Tonehammer has released Shake Vol. 1, a sample library featuring various percussion instruments.
This deep sampled collection is dedicated to shakers, rattles and bell tree percussion. The fuzzy, buzzy, sandy -sounding “chuff”, “shuck” and “jingle” of hand-held shakers and bells is an essential part of orchestral, latin, electronic, hip hop and even rock music.
We found, collected and even hand-made 14 different instruments for this library, covering the whole spectrum of shaker instruments. We included deep sampled strikes and shakes for custom rhythm creation. We also captured sustaining rolls, grooves and gliss effects, in both natural and host-tempo synching arrangements. We also included a bonus collection of ambient drones and percussive elements created by heavily manipulating the shake source material.
Shake is meant to deeply explore an under-represented niche of percussion and finally allow composers and electronic musicians instant access to truly life-like sound and playability. It’s the perfect addition to any serious composer’s core instrument arsenal.
Shake Vol. 1 features
- Studio (dry) recorded recorded shakers, rattlers and bell tree percussion.
- All single shakes and strikes feature multiple velocities, 10X round-robin variations and precision attack and release control.
- All sustaining rolls and grooves feature long loops for greater realism, individual release-trigger samples and custom dynamic crescendo control.
- All single-shot effects and glisses feature start position and attack / release control
- Also Includes Kontakt 3 groove instruments with Host Tempo Synching, tuned single strike and shake multi-sample instruments and lite patches.
- Extensive read me (.pdf) install, patch and hint documentation
- 46 Kontakt patches, including one patch with everything / 2.321 samples
- 1.24 GB installed, 942 MB .rar download
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit stereo .wav format
- Format(s): Kontakt 2, EXS24 and .wav
- Note: Native Instruments Kontakt 2 / 3 / 4 full retail versions required for all Kontakt instruments.
- Note: Free Kontakt Player will only work for 30 minutes with this product. Full version required to remove this restriction.
Shake Vol. 1 is available to purchase for the introductory price of $39 USD until 28 January, 2010 (regular price $49 USD).
More information: Tonehammer / Shake Vol. 1
, Cinematique Instruments
, samples and sound libraries
, Zeitter & Winkelmann
Posted in news
on Sep 02, 2009 - 0 comments
Cinematic Instruments has recently launched a new library of rare and special instruments.
Our goal is to create expressive and powerful tools for people who are writing music. No matter what kind of music…
Cinematique Instruments – some of the sampled instruments/objects
Cinematique Instruments libraries
- Autoharp – This is a stringed instrument with a series of chord bars. Despite its name, the autoharp is not a harp – it’s a chorded zither – and it’s the perfect instrument to give subtle highlights to all kinds of music. (6 patches)
- Muted Baritone Ukulele – This is the largest size of ukulele and is tuned differently to the others (D-G-B-E, the same as the last four strings of a standard guitar, as opposed to G-C-E-A). We’ve concentrated on the muted played notes which can add beautiful light and subtle elements to your music. (3 patches)
- Kantele – This a traditional plucked string instrument of the zither family native to Finland and Estonia with a distinctive bell-like sound and a diatonic tuning. We’ve made a Kontakt patch to play it in a chromatic tuning. (3 patches)
- Magnus Harmonica Organ – This little organs use an electric fan to blow air across reeds, like a giant harmonica with keys. (3 patches)
- Super Sound EK-470 – This is the processed e-piano sound of a low-cost, garbage keyboard for just €25. The sound is warm and crunchy. (3 patches)
- Zeitter & Winkelmann Piano – This is our rehearsal piano, located in one of our control rooms. It’s got a warm and organic charm. (3 patches).
- Mallets / Percussion (Tuned)
- Glass – A collection of glasses and vases in different sizes. We scrubbed, rubbed, tapped and hit all the glass and made some very nice instruments out of it. (3 patches)
- Metallic Objects/Lids – A collection of lid sounds. We struck the lids with fingers and recorded various sounds. It allows you to make up your own lid-mallet sound.
- Metallic Objects/Kitchen, Handrail – This is a collection of sounds, noises, crashes and bangs made with our studio fixture and fittings: our iron KITCHEN and our staircase with its huge HANDRAIL. The result is astonishing: experimental percussion, strange and remarkable mallets.
- Percussion – All percussion sounds are easy to play in a lively, realistic and organic way (no loops). Available as a multi set or single instruments of: Bongos, Chimes, Guiro, Ocean Drum, Shaker, Spring Drum and Tambourine. Just in the multi are: Toms, Cymbals and Wood.
Cinematique Instruments libraries are available in .nki-format for Native-Instruments Kontakt 3 or 3.5. All samples are in 44.1 kHz/ 16Bit mono/stereo .wav-Format. Prices start at 7 EUR.
More information: Cinematique Instruments
Spacedad has released Shekrs, a freeware virtual shaker instrument for Windows.
3rd in the ‘reception models’ series (original models by jacky-lee) based on his loo-roll, yogurtpot and papercup shakers.
There are five shakers,each plays a one beat ‘sha-ker’ sound. You’ll find them on notes C#2, D#2, F#2, G#2 and A#2 only. (click on the cups to see the notes and hear the sound).
Start by drawing some notes in your sequencer, eg four beats on C#, then use the speed control and the fine speed adjust to get it in time with your song.
- Speed (and fine adjustment), pitch shift and volume amount for each shaker.
- Modulation controls (grids): amount, shape and speed, one set for each type.
- Decay envelopes.
- Hipass and Lowpass filters + resonance and filter decay.
- Hold buttons to override decay envelopes.
- Reverse/forward, x2 doublespeed, and loop controls.
- Master speed.
- Mixer/panning and master volume.
- Distortion/bitcrushing and boosting effects.
Shekrs is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
More information: Space Raiders
xoxos has released Stoq, a freeware stochastic impulse modeling VST instrument inspired by Perry Cook’s PhiSeM model.
xoxos Stoq – suited for synthesis of maracas and other shaker instruments
xoxos explains the model:
impulse is driven by ‘pitch’ which is a % for event per sample at oscillator pitch. tracking is implemented but architecture is geared towards percussion synthesis.
the event % is shaped with a ‘rise’ envelope that lowers the chance for events to immediately follow other events (ie. hysteresis, good for emulating ‘larger beans’). when rise is locked to pitch it can be shifted by +/- 2 octaves. ‘tail’ multiplies the % after the rise period to reduce longer gaps.
impulses are decay-stage enveloped and consist of either the envelope contour or enveloped noise, low pass filtered for dynamics performance, then routed to a bank for 5 bandpasses (# of bands can be reduced to save cpu).
Stoq is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC. Download it here (1.35 MB).