Magnus at Smartelectronix has set free Ambience, a reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Ambience is a reverb that rivals the quality of the best commercial reverbs.
- Separate dry/wet controls (set direct to -inf to use as a send effect.
- Reverb time & room size parameters.
- Predelay to set the amount of delay between the direct sound and the onset of the first echoes.
- Width control for setting mono/wide stereo.
- Quality knob for lower CPU usage (is less quality).
- Variation button creates a new variant of the same room.
- Damping section for bass and treble (control the decay time).
- EQ section for filtering frequencies.
- Gating allows the reverb to follow the dynamics of the audio input.
- Hold button freezes current sound.
- Diffusion for subtle effect on the sound. It is especially noticable with small room sizes.
A nag-free version of Ambience is available to download as a donationware effect plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU; 32bit/64bit).
More information: Magnus’ Plugins / Ambience
The Mda effect plug-ins have been updated.
Source code for “mda” audio processing plug-ins in VST format. Available for many years as closed-source freeware from mda-vst.com
Changes in this release
- Fixed some Splitter/Detune preset issues (came up here in September last year for those who were involved).
- Some changes and additions to the source build scripts.
- New plugin builds: Windows (32 and 64-bit), Linux (32-bit), OSX (Universal Binary with 32/64-bit Intel + 32-bit PPC).
More information: mda-vst
Mdsp @ Smartelectronix has released updates for a number of plug-ins.
MdspDuckVerb, MdspDuckDelay, AnalogDelay, and MdspFlanger are now all available as 32-bit Universal Binary for Mac VST.
Updated Mdsp plug-ins
- MdspDuckDelay, a delay whose output is compressed when there is a certain amount of signal present on its input. It allows to use a lot of delay on a voice without losing too much intelligibility.
- MdspDuckVerb, similar to DuckDelay but with a reverb. The reverb output is compressed when there is a certain amount of signal present on its input. It allows to use a lot of wet signal on a voice without losing too much intelligibility.
- AnalogDelay, consists of a delay unit followed by a 2nd order lowpass filter with saturation. The delay-time can evolve between 0 and max-delay which lets you be very accurate. You can also synchronise the delay to the tempo with different resolutions from 1/128 to 1 bar and control the way the delay-time is interpolated with the kind of interpolation and the time-constant.
- MdspFlanger, “another flanger” with the particularity that the LFO is synchronizable to the tempo with different waveforms (triangle, sin, square, triangle exponential, random…) and a smoothing factor for the waveform, so that you can achieve some new effects not available on classical flangers.
Mdsp effect plug-ins are available to download as freeware. Donations are appreciated.
More information: Mdsp @ Smartelectronix
Paul from mda-vst@smartelectronix has released the source code of his VST plug-ins.
As I don’t have time to maintain or develop the “mda” freeware plug-ins any more, but I don’t want them to die when 32-bit VST 2.x plug-ins are finally obsolete, I have released the source code.
mda-vst has released many freeware plug-ins over the years, including the mda JX-10, DX-10, Piano and ePiano instruments and a host of effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
The source code is are licensed under a MIT/GNU license and can be downloaded from SourceForge.
Visit the mda-vst site for more information on the individual plug-ins.
ToTc Productions has created 8 quality patches for Antti’s freeware Taurus bass pedal synth.
The download includes 5 bass patches, 2 leads and 1 sound effects patch.
Taurus ToTc 8 Pack
Downloads: 912 times
Looking for more? Check all patches by ToTc Productions or for Taurus
This page contains patches and sound banks for Augur by Antti @ Smartelectronix. Augur is a Prophet VS clone. The latest build (2.7.2005) can be downloaded here. Download patches/sound banks ID Title Sound designer 607 … read more
This page contains patches and sound banks for Taurus by Antti @ Smartelectronix. Download patches/sound banks ID Title Sound designer 418 Taurus ToTc 8 Pack ToTc Productions 94 KRM Taurus 16 Kriminal Find more patches … read more
Stewart Henderson made a few preset banks for ASynth by Antti @ Smartelectronix . ASynth is a six voice virtual analog synthesizer featuring two oscillators and three circuit modeled filters. It is available as donationware … read more
This page contains patches and sound banks for ASynth by Antti @ Smartelectronix . Download patches/sound banks ID Title Sound designer 75 KRM ASynth 19 Kriminal 65 ASynth Stewart Stewart Henderson Find more patches by … read more
This page contains patches and sound banks for Foorius by dmi@smartelectronix. Download patches/sound banks ID Title Sound designer 22 TC-Foo Tim Conrardy Find more patches by sound designers, plug-ins or check the latest additions.
Fire is an effect plug-in recently created by mdsp (Smartelectronix) for the KRV Developer Challenge. I hadn’t mentioned this plug-in before, but it does some pretty cool stuff so check it out. Fire is a … read more
Koen Tanghe @ Smartelectronix has released KTDrumTrigger v1.0b5, a VST plugin with custom editor that triggers MIDI notes based on the sound level of the incoming audio stream in different frequency bands. It allows you … read more
mdsp has released LiveCut v0.9. Livecut is based on BBCut the BreakBeat Cutting library written by Nick Collins for SuperCollider. LiveCut is a live beat-slicer but instead of manipulating equal chunks of audio like most … read more
Magnus @ Smartelectronix has updated MjCompressor, a single band compressor with a very transparent sound, due to responding with varying speed as appropriate for the input frequency content. New attack and release are now separate … read more
Annti @ Smartelectronix has updated Taurus to beta 4. It now comes with a (pretty sweet) GUI. Taurus is a virtual recreation of famous bass pedals from the 70’s. Things modelled in beta 4 Alias … read more
mdsp @ Smartelectronix has released DuckVerb, a plug-in simular to DuckDelay but with a reverb. The reverb output is compressed when there is a certain amount of signal present on its input. It allows to … read more
mdsp @ Smartelectronix has updated AnalogDelay to version 1.0.1. AnalogDelay consist in a delay unit followed by a 2nd order lowpass filter with saturation. The delay-time can evolve between 0 and max-delay which lets you … read more
Antti (SmartElectronix) has released a new beta of Taurus. Taurus is a virtual recreation of famous bass pedals from 70’s. It does not have a GUI yet. New in beta 3 Alias free oscillators Finite … read more