Softube has announced 64-bit support for its effect plug-ins.
It’s here! We know many of you have asked about this, so we’re very happy to annouce that all our native plug-in formats: VST, VST3 and AudioUnits, for Mac and Windows now include 64-bit support. And to make good news great—it’s a totally FREE update!
It’s about time some may say, and they may be right, but we wanted to be absolutely sure that the 64-bit versions have the same rock-solid performance and extraordinary sound quality that you can expect from any Softube product.
We have also redone all our installers and added the Softube Plug-Ins Control application. There is now a single installer for all plug-ins per platform, so for example: all Windows VST 64-bit plug-ins now have one installer. By using compression and copying techniques we managed to reduce the installer size and hard disk footprint considerably.
The Plug-Ins Control application makes it easy to add, remove and update Softube plug-ins, all from one interface.
More information: Softube
, channel strip
Posted in news
on Sep 19, 2011
Cakewalk has announced the SONAR X1 Production Suite, the most powerful and affordable professional music production suite on the Windows platform.
ONAR X1 Producer has everything needed to deliver the polished, “radio-ready” recordings that are expected in today’s music industry – all in one box. Now, the SONAR X1 Production Suite expands on those capabilities with additional production tools, enhanced views, ProChannel modules, and Z3TA+ 2, one of the most powerful and acclaimed virtual instruments in history.
SONAR X1 Production Suite includes:
- SONAR X1 Producer precisely suited for today’s music production with its unparalleled user interface design providing the very best in a clean and modern creation environment.
- SONAR X1 Expanded providing additional functionality that includes modular ProChannel capability, Softube’s Saturation Knob ProChannel module, revolutionary FX Chains 2.0, SoundCloud integration, and Music XML support.
- PC4K S-Type Expander / Gate ProChannel Module expertly crafted and completes legendary, full channel strip functionality.
- Z3TA+ 2 next generation waveshaping synthesizer.
Cakewalk SONAR X1 Production Suite has an estimated street price of $499 USD, and will be available exclusively at select music and sound retailers worldwide October 2011.
More information: Cakewalk / SONAR X1 Production Suite
Cakewalk has announced SONAR X1 Expanded, providing exciting new capability for SONAR Producer customers.
SONAR X1 Expanded provides SONAR Producer users with additional functionality to extend an already impressive toolset and take their productions to new heights along with new delivery options.
SONAR X1 Expanded highlights
- ProChannel Modularity — SONAR X1 Producer‘s impressive ProChannel console strip already provides a number of options to get pro-studio sound in the box with its highly musical EQ, PC76 U-Type/classic FET and PC4K S-Type bus compressors, tube saturation, and flexible drag & drop routing. Now the ProChannel experience further expands with fully modular capability. ProChannel strips can be customized to have any combination of installed modules available on any channel. Favorite combinations can be set as default for tracks and busses.
- Saturation Knob — Softube’s Saturation Knob ProChannel module borrows from Softube’s famous German FET distortion and compression circuitry modeling. And like their Passive-Active EQ design provides smooth, one-knob, frequency saturation for adding just the right amount of tube warmth to any track.
- FX Chains 2.0 — Introduced in SONAR X1, FX Chains provide a powerful and flexible way to organize and create combinations of multiple effects including DSP-based effects. FX Chains 2.0 expands the concept from simple effects container to fully customizable plug-in interface, complete with user-definable skins. Knobs and sliders are assignable to any effect parameters within the chain and are available for remote control. Drag and drop FX Chains from the Browser, between tracks, or to individual clips.
- SoundCloud Integration — Adding to SONAR X1’s exceptional audio delivery options, users can now upload finished songs in any bit /sample rate from SONAR directly to SoundCloud by simply connecting to their SoundCloud account from within SONAR. Integrated SoundCloud support provides a simple and efficient way to share music with family, friends, and fans automatically via Twitter, Facebook, and other popular social media sites.
- Music XML — SONAR X1 Expanded supports Music XML, the universal digital sheet music interchange and distribution format. This new notation export capability is easily accessed in the Staff View. Once a composition is finished, simply export in Music XML format for use in popular notation programs such as Finale, Notion, and Sibelius.
