Magnus at Smartelectronix has set free Ambience, a reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Ambience is a reverb that rivals the quality of the best commercial reverbs.
- Separate dry/wet controls (set direct to -inf to use as a send effect.
- Reverb time & room size parameters.
- Predelay to set the amount of delay between the direct sound and the onset of the first echoes.
- Width control for setting mono/wide stereo.
- Quality knob for lower CPU usage (is less quality).
- Variation button creates a new variant of the same room.
- Damping section for bass and treble (control the decay time).
- EQ section for filtering frequencies.
- Gating allows the reverb to follow the dynamics of the audio input.
- Hold button freezes current sound.
- Diffusion for subtle effect on the sound. It is especially noticable with small room sizes.
A nag-free version of Ambience is available to download as a donationware effect plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU; 32bit/64bit).
More information: Magnus’ Plugins / Ambience
The Mda effect plug-ins have been updated.
Source code for “mda” audio processing plug-ins in VST format. Available for many years as closed-source freeware from mda-vst.com
Changes in this release
- Fixed some Splitter/Detune preset issues (came up here in September last year for those who were involved).
- Some changes and additions to the source build scripts.
- New plugin builds: Windows (32 and 64-bit), Linux (32-bit), OSX (Universal Binary with 32/64-bit Intel + 32-bit PPC).
More information: mda-vst
Mdsp @ Smartelectronix has released updates for a number of plug-ins.
MdspDuckVerb, MdspDuckDelay, AnalogDelay, and MdspFlanger are now all available as 32-bit Universal Binary for Mac VST.
Updated Mdsp plug-ins
- MdspDuckDelay, a delay whose output is compressed when there is a certain amount of signal present on its input. It allows to use a lot of delay on a voice without losing too much intelligibility.
- MdspDuckVerb, similar to DuckDelay but with a reverb. The reverb output is compressed when there is a certain amount of signal present on its input. It allows to use a lot of wet signal on a voice without losing too much intelligibility.
- AnalogDelay, consists of a delay unit followed by a 2nd order lowpass filter with saturation. The delay-time can evolve between 0 and max-delay which lets you be very accurate. You can also synchronise the delay to the tempo with different resolutions from 1/128 to 1 bar and control the way the delay-time is interpolated with the kind of interpolation and the time-constant.
- MdspFlanger, “another flanger” with the particularity that the LFO is synchronizable to the tempo with different waveforms (triangle, sin, square, triangle exponential, random…) and a smoothing factor for the waveform, so that you can achieve some new effects not available on classical flangers.
Mdsp effect plug-ins are available to download as freeware. Donations are appreciated.
More information: Mdsp @ Smartelectronix
Paul from mda-vst@smartelectronix has released the source code of his VST plug-ins.
As I don’t have time to maintain or develop the “mda” freeware plug-ins any more, but I don’t want them to die when 32-bit VST 2.x plug-ins are finally obsolete, I have released the source code.
mda-vst has released many freeware plug-ins over the years, including the mda JX-10, DX-10, Piano and ePiano instruments and a host of effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
The source code is are licensed under a MIT/GNU license and can be downloaded from SourceForge.
Visit the mda-vst site for more information on the individual plug-ins.
ToTc Productions has created 8 quality patches for Antti’s freeware Taurus bass pedal synth.
The download includes 5 bass patches, 2 leads and 1 sound effects patch.
Taurus ToTc 8 Pack
Downloads: 840 times
Looking for more? Check all patches by ToTc Productions or for Taurus
Stewart Henderson made a few preset banks for ASynth by Antti @ Smartelectronix .
ASynth is a six voice virtual analog synthesizer featuring two oscillators and three circuit modeled filters. It is available as donationware (there is a nagscreen on startup).
The download below contains 5 banks of 64 presets each, including many bass, lead and pad presets.
Downloads: 1003 times
Looking for more? Check all patches by Stewart Henderson or for ASynth
Fire is an effect plug-in recently created by mdsp (Smartelectronix) for the KRV Developer Challenge. I hadn’t mentioned this plug-in before, but it does some pretty cool stuff so check it out.
Fire is a sort of multitap delay with panning and controllable morphing between settings. Instead of controlling each echo separately, there are a bunch of parametrized functions that you can use to generate various kinds of effects.
If anyone is interested in doing an A/B with Fire on a loop or something send me the result and I’ll post it.
Fire is available as VST for Windows and VST/AU for MacOSX UniversalBinary (AU only seems to work on ppc). Visit mdsp@smartelectronix for a link to download Fire.
Koen Tanghe @ Smartelectronix has released KTDrumTrigger v1.0b5, a VST plugin with custom editor that triggers MIDI notes based on the sound level of the incoming audio stream in different frequency bands.
It allows you to “detect” occurrences of percussive sounds in an audio stream and send out a MIDI event whenever that happens.
Changes for version 1.0b5:
- sharper filters
- support for 24 channels
- possibility to enable/disable channels
Note: Presets are incompatible with previous versions.
Visit Koen Tanghe @ Smartelectronix for more information and a link to download KTDrumTrigger v1.0b5.