Gobbler has announced its Gobblerama referral contest.
Gobbler is offering over $10,000 in prizes from Universal Audio, Telefunken, Focusrite and others, just for inviting your friends!
Throughout the month of May, Gobbler customers who get the greatest number of friends to sign up for Gobbler will win audio hardware and software prizes every week. The grand prize, a Universal Audio 1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier, will be awarded when the contest ends, May 28th. Daily prizes from Groove3, Slate Digital, Softube, and others will also be given away randomly – just for entering!
More information: Gobbler
Posted in news
on Apr 10, 2013
Softube has introduced Console 1, an integrated hardware/software music mixing solution.
The hardware controller of Softube’s Console 1 mixing solution.
Sound. Workflow. Control. Softube Console 1 is an integrated hardware/software music mixing solution which includes a rugged hardware controller and a modeled analog console channel with some unique additions.
Use the system with any major DAW and enjoy the biggest advantages from digital and analog mixing environments—plus a few new ones.
The UK 4k for Console 1, a brand new Softube model of a mixer channel from a classic large-frame British console from the late 1970′s.
Console 1 features
- Integrated hardware/software music mixing solution.
- World-class analog channel simulation.
- Softube’s new modeled analog mixer is included, UK 4k for Console 1.
- Hands-on control and intuitive workflow.
- Use with any DAW.
- Four-band equalizer, compressor, emulated analog console saturation and unique Dynamic Shaper.
- Built-in sidechain and parallel compression with all Softube compressors.
- Customize the channel by adding any Softube plug-in.
Console 1 will initially be available for Mac OS X. It is scheduled to be released after the summer of 2013.
More information: Softube / Console 1
Related: compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Steve Levine
, Summit Audio
Posted in news
on Mar 06, 2013
Softube has announced its Spring Sale, offering up to 33% off Steve Levine’s favorite Softube plug-ins.
Grab Steve Levine’s four favorite Softube plug-ins at a great discount!
From March 6 to April 10, Summit Audio Grand Channel, FET Compressor, Spring Reverb and Tube Delay will be on a special price here in our web store and at our dealers around the World.
Softube Spring Sale
- Summit Audio Grand Channel: $219 ($329)
- FET Compressor: $164 ($219)
- Tube Delay: $66 ($99)
- Spring Reverb: $66 ($99)
The sale ends April 10th, 2013.
More information: Softube
Universal Audio has announced the release of version 6.5 of its UAD Powered Plug-Ins software.
Software update version 6.5 introduces new Teletronix, API & Softube plug-ins.
The UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins platform offers the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins for Mac and PC. Powered by our popular DSP Accelerator hardware, UAD-2 plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
From rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines, UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins inject three-dimensional “out-of-the-box” analog sound to your in-the-box mixes.
New in UAD Powered Plug-Ins v6.5
- Teletronix® LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection plug-ins.
- API® 500 Series EQ Collection plug-ins.
- Softube® Vintage Amp Room plug-in.
- Softube® Bass Amp Room plug-in.
- Softube® Metal Amp Room plug-in.
- Full 64-bit architecture (Mac/Win).
- For additional UAD v6.5 software notes, click here.
More information: Universal Audio / UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Universal Audio has announced the debut of Softube’s Vintage Amp Room, Metal Amp Room, Bass Amp Room, and Acoustic Feedback Deluxe plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo High-Resolution Audio Interface.
Softube’s Vintage, Metal & Bass Amp Room Plug-ins.
With the addition of renowned Softube Amp Room plug-ins to the UAD platform, owners of UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware now have industry-leading guitar and bass amp modeling at their fingertips. And, when used with the award-winning Apollo Audio Interface, the Softube Amp Room plug-ins allow musicians and producers to jam, write, and record through stunning guitar or bass sounds with near-zero latency.
“We’re delighted to see our very popular Amp Room products finding their way to the UAD platform,” says Softube Product Manager, Niklas Odelholm. “They are a perfect match for Apollo, where you can use Amp Room for directly recording guitar, bass, electric pianos, and other instruments through these world-class amplifiers.”
“It’s extraordinary to have Softube onboard as a UAD Direct Development partner,” says UA CEO and Founder Bill Putnam, Jr. “The Amp Room plug-ins are truly best-in-class, and will put some very inspiring tools in the hands of UAD and Apollo users.”
Softube’s Acoustic Feeback Deluxe Plug-In.
Available as part of an upcoming UAD Software release, the following plug-ins and bundles will be available for purchase via UA’s Online Store:
- Softube Vintage Amp Room — $199US
- Three versatile and classic vintage amps from the 1960s.
- White amp model delivers classic, distorted rock n’ roll grit.
- Brown amp model provides warm clean tones, breaking up at higher volumes.
- Green amp model offers chimey-to-distorted tones, plus vibrato/tremolo.
- Detailed speaker cabinet modeling with adjustable stereo mic positioning.
- Softube Metal Amp Room — $149US
- Extreme high gain amplifier model delivers burly, aggressive metal guitar sound.
- Two speaker cabinet models with fully adjustable stereo mic positioning.
- Fast, program-dependent one-knob noise gate — ideal for palm muting.
- Softube Bass Amp Room — $149US
- Superior model of a versatile 1970s bass amplifier.
- Thick, solid preamp distortion and power amp distortion at extreme settings.
- Includes three distinctive speaker cabinets (Classic, Rocker, and Oddbird) with adjustable stereo mic positioning.
- Separate DI controls allow for blending of direct vs. amped signal.
- Softube Amp Room Bundle — $299US
- The ultimate collection of Softube Amp Room plug-ins for UAD-2 and Apollo hardware.
- Vintage Amp Room showcases three iconic guitar amps from the 1960s.
- Metal Amp Room adds raw, aggressive metal guitar sound to any recording.
- Bass Amp Room delivers the dead-on sound of a classic 1970s bass amp.
- Softube Acoustic Feedback Deluxe — $149US
- True physical modeling of rich, inspiring guitar feedback effect.
- Fully responsive to vibrato, bends, slides, and more.
- Simple controls for level, tolerance, harmonics and subharmonics.
More information: Universal Audio