, multi fx
Posted in news
on Aug 20, 2013
Serato has announced version 1.3 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ is our best feature set for all-in-one controllers. It delivers performance to meet the demands of DJs at the top of their game and sets a new standard for controller DJs.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.3
- Serato DJ FX Expansion Packs containing new FX powered by iZotope: The Wolf Pack, available as a free download, and the Back Pack, available to purchase for USD19.
The Wolf Pack contains Epic Verb, Bit Crush, Tremolo, Repeater, Braker and Brake Echo, and the Back Pack contains Tape Echo, Looper, Time Stretch, Spiral Echo and Envelope Filter. Both packs contain a large number of Multi FX presets.
- Favorite FX allows you to customize the effects select drop down menus that appear in Serato DJ, showing the FX you choose as your favorites.
- Slip Mode for all supported Serato DJ controllers. When Slip Mode is activated you can manipulate the audio as normal (e.g scratching, Looping, triggering Cue Points etc), however once you have finished, the playback position is returned to where it would be if you had not manipulated the audio. Slip Mode can also be MIDI mapped to a secondary MIDI controller if your hardware doesn’t have a dedicated Slip Mode button.
- Novation TWITCH, Vestax VCI-300 & VFX-1 Support.
- Numark NS7 MKII Support.
- Fixed Tap tempo lighting on Pioneer DDJ-SX.
- Fixed the crossfader curve options being swapped in the Setup screen.
- Changed vinyl button lighting on Vestax VCI-400 to make it more clear that you are in slip mode.
- Numark MixDeck and MixDeck Express now show correct BPM when a deck is in Sync.
- Fixed Play from First Cue Point Setup screen option stability.
- Fixed platter scratching on NS7 with motor off and track paused.
- Fixed needle-search on VCI-380.
- Fixed a bug where Play from First Cue Point option was broken if track configured with first cue point.
- Fixed Beatgrid Slip not working with motor off on NS7
- Start/Stop time on NS7 is now remembered in software with motor off.
- Fixed Slip/Shift mode platter interaction.
- Fixed a bug where Shift + Beatgrid Adjust sometimes moved playhead when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed deck showing incorrect pitch sometimes after switching layers
- MIDI mapping of the Autoloop range shift buttons (< and >) unfortunately has been broken and users will need to remap them.
The Serato DJ v1.3 update is now available to download.
More information: Serato / Serato DJ
Serato has announced its Summer Sale, offering 50% off selected products for a limited time.
For one week we’re cutting the swing tags and giving you 50% off apparel and accessories on the Serato Online Store. All tees, caps, iPhone/iPad cases, Gelaskins, Slipmats, Sticker Packs & Serato USB Sticks.
Free shipping in the US for orders over $100. Head to the Serato Online Store & cheer yourself up :)
More information: Serato
Serato has announced the release of Serato Remote, an iPad app designed to compliment an existing Scratch Live or Serato DJ setup.
Serato’s first official App for iPad® lets you see and perform all your favorite Scratch Live and Serato DJ functions without needing to touch your laptop. Control Cue Points, Loops and Samples. Load tracks and manipulate FX in ways that weren’t previously possible.
Serato Remote features
- Plug & Play with easy set up.
- Big easy to hit buttons that are quick to locate on the fly.
- Control Cue Points, Samples and FX.
- Toggle between Auto Loop, Loop Rolls and Manual Loops.
- Perform super fast Instant Doubles.
- New Roll Mode combines Loop Rolls with FX.
- Set favorite FX for instant access.
- Cue Point and Overview colours inherited from the Serato laptop software.
- Virtual Decks and Track Overviews mirror key information from your laptop.
- Scroll your library, load to decks and Sample slots.
- Control of your Scratch Live or Serato DJ Sample Player.
- Quickly manipulate FX with QFX.
Serato Remote for iPad is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Serato / Serato Remote
Following the unveiling of all-new DJ innovations at Musikmesse 2013 in Germany—including the new Mixtrack Quad and Mixtrack Edge controllers—Numark has announced that Serato DJ is now compatible with the Numark NS7, NS7FX, Mixdeck and Mixdeck Express DJ controllers.
