Related: audio interface
, Denon DJ
Posted in news
on Jan 26, 2015 - 0 comments
Denon DJ has announced the MC4000, a new Serato MIDI controller.
The all-new MC4000 is a 2-deck Serato MIDI controller for the professional DJ, wrapping in- demand audio manipulation tools in a robust steel chassis. In addition to precision touch-activated jog wheels, performers get access to dedicated hot cue and sample pads for on-the-fly creativity.
Long-throw 100mm pitch faders and an intuitive control layout deliver natural operation when balancing complex set elements. Known for their emphasis on sound quality, Denon DJ includes a premium 24-bit audio output path for noticeably clearer mixes.
Denon DJ’s highly regarded dual microphone inputs are complemented by a studio-grade echo effect, and “ducking” feature—effortlessly moving vocals to the top of the mix without riding faders. The MC4000 includes Serato DJ Intro and will be compatible with Traktor 2, and Virtual DJ 8.
- Premium 2-Deck controller for Serato.
- Includes Serato DJ Intro; user-upgradeable to Serato DJ.
- Touch-activated jog wheels for accurate scratching and track cueing.
- Dedicated hot-cue and sample trigger pads with illuminated feedback.
- Long-throw, 100mm pitch faders.
- All-new control layout for effortless, intuitive use.
- Dedicated EQ and FX controls on each channel.
- (2) balanced mic inputs with 2-band EQ, Ducking, and Echo effect.
- Compatible with Traktor 2 (via .tsi files) and Virtual DJ 8.
- RCA Aux input for external device mixing.
- Balanced Main and Booth Outputs.
- Pro-grade steel construction.
The MC4000 will be available in Q2 with an MSRP of £299.99 GBP.
Denon has also introduced the DS1, a breakthrough interface for users of Serato NoiseMap – the system used to control a Serato-based digital music library using a turntable or compact disc player.
The DS1 is plug and play with Serato DJ, extending Denon DJ’s hallmark audio quality and reliability to club DJs and turntablists who prefer the feel of vinyl, but desire the flexibility a digital music library provides.
At the core of the all-new DS1 is a bi-directional audio interface with two sets of RCA stereo inputs for turntables or professional CD players. As users manipulate the vinyl or CD NoiseMap signal, Serato DJ software mirrors the control signal—controlling digital tracks on-screen in real-time for beatmatching, cueing, scratching, and track juggling.
Playback audio is distributed by the DS1 to a mixer or loudspeaker system in studio-grade 24-bit quality via two sets of RCA stereo outputs.
- Premium Digital Vinyl System (DVS) interface for Serato DJ.
- Interfaces turntables and CD players using Serato NoiseMap with a Serato DJ-based digital music library.
- Plug and play with Serato DJ—no purchase necessary.
- (2) sets of stereo RCA inputs and outputs for left and right decks.
- Studio-grade 24-bit digital to analog conversion.
- Supports 44.1kHz, 48kHz, and 96kHz sampling rates.
- Dedicated grounding post for use with turntables.
- Single USB cable connection to a computer for power and audio.
- Includes (2) Serato NoiseMap control tone vinyl records and CDs.
- Includes USB and stereo RCA cables.
- Rugged, all-metal construction; carrying case included.
The DS1 will be available in Q2 with an MSRP of £229.99 GBP.
More information: Denon DJ
Rane has introduced the MP2015 rotary DJ mixer, a no-compromise music-mixing performance instrument.
Control, sound, reliability and durability distinguish Rane’s new techno house club mixer for high-end audio systems.
Born from a legacy of rotary club mixers beginning in 1971 with Rudy Bozak’s CMA-10-2DL, on to 1982 and UREI’s 1620, then in 1999 Rane’s MP2016/XP2016 combo, and now in 2015, the MP2015 represents the next revival and evolution.
With over 40 years of rotary mixer experience to draw on, along with collaboration and input from the world’s best techno house DJs, the MP2015 is the best mixer produced by Rane—ever. There are no compromises in the design. It has the best sound, the best features, the best feel, and the best reliability and durability.
