, Ms Pinky
Posted in news
on Nov 14, 2013 - 0 comments
Stagecraft Software has launched Scratch Track, a virtual turntable instrument for Windows and Mac.
Add a turntable to your DAW with this simple plugin.
Supports almost every type of timecoded vinyl on the market (serato, traktor, MK2, torq, ms pinky), let’s you scratch tracks, samples, and even live input.
Has an adjustable crossfader curve for precision scratching, low latency, and cue points for playing samples in rapid fire. There is nothing else like it out there!
The Scratch Track for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for $20 USD.
More information: Stagecraft / Scratch Track
Serato has announced Serato Glass, a new series of 10″ control vinyl.
The new Serato Glass 10″ Control Vinyl comes in four colors.
See what we see through our windows for the very first clear 10” Serato Control Vinyl series. There are four different pieces in the series including an icy clear piece, a see through green, a red-eyed number and a stained purple joint.
Pressed with CV02.5 for the tightest tracking around, these are a one-off pressing and available now on the Serato Online Store.
The Serato Glass costs $39 USD.
More information: Serato / Glass Control Vinyl
Serato has released version 1.5 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ 1.5 is now available to download on serato.com.
This release supports a range of brand new hardware from industry leaders Pioneer and Rane, that work plug-and-play with Serato DJ, which now inherits our world class NoiseMap™ DVS technology.
As well as this, Serato DJ 1.5 also brings support for new controllers and existing Pioneer CDJ hardware.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.5
- Added Serato DJ Hardware Support
- Rane Sixty-Four
- Pioneer DJM-900SRT
- Pioneer DDJ-SR
- Numark NS7 II
- Added Serato DJ Accessory Support
- Pioneer DDJ-SP1
- Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus
- Pioneer CDJ-2000
- Novation Dicer
- New Software Features
- For Vinyl & CDJs
- Serato NoiseMap™ Digital Vinyl System Added.
- Absolute, Relative and Internal modes added.
- CD/Vinyl Mode Setup tab including Vinyl Control, Vinyl Start Offset and Needle Dropping Options.
- Calibration Scope Views for CD/Vinyl calibration.
- Deck Setup configuration area for Pioneer DJM-900SRT.
- Temp Cue functionality in DVS mode sets cue when platter is stopped and jumps to cue when playing.
- Emergency Internal Mode; When you reach the end of the record using either REL or ABS modes, Serato DJ automatically switches to INT mode.
- Safety Internal Mode; Control + Click the INT Mode button to switch to Safety Internal mode which will reset the tempo to zero, enable forward playback and disable sync.
- USB insert allows you to use the DJ-FX as post fader effects for the Rane Sixty-Four.
- For both Vinyl & CDJs and DJ Controllers
- Virtual deck headers have been standardized across Horizontal and Vertical display modes in both 2 Deck and 4 Deck modes.
- Introduced scrollable cue and loop containers.
- Sync Off and Snap to Beatgrid for Simple Sync options.
- Played Track Color blue/grey options.
- The cue point trigger button and cue point color button on the GUI have been merged. Control + Click the cue point trigger button to modify the cue point color. The cue point numbers have also been removed.
- Audio buffer size in DJ matches the value set in the ASIO control panel (for ASIO devices only).
- Bug Fixes
- Removed monitor (ch1/ch2) crossfader start on Numark NS7.
- Fixed touch strip on Numark NS7 so it can swipe to the first beat.
- Fixed fader start initialization problem on Numark NS7.
- Fixed initilization on Vestax VCI-380.
- Cleaned up vinyl button functions on Vestax VCI-400.
- Fix Twitch Channel/Master Level LED.
- Fixed stored loops lighting on Novation TWITCH.
- Fix Vestax VCI-300 LED’s so they show channel level with PFL is enabled.
- Other Changes
- Mapped Loop Shift L/R to Shift Switch on Numark Mixdeck.
- Added Loop Roll to the Numark NS6 & Numark NS7.
- Mapped Pitch Range on the Vestax VCI-400.
- Added Shift + Back button on the Numark MixDeck to do Library Navigation Forward.
Serato DJ is available to purchase for $129 USD. The version 1.5 update is now available to download.
More information: Serato
Serato has announced the release of the Dan Tippett artist series control vinyl, a 2×12″ picture disc set with Serato’s re-mastered NoiseMap Control Tone.
Brand new to the Serato Artist Series Pressings comes this New Zealand inspired double set by local Auckland artist, Dan Tippett.
