Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Jan 13, 2011
Numark has introduced the NS6, a DJ controller for Serato ITCH which delivers massive control, mixing and I/O capabilities.
NS6 is a 4-channel Digital DJ controller with complete built in mixer and 4 decks of software control. This easy to use dual-platter system has been designed in collaboration with Serato to deliver powerful breakthrough performance to a broad range of DJs.
NS6 borrows from the popular designs of Numark’s award-winning NS7FX and V7 controllers and delivers substantial new features including the most responsive, high-resolution touch-activated platters ever produced in a DJ product. The wheels on NS6 deliver 3600 ticks of resolution per rotation; when combined with NS6’s automatically adjusted platter sensitivity the result is ultra-precise, high definition turntable control.
- Built-in 4 Channel DJ Mixer that works with or without the computer.
- Inputs for 4 line, 2 turntables, 2 microphones.
- Serato’s Itch 4 Deck DJ software included.
- Built-in professional 24-bit audio interface with balanced XLR outputs.
- Touch sensitive illuminated wheels with 3600 ticks of resolution per rotation.
- Strip Search with track position indicator.
- Channel assignable effects controls.
- Mouse-less library navigation with view options.
- Deck Controls include: Key Lock, Pitch Control, Manual and Instant Looping, Hot Cues and Beat grid.
- NS6’s uses standard MIDI protocols enabling DJs to use it with a variety of MIDI software.
Numark will showcase NS6 at the 2011 Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA, Booth #6400, January 13 – 16.
More information: Numark / NS6
Pioneer and Serato Audio Research have introduced the DDJ-S1, a new DJ controller for Serato ITCH software.
Combining Pioneer’s renowned DJ hardware design with world leading software development by Serato, the DDJ-S1 offers familiarity, innovation and pure controllerism in one inspired package.
- Professional Pioneer hardware design for familiar layout and enhanced control.
- Effect control area to access Serato ITCH DJ FX..
- USB powered for a “plug and play” connection.
- Tight integration with Serato ITCH, offering 1-to-1 software to hardware mapping.
- Slip mode for looping, reversing, and scratching without changing the song tempo.
- Multiple input and output options, including balanced XLR input/output.
- Built in audio interface.
- Talk-over function to lower the music volume when receiving voice input from the microphone.
- Pioneer mixer audio circuitry ensuring a clear and powerful DJ sound.
- Laptop dock under the controller for a compact DJ setup.
More information: Serato
Related: Allen & Heath
, audio interface
, Event Electronics
, Mixed In Key
, Rane Corporation
Posted in news
on Oct 27, 2010
Mixed In Key, makers of award-winning Harmonic Mixing software used by world-renowned DJs, has launched their second annual DJ contest.
DJs around the world are invited to showcase their favorite music genre in a 10-15 minute mix that will be judged by some of the top talents in the industry. The winner and the runner-up will receive DJ packages worth more than $6,000 in combined retail value.
DJ Contest prizes
- The First Place winner will receive:
- A pair of Event Opal 750-Watt Active Monitor speakers featuring Variable Impedance Flared Ports to eliminate artifacts and noise, a new ULD tweeter design, and 8″ EX8 Drivers for solid bass.
- A copy of Serato Scratch Live, the ultimate software/hardware DJ solution featuring cueing, looping, keylock, the SP-6 Sample Player and DJ FX.
- A copy of Ableton Live 8 Suite featuring new Groove and Warping engines, Looper, 5 new effects (Vocoder, Multiband Dynamics, Overdrive, Limiter, and Frequency Shifter), and many workflow enhancements.
- Lifetime licenses for all Mixed In Key products, current and future.
- A Rane SL 3 Audio Interface, a 24-bit USB 2.0 interface that connects turntables to a computer and a mixer and can control up to 3 virtual decks in Scratch Live 2.0.
- A $250 Gift certificate from Beatport, the recognized leader in electronic dance music downloads for DJs and club music.
- A $250 Gift certificate from Traxsource, a digital music store for underground music.
- Ableton and Serato’s “The Bridge” Technology.
- The Runner-up will receive:
- An Allen & Heath Xone:DX MIDI Controller.
- A copy of Serato ITCH software.
- Beatport gift certificate for $150.
The entry deadline is November 25, 2010.
More information: Mixed In Key
, Peace Love Productions
Posted in news
on Sep 23, 2010
Peace Love Productions has announced the release of four new royalty free video loop packs for Vjs and music producers.
PLP, originally a provider of music loops, is venturing into video loops. They are announcing four new royalty free video loop packs for Vjs and music producers. Each pack contains 18 seamless loops that are fully compatible with popular Vj apps like Serato Scratch Live ( with the Video Plug in) and Resolume as well as the many Daws that can also import video like Garageband, Acoustica Mixcraft, and Sony Acid Pro.
PLP Analogica, Blockade, Particle Pulse & Red Sector video loop packs
PLP Video Loop Packs
- Analogica – Vintage Analog Synthesizers In 3D-Space
This visual pack features synthesizer legends from Roland, Korg, Arp, and Oberheim. Each synth images is brought back to life through 3D motion mapping technology.
- Blockade – Abstract motion mapping
3D motion mapping of bright and sparkling visual objects in 3D space. A perfect companion for a wide range of electronic music styles.
