SonicProjects has launched its X-mas Special Sale, offering up to 40% discount plug-ins and bundles.
X-mas Special Sale
- OP-X PRO-II – $110 instead of $179 USD (includes a free license of OP-X PRO standard).
Features separate voice design, 1500 included presets, relative and fetched CC response, seamlessly controllable multimode filter, switchable dual engine effects, chord hold and double mode, 32-modes arpeggiator featuring pedal hold.
- OP-X PRO – $89 instead of $149 USD.
The proven standard for high grade virtual analog synthesis. Separate voice design, morphable multimode filters in SEM style, countless detuning features, pure and fat sound; used and adored by countless top professionals all around the globe.
- OP-X – $59 instead of $99 USD.
Almost a standard now. If this synth is not in your arsenal yet then you really really miss a lot! No other VST synth can deliver these sounds. Very light on CPU for today’s standards. Fantastic rich and fat sounds due to separate voice design which no other VSTi will deliver.
- Stringer 2.0 – $55 instead of $65 USD.
The highest quality sample sets available on the planet from ARP Oni 2, Logan String Melody II and Welson Symphony. Two engines that can be splitted and layered. Play Shine On You Crazy Diamond now!
- V-Machine Bundle – 69 instead of 99 EUR.
An optimized bundle for the SM Pro Audio V-Machine including specially adapted versions of OP-X and Stringer and two effect plugins.
The offers are available until December 31st, 2011.
More information: SonicProjects
SonicProjects has released version 2.0 of the V-Machine Bundle, the analog power package for your V-Machine.
The SonicProjects VM Bundle is a package of adapted versions of OP-X and Stringer plus two effect plugins and pre-configred ready to play banks, exclusively made for the V-Machine and V-Rack.
Changes in V-Machine Bundle 2.0
- Comes as a compact vfxlibrary with new bank format.
- Mac VFX: Easy installation by double-clicking the vfxlibrary.
- No need to replace dlls, automatically switches to built in non-GUI vfxdlls if used in the V-Machine.
- Some new presets in the OP-X bank (some others removed).
- Mapped banks as standard now.
- Stringer: fixed preset radio buttons, now works correctly in 2.0 (old presets need to be re-initialized).
- OP-X: fixed octave radio buttons.
- Latest version of OP-X PC version included (small installation fix for win vista & 7).
The V-Machine Bundle is available to purchase for $149 USD / 99 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: SonicProjects / V-Machine Bundle
SonicProjects has released the OP-X PRO-II, a virtual Oberheim OB-X XPander instrument for Windows and Mac.
OP-X PRO-II is the new top flagship of the OP series and is the consequent continuation of the development of OP-X PRO, based on many collected wishes of our customers and too own new ideas, in order to make it the perfect dream synth. So this is the proof that your ideas and wishes are very important for us and do not end in the wastepaper!
Some of the obvious new features include doubled polyphony, an included patch browser, an effects unit, midi learn and a completely new arpeggiator. But there are also a lot a lot of hidden new features that can be accessed by active GUI zones or multiple button states. This keeps the GUI clean and familiar. Once you’ve got to know these features you’ll see that despite this density the general operation is extremely intuitive and streamlined. A bunch of new one-click quick button calibration features saves a lot of work to handle voice-based settings like tuning trimpots or pans.
All of this is based on countless hours of real working experience, to give as streamlined and intuitive handling as possible. So we’re pretty sure that you will find at least one feature that always has been on top of your wishlist.
OP-X PRO-II is available to purchase in two versions:
- OP-X PRO-II (VST windows, VFX Mac/PC) for the introduction price of $159 USD (regular $179 USD).
- OP-X PRO-II VFX Edition (VFX Mac/PC), $99 USD.
Various upgrade offers are available for OP-X users.
More information: SonicProjects
SonicProjects has announced Easter Special Deals, offering some of its products at a time limited discount.
Easter Special Deals
- OP-X — sensational remake of the legendary Oberheim OB-X. Sale price: $79 USD (regular $99 USD).
- OP-X PRO — based on the OP-X engine while offering a lot of new added features for even enhanced analog feel and a really tremendous sound potential. Sale price: $110 USD (regular $149 USD).
- V-Machine Bundle — a package of adapted versions of OP-X and Stringer plus two effect plugins and pre-configred ready to play banks, exclusively made for the V-Machine and V-Rack. Sale price: 65 EUR (regular 99 EUR).
The Easter Special Deals are available until 5 April, 2010.
More information: SonicProjects
SM Pro Audio has announced MPatch 2.1, a passive volume controller/monitor switcher.
Designed to provide true passive analog control over studio monitoring systems—thereby eliminating the loss of bit-depth associated with digital attenuation—the third-generation MPatch 2.1 features dual inputs with independent volume controls, a newly-designed master attenuator utilizing state-of-the-art 0.5% tolerance SMD resistors, a headphone output with separate volume control, and a subwoofer output with variable crossover. Both balanced combination XLR / 1/4” TRS and unbalanced RCA inputs are provided, with input selection, mute, stereo/mono summing operation, and subwoofer in/out selectable from the front panel.