Serato DJ is already compatible with Mixtrack Pro and Mixtrack Pro II, and compatibility with the top-selling NS6 four-channel DJ controller was announced in February—a free upgrade for NS6 owners.
“We’re committed to giving DJs the best tools possible,” said Chris Roman, Numark Product Manager. “That’s why we’ve worked so quickly and so closely with Serato to bring Serato DJ to more and more Numark controllers. The Numark-Serato combination is what DJs are asking for.”
Serato DJ includes a wide range of all-new features and capabilities, and the latest version—Serato DJ 1.2.0—also brings the addition of Multi FX Mode for all. Multi FX Mode is a powerful and easy-to-use effects mode that unlocks the next evolution of creative control.
Owners of the NS7, NS7FX and NS6 controllers can upgrade to Serato DJ for free at serato.com/dj/downloads.
The Numark Mixdeck, Mixdeck Express, Mixtrack Pro and Mixtrack Pro II controllers are eligible for a free 14-day fully functional trial version of Serato DJ and, for a limited time, can be upgraded completely to Serato DJ for $129 at serato.com/dj/buy.
Compatibility with the Numark N4 and Mixdeck Quad controllers is expected to be available this summer.
More information: Serato
Serato has announced the release of Scratch Live 2.4.4, the latest free software update for Serato Scratch Live DJs.
With this release we have focused primarily on fixing bugs and improving stability. In particular issues that have been reported widely on our forum, most significantly the CD drive crash and kernel panics seen with the Rane SL4, Sixty-One and Sixty-Two.
The other significant change is that the Scratch Live installer no longer installs the Rane Core Audio drivers on Mac. However, these Core Audio drivers are still included in the Scratch Live 2.4.4.dmg for users to install manually. This was a necessary step for OS X 10.8 support.
Scratch Live 2.4.4 is now available to download.
More information: Serato / Scratch Live
Numark has announced that the Serato DJ software is now compatible with its NS6 controller.
“NS6 has the advantage of being developed in partnership with Serato and being designed for their software when it was originally conceived, so the integration with Serato DJ is top-notch,” said Chris Roman, Numark Product Manager.
Serato DJ includes a wide range of all-new features and capabilities, including stunning new effects powered by iZotope®, ultra-flexible and intuitive MIDI mapping, the ability to set and trigger up to eight cue points, a totally refreshed user interface, four-deck mixing, and more. The live-performance-centric design of NS6 combined with the advanced feature set in Serato DJ software will give DJs a powerful and seamless experience with their music and their audience.
“Numark’s approach to DJ hardware perfectly complements Serato’s approach to DJ software,” said Sam Gribben, CEO of Serato. “Both companies take DJs seriously and are committed to giving them premium products—that’s why NS6 and NS7 have been such fantastic products.”
The partnership between Numark and Serato® extends back some six years and has resulted in an entire range of professional controllers that have eliminated the line between hardware and software—NS6 and NS7 II being the most recent to ascend to the top and offer groundbreaking performance capability along with bulletproof build quality.
NS6 owners can upgrade to Serato DJ for $129 USD. An upgrade to both Serato DJ and the Serato Video plugin (normally $149 USD) is also available for $199 USD. Serato DJ compatibility with other Numark controllers will be rolled out gradually this spring and will include N4, Mixdeck, Mixdeck Express, and Mixdeck Quad.
More information: Numark / NS6
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Jan 24, 2013
Numark has announced the Mixtrack Pro II, an enhanced and updated version of Mixtrack Pro, the world’s best-selling DJ controller.
Mixtrack Pro II 2-Channel DJ Controller with Audio I/O.