- Particle Pulse – Beatmatched Visual Loops
This set features visual loops created from the legendary Edirol CG8 video synthesizer. Each is beatmatched to 120 bpm for perfect sync with dance music. Included is a wide range of particle effects, bouncing objects, spinning objects, and lines.
- Red Sector – Where Everything Has Living Skin
This pack features a wide range of strange but seamless looping objects from our continuing voyages to the Red Sector – where everything has living skin. Get some for your living room, visual kitchen, or audiotracks and live the performance. These shiny lifeforms love to listen to stellar music of all kinds.
Each pack is available to download for $24.95 USD. Available formats: NTSC 720 x 480 / PAL 720×576, for Mac (mov.files – Quicktime PJEG encoded) and PC (avi.files | indeo encoded).
More information: Peace Love Productions / Video Loop Packs
Posted in news
on Sep 22, 2010
Ableton and Serato have announced the release of The Bridge, a software partnership which brings together elements of DJ performance and production.
The Bridge spans the gap between music production and DJing, creating a natural link between Ableton Live and Scratch Live. The Bridge provides a powerful fusion of DJ and production tools, opening a world of opportunities for DJing, remixing and live performance.
The Bridge 1.0 features
- ‘Ableton Transport Control’ allows tight synchronization between Ableton Live and Serato Scratch Live’s interface with ‘Ableton Transport Control’.
- The ‘Ableton Player’ opens a window into Ableton Live’s Clip View to launch samples or tracks in real time with Scratch Live.
- Tight Beatgrid implementation ensures that the ‘Ableton Player’ stays locked to the swing of any set.
- Serato DJ performances can be recorded as Ableton Live Sets, complete with song placement and fader movements with ‘Mixtape’. (Fader and EQ automation only available when mixtape is recorded with Rane TTM57 SL and Rane Sixty-Eight)
The Bridge requires Scratch Live 2.1.1 and Ableton Live 8.2, which both are now available.
Changes in Scratch Live v2.1.1
- Ultra Knob effects for 1 Knob performance control of advanced effects.
- 32 new Ultra Knob effects and 28 new Super Knob effects including “Echo Out” and “1 Knob HP/LP Filter”.
- Plug and Play support for the Novation Dicer Scratch Live controller.
- Full integration with the Pioneer CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 in “Advanced HID Mode” including library navigation, album art, overview display, and responsive platter control.
- Support for The Bridge, which allows DJs to playback Ableton Live sets through Scratch Live, trigger clips within Scratch Live from the Ableton Player and record mixtapes as a multi-track Ableton file.
Changes in Ableton Live v8.2
- Support for The Bridge, our collaborative project with Serato. The Bridge is free for users of Live/Suite 8.
- Amp, an audio effect that models guitar amps and cabinets. Amp is free for Suite users.
- Some changes were made to the Help Pages regarding how to report a crash and how to contact support. When restarting Live after a crash, Live produces a file named “Ableton Crash Report… .alp”, whereas choosing “Get Support..” in Live’s Help menu produces a file named “Ableton Status Report… .alp”.
- Bugfixes, details in the release notes.
The Bridge is free for anyone who owns Serato Scratch Live compatible hardware, and a registered version of Ableton Live 8.
More information: Ableton / Serato
Posted in news
on Jun 03, 2010
Novation has announced Dicer, a palm-sized cue point and looping controller developed with Serato.
Plug Dicer in, slot it on your turntable/CDJ, and you can instantly set cue points and use them to trigger ‘Hot Cues’. Or, flip Dicer into ‘Auto-Loop’ or ‘Loop Roll’ modes, to trigger loops, or ‘roll’ sections of the track to create climaxes, drops and glitchy breaks. Each ‘mode’ illuminates Dicer’s pads a different colour, so you can instantly see what mode the pads in, even in dark clubs and venues.
Dicer’s buttons can also ‘learn’ other software functions. So, you can assign different FX to the pads, or trigger samples over the top of your mix, or even browse tracks in your iTunes library!
Dicer was designed by Novation in collaboration with Ean Golden – DJ and curator of DJ Tech Tools. Ean came up with the concept of a controller that fits on the turntable, and his contribution has been crucial in helping Novation design and develop Dicer.
- Performance buttons with visual feedback — Backlit, multi-colour, soft touch ‘dice’ buttons, provide immediate LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live software.
- Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10, and similar decks — Using the 45-adapter hole, Dicer places looping control right where you need it – on your decks, millimetres away from your vinyl.
- Attaches to CDJs, mixers and laptops — With Novation’s reusable ‘DJ putty’, your Dicers can slot into even the most cramped of DJ performance set-ups, sticking cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, mixer or laptop.
- Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live — Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including ‘Hot Cues’, ‘Auto Roll’ and ‘Loop Roll’.
- Works with all major DJ software — Dicer is fully MIDI assignable, so it can be set up to control almost any software, including Traktor Scratch Pro. Up to 60 assignable MIDI controls are available from a pair of Dicers.
- USB bus-powered — Dicer gets all the power it needs from a single USB cable, with no need for an external power supply. A mini Jack cable transmits power and data to the second Dicer.
- A Fully class compliant MIDI device — Dicer is a plug and play device, so no need to install any drivers.
Dicer is expected to be in stores in late June/early July 2010, priced at $99.99 USD / 99.99 EUR / £79.99 GBP.
More information: Novation / Dicer