MPatch 2.1 features
- Dual L/R Balanced Combination XLR–1/4” TRS Inputs
- Dual L/R Unbalanced RCA Inputs
- Dual 1/8” (3.5mm) TRS Stereo Inputs
- Dual Balanced XLR Master Outputs
- Dual Balanced XLR L/R Outputs
- Balanced XLR Subwoofer Output with Optional Variable Crossover
- L/R Balanced Sub/Crossover Returns
- Three Independent Rotary Analog
- Stereo Volume Controls
- 1/4” TRS Stereo Headphone Output
- Headphone Volume Control
- 1/4” TS Remote Mute Input
- Five Output Selector Switches with Mutes
- Stereo/Mono Summing Switch
- Master Mute Switch
Designed for desktop or rack-mount use, the MPatch 2.1 carries a suggested retail price of $199.99 USD.
More information: SM Pro Audio / MPatch
SM Pro Audio has released the Nano Patch+, a passive volume controller.
The Nano Patch+ really comes into its own when connected between your computer audio interface/soundcard master outputs and a pair of active (powered) monitor speakers. One of the benefits of passive volume attenuation is that you no longer have to control volumes with your software’s master volume fader. Reducing levels from your software only reduces the audio bit depth. It is much more appropriate to keep your software masters at unity and attenuate the audio to your active monitors with a passive controller like the Nano Patch+. This way you can maintain maximum audio resolution and attenuate your monitoring volume with the confidence that the sonic integrity of your audio is not compromised.
Nano Patch+ features
- Super compact 2 channel analog passive volume control.
- Rotary volume attenuation control.
- Mute button.
- Completely transparent operation.
- No power required.
- 2 x combo inputs (balanced and unbalanced).
- 2 x TRS outputs (balanced and unbalanced).
- 1 x Mini jack I/O.
- Available in black and silver.
The Nano Patch+ is available for purchase for an MRSP of 54 EUR / $79 USD.
More information: SM Audio / Nano Patch+
SonicProjects has released released the VM Bundle, a package of adapted versions of OP-X and Stringer plus two effect plugins and pre-configred ready to play banks, exclusively made for the V-Machine and V-Rack.
The standard versions already could be gotten to work in the V-Machine with the help of complicated wizard files but with less than satisfying results. Some patches did max out the CPU completely with all known consequences like crackling and drop outs. Some patches have barely worked, but not to think of adding any effects. A further problem was preset change, which everytime completely unloads and reloads the plugin. OP-X didn’t like this at all because its oscillators are free running and zeroing them on every preset change did also reset the phases to zero which could result in a short “phasing” after preset change until the oscillators have found their own individual phase.
That’s why we took the effort to analyze the plugins and their behaviour within the V-Machine in order to adapt them for this new host, with astonishing results. With a long list of small changes we were able to reduce the CPU consumption by almost 50%(!) and change the startup behaviour to be immune to the repeated reloads. Furthermore all not needed GUI functions like keyboard animation were deactivated and the internal patches number in OP-X increased to 128, containing a selection of the best patches of the whole library.
VM Bundle includes
- OP-X – The adapted V-Machine version of OP-X, which is an extremely versatile polyphonic VA synth featuring the renowned Separate Voice Design (SVD). It’s capable of emulating a variety of famous classic analog synths in unparalleled authenticity.
- Stringer – The adapted V-Machine version of Stringer which is a sample based emulation of the classic vintage string ensembles ARP Omni/Solina, Logan String Melody II and Welson Symphony. The samples were recorded with high end equipment.
- SimpleDelay – A simple delay plugin optimized for synth sounds exclusively developped for the VM Bundle with very low cpu consumption.
- SimpleDelay – A simple reverb plugin offering three basic parameters and some useful presets exclusively developped for the VM Bundle with very low cpu consumption.
The VM Bundle is available for purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD / 75 EUR (regular price is $149 USD). The bundle also contains the standard PC VST version of OP-X (so you will have reduced price on upgrades and coming new products).
Visit SonicProjects for more information.
SM Pro Audio has released a public beta of VFX Mac, offering built-in support for VST plug‐ins originally intended for use on the Windows operating system.
The VFX Application for Mac leverages some of the benefits of Wine to enable support for Windows VST plug‐in files. Wine is a translation layer (a program loader) capable of running Windows applications on POSIX compatible operating systems. Windows programs running in Wine act as native programs would, running without the performance or memory usage penalties of an emulator, with a similar look and feel to other applications on your desktop.
Our application development team has built a Mac OSX compliant application that accesses a Virtual Machine (using elements of Wine) to facilitate the installation and running of Windows VST Plug‐ins.
Make sure to check the manual addendum for details on differences between the Mac beta and the PC release, in addition to known limitations.
Visit SM Pro Audio for more information.