Serato has updated its ITCH dj software to version 2.1.
The latest version features enhancements and bug fixes for all Serato ITCH users with 2.1 offering improved stability and increased performance.
2.1 continues Serato’s commitment to providing the best possible software for people who love music.
Changes in ITCH 2.1
- New Features
- SP-6 Hardware control.
- Simple Sync mode added for two deck controllers.
- Smart Sync pitch behavior changes.
- General Bug Fixes
- Fix for crash on relocate lost files.
- Fix for hang when switching banks on the SP6.
- Fixed bug which could cause pitch to jump suddenly after loading a new track over a sync’d track and moving the pitch slider. Only occurs if there is only a single sync’d deck.
- Fixed SP6 pitch sliders not working correctly.
- Fixed ctrl-click on the SP6 pitch slider jumping to the wrong value.
- Fix for Reverse not working when in Relative Pitch after turning off Sync.
- Hot Cueing while in armed sync now switches to Auto-Tempo so that the sync’d pitch is used.
- Fix for SP6 not loading the play mode preference as Sync in some cases (randomly).
- Fix for SP6 pitch resetting when loading the same track to the deck of the same number.
- SP6 Trigger Mode now working for the Denon HC5000.
- Fixed Denon HC5000 displaying the wrong pitch when in relative pitch and not updating.
- Fix for pitch jumping if a doubled-slaved track was nudged into tempo mode.
- Sync should no longer be turned off when a track is loaded on a paused or empty deck.
- Fix for armed auto-tempo not jumping to correct tempo when using cue or temp cue (which can cause a jump if you then push play).
- Empty Crates are no longer deleted.
- Fixed a bug where Crates could get incorrectly deleted.
- Fix for edit box not displaying highlighted text when using ctrl-a to select all.
- Fix for focus incorrectly shifting to the crates list after editing multiple tags.
- Fixed bug where Sync would not turn off when loading a track with no bpm and beat grid.
- Fixed several bugs where playing a track with sync could keep doubling the track’s pitch.
- Fixed for possible incorrect BPM when using doubled/half BPMs in smart sync mode.
More details (including changes for specific hardware) here. The ITCH 2.1 update is now available to download at no cost.
More information: Serato / ITCH
Serato has announced the release of Serato DJ Intro, a brand new DJ software for music enthusiasts around the world.
Serato DJ Intro allows for traditional two deck mixing of digital music files from a computer. When teamed with a controller, Serato DJ Intro offers a fun and intuitive DJ experience.
Serato DJ Intro is the newest piece of software to join Serato’s illustrious DJ range, which includes popular professional DJ solutions, Scratch Live and ITCH.
“Serato DJ Intro will transform the way people interact with music,” explains Sam Gribben, CEO of Serato Audio Research. “It’s amazing to see how the Serato DJ experience has evolved, and now a whole new generation of people can discover what professionals around the world have trusted for years.”
Serato DJ Intro features
- Two tracks can be mixed simultaneously using traditional DJ controls – scratch, nudge, pitch bend, EQ.
- Serato Sync locks tracks together for seamless grooves.
- Serato Crates make audio file management easy and advanced iTunes integration gives you instant access to personal library and playlist information.
- Cue points allow you to quickly access specific parts of songs.
- Loops repeat selected sections and can create new intros, outros and extended mixes.
- DJ-FX will enhance any DJ set, with popular effects including delay, filter and reverb, and up to three FX chainable for each deck.
- The Sample Player can play up to four short samples, audio loops, sound effects or full length tracks in addition to the two tracks you’re mixing. .
- Plug-and-Play connectivity makes it simple and fast to setup your supported Serato DJ Intro controller, computer and software and start DJing.
Serato DJ Intro for Windows and Mac is available to download now.
More information: Serato / Serato DJ Intro
, Groove Armada
, Mixed In Key
, Rane Corporation
Posted in news
on Sep 19, 2011 - 0 comments
Juno has launched the Groove Armada Remix Competition, an opportunity to have your remix on Groove Armada’s own label and also to win an assortment of top line products.
To celebrate the release of their Red Light project, Groove Armada are offering budding producers the chance to remix ‘RJ’s Theme’ from their latest Red Light Vol 1. EP. Download the parts here to be in with a chance of winning:
- Your mix released on Groove Armada’s WORKit! label
- £300 of Juno vouchers
- Rane SL 3 for Serato Scratch Live (worth £488.50)
- Ableton Live 8 (boxed) (worth €449)
- Ableton Online Course from Manchester Midi School (worth €299)
- SoundCloud Pro account (worth €250)
- Mixed In Key
- Platinum Notes
The Groove Armada Remix Competition submission phase ends on Oct 10th 2011. Remixes will be judged by Groove Armada, and the winner will be announced online.
