Avid has announced that its Sibelius 7.5 music notation software is now shipping.
Sibelius® 7.5, the new version of the world’s best-selling music composition and notation software from Avid®, is now shipping.
Sibelius 7.5 provides innovative new features that accelerate workflows, allowing composers to focus on the creative process and produce more compelling scores, more efficiently.
Changes in Sibelius 7.5
- Accelerated navigation—The new Timeline window allows for a quick view of the entire structure of a score for faster editing and playback, no matter how large or complex the score; composers can jump immediately to any section by clicking on any bar in the timecode ruler or on any landmark.
- More expressive playback—The fully redesigned Espressivo 2.0 feature delivers complete control over the customization of the rhythmic feel of any individual part of the score, plus improved notation interpretation adds more expressive and realistic feel, and can be customized for swing rhythms.
- Improved notation interpretation—Sibelius playback has been greatly enhanced, providing better interpretation of notation distinctions such as tempo markings, metric emphasis, grace notes, mordents, caesuras, and breath marks; composers can now hear every nuance of their score played back in realistic detail, without having to hire an expensive orchestra.
- Easy collaboration and sharing—Sibelius 7.5 enables enhanced collaboration and distribution of compositions through innovative score sharing and social media features; scores can be shared through email, uploaded and published as sheet music on ScoreExchange.com, or shared as video or audio files on YouTube, Facebook, and SoundCloud.
- Full Scorch app integration—Sibelius scores can be exported directly to Avid Scorch® for iPad for fully interactive playback, practice, performance, and publishing; Sibelius automatically optimizes the score for iPad display, paying special consideration to page orientation, number of staves, margin sizes, and more.
- Localized for Brazil and Russia—Sibelius 7.5 includes local language support for Russian and Brazilian Portuguese in addition to English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
Sibelius 7.5 is now worldwide, priced at $599.95 USD / 486.56 EUR exc. VAT / £479.95 GBP inc. VAT. Various upgrade options are also available.
More information: Avid / Sibelius
Sensomusic has announced Usine Hollyhock 1.1, a major improvement to music software dedicated to live music and real-time installations.
We made a particular effort to improve the stability and the efficiency of the audio engine.
Usine 1.1 provides a new global ergonomics and design to make Usine simpler than ever with a fresh and user friendly interface.
Also a powerful help system has been implemented to support new users.
Changes in Usine Hollyhock v1.1
- The audio engine is much more efficient.
- Global speed optimization more than 20% on heavy workspaces.
- Loading of patches and workspaces is 2x faster.
- Saving of patches and workspaces is 10x faster.
- More stable than ever.
- Many other improvements, and bugs fixed.
Usine Hollyhock for Windows and Mac is currently available to purchase for 119 EUR (30% off regular of 179 EUR). The update from previous version of Usine is 49 EUR (regular 79 EUR).
More information: Sensomusic
TC Electronic has announced Reverb 8, a new infinite channel reverb algorithm for TC Electronic’s highly acclaimed System 6000 audio processing platform.
A single System 6000 MKII frame is capable of running two Reverb 8 instances, delivering 16 output channels of ultra-realistic space. For an even higher channel count, multiple System 6000 MKII frames can be linked in a network, offering reverb for virtually any channel-count.
Reverb 8 may be fed with any input signal – mono, stereo, 5.1, 7.1, etc. – and deliver to an infinite number of output channels, perfectly suited for e.g. Dolby Atmos (up to 62.2 surround), Barco Auro (11.1 surround) or NHK’s multichannel broadcast format Super Hi-Vision (22.2 surround). In short, Reverb 8 goes from mono to infinity, or anywhere in between.
“For more than two decades of developing and refining some of the world’s finest room simulators, we have had the infinite “Lego brick” reverb as a goal. One missing link was the ability to add credible envelopment without artifacts even when a source already contained plenty of spatial information, for instance natural reverb from a microphone pick-up,” says Thomas Lund, CTO for Broadcast & Production at TC Electronic. “Reverb 8 has that essential quality without reverting to modulation. At the same time, high density distribution is becoming available. We’re confident artists, producers and audiences everywhere will reckon the super-natural 3D sound improvement Reverb 8 has to offer.”
