Softube has announced its Super Summer Sale, offering all its plug-ins at a 50% discount for a limited time.
Yes—even up here in Sweden it’s summer, and we celebrate that with a huge summer sale! Huge? Yes, huge. We’re talking a whopping 50 percent off the entire roster of plug-ins!
You heard that right, ladies and gentlemen: that’s half price on it all, the only exceptions being bundles, upgrades and TDM plug-ins. Propellerheads Reason users will be glad to hear we’re also discounting our Rack Extensions, which are 30 percent off. The madness continues until July 16, and the sale price is valid at all our authorized dealers and in the More Is More Webstore.
The sale ends July 16th, 2013.
More information: Softube
Gobbler has announced its Gobblerama referral contest.
Gobbler is offering over $10,000 in prizes from Universal Audio, Telefunken, Focusrite and others, just for inviting your friends!
Throughout the month of May, Gobbler customers who get the greatest number of friends to sign up for Gobbler will win audio hardware and software prizes every week. The grand prize, a Universal Audio 1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier, will be awarded when the contest ends, May 28th. Daily prizes from Groove3, Slate Digital, Softube, and others will also be given away randomly – just for entering!
More information: Gobbler
Posted in news
on Apr 10, 2013 - 0 comments
Softube has introduced Console 1, an integrated hardware/software music mixing solution.
The hardware controller of Softube’s Console 1 mixing solution.
Sound. Workflow. Control. Softube Console 1 is an integrated hardware/software music mixing solution which includes a rugged hardware controller and a modeled analog console channel with some unique additions.
Use the system with any major DAW and enjoy the biggest advantages from digital and analog mixing environments—plus a few new ones.
The UK 4k for Console 1, a brand new Softube model of a mixer channel from a classic large-frame British console from the late 1970′s.
Console 1 features
- Integrated hardware/software music mixing solution.
- World-class analog channel simulation.
- Softube’s new modeled analog mixer is included, UK 4k for Console 1.
- Hands-on control and intuitive workflow.
- Use with any DAW.
- Four-band equalizer, compressor, emulated analog console saturation and unique Dynamic Shaper.
- Built-in sidechain and parallel compression with all Softube compressors.
- Customize the channel by adding any Softube plug-in.
Console 1 will initially be available for Mac OS X. It is scheduled to be released after the summer of 2013.
More information: Softube / Console 1
Related: compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Steve Levine
, Summit Audio
Posted in news
on Mar 06, 2013 - 0 comments
Softube has announced its Spring Sale, offering up to 33% off Steve Levine’s favorite Softube plug-ins.
Grab Steve Levine’s four favorite Softube plug-ins at a great discount!
From March 6 to April 10, Summit Audio Grand Channel, FET Compressor, Spring Reverb and Tube Delay will be on a special price here in our web store and at our dealers around the World.
Softube Spring Sale
- Summit Audio Grand Channel: $219 ($329)
- FET Compressor: $164 ($219)
- Tube Delay: $66 ($99)
- Spring Reverb: $66 ($99)
The sale ends April 10th, 2013.
More information: Softube
Universal Audio has announced the release of version 6.5 of its UAD Powered Plug-Ins software.
Software update version 6.5 introduces new Teletronix, API & Softube plug-ins.
The UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins platform offers the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins for Mac and PC. Powered by our popular DSP Accelerator hardware, UAD-2 plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
From rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines, UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins inject three-dimensional “out-of-the-box” analog sound to your in-the-box mixes.
New in UAD Powered Plug-Ins v6.5
- Teletronix® LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection plug-ins.
- API® 500 Series EQ Collection plug-ins.
- Softube® Vintage Amp Room plug-in.
- Softube® Bass Amp Room plug-in.
- Softube® Metal Amp Room plug-in.
- Full 64-bit architecture (Mac/Win).
- For additional UAD v6.5 software notes, click here.
More information: Universal Audio / UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Universal Audio has announced the debut of Softube’s Vintage Amp Room, Metal Amp Room, Bass Amp Room, and Acoustic Feedback Deluxe plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo High-Resolution Audio Interface.
Softube’s Vintage, Metal & Bass Amp Room Plug-ins.
With the addition of renowned Softube Amp Room plug-ins to the UAD platform, owners of UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware now have industry-leading guitar and bass amp modeling at their fingertips. And, when used with the award-winning Apollo Audio Interface, the Softube Amp Room plug-ins allow musicians and producers to jam, write, and record through stunning guitar or bass sounds with near-zero latency.
“We’re delighted to see our very popular Amp Room products finding their way to the UAD platform,” says Softube Product Manager, Niklas Odelholm. “They are a perfect match for Apollo, where you can use Amp Room for directly recording guitar, bass, electric pianos, and other instruments through these world-class amplifiers.”
“It’s extraordinary to have Softube onboard as a UAD Direct Development partner,” says UA CEO and Founder Bill Putnam, Jr. “The Amp Room plug-ins are truly best-in-class, and will put some very inspiring tools in the hands of UAD and Apollo users.”
Softube’s Acoustic Feeback Deluxe Plug-In.
Available as part of an upcoming UAD Software release, the following plug-ins and bundles will be available for purchase via UA’s Online Store:
- Softube Vintage Amp Room — $199US
- Three versatile and classic vintage amps from the 1960s.
- White amp model delivers classic, distorted rock n’ roll grit.
- Brown amp model provides warm clean tones, breaking up at higher volumes.
- Green amp model offers chimey-to-distorted tones, plus vibrato/tremolo.
- Detailed speaker cabinet modeling with adjustable stereo mic positioning.
- Softube Metal Amp Room — $149US
- Extreme high gain amplifier model delivers burly, aggressive metal guitar sound.
- Two speaker cabinet models with fully adjustable stereo mic positioning.