More information: Juno / Groove Armada Remix Competition
Point Blank Online has launched a new course DJ skills with Serato Scratch Live, a chance to get to grips with a staple of modern DJing; Serato Scratch Live.
Serato Scratch is an ideal platform for DJs who want to retain the feel and style of mixing with vinyl but don’t want to carry a big box of records or CD sleeve to every gig. Using one in a range of bespoke Rane USB interfaces, Scratch Live brings vinyl and laser disc into the 21st century, allowing full mix control of digital audio files via a conventional turntable or CDJ.
Now at the helm of this new course is DJ Blakey. The more discerning mix fans will already know that he is a DMC world champion and has hosted his own show on Radio 1 sister station 1Xtra. Other achievements you might not be aware of are his residency at Fabric in London and his 2007 tour with Jurassic 5. It’s fair to say that Blakey knows his stuff and that if you want to learn how to mix, particularly with software like Serato Scratch Live, you could not ask for a better tutor.
During the course you will learn how to utilize Scratch Live to its highest potential at every stage of the mix; from loading tracks, beat matching and scratching to multi-deck mixing, looping and adding effects. The course also details how to use various controllers in conjunction with Scratch Live including the Rane TTM 57 SL mixer.
If you want to play regular gigs as a DJ or already do, then you will undoubtedly benefit from using Scratch Live. Where better to learn these skills than with industry professional tutors at Point Blank Online? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Point Blank’s DJ skills with Serato Scratch Live is 4 weeks in duration and costs £355 GBP (approximately $530 USD). The course is available to book now.
More information: Point Blank Online
Serato has released version 2.0 of ITCH, the DJ software for Windows and Mac.
Serato ITCH is an integrated software and hardware system, designed to give music selectors and DJs new kinds of control. Serato and ITCH partners have made award winning DJ systems that operate without CD players or turntables.
Using the ITCH software you can DJ music on your computer with accurate control from a range of purpose built ITCH hardware.
Changes in ITCH 2.0
- A fresh new look, with changeable Night & Day modes.
- New SP-6 Sample Player including Sample Sync.
- Multiple display modes to suit different styles of DJing – vertical, horizontal, stack and library views.
- Re-optimised Serato SmartSync engine for precise grids and locked grooves.
- Improved Library Management so you can easily copy crates & tracks to external drives for gigs.
- Smart Crates which auto-fill using keywords from your music library.
- Serato Playlists to share your tracklists either as you play, or online afterwards.
- Album Art Views for enhanced browsing.
- Improved Instant Doubles functionality, including support for 4 decks.
The ITCH 2.0 update is available as a free download.
More information: Serato / ITCH
Loopmasters has announced the launch of the Sonar Remix Competition.
The Sonar Festival in Barcelona has kicked off once again this Wednesday.
The line-up of artists impressive as always, the weather beautiful, the city inspiring. As this great event is well underway we are proud to announce the Sonar Remix Competition in co-operation with our partners: Ableton, Serato and Novation.
Prizes include 30 Sample CDs from Loopmasters, Live 8 from Ableton, Rane SL from Serato, Launchpad from Novation, Soundcloud Pro Account from Soundcloud, and the winning entry will get the option to release the track on http://www.publicrecordings.co.uk – the new website for unsigned music by Loopmasters.
Deadline for submissions is July 15th.
More information: Sonar Remix Competition
DJ TechTools has announced the release of the Midi Fighter Pro, a new series of MIDI controllers.
DJ TechTools MIDI Fighter Pro Series
The Pro series adds what Midi Fighter owners want most, well-placed analog controls with amazing mapping integration. The expressive and robust nature make them truly a controllerist’s controller.
For those who want to connect a controller to Serato or Ableton, the built in super fader functionality is clutch. They allow anyone to create amazing effects combos right out of the box without diving into Bomes coding or advanced MIDI mapping.
If you are looking for a super unique and powerful MIDI instrument, the Midi Fighter Pro is hard to beat.
Midi Fighter Pro features
- Robust metal casing.
- Chip proof surface.
- High performance arcade buttons.
- Bright blue LEDs.
- MIDI controllable mode buttons.
- Rugged faders and knobs.
- Smooth high performance surface.
- Analog controls send super knob values out of the box.
- Digital buttons send super combo values out of the box.
- Trade in program for existing Midi Fighter owners.
The Midi Fighter Pro is currently available in 4 models (Beat Masher, Cue Master, Super Knob, XX Fader) priced at $349 USD.
More information: DJ TechTools / Midi Fighter Pro