Reverb 8 is available to purchase for $1,825 USD. It is also available as part of Film 6000. Reverb 8 is compatible with the System 6000 MKII mainframe only.
More information: TC Electronic / Reverb 8
VirSyn has announced microTERA for iPad, a virtual wave shaping synthesizer instrument.
Wave Shaping Synthesis is a type of distortion synthesis that can create dynamic spectra in a controlled way. In waveshaping it is possible to change the spectrum with the amplitude of the sound. A simple example of this method is the clipping caused by overdriving an audio amplifier.
The waveshaper is the core of microTERA’s synthesis engine. It works as a distortion unit that takes up to three sine waves as input and delivers an arbitrary spectrum as output.
microTERA gives you also a unique method of getting randomly generated sound patches in a way you never experienced before: roll the dice!
Every single try gives you a new unique sound patch, really every try, promised…
microTERA for iPad is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: VirSyn / microTERA for iPad
ADSR Sounds has released BASSIC, a bass synthesizer instrument for Native Instruments Reaktor, made with the modern electronic producer in mind.
Stripped of all the things that can distract or confuse when designing killer bass music instruments, BASSIC has all the basic components needed to create professional sounds in just a matter of minutes!
No more spending countless hours dialling in settings across parameters that aren’t even necessary. No more complex routing decisions. And no more time spent on things that only seem to derail the creative process!
We created BASSIC with one thing in mind – Simplicity.
- Synth with 3 oscillators, including a sampler.
- Oscillators have bandlimited hard sync.
- Filter featuring zero delay feedback with saturation.
- Modulate any knob or parameter on the synth.
- Distortion, Formant, Bitcrusher, Vibrato, Flanger, Chorus and Doubler effects.
- EQ section with Low Shelf, a Peak, and a High Shelf filter.
- Includes presets by OhmLab and BHK Samples.
- Bassic is open source.
BASSIC is available to purchase for $19 USD. Requires full version of Reaktor 5 (Reaktor Player not supported).
More information: ADSR Sounds / BASSIC
Plugin Alliance has announced the release of Drumatom, a drum leakage suppression tool for Windows and Mac that reduces the crosstalk captured by microphones when recording drums.
Drumatom is NOT a plugin! It is a stand-alone MAC & PC program and is the world´s first microphone leakage suppression tool for multichannel drum recordings! It is based on the patent pending Advanced Audio Analysis – A3 technology by ACCUSONUS from Greece.
With this novel software tool every sound engineer can now use compressors, EQs and creative effects in new ways with no limitations. In the hands of sound engineers, drumatom will make genuine drum recordings shine in the mix!
Drumatom for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $399 USD.
More information: Plugin Alliance / Drumatom
IK Multimedia has announced the release of GrooveMaker 2 for iPad, the most powerful mobile loop based music making app with a patented “groove generator” engine that lets anyone create professional quality non-stop grooves, beats and songs in real time.
GrooveMaker 2.1 adds universal compatibility that provides iPad users with an intuitive groove making interface and full suite of professional tools and effects for creating music and grooves on the go on an iPad.
GrooveMaker 2 provides a completely new and intuitive way of making music by using groups of loops called songs (60 loops per song) that always sound good together, and users use these to build grooves and complete songs.
GrooveMaker 2 gives users total control over the creation, mixing and remixing process from a newly designed iOS 7 style interface and intuitive controls, loop import, automatic mixing controls, loop effects, mastering effects, groove sequencing and export controls. With GrooveMaker 2, anyone can make music and be a DJ, anywhere, any time.
GrooveMaker 2 for iPad is available to purchase for $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / GrooveMaker 2 for iPad
Keith McMillen Instruments has released version 2.0 of the SoftStep Editor software for the Mac platform, which includes a number of improvements made based on user feedback.
Changes in SoftStep Editor for Mac v2.0
- 8 times faster load time using 500 MB less memory.
- Foot On as a source for all corners of the Nav Pad.
- Advanced Key Lockout Modes.
- Ability to switch between using 0-127 and 1-128 values.
- MSB & LSB pitch bend support.
- Settable MSB & LSB for bank messages.
The updated SoftStep Editor for Mac is available to download now.
More information: Keith McMillen Instruments