Mixtrack Pro II features a new streamlined design and a new expanded layout of professional controls, including 16 backlit multifunction drum pads and illuminated touchactivated platters. Hot cues, looping, and effects controls are all onboard, along with a built-in professional DJ audio interface. Building upon Numark’s longstanding partnership with Serato®, Mixtrack Pro II comes with Serato DJ Intro. DJs can also easily use Mixtrack Pro II with most popular DJ software, and it also comes pre-mapped for an optional upgrade to Serato DJ, the latest state-of-the-art professional software from Serato. Serato DJ includes a wide range of all-new features and capabilities, including stunning new effects powered by iZotope®, ultra-flexible and intuitive MIDI mapping, and the ability to set and trigger up to eight cue points.
“When we first released Mixtrack Pro, there was nothing else like it—it set the bar and gave DJs and aspiring DJs everywhere truly professional capabilities,” said Chris Roman, Numark Product Manager. “Mixtrack Pro II is the next step of that evolution—the bar just got even higher.”
Mixtrack Pro II features
- Illuminated, capacitive touch-activated platters.
- 16 backlit rubber drum pads, 16 dedicated effects controls.
- Complete mixer section with crossfader and 3-band EQ.
- Audio interface built in, Serato DJ Intro software included.
- USB-powered and class-compliant.
Numark will exhibit Mixtrack Pro II at Booth 6700 at the 2013 NAMM show, January 24-27 in Anaheim, California. Numark will also be showing Mixtrack II, an all-new version of Mixtrack, which shares all of the same professional updates received by Mixtrack Pro II.
Mixtrack Pro II will be available in stores in January 2013 with an estimated street price of $299 USD.
More information: Numark
Related: Akai Professional
, audio interface
Posted in news
on Jan 24, 2013
Numark has announced the NS7 II, a dramatically enhanced and updated version of the industry’s most advanced and best-selling motorized DJ controller, NS7.
For more than 20 years, Numark has set the pace in the world of digital DJing, empowering DJs with cutting-edge technology that has continually advanced the art form. In 2007, Numark and Serato® released NS7, a controller that blends different eras of DJing so completely it makes them virtually indistinguishable from each other. Since then, the powerful experience offered by NS7 has defined the top tier of DJ performance, setting the standard by which all other controllers are judged.
Now, with NS7 II, Numark is pushing the modern DJ’s performance capability even further, incorporating iconic technology from Akai Professional, the world leader in music production technology and creator of the legendary MPC. NS7 II’s 16 MPC pads can be instantly assigned to control five dynamic performance features in Serato DJ: Cues, Loop, Roll, Sampler, and Slicer. In addition, each pad features RGB illumination, allowing for a virtually endless amount of color variations assignable via MIDI. Vinyl platter control has never felt more familiar with its high- and low-torque motorized platters with real slip mats and real vinyl sitting on 3,600 ticks of resolution. NS7 II’s four-channel mixer works with or without a computer and includes a full array of external device inputs. Capacitive touch-activated filter, gain, EQ, and effects knobs are other features incorporated from Akai Professional, which turn the knobs themselves into control surfaces. DJs can use them for instant-on parameter control, blending effects, and instant frequency kills. “NS7 II is an interactive playground,” said Chris Roman, Numark Product Manager. “It’s built to squeeze every ounce of capability out of Serato DJ and push your creative limits. It’s born to perform and to empower DJs with maximum live-performance creative capability.”
NS7 II features
- 7” motorized turntables with 3600 ticks of resolution.
- 4-channel mixer and 24-bit audio interface built in.
- 16 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC pads from Akai Professional.
- Capacitive touch-sensitive filter, gain, EQ, and effects knobs.
- High- and low-torque turntable settings, 33rpm or 45rpm.
- Comprehensive Loop, Sample, Slicer, and Hot Cue controls.
- Strip Search™ virtual needle-drop technology.
- Curve-adjustable CP-Pro crossfader.
- Dedicated iZotope® effects controls.
- Rugged all-metal construction.
- Integrated laptop stand.
- Serato DJ software included.
NS7 II will be unveiled at Booth 6700 at the 2013 NAMM show on January 24th.
More information: Numark