KarmaFX has released version 1.05 of the KarmaFX Synth Modular, an advanced and highly flexible Simulated Analog Modular Synthesizer and Effect Unit for Windows.
Changes in KarmaFX Synth Modular v1.05
- Speed of oscillators and unison modules has been improved significantly.
- Noise generator now also works in stereo.
- Added silent output detection to filters to reduce CPU load in polyphonic patches.
- Chorus sound has been improved: Depth and delays range have been increased from 80ms to 200ms. Max number of stages has been increased from 3 to 8. A delay modulator is allocated per stage to let LFOs run out of phase. New “phase offset” parameter added for controlling LFO phase.
- “Straight” unison is now the default mode in Unison module.
- Online update will now also download and run full installer updates. [requires fresh install]
- Many bug fixes.
KarmaFX Synth Modular is available as a VST instrument for Windows for 76 EUR (ex. VAT) / $96 USD. A demo version can be downloaded here (30 days trial use, times-out and has limited save and update capabilities).
Visit KarmaFX for more information.
KarmaFX has released version 1.04 of Synth Modular, and version 2.1 of the KarmaFX Plugin Pack.
The updates mainly contain bugfixes. See changelogs below. A couple of new features have been added to the Synth and a fresh install is required. Registered users should have received their new download link by e-mail. Synth Modular price has been adjusted to take into account the recent rise in the US dollar.
Changes in Modular Synth v1.04
- Added Kybd tracking support to parametric filter (in lowpass, highpass, bandpass and notch mode).
- Replaced random waveform in lfo with one that has 1 step-change per period unlike old random that does 16. Old random has been renamed to ‘Random16′.
- Added right click volume-range option (+6dB (default), +12dB or +24dB) to output module.
- Added Clk option to Envelope and Step modules.
- Added Linear, Cubic and Hermite curve modes to Envelope module.
- Sampler now also imports loop info from .wav files if available.
- Added limited support for .sfz soundfont import in Sampler.
- Updated and added new patches. Changed almost all patches to be tuned in C.
- Many GUI improvements/fixes and other bug fixes.
The new KarmaFX Plugin-Pack features an ugrade of the VST SDK from 2.2 to 2.3 for the Equalizer and Reverb, Reverb performance tweaks, and some bugfixes.
Visit KarmaFX for more information and a detailed changelog.
Cockos has released version 2.5 of REAPER, a powerful Windows application for multitrack recording and editing of audio.
Changes in REAPER v2.5
- Uber track control group support (shift+G defaults to show group settings, Ctrl+Alt+G shows new Track Grouping Matrix).
- REX2 file support, imported slices keep beat location if project tempo changes (todo support moving items across tempo changes, currently slices must be re-imported).
- Dynamic Split interactive beat slicing and quantization.
- Lots more…
Visit the REAPER website for more information.
KarmaFX has released version 1.03 of KarmaFX Synth Modular, and version 2.0b of KarmaFX Plugin Pack.
Changes in KarmaFX Synth Modular v1.03 / Plugin Pack v2.0b
- [SM] Safer memory allocation and sharing between dll’s. (requires fresh install).
- [SM] Added extra waveforms to additive and pad module.
- [SM] Many bugfixes.
- [PP] Uninitialized data bug found and fixed in Equalizer.
KarmaFX Synth Modular is available as shareware and costs &euro76 (incl VAT) / $120 USD. The Plugin Pack is donationware.
Visit KarmaFX for more information and links to download the Plugin Pack and a demo version of Synth Modular.
Cockos has released version 2.3 of REAPER, the powerful Windows application for multitrack recording and editing of audio.
As per usual, the list of changes in this new version is large so please check the download page for details.
I will mention the last line in the changelog for v2.3:
* Cockos += Schwa. HOT.
If you’ve ever done any programming you probably know this means Schwa has been added to the Cockos team. And if you’re a regular rekkerd.org reader I’m pretty sure the name Schwa will ring a bell as well.
Visit the REAPER website for more information, and a link to download the last version of REAPER (uncrippled unexpiring shareware).
Cockos has released version 2.2 of REAPER, the powerful Windows application for multitrack recording and editing of audio.
Changes in REAPER v2.2
- Now includes the fantastic new elastique 2.0.
- improved looped recording/playback precision.
- better looping midi item precision when item length is not a multiple of sample length.
- MIDI overdub/replace: auto-insert of new items defaults to shorter items.
- MIDI channel rewriting in sends/hw outs no longer corrupts system realtime/exclusive messages.
- looped midi input recording latency fix.
- fixed bug resulting in excessive splits when recording using non-overdub/replace to in-project midi items.
- rewire slave mode: better samplerate detection/switching.
- re-added an old fix for Drumatic3 giving invalid samples (requires extra mainschange cycle on load).
- control surfaces: better updating of mute state on csurf track mute change.
- Better drag&drop support dragging files to some plug-ins (Battery3 for example).
- Floating FX windows now size themselves to current FX size (but remember their old positions).
- Option (prefs/buffering/advanced) to disable mmap’d peakfiles (to conserve address space).
- Changed default reginfo filenames for hopefully better Vista compatability.
- CPU meter: can now show RT CPU+graph (to show CPU use used by main audio thread).
- Improved VST performance & various API updates.
REAPER is available for Windows PC (Mac OS X version coming in Q4 2007), and costs $225.00 USD. A reduced price license of $50.00 USD is available for non-commercial use.
Visit the REAPER website for more information, and a link to download a evaluation version of REAPER (uncrippled unexpiring shareware).
Martin Wheeler (aka. Vector Lovers) has released beta of DR1 Dr.DRONE, a VST plug-in for the generation of fat electro-style synth sounds.
DR1 Dr.DRONE features
- Audio Out level indicators.
- ADSR and level controls.
- Six X/Y pads:
- Oscillator Pitch: pitch of OSC 1 over a 3 octave range (X), pitch of OSC 2 over a 10 octave range (Y).
- Modulation A: modulation of OSC 2 pitch (X), depth of OSC 2 modulation (Y).
- Modulation B: Phase Modulation of OSC 1 + 2 (X), Pulse Width of OSC 1 + amount of signal going to Ring Oscillator (Y).
- Lo Pass filter.
- Hi Pass filter.
- Filter ASDR.
- Osc Sync and tuning, Stereo, Ring Osc, Note on controls, mono/stereo switch, retrig, glide and test controls.
The registered version of DR1 Dr.DRONE will soon be available for purchase for 5.99 GBP.
A shareware version (Windows PC) with the following restrictions is available for download.
- LFO SYNC TO HOST disabled
- MONO MODE only. Registered version has 8 note polyphony
- Master tune is disabled
- Limited to 16 patch memories (64 in full version)
- Register/Nag screen
Visit the DR1 Dr.DRONE website for more information and a link to download the shareware version of DR1.
AZ Audio has released Ultra Trigger FX, a VST plug-in particularly designed for real time or live audio performances.
Ultra Trigger FX features
- Full stereo processing.
- Two phases Low frequency oscillator with sync offset.
- Dry/wet signal smoother.
- Maximum mix level defined for each fx.
- Effects: Delay (synced), glifter (glide/drift), flanger, phaser, decimator unit, ring accumulator, tri combs, shared lfo.
Audio Trigger FX is released as shareware and costs 20 EUR (currently 10 EUR).
The analog-style doppler effect plug-in ADopplerEn has been updated to v1.1. It now has less parameters, a new gui, increased precision and bugfixes.
Visit AZ Audio for more information and links to download the demo of Ultra Trigger FX and the donationware ADopplerEn plug-in.