Cockos has released version 2.5 of REAPER, a powerful Windows application for multitrack recording and editing of audio.
Changes in REAPER v2.5
- Uber track control group support (shift+G defaults to show group settings, Ctrl+Alt+G shows new Track Grouping Matrix).
- REX2 file support, imported slices keep beat location if project tempo changes (todo support moving items across tempo changes, currently slices must be re-imported).
- Dynamic Split interactive beat slicing and quantization.
- Lots more…
Visit the REAPER website for more information.
KarmaFX has released version 1.03 of KarmaFX Synth Modular, and version 2.0b of KarmaFX Plugin Pack.
Changes in KarmaFX Synth Modular v1.03 / Plugin Pack v2.0b
- [SM] Safer memory allocation and sharing between dll’s. (requires fresh install).
- [SM] Added extra waveforms to additive and pad module.
- [SM] Many bugfixes.
- [PP] Uninitialized data bug found and fixed in Equalizer.
KarmaFX Synth Modular is available as shareware and costs &euro76 (incl VAT) / $120 USD. The Plugin Pack is donationware.
Visit KarmaFX for more information and links to download the Plugin Pack and a demo version of Synth Modular.
Cockos has released version 2.3 of REAPER, the powerful Windows application for multitrack recording and editing of audio.
As per usual, the list of changes in this new version is large so please check the download page for details.
I will mention the last line in the changelog for v2.3:
* Cockos += Schwa. HOT.
If you’ve ever done any programming you probably know this means Schwa has been added to the Cockos team. And if you’re a regular rekkerd.org reader I’m pretty sure the name Schwa will ring a bell as well.
Visit the REAPER website for more information, and a link to download the last version of REAPER (uncrippled unexpiring shareware).
Cockos has released version 2.2 of REAPER, the powerful Windows application for multitrack recording and editing of audio.
Changes in REAPER v2.2
- Now includes the fantastic new elastique 2.0.
- improved looped recording/playback precision.
- better looping midi item precision when item length is not a multiple of sample length.
- MIDI overdub/replace: auto-insert of new items defaults to shorter items.
- MIDI channel rewriting in sends/hw outs no longer corrupts system realtime/exclusive messages.
- looped midi input recording latency fix.
- fixed bug resulting in excessive splits when recording using non-overdub/replace to in-project midi items.
- rewire slave mode: better samplerate detection/switching.
- re-added an old fix for Drumatic3 giving invalid samples (requires extra mainschange cycle on load).
- control surfaces: better updating of mute state on csurf track mute change.
- Better drag&drop support dragging files to some plug-ins (Battery3 for example).
- Floating FX windows now size themselves to current FX size (but remember their old positions).
- Option (prefs/buffering/advanced) to disable mmap’d peakfiles (to conserve address space).
- Changed default reginfo filenames for hopefully better Vista compatability.
- CPU meter: can now show RT CPU+graph (to show CPU use used by main audio thread).
- Improved VST performance & various API updates.
REAPER is available for Windows PC (Mac OS X version coming in Q4 2007), and costs $225.00 USD. A reduced price license of $50.00 USD is available for non-commercial use.
Visit the REAPER website for more information, and a link to download a evaluation version of REAPER (uncrippled unexpiring shareware).
Martin Wheeler (aka. Vector Lovers) has released beta of DR1 Dr.DRONE, a VST plug-in for the generation of fat electro-style synth sounds.
DR1 Dr.DRONE features
- Audio Out level indicators.
- ADSR and level controls.
- Six X/Y pads:
- Oscillator Pitch: pitch of OSC 1 over a 3 octave range (X), pitch of OSC 2 over a 10 octave range (Y).
- Modulation A: modulation of OSC 2 pitch (X), depth of OSC 2 modulation (Y).
- Modulation B: Phase Modulation of OSC 1 + 2 (X), Pulse Width of OSC 1 + amount of signal going to Ring Oscillator (Y).
- Lo Pass filter.
- Hi Pass filter.
- Filter ASDR.
- Osc Sync and tuning, Stereo, Ring Osc, Note on controls, mono/stereo switch, retrig, glide and test controls.
The registered version of DR1 Dr.DRONE will soon be available for purchase for 5.99 GBP.
A shareware version (Windows PC) with the following restrictions is available for download.
- LFO SYNC TO HOST disabled
- MONO MODE only. Registered version has 8 note polyphony
- Master tune is disabled
- Limited to 16 patch memories (64 in full version)
- Register/Nag screen
Visit the DR1 Dr.DRONE website for more information and a link to download the shareware version of DR1.