Rane has also introduced the TTM57mkII for Serato DJ, a plug-and-play 2-deck turntablist mixer with two USB ports and software controls.
When introduced in 2006 the TTM57SL broke ground as the first ever DJ mixer with built-in USB sound card and tightly integrated Serato software controls. When discontinued in 2013, the TTM57SL had developed a cult-like following.
The TTM57mkII stays true to its original design by supporting familiar workflow while improving performance and software integration. Updated software controls include silicone RGB backlit pads for triggering 4 cue points per deck or the SP-6 sampler. Classic joystick controls toggle slip, instant doubles, internal mode, censor, and transform. Dedicated auto-loop & loop roll controls with back-lit buttons. Intuitive Serato DJ iZotope FX controls for easy & quick access.
The mixer features Rane’s exclusive dual USB port architecture for intuitive DJ change over and supports creative dual computer applications. The TTM57mkII is a classic reborn.
More information: Rane Corporation
Serato has released version 1.7.2 of its Serato DJ professional DJ software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ delivers all the features and performance to meet the demands of DJs at the top of their game and sets the new standard for controller DJs. Our best feature set for all-in-one controllers.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.7.2
- Support for OS X Yosemite — Now with official support for OS X Yosemite.
- MIDI Output Lighting — Map various features to your secondary MIDI controller and have the LED’s illuminate in response to your actions. Create custom mappings that are highly visible in the club.
- Sticker Lock — Keep your routines tight with Sticker Lock. A new feature based on a Scratch Live feature that allows you to place a sticker on your control vinyl that will line up exactly when your track starts or cue points everytime. Combine this feature with drop to cue and instant doubles for more control without having to look at the screen.
- Instant start for motorised platters — Instant Start feature added for all controllers with motorised platters. To enable, turn your controllers start time knob to the zero position.
- Support for Remote 1.2 — Serato Remote 1.2 introduces PLAY, SYNC, QUANTIZE and CUE POINT NAME DISPLAY features to all Serato DJ users. Along with some quality and stability improvements. Play & pause tracks, activities sync and toggle quantize directly from Serato Remote without having to touch your laptop or controller. Know exactly what cue you’re triggering with Cue point names and colors inherited directly from Serato DJ.
- Various maintenance and bug fixes, details here.
Serato DJ is available for purchase for $129 USD.
More information: Serato / Serato DJ
Serato has announced the release of version 1.7 of its Serato DJ software.
Serato DJ 1.7 includes Serato Flip and Serato DVS Expansion Packs, new hardware and Official Serato Accessory support, library optimization, the introduction of some of the classic Scratch Live features including; MIDI Panel, Chronological Cue Points, AM Mode, Rearrange Cues, and changes such as smaller Quantize values and more.
All of this is alongside a large dose of maintenance and a huge number of bug fixes for continued stability and performance.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.7
- Serato Flip Expansion Pack
- A new Expansion Pack for Serato DJ that allows you to create custom edits, extend and reimagine your music. This is possible by recording your cue point and censor actions / automation, which can be saved and looped, ready to re-trigger and start an instant.
- Use Serato Flip to create and save up to 6 Flips per track, ready for playback in the studio or the club.
- Serato Flip can be purchased/activated in-app within the Serato DJ ‘My Serato’ window or from the Serato Online Store for USD29.
- Serato DVS Expansion Pack
- A new Expansion Pack for Serato DJ that allows users with compatible/supported hardware to expand their setup and connect Turntable or CDJs to their controller setup. Supported hardware includes; Denon DJ MC6000MK2, Numark N4 and Pioneer DDJ-SX2. With more to come.
- Serato DVS Expansion Pack can be purchased and activated in-app within the Serato DJ ‘My Serato’ window or from the Serato Online Store for USD99.
- New Hardware and Official Serato Accessory Support — Support for the Pioneer DDJ-SX2, Numark NV, Pioneer DDJ-WeGO3, Akai Pro AFX and Reloop Neon.
