even a MUX, even a VST, even any combi of those.
- New “TF Lowpass Filter” module.
- Wobble Modulator: New “Curve” and “Alternating Offset” controls resulting in more control over the resulting wobble.
- Modular editor now supports lasso select to move, copy and delete multiple modules at once.
- Improved editing of oscillator super layers.
- Samples: Added a “Create New Sample From Selection” function.
- Further enhanced VST compatibility.
- Floating Window Bar gives more control over the floating windows.
- Preferences can now be edited in a user friendly way from within the app. See MULAB menu -> Edit Preferences.
- Almost 50 other little improvements in looks & functionality.
MuLab is available to purchase for 29 EUR (XL) / 69 EUR (UL), MUX Vst is 49 EUR (UL).
More information: Mutools
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in promo
on Dec 31, 2013
Plugin Boutique has launched a sale for the Sonar X3 music production software for Windows by Cakewalk.
Create music in any style with cutting-edge instruments, effects, and creative tools. Thanks to the award-winning Skylight user interface, SONAR X3 lets you move seamlessly in your production workspace, instantly going from recording to editing to mixing and back again.
Produce flawless tracks with the 64-Bit Double Precision audio engine and upload polished mixes directly to YouTube and SoundCloud. Plus, SONAR X3 lets you do it all without limiting the number of tracks and plugins; all while supporting the latest technologies like VST3, multi-touch, and Gobbler cloud save.
Cakewalk Sonar X3 is available at a 50% discount at Plugin Boutique on December 31st, 2013.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Sonar X3
A first beta of the Renoise 3 tracker-based digital audio workstation for Windows, Mac, and Linux has been released.
We are happy to announce that the first beta of Renoise 3.0 has arrived! The download is available for all users with a Renoise 3.0 license from our backstage.
New in Renoise 3
- Supercharged instruments with per-sample modulation, effects and more.
- New real-time performance options.
- Instrument phrases.
- New DSP effects and pattern commands.
- Reworked GUI.
- More details in the release notes.
Renoise is available to purchase for 58 EUR (excl. VAT) until the release of Renoise 3, after which the price will go up to 65 EUR. Renoise 3 beta builds are available for registered users in the Renoise Backstage.
More information: Renoise
FL Studio has announced version 2.3 of FL Studio Mobile for iOS, which now includes MiniSynth, a real-time synthesizer ready to be used in your FL Mobile projects.
Changes in FL Studio Mobile v2.3
- MiniSynth (including 70 presets).
- Modulation via accelerometer (new option in the keyboard setup).
- Transfer button in the in-app shop for emailing your purchases to another device.
- Bug fixes (report bugs and we will fix them).
The update is free to FL Studio Mobile users. Android will be updated with MiniSynth sometime earlier in 2014. A MiniSynth FL Studio plugin is also in development so MiniSynth FL Mobile projects can be transferred to FL Studio.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio Mobile
Elektron has launched OS version 1.1 for the Analog Four, and the first OS for the new Analog Keys synthesizer.
Analog Four was recently voted Hardware of the Year by the readers of Future Music, and now Swedish instrument maker Elektron is releasing a powerful new OS, making the analog tabletop synthesizer even better.
Analog Four OS 1.1 introduces polyphony, resonance boost, and MIDI multi map. Oh yeah, it also unlocks the pre-installed +Drive of all units.
Changes in Analog Four OS 1.1
- Polyphony – Fully customizable voice allocation. With the upgrade, the Analog Four can be used as a polyphonic four voice synthesizer, as four separate monophonic synthesizers, in four note unison with user defined pitch spread between the voices, or anything in between. Get ready for lush chords, huge mono sounds and multitimbral magic!
- Resonance Boost – The resonance boost turns the Analog Four into a screaming beast. The feature is especially useful for creating deep kicks and powerful bass sounds. The resonance boost provides the sound palette with new colors.
- +Drive – The +Drive non-volatile memory increases the amount of storage space by two orders of magnitude. Thanks to the +Drive, Analog Four users can now enjoy working with up to 128 projects. Each project contains up to 128 patterns, 128 kits, 16 songs, 4 globals, and 128 sound pool Sounds. The machine you know and love just got multiplied by a factor of 128. Furthermore, every project has access to the +Drive Sound library, capable of storing 4096 Sounds. The Sounds are taggable for ease of use and identification. After activating the +Drive, 512 factory preset Sounds are instantly available.
- Multi Map Edit – Lets you freely assign functionality to any of the keys on an external MIDI keyboard controlling the Analog Four. Multi map allows custom mapped sounds, pattern trigging and trigging of external MIDI units. Also, full analog drum kits, bass lines, and lead sounds can be played simultaneously. Record multi map trigs with the sequencer.
The firmware update is now available to download from Elektron.
More information: Elektron
Apple has released version 10.0.5 of its Logic Pro X digital audio workstation software for Mac.
Keep the creativity flowing with advanced new tools and an intuitive interface that makes them easily accessible whenever you need them. And enjoy the full set of powerful features Logic Pro users already love, now made even better.
Changes in Logic Pro X v10.0.5
- Adds 3 new Drummers and 11 new Drum Kit Designer patches.
- Significant enhancements to Channel EQ and Linear Phase EQ plug-ins including redesigned interfaces that are also accessible within the Smart Controls area.
- Solo now works as expected on channel strips using an External I/O plug-in.
- Volume and pan automation is now included in XML interchange with Final Cut Pro X.
- Loops that belong to the same family can be selected and changed using a new control in the region header.
- The waveform size in an audio region now adapts to the value of the region Gain parameter.
- The Link mode button is now available for the Piano Roll editor.
- Includes stability improvements.
Logic Pro X for Mac is available to purchase for $199.99 USD.
More information: Apple / Logic Pro X