- Fast, program-dependent one-knob noise gate — ideal for palm muting.
- Softube Bass Amp Room — $149US
- Superior model of a versatile 1970s bass amplifier.
- Thick, solid preamp distortion and power amp distortion at extreme settings.
- Includes three distinctive speaker cabinets (Classic, Rocker, and Oddbird) with adjustable stereo mic positioning.
- Separate DI controls allow for blending of direct vs. amped signal.
- Softube Amp Room Bundle — $299US
- The ultimate collection of Softube Amp Room plug-ins for UAD-2 and Apollo hardware.
- Vintage Amp Room showcases three iconic guitar amps from the 1960s.
- Metal Amp Room adds raw, aggressive metal guitar sound to any recording.
- Bass Amp Room delivers the dead-on sound of a classic 1970s bass amp.
- Softube Acoustic Feedback Deluxe — $149US
- True physical modeling of rich, inspiring guitar feedback effect.
- Fully responsive to vibrato, bends, slides, and more.
- Simple controls for level, tolerance, harmonics and subharmonics.
More information: Universal Audio
, audio interface
, Pro Tools
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Jan 24, 2013 - 0 comments
Universal Audio has unveiled numerous future enhancements for its award-winning Apollo High-Resolution Interface — turning the popular unit into a scalable system capable of recording larger music projects on both Mac and Windows 7 machines.
Among the new Apollo interface features slated for delivery in the first half of 2013 is multi-unit cascading, which combines two Apollo interfaces into a single elegant system via FireWire or Thunderbolt. Multi-unit cascading provides simultaneous use of 16 analog inputs / outputs, including eight Apollo mic preamps, plus 12 digital inputs and outputs — perfect for tracking a full band.
New Apollo Software to Deliver Multi-Unit Cascading & Numerous Console Software Enhancements; Separate UAD / Apollo Software Updates Bring Softube Amp Room, New LA-2A Collection, and API 500 Series EQ Plug-Ins.
The boost in Apollo connectivity is navigated via a redesigned Console application, offering better visual feedback, a new Mix-Merge mode, and a Pro Tools mode which greatly simplifies integration with Pro Tools systems.
“A year after its introduction, Apollo has become the top-selling audio interface in its class,” says UA CEO and Founder, Bill Putnam Jr. “We’re committed to enhancing its creative possibilities, through ongoing software improvements and a growing roster of new plug-in titles from UA and Direct Developer partners like Softube.”
Apollo owners will soon be able to play and record in real time through some of the world’s finest guitar amp emulations, courtesy of the acclaimed Softube Amp Room plug-ins — including Vintage Amp Room, Metal Amp Room, and Bass Amp Room. Softube Amp Room plug-ins will be available as part of an upcoming UAD/Apollo software update, along with the brand new LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection and API 500 Series EQ Collection plug-ins.
Apollo is a high-resolution 18 x 24 FireWire/Thunderbolt-ready audio interface that delivers the sound, feel, and flow of analog recording. Using Apollo, music producers and performers can track audio through a range of classic UAD analog emulation plug-ins — from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon and more — in real time, and with a sleek, elegant workflow on both Mac and Windows 7 systems.
More information: Universal Audio / Apollo
Native Instruments has announced the release of Reverb Classics, two premium-quality algorithmic reverbs inspired by renowned studio hardware.
While each effect has its own distinct sound, both provide a rich, harmonic character that adds dimension and depth to any source. A first-of-its-kind display provides visual feedback to monitor the effect’s output in real time – a powerful feature for quickly shaping the effect with ease and precision. The REVERB CLASSICS were created in cooperation with Softube, the acclaimed Swedish company renowned for their painstakingly accurate emulations of audio hardware.
The REVERB CLASSICS faithfully recreate two renowned algorithmic reverb units that rose to prominence 1980s and 1990s. Each has been featured on countless studio recordings and is a standard effect in top studios around the world. The RC 24 provides a rich, dark, and instantly identifiable sound suitable for anything from subtle widening to dramatic sound design. The RC 48, while sharing some similarities, sounds richer, lush, and somewhat brighter by comparison.
The most striking feature of the REVERB CLASSICS is the prominent graphical display, which takes up roughly half of the interface. This display effectively visualizes the shape and depth of the reverb, as well as the decay of the reverb tail. The display immediately reacts to parameter adjustments, allowing users to visually monitor the effect in real time, and providing a new approach to reverb design.
The RC 24 digital studio reverb and RC 48 classic studio reverb.
Native Instruments Reverb Classics
- The RC 24 is inspired by one of the first digital studio reverbs to gain wide popularity in recording studios around the world. Featuring Large Hall, Small Hall, and Room reverb algorithms, the distinctive sound of 12-bit A/D converters provides a unique quality that cuts through dense mixes with a unique presence. The RC 24 is equally useful on acoustic and electronic sounds for adding rich dimension, texture, and space while still preserving the original harmonics of a sound. Pushed to extreme settings, it can be used as a creative sound design tool, transforming relatively simple sounds into metallic percussive textures, dense, drone-like pads, or anything in between.
- The RC 48 delivers two hall algorithms inspired by a classic studio reverb heard on numerous gold and platinum recordings, as well as game, TV, and film soundtracks. The RC 48 delivers lush, musical reverb renowned for the depth it gives to vocals and acoustic instruments. A wide variety of versatile textures can be achieved through adjusting the Diffusion and Spread controls, while an additional Effect option on the Size fader allows users to create interesting new modulation effects.
The Random Hall algorithm also features Spin and Wander controls, providing random movement with lively, natural tails.
The Reverb Classics bundle (VST/AU/AAX) is available to purchase for $199 USD / 199 EUR. The individual effects are also available separately for $149 USD / 149 EUR each.
More information: Native Instruments / Reverb Classics