- Library Optimization — Serato DJ now handles significantly larger music libraries. With Serato DJ 1.7 you can load up to 5x the size of your Scratch Live library. A huge improvement for DJs with very large music collections.
- MIDI Panel — A new MIDI Panel inside Serato DJ that allows you to MIDI map additional software features such as Library Scroll, Loop Rolls, Instant Doubles, Loop Shift, a dedicated combo HP / LP filter for each channel + much more.
- Other New Features
- AM Mode – Hide the artist and track information displayed in the Virtual Deck area.
- Chronological Cue Points – A highly popular Scratch Live feature, now available in Serato DJ.
- Rearrange Cues.
- Smaller Quantize Values.
- And much more.
- Maintenance and Bug Fixes — Serato DJ 1.7 also includes a large amount of maintenance and huge number of bug fixes.
Serato DJ for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $129 USD. The Flip Expansion Pack and DVS Expansion Pack are available as an in-app purchases for $29 USD and $99 USD respectively.
More information: Serato
Akai Professional has announced the AFX and AMX, two new controllers for Serato DJ.
Over a USB connection, AFX and AMX each add extensive hands-on controls to a variety of DJ setups ranging from Serato NoiseMap Control Vinyl (DVS), minimalist controllers, HID-capable CD transports, and more.
AFX, a controller for both modern electronic dance music artists and turntablists, features an intuitive array of knobs, pads and buttons for advanced track manipulation. Ten pad modes enable DJs to trigger samples, set and launch hot-cues, slice songs, and assemble loops on the fly from 8 velocity-sensitive, backlit pads. Touch-activated FX knobs provide sound sculpting prowess with a creative twist – a Touch mode allows the knobs to respond with a turn, a tap, or both. An endless controller with LED readout delivers needle-drop access to any point in the track for efficient workflow.
AFX is the first Official Serato Accessory to include exclusive controls for Serato’s newly minted Serato Flip Expansion Pack. Serato Flip allows users to record their Cue Point and Censor actions, which can be saved and looped, ready to re-trigger and start in an instant. Serato Flip lets users create and save up to 6 “Flips” per track, ready for playback in the studio or club. Voucher codes for the Serato Flip Expansion Pack and the popular Back Pack FX Expansion Pack are included with every AFX.
AMX is a plug and play mixing control surface with inputs for Serato NoiseMap control signals. AMX unlocks the full-version of Serato DJ, and features a 24-bit, 96 kHz audio interface for sending the mix to a speaker system. With gain, EQ, Filter knobs, two line faders, and a mini innoFADER crossfader, AMX is the ideal central hub for a Serato DJ setup utilizing turntables or CD controllers with Serato NoiseMap (DVS). Further, AMX is the first interface to take advantage of Serato’s newly announced DVS Expansion Pack. Each EQ and Filter knob is touch-activated for generating all-new sonic expressions. Transport and library navigation controls complete the mouse-less experience that combines the power and flexibility of Serato DJ with the hands-on hardware experience DJs demand.
“Producers and DJs exist in worlds that have been colliding at a rapid rate. Today’s leading artists want to manipulate music in real-time with the level of control Akai Professional has made famous in the studio, ” noted Dan Gill, Akai Professional Product Manager. “AMX and AFX let DJs of all walks expand their control set and take advantage of every ounce of performance power Serato DJ offers.”
- Expands audio command control of Serato DJ; FX, loops, cue points and more.
- Serato Flip-capable -create custom edits, extend your music or re-imagine it altogether in the studio or club.
- Includes Serato Flip and Back Pack FX Expansion Packs, a $49 value.
- 4 decks of control over a single USB connection.
- 9 touch-activated knobs for effects tweaking and EQ kills.
- 8 velocity-sensitive, backlit pads with RGB feedback.
- 10 pad modes for triggering hot cues, loops and slices.
- Powered by a single USB connection.
- Mixing surface with 24-bit/96 kHz audio interface for Serato DJ.
- Plug and play with Serato DJ (included) – no upgrade purchase required.
