SKYLIFE has released version 3.0.8 of SampleRobot and WaveRobot, two audio sampling software solutions for musicians and sound designers.
New features include the support of waveformat extensible, optimized ASIO integration (V2.2), revised export modules and many improvements in detail.
Changes in SampleRobot / WaveRobot v3.0.8
- Waveformat extensible support — It is now possible to drag&drop audio files in waveformat extensible into SampleRobot and WaveRobot. Loop markers, sample names and root keys (embedded or from file name) are recognized during import.
- Updated ASIO integration — SampleRobot and WaveRobot now support the ASIO V2.2 standard which improves the communication with some audio interfaces. Furthermore the stability was optimized when using several audio interfaces with different ASIO drivers on one system.
- Optimized Export — In SampleRobot and SampleRobot Essentials you can now export projects that are not fully recorded. This makes testing of multisamples in a software sampler environment a lot easier.
- New driver cleanup services — When closing and opening different audio drivers shortly after another, under special circumstances this could affect the audio performance of some interfaces. Due to the new cleanup services those issues do not occur any longer. Furthermore a special cleanup log is written to hard disc offering debugging options in the future.
- Save Preferences to Disk — Now you can save all settings manually to disk including MIDI and Audio setup, multisample setup and GUI/Zoom settings.
- MIDI Monitor filter — Realtime MIDI messages (like “timing clock”) are filtered automatically in the MIDI monitor so that other messages can easily be identified.
- Updated program activation dialog — Since the SKYLIFE server has moved to another location is was necessary to adapt all dedicated internet links for program activation.
- Default Autoload samples into Note/Loop/Release-Editor and WaveRobot — This important function to see the waveforms of all samples in a multisample just by rolling with the mouse pointer over the dedicated keys is now activated by default. Furthermore, at the same time, all dedicated sample information like length and loop behavior is displayed in an overlay window. For each key-sample individual zoom settings are stored.
- Demo versions — Several new graphical screens and also new Internet links have been included in all demo versions. Furthermore, all restrictions of the demo versions are displayed during program start.
- General improvements of the graphical user interface
SampleRobot and WaveRobot for Windows PC are available at a 20% discount until the end of 2009.
More information: SampleRobot
SKYLIFE has announced SampleRobot 3, the audio sampling software solution for musicians and sound designers.
New in SampleRobot 3
- VST + AU Software Sampler included: Cakewalk Dimension LE, now you are able to play your created instruments right away in your favourite sequencer environment.
- Clever Export Bridge, SampleRobot exports all samples (incl. mapping, release-samples and crossfades) directly to the preset list of Dimension LE.
- WaveRobot 3, whenever you need to find smooth loop transitions in a sample, WaveRobot 3 will do the job for you.
- Graphical Loop Overlay in WaveRobot, overlay the dedicated regions in all zoom settings and create smooth loops with ease.
- Autogain Crossfades, can compensate phase problems and optimize the level in the crossfade area.
- Graphical Adjustment of Sample Ranges, can be adjusted manually using the new Key-Sample Range Selectors. Mapping samples is now a lot more flexible.
- Project Wizard, guides you step by step to get professional samples.
- Project Auto Loader, specify sampling projects that you would like to load automatically at program start.
- Autoload Sample into WaveRobot / NLR, you will never lose the overview.
- Semi-transparent Key-Info Window, roll the mouse pointer over Key-Samples on SampleRobot’s Virtual Keyboard to display all important information about this sample immediately.
- New Export Formats, Cakewalk Dimension (*.prog) and Wav (loop only).
- Adjustable Micro-Fades, a new export option that can render micro-fades into all exported samples at Note-In and Note-Out as well as Release-In and Release-Out.
- Lots more…
SampleRobot 3 will be presented at the NAMM Show in Anaheim, California, from the 17th to the 20th of January 2008.
Visit the SampleRobot website for more information.
SKYLIFE has updated the instrument sampler SampleRobot to version 2.5.
SampleRobot audio software you can “clone” every instrument and turn it into a software instrument automatically. SampleRobot works as a copying machine for instruments featuring advanced recording and auto-loop searching algorithms.
New in v2.5
- Project Wizard – The Project Wizard helps the user to create complex sampling projects very easily.
- Audio Engine – From now on it is possible to record audio from an input with dedicated ASIO driver in all bit depths: 8, 16 and 24 bit.
- Optimized Export Formats – All common software sampler formats are now supported in the Import/Export menu. With version 2.50 the user can export instruments directly to Apple’s Logic Pro EXS 24 (*.sf2), Tascam Gigastudio (*.wav), Emu Emulator X (*.wav), Yellow Tools Independence (*.sf2) and NI Kontakt (*.sf2).
- New Premium SF2 Instruments – After installing SampleRobot, SampleRobot Essentials and WaveRobot the user will receive download tokens for direct access to the SKYLIFE online premium instruments database.
- Quick Help: WaveRobot – Beginners and advanced users will benefit from the new short manual that was added to WaveRobot’s help menu.
- WaveRobot Operation Manual – The comprehensive WaveRobot operation manual (author: Holger Steinbrink) is now completed. Available in English and in German language.
- Many more improvements
SampleRobot costs $329 US / 289 EUR.
Visit the SampleRobot website for more information and a link to download the demo of SampleRobot.
SKYLIFE has updated SampleRobot to version 1.53.
SampleRobot offers fully automatic sampling of real instruments in definable detail. With SampleRobot you can recreate your favorite instruments and sounds via software samplers. You can archive your samples and combine your sounds to completely new virtual instruments.
New Features v1.53
The maximum amount of ASIO In and Out channels per device has been increased from 32 to 256.
- The new “Export Settings” dialog allows optionally converting bit resolution and sampling rates during export for all Samples in a Project.
- There is a new dialog for the function “Export selected Project as WAV-Files”. You can choose between long and short naming which is useful if you are working with samplers that allow only a few characters for the Sample’s name.
- Now the export status dialog known from the SF2 export has been added to all export formats.
- Preset Manager
With the function “Save selected Project as Preset” in the File menu it is now possible to use a normal Project as a template for a Preset. There are 2 options in the dialog to retrieve information from the current Project. “Get Project Name” will rename the Preset to the Project’s name. “Default Description” will add information in the description field about how many layers are involved and the time and size estimation.
- WAV drag and drop
In earlier versions there occurred sometimes an unwanted reset of the MIDI devices after drag and drop. Now all settings remain as adjusted.
There could be naming conflicts before when names were longer than 42 characters. This has been fixed.
If an error occurred during initialization of a MIDI port SampleRobot™ stopped in earlier versions. Now there will be a warning dialog in this case, the dedicated port will be deactivated and SampleRobot™ can be used in a normal way except that defective port.
Check the SampleRobot site for more information.
SampleRobot offers fully automatic sampling of real instruments in definable detail. With SampleRobot you can recreate your favorite instruments and sounds via software samplers. You can archive your samples and combine your sounds to completely new virtual instruments. A futuristic graphical user interface gives you fast, efficient, and logical access to all sampling parameters.
- ASIO 2.1 support
- Sampling of virtual instruments
- Reason NN-XT export
- Preset Manager
- Wave drag and drop fuctionality
- Scalable main window
- New crossfade types and optimizations
- MIDI optimizations
- Export status window for SF2 files
- Automated recording
- Import Single Sample Sound Library
- Selecting MIDI In Device
- Naming convention
Visit the SampleRobot website for more information.