Angular Momentum has released Wave Manager, a tool to audit your samples and copy them to a new directory if necessary.
The samples can be played with your MIDI keyboard, PC keyboard or just by clicking the samples
Wave Manager features
- Audit Section (Source)
- Double precision Sampler
- Forward Reverse
- Start and End trims for looping or quick search
- Follow Keys
- Preview On / Off
- Pitch Adjust (4 octaves)
- Play / Stop Button
- Wave Manager Section (destination) commands available
- Copy Sample
- Copy all samples
- Move sample
- Rename Sample
- Trash Sample
- Make Directory
- Supports all MIDI inputs.
- Supports all Audio outputs including ASIO.
Known bugs: Sound driver can reset on switching programs, this will only happen once if it occurs.
Wave Manager is available as shareware for Windows PC.
Visit Angular Momentum for more information.
discoDSP has released HighLife R3, a performance sampler with VSTi sampling, sample editor, five built in effects, flexible modulation route and morphable scheme.
HighLife R3 now has greatly improved sfz import, more in line with the official sfz specs. Most sfz files can now be used rightaway without the need to edit out any unsupported features or moving the soundfiles around on the computer.
Changes in HighLife R3
- SFZ Parser
- Sample path can be relative or absolute to any location on the storage media.
- Path names may contain blank spaces.
- The header can now be used.
- opcode is now recognized.
- Comments can be put on the same line with opcodes.
- Fixes and changes
- The following additional zone parameters can now be modified from the zone editor panel: root key, low key, high key, low velocity, high velocity.
- A couple of wave files that were refused by the previous version will now load fine.
- Loopinfo will not be used if loopstart > loopend (workaround for some nonstandard wav editors)
- When creating loop crossfades Highlife now implements a equal power crossfade instead of the previously used equal gain (linear) crossfade.
- Highlife won’t crash anymore whenever a sample can’t be opened. Instead an error message is displayed and the load process is reverted.
- Added Open Source Logo.
- About box. (Click on the Highlife Logo to open).
- HighLife SFZ Implementation
- HighLife supports a subset of the sfz specification v1.0 opcodes. Unsupported opcodes can be included in the file. These will be ignored and should not cause any errors or misinterpretations. Unsupported headers (sfz v2.0 or third party) will be skipped. The parser will jump the next header if it finds an unknown one and ignore all opcodes inbetween.
- Supported sfz Opcodes
- sample, lokey, hikey, lovel, hivel, offset, tune, pitch_keytrack, pitch_keycenter, transpose, volume, pan, loop_start, loop_end, loop_mode, loccN, hiccN, lobend, hibend, lochanaft, hichanaft, lopolyaft, hipolyaft, trigger, group, off_by.
- Supported Sfz Headers
HighLife R3 is available as shareware for Windows PC. A license is 45 EUR / $69 USD (VAT included).
Visit discoDSP for more information.
KarmaFX has released version 1.05 of the KarmaFX Synth Modular, an advanced and highly flexible Simulated Analog Modular Synthesizer and Effect Unit for Windows.
Changes in KarmaFX Synth Modular v1.05
- Speed of oscillators and unison modules has been improved significantly.
- Noise generator now also works in stereo.
- Added silent output detection to filters to reduce CPU load in polyphonic patches.
- Chorus sound has been improved: Depth and delays range have been increased from 80ms to 200ms. Max number of stages has been increased from 3 to 8. A delay modulator is allocated per stage to let LFOs run out of phase. New “phase offset” parameter added for controlling LFO phase.
- “Straight” unison is now the default mode in Unison module.
- Online update will now also download and run full installer updates. [requires fresh install]
- Many bug fixes.
KarmaFX Synth Modular is available as a VST instrument for Windows for 76 EUR (ex. VAT) / $96 USD. A demo version can be downloaded here (30 days trial use, times-out and has limited save and update capabilities).
Visit KarmaFX for more information.
KarmaFX has released version 1.04 of Synth Modular, and version 2.1 of the KarmaFX Plugin Pack.
The updates mainly contain bugfixes. See changelogs below. A couple of new features have been added to the Synth and a fresh install is required. Registered users should have received their new download link by e-mail. Synth Modular price has been adjusted to take into account the recent rise in the US dollar.
Changes in Modular Synth v1.04
- Added Kybd tracking support to parametric filter (in lowpass, highpass, bandpass and notch mode).
- Replaced random waveform in lfo with one that has 1 step-change per period unlike old random that does 16. Old random has been renamed to ‘Random16′.
- Added right click volume-range option (+6dB (default), +12dB or +24dB) to output module.
- Added Clk option to Envelope and Step modules.
- Added Linear, Cubic and Hermite curve modes to Envelope module.
- Sampler now also imports loop info from .wav files if available.
- Added limited support for .sfz soundfont import in Sampler.
- Updated and added new patches. Changed almost all patches to be tuned in C.
- Many GUI improvements/fixes and other bug fixes.
The new KarmaFX Plugin-Pack features an ugrade of the VST SDK from 2.2 to 2.3 for the Equalizer and Reverb, Reverb performance tweaks, and some bugfixes.
Visit KarmaFX for more information and a detailed changelog.
Cockos has released version 2.5 of REAPER, a powerful Windows application for multitrack recording and editing of audio.
Changes in REAPER v2.5
- Uber track control group support (shift+G defaults to show group settings, Ctrl+Alt+G shows new Track Grouping Matrix).
- REX2 file support, imported slices keep beat location if project tempo changes (todo support moving items across tempo changes, currently slices must be re-imported).
- Dynamic Split interactive beat slicing and quantization.
- Lots more…
Visit the REAPER website for more information.
KarmaFX has released version 1.03 of KarmaFX Synth Modular, and version 2.0b of KarmaFX Plugin Pack.
Changes in KarmaFX Synth Modular v1.03 / Plugin Pack v2.0b
- [SM] Safer memory allocation and sharing between dll’s. (requires fresh install).
- [SM] Added extra waveforms to additive and pad module.
- [SM] Many bugfixes.
- [PP] Uninitialized data bug found and fixed in Equalizer.
KarmaFX Synth Modular is available as shareware and costs &euro76 (incl VAT) / $120 USD. The Plugin Pack is donationware.
Visit KarmaFX for more information and links to download the Plugin Pack and a demo version of Synth Modular.