Softube has announced Compressor Craze, offering a 40% discount on its compressor effect plug-ins for a limited time.
Grab Softube’s compressors at a great price during our Compressor Craze!
Have you compressed something lately? Chances are you have—and chances are you are going to again. So here’s your opportunity to get a taste of what Softube’s compressors can do for you and your tracks.
Until May 13, we’ll offer our compressors at 40% off. That goes for our AAX, VST and Audio Units versions, as well as for our Reason Rack Extensions compressors. The offer is valid both at Softube’s own webstore and at our dealers across the world.
The sale ends May 13th, 2014.
More information: Softube
Softube has released version 2.1.6 of the Console 1 software for Mac OS X, including CPU optimizations and bug fixes.
Current owners of Softube plug-ins, in particular Console 1 owners, are advised to download and install the new software version. The update includes improvements and bug fixes, mainly for Console 1 but also slight CPU improvements to the entire Softube product line.
Changes in v2.1.6
- Updated with GUI bug fixes. Fixes problems with line breaks in dialogs, and affects track meters.
- Console 1 OSD: Changed help texts in All mode, changed ugly-looking ellipsis in Group text.
- Console 1 OSD: The left (instead) of right meter is used in mono mode. Looks better that way.
- Console 1 OSD: Curves filtering now as fast as the rest of the GUI.
- Apply pre-2.1.6 Console 1 overhead optimizations to other plug-ins.
- Summit Audio EQF-100: Implement curve display for Console 1.
- Console 1: Fix bug where switching between running a plug-in in mono and stereo would not update mono/stereo state in OSD correctly.
- Console 1: Fix Pro Tools compare button bugs when comparing against Factory Default setting.
- Optimizations in parameter handling, sidechain overhead, bypass overhead, VST 2 interface overhead, and some DSP code.
- Code cleanups.
- Console 1 SSL 4000 Dynamic Shaper: Correct stereo merge bug, optimize.
- Console 1: Optimize overhead when sections are turned off.
- FET Compressor/Tonelux Tilt/Tonelux Tilt Live: Apply various optimizations from Console 1.
- [2.1.5] Console 1: Fix Filters to Compressor and External Sidechain to Compressor bug.
- [2.1.5] Console 1 plug-in: Fix a small memory leak.
- [2.1.4] All plug-ins: Fix a possible crash when multiple plug-in windows for a single plug-in type are open at the same time and one of them is closed.
- [2.1.4] Console 1 OSD: Fix a small memory leak.
- [2.1.3] Console 1: Fix a bug relating to shape meter, compressor meter, and audio malfunctions in some situations when running at other sample frequencies than 44.1 kHz in certain DAWs.
- [2.1.3] Console 1: Turn off All when going out of Load Strip/Shape/EQ/Compressor or History mode.
The new software version is now available to download from Softube.
More information: Softube
Related: audio interface
, channel strip
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Mar 13, 2014 - 0 comments
Universal Audio has announced new Analog Classics plug-in bundles for its award-winning Apollo interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards.
Building upon the original Analog Classics bundle — which is still offered on select UAD-2 titles— the reconfigured Analog Classics line adds new industry-leading analog emulation plug-ins such as the 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ Plug-In to new Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 PCIe and Satellite DSP Accelerator Cards.
2014 Analog Classics Bundle Lineup for UAD-2 and Apollo
- Analog Classics Bundle (Free with new UAD-2 PCIe SOLO/DUO and Satellite DUOs) – Featuring legacy versions of UA’s flagship 1176 and Teletronix LA-2A compressors and the Pultec EQP-1A and Pultec Pro equalizers, the Analog Classics bundle also features the popular RealVerb Pro and CS-1 channel strip.
- Analog Classics Plus Bundle (Free with new UAD-2 PCIe QUAD/OCTO and Satellite QUADs) – This new bundle includes all of the plug-ins in the Analog Classics bundle, plus the new 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, legacy Fairchild 670 Compressor, and UA Precision Enhancer Hz plug-ins.
- Realtime Analog Classics Bundle (Free with new Apollo Twin SOLO/DUOs) – The new Realtime Analog Classics bundle features all of the plug-ins in the Analog Classics bundle plus UA’s new 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ plug-in and vintage guitar and bass amp emulations from Softube — both of which work seamlessly with Apollo’s onboard Realtime UAD processing.
- Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle (Free with new Apollo DUO/QUAD and Apollo 16s) – This new bundle includes all of the plug-ins in the Realtime Analog Classics bundle, plus the legacy Fairchild 670 Compressor and UA Precision Enhancer Hz plug-ins.