- Additional workflow enhancements include bi-directional drag & drop of data (audio, MIDI, FX chains, etc.) between the Brower and Track View, simultaneous replace synth in track while keeping all other routing in-tact, and a number of UI refinements applied across the entire application.
SONAR X1 Producer customers can purchase the SONAR X1 Expanded download for $49 USD / €39 EUR / £35 GBP (vat inclusive) from the Cakewalk store starting late September 2011.
More information: Cakewalk / SONAR X1 Expanded
Softube has announced a limited time sale on its effect plug-ins.
Softube is having its biggest sale ever. We are offering all our plug-ins at up to 50% discount!
Get all the juicy details on our web store or from your local participating dealer.
Even better: the More is More bulk discount still applies in our web store and bundles are available at a discount from our dealers.
The Softube sale expires October 16, 2011.
More information: Softube
Native Instruments has announced the release of Vintage Compressors, a set of faithfully modeled classic dynamic processors for use in Guitar Rig 4 and in the free Guitar Rig Player.
Produced in collaboration with DSP experts Softube, the collection comprises three of the most distinctive and revered high-end studio compressors, and can be used to creatively treat a comprehensive range of instruments and sounds with the highest level of sonic fidelity and profound vintage charm.
VINTAGE COMPRESSORS is the first release in a new range of professional studio effects based on the GUITAR RIG effects framework. Developed in collaboration with acclaimed Swedish DSP developers Softube, known for their highly sophisticated emulations of analog audio hardware, VINTAGE COMPRESSORS comprises three different models designated as the VC 76, VC 2A and VC 160. While the VC 76 excels at drums and vocals, the VC 2A is popular for vocals, bass and guitar, with the VC 160 being a common choice for string instruments and individual drum sounds as well.
All three emulations offer the full feature set of their analog hardware counterparts, with their sonic characteristics and intricacies authentically replicated through advanced analog component modeling. The GUITAR RIG framework also provides an additional sidechain input with adjustable high-pass filter as well as a wet/dry control for parallel compression, opening up a wide array of advanced techniques. All three emulations are also available separately, and integrate seamlessly with any existing arsenal of effects in the GUITAR RIG 4 or the GUITAR RIG PLAYER software.
Vintage Compressors is available as a download for $229 USD / 199 EUR, with the individual models being available for $119 USD / 99 EUR each.
More information: Native Instruments / Vintage Compressors
Rocksonics has released Triode, a class A tube pre-amp simulator for Windows.
“Triode” is a simple VST Plugin (1 control) that generates the asymmetric transfer characteristic of a Class A Triode vacuum tube pre-amp. The effect adds both even and odd harmonic distortion which creates the characteristic tube “warmth” that is NOT generated with filters.
“Triode” can be daisy-chained with the Rocksonics “Saturator” plugin (listed below) to emulate a Class A pre-amp followed by a push-pull output stage.
Triode is available as a free VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: Rocksonics
Softube has announced the release of the Tube-Tech ME 1B mid-range equalizer, and the Tube-Tech Classic Channel bundle.
The ME 1B is a fantastic sounding eq, especially on vocals and guitars, and a constant reminder that the mid-range is the most important frequency band in a mix (which we sometimes forget…)
The Tube-Tech Classic Channel is a bundle that consists of our three Tube-Tech products and the combined Classic Channel. It is is a new take on a vintage channel strip, unmatched by others in its exclusivity and warm sound by combining the most famous and classic Tube-Tech gear. In short, it’s not something that just gets the job done – it’s your dream channel strip.
Classic Channel is available to purchase for $699 USD, the ME 1B Mid-range EQ is $199 USD.
More information: Softube
Softube has announced that it will add VST3 support to its effect plugins.
By popular demand, Softube is upgrading all current plug-ins to include VST3 support by the end of April. The first upgraded product is the award-winning Tube-Tech CL 1B, which is now available in a VST3 version from our download page.
Steinberg’s VST3 plug-in format represents the next generation of plug-in integration in VST DAWs. VST3 will add additional features when using Softube plug-ins with hosts that support it, for example Steinberg Cubase 6, Steinberg Nuendo 4, and Presonus Studio One.
VST3 support key features
- Support for external sidechain inputs.
- Improved CPU performance.
- Improved usage of the AI knob on Steinberg audio interfaces.
More information: Softube