- 2 sets of phono/line inputs for Serato DJ timecode signals such as DVS & HID (DVS Expansion Pack sold separately).
- 9 touch-activated knobs for cutting-edge EQ kills and Filter sweeps.
- Pro-grade, adjustable mini innoFADER crossfader.
- Powered by a single USB connection.
The AFX and AMX will be on display at DJ Expo, Booth 416, August 12-14th in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The controllers will be available for purchase this fall priced at $199.99 USD/£139.99 GBP/179.99 EUR for the AFX and $249.99 USD/£179.99 GBP/229.99 EUR for the AMX.
More information: Akai Professional
More posts that match this tag
Serato has introduced Serato Flip, a new Expansion Pack for Serato DJ that allows you to create custom edits, extend and re-imagine your music. Available this September with Serato DJ 1.7 – Flip allows you … read more
Numark has announced NV, an intelligent controller for Serato DJ. Featuring high-resolution color screens that provide extensive visualization of Serato’s flagship DJ platform and advanced interactive controls, NV opens all-new doors for the modern performing … read more
Serato has announced version 1.6 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac. The latest update for Serato DJ includes Rane Hardware support, Pitch ‘N Time DJ Expansion Pack, Quantize, Nameable Cue Points, … read more
Serato has announce the release of Serato Remote Mini, its first official App for iPhone and iPod touch. The Serato Remote Mini is a special version of the Serato Remote, designed specifically for use with … read more
Numark has announced the availability of the NS7 II, a dramatically enhanced and updated version of the industry’s most advanced and best-selling 4-channel motorised DJ controller/mixer. Numark has set a breathtaking pace for digital DJ’ing … read more
Outbound link: Numark
/ NS7 II
– Related: Akai Professional
Posted in news
on Nov 21, 2013 - 0 comments
Serato has released version 1.5.2 of its Serato DJ software. This latest update for Serato DJ includes brand new FX powered by iZotope for Serato’s new FX Expansion Packs. Scrollable FX drop-down menus, support for … read more
Stagecraft Software has launched Scratch Track, a virtual turntable instrument for Windows and Mac. Add a turntable to your DAW with this simple plugin. Supports almost every type of timecoded vinyl on the market (serato, … read more
Outbound link: Stagecraft
/ Scratch Track
– Related: DJ
, Ms Pinky
Posted in news
on Nov 14, 2013 - 0 comments
Serato has announced Serato Glass, a new series of 10″ control vinyl. The new Serato Glass 10″ Control Vinyl comes in four colors. See what we see through our windows for the very first clear … read more
Serato has released version 1.5 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac. Serato DJ 1.5 is now available to download on serato.com. This release supports a range of brand new hardware from … read more
Serato has announced the release of the Dan Tippett artist series control vinyl, a 2×12″ picture disc set with Serato’s re-mastered NoiseMap Control Tone. Brand new to the Serato Artist Series Pressings comes this New … read more
Serato has announced version 1.3 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac. Serato DJ is our best feature set for all-in-one controllers. It delivers performance to meet the demands of DJs at … read more
Outbound link: Serato
/ Serato DJ
– Related: controller
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Aug 20, 2013 - 0 comments
Serato has announced its Summer Sale, offering 50% off selected products for a limited time. For one week we’re cutting the swing tags and giving you 50% off apparel and accessories on the Serato Online … read more
Serato has announced the release of Serato Remote, an iPad app designed to compliment an existing Scratch Live or Serato DJ setup. Serato’s first official App for iPad® lets you see and perform all your … read more
Following the unveiling of all-new DJ innovations at Musikmesse 2013 in Germany—including the new Mixtrack Quad and Mixtrack Edge controllers—Numark has announced that Serato DJ is now compatible with the Numark NS7, NS7FX, Mixdeck and … read more
Serato has announced the release of Scratch Live 2.4.4, the latest free software update for Serato Scratch Live DJs. With this release we have focused primarily on fixing bugs and improving stability. In particular issues … read more