More information: Universal Audio
, Solid State Logic
Posted in news
on Feb 13, 2014 - 4 comments
Softube has announced the release of its Console 1 computer based audio mixing solution for Windows and Mac.
Console 1 will not only give you the world-class sound of the included Solid State Logic SL 4000 E model, but also the analog workflow of using physical knobs and buttons when you mix.
Console 1 is all about great sound and intuitive, hands-on control.
Console 1 features
- Next generation mixer.
- Tightly integrated hardware/software system.
- Solid State Logic SL 4000 E model included.
- Hands-on control and intuitive workflow.
- Use with any major DAW.
- Parametric equalizer, compressor, gate, transient shaper, high/low cut filters and harmonics/distortion.
- Customize the channel by adding any Softube equalizer or dynamics plug-in.
- The system will run and the settings can be adjusted without having the hardware connected.
Console 1 has a list price of $1,099 USD / 849 EUR, with an expected street price of $999 USD / 799 EUR (including 19% sales tax).
More information: Softube / Console 1
, Abbey Road
, effect plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Nov 29, 2013 - 0 comments
Softube has announced that the Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack is now part of its product family and ready for all major plug-in formats, including AAX 64 bit.
Today will be a brighter day! The Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack is now part of Softube’s product family and ready for all major plug-in formats, including AAX 64 bit. The new version is free to current Brilliance Pack owners, and offered at a generous introductory price to everybody else!
The Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack consists of three unique treble equalizers, built and used at Abbey Road studios in the 1960′s. We at Softube originally developed the plug-in pack for Abbey Road, and following the recent news that Abbey Road will not continue offering their plug-ins, we are now incorporating it in Softube’s product roster.
The plug-ins have been rebuilt and updated to version 2.0, and also works for Pro Tools 11 (AAX 64 bit).
The Brilliance Pack is available to purchase for $219 USD, with an introductory price of $164 USD until January 9th, 2014. Current owners of an original license for Brilliance Pack can transfer that license into a Softube one with the Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack upgrade.
More information: Softube / Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack
Softube has announced version 2.0 of its plug-ins, offering support for AAX 64-bit across the entire product line.
Furthermore, all plug-ins have been completely redone from the ground up utilizing the latest CPU techniques available, and most of them show a vastly improved CPU performance for all plug-in formats. The prices remain the same and the upgrade is free to current Softube users.
While Pro Tools 11 users will be happy to hear that Softube’s plug-ins are now available in AAX 64 bit versions and fully compatible with Pro Tools 11, they are not the only ones to get good news today.
One of Softube’s most popular plug-ins, Tube-Tech Classic Channel, now has a decreased CPU usage of circa 50% – meaning you can use almost twice as many instances as you could before at the same load of your computer’s processor. Summit Audio Grand Channel shows a circa 40% decrease while Vintage Amp Room, Bass Amp Room, Valley People Dyna-mite and Trident A-Range typically use 25-35% less CPU power compared to the previous versions. These examples are all for using the plug-ins in stereo and at 44.1 kHz sample rate.
Softube plug-ins v2.0
- Same world class sound as before.
- Vastly improved CPU performance for most plug-ins on all plug-in formats.
- AAX 64 bit support.
- Free upgrade.
- Unchanged prices.
- 20 day trial license available to all (requires iLok).
The 2.0 update is now available to download to Softube plug-in users.
More information: Softube
Softube has announced the release of Tube Delay Rack Extension, a delay effect for Propellerhead Reason.
Front and back panel of the Tube Delay for Reason.
Tube Delay combines the versatility of a digital delay with a world class model of tube distortion.
It can distort both the original signal and the delay signal separately, and also incorporates a great model of a passive Treble and Bass filter.
The sound and workflow is identical to the VST, AAX, RTAS and AU versions which are already available for other DAW platforms.
Tube Delay features
- 1-1000 ms delay.
- Sync tempo to host.
- Vintage style passive EQ.
- Gritty feedback feature.
- Tube preamp simulaton.
The Tube Delay Rack Extension is available to purchase for $79 USD / 65 EUR.
More information: Softube / Tube Delay RE
Softube has announced that its Spring Reverb is now available in the Rack Extensions format for Propellerheads Reason.
Spring Reverb is an authentic spring reverb recreation that will add vintage character and grit to any audio track.
It also includes novel features such as a fully automatable Shake control that will shake the virtual springs around for those thunderous spring effects.
Get some recognizable character in your mix with the Spring Reverb!
Spring Reverb RE is available to purchase for $79 USD / 65 EUR.
More information: Softube / Spring Reverb RE