Dan conceived this piece to create the feeling of our land, Aotearoa, to tell the story of Serato and where we are from. A mythical postcard from our home. This is extremely limited and available on the Serato Online Store and selected retailers.
And here’s the best bit… one set will have a gold rim. The lucky person to find this gold rim set will win a trip to visit Serato HQ in New Zealand, meet Steve and AJ (the inventors), hang out with the team and come to our 15th birthday party!
The Dan Tippett control vinyl costs 69 USD.
More information: Serato / Dan Tippett Control Vinyl
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Aug 20, 2013 - 0 comments
Serato has announced version 1.3 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ is our best feature set for all-in-one controllers. It delivers performance to meet the demands of DJs at the top of their game and sets a new standard for controller DJs.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.3
- Serato DJ FX Expansion Packs containing new FX powered by iZotope: The Wolf Pack, available as a free download, and the Back Pack, available to purchase for USD19.
The Wolf Pack contains Epic Verb, Bit Crush, Tremolo, Repeater, Braker and Brake Echo, and the Back Pack contains Tape Echo, Looper, Time Stretch, Spiral Echo and Envelope Filter. Both packs contain a large number of Multi FX presets.
- Favorite FX allows you to customize the effects select drop down menus that appear in Serato DJ, showing the FX you choose as your favorites.
- Slip Mode for all supported Serato DJ controllers. When Slip Mode is activated you can manipulate the audio as normal (e.g scratching, Looping, triggering Cue Points etc), however once you have finished, the playback position is returned to where it would be if you had not manipulated the audio. Slip Mode can also be MIDI mapped to a secondary MIDI controller if your hardware doesn’t have a dedicated Slip Mode button.
- Novation TWITCH, Vestax VCI-300 & VFX-1 Support.
- Numark NS7 MKII Support.
- Fixed Tap tempo lighting on Pioneer DDJ-SX.
- Fixed the crossfader curve options being swapped in the Setup screen.
- Changed vinyl button lighting on Vestax VCI-400 to make it more clear that you are in slip mode.
- Numark MixDeck and MixDeck Express now show correct BPM when a deck is in Sync.
- Fixed Play from First Cue Point Setup screen option stability.
- Fixed platter scratching on NS7 with motor off and track paused.
- Fixed needle-search on VCI-380.
- Fixed a bug where Play from First Cue Point option was broken if track configured with first cue point.
- Fixed Beatgrid Slip not working with motor off on NS7
- Start/Stop time on NS7 is now remembered in software with motor off.
- Fixed Slip/Shift mode platter interaction.
- Fixed a bug where Shift + Beatgrid Adjust sometimes moved playhead when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed deck showing incorrect pitch sometimes after switching layers
- MIDI mapping of the Autoloop range shift buttons (< and >) unfortunately has been broken and users will need to remap them.
The Serato DJ v1.3 update is now available to download.
More information: Serato / Serato DJ
Serato has announced its Summer Sale, offering 50% off selected products for a limited time.
For one week we’re cutting the swing tags and giving you 50% off apparel and accessories on the Serato Online Store. All tees, caps, iPhone/iPad cases, Gelaskins, Slipmats, Sticker Packs & Serato USB Sticks.
Free shipping in the US for orders over $100. Head to the Serato Online Store & cheer yourself up :)
More information: Serato
Serato has announced the release of Serato Remote, an iPad app designed to compliment an existing Scratch Live or Serato DJ setup.
Serato’s first official App for iPad® lets you see and perform all your favorite Scratch Live and Serato DJ functions without needing to touch your laptop. Control Cue Points, Loops and Samples. Load tracks and manipulate FX in ways that weren’t previously possible.
Serato Remote features
- Plug & Play with easy set up.
- Big easy to hit buttons that are quick to locate on the fly.
- Control Cue Points, Samples and FX.
- Toggle between Auto Loop, Loop Rolls and Manual Loops.
- Perform super fast Instant Doubles.
- New Roll Mode combines Loop Rolls with FX.
- Set favorite FX for instant access.
- Cue Point and Overview colours inherited from the Serato laptop software.
- Virtual Decks and Track Overviews mirror key information from your laptop.
- Scroll your library, load to decks and Sample slots.
- Control of your Scratch Live or Serato DJ Sample Player.
- Quickly manipulate FX with QFX.
Serato Remote for iPad is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Serato / Serato Remote