Psicada has launched Earhoof, a virtual instrument for iPad.
A sophisticated instrument creation tool, it allows you to layer multiple audio files and combine them with high quality digital signal processing. By continuously changing the sound parameters along the length of your device, Earhoof allows you to create highly expressive playable surfaces.
Its innovative internal rhythm engine allows you to easily play this surface, switching seamlessly between complex rhythms while remaining in complete control of the generated sounds. The result is a playing experience unlike any other, blurring the line between sequencer and instrument.
- Includes over 80 carefully crafted presets, each one a unique multi-sample instrument.
- Intuitively draw curves to modulate DSP parameters for Gain, Pitch, Pan, Filters, Delay and more.
- Easily import your own WAV and AIFF files with iTunes File Sharing.
- Record or manually create your own rhythms.
- Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support allows Earhoof to interact with other music apps.
- Record your performances as audio files without ever leaving the app.
- In-app help manual will help you quickly learn the ins and outs of the program.
The app is available from the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD.
More information: Psicada
Image-Line has released version 11.1 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows.
FL Studio 11.1 includes support for the FREE and hugely popular Image-Line Remote Android and iOS MIDI remote controller application and a new FREE synthesizer MiniSynth, that also works as a crossover synth with FL Studio Mobile. We think we have the free thing covered :)
Changes in FL Studio v11.1
- Most plugins updated (bugfixes).
- Image-Line Remote for Android (Google Play) and iOS (iTunes Apps) updated.
- MiniSynth free synth is included.
- FL Studio Mobile import updated.
- Launchpad support updated.
- DirectWave import support updated.
- Bugfixes as reported since the last version, FL Studio 11.0.5.
FL Studio 11.1 is free for existing customers under the Lifetime Free Update policy. New Image-Line customers can purchase FL Studio with a 10% discount here.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
WaveMachine Labs has updated its Auria multitrack recording app for iPad to version 1.141.
With the ability to play 48 mono or stereo 24bit/96 kHz tracks simultaneously, record up to 24 of those tracks simultaneously (through a supported USB multichannel audio interface), and edit and mix with familiar tools and full parameter automation, it’s clear Auria sets a new standard for iPad multitrack recording.
What’s more, Auria’s 64-bit Double Precision architecture ensures ample headroom for plug-in processing and mix summing, transforming your iPad into a recording and mixing studio with sound quality that rivals most DAWs.
Changes in Auria v1.141 features
- New Plugin: FabFilter Pro-MB.
- Fixed: iOS7.1 bug related to 96K projects.
- Fixed: Low volume issue – added option for speaker/mic processing in settings.
- Fixed: Auto-input monitor – Auria now mixes the input with the playback audio automatically.
- Fixed: Change to Audiobus when using Auria in the input slot (made Master the default port).
- Fixed: New versions of WOW and Turnado fixing various bugs.
- Fixed: New versions of all FabFilter plugins, which fix the spectrum analyzer issue.
- Fixed: New versions of all the FXpansion plugins, fixing various bugs.
- Fixed: Issue with Auria incorrectly reporting the transport state and positions to IAA plugins.
The app is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $24.99 USD.
More information: WaveMachine Labs / Auria
Tracktion Software Corporation has released version 5.2.4 of its Tracktion music production software for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Tracktion v5.2.4
- Archiving fix.
- Fullscreen button for Windows.
- Fix for stuck notes when using the MIDI patch bay plugin.
- Fix for incorrect export formats being displayed in MIDI note and track renders.
- Fix for some synth plugins not responding to MIDI.
- [5.2.3] Made sure MIDI clips created from dropping files have a suitable length.
- [5.2.3] Fix for copy/pasted clip lengths.
- [5.2.3] Fix for importing MIDI files on the project screen.
- [5.2.3] Fix for trimming empty regions at the start of dropped MIDI files.
- [5.2.3] Fix for saving and copying shell-based plugins.
- [5.2.3] Fix for MIDI SysEx timing.
- [5.2.3] Fixes for editing really tiny MIDI notes.
- [5.2.3] Fix for loading JACK.
- [5.2.3] Fix for project list forgetting projects when their name is changed.
- [5.2.3] Fix for groove templates in sequencer clips.
- [5.2.3] Fix for importing archives with sub-directories.
- [5.2.3] Fix for Automap Universal crashing.
- [5.2.3] Fix for audio glitches if racks are used across multiple output devices.
- [5.2.3] Added support for Automap to the 64-bit Mac version.
- [5.2.3] Added prompt for dragging audio files onto separate tracks or a single track.
- [5.2.3] Added selection of contiguous clips with shift.
- [5.2.3] Added option for rendering a sequencer-clip to a MIDI clip.
Tracktion 5 is available to purchase for $59.99 USD.
More information: Tracktion
Avid has released VENUE Version 4.1.3 software, a free download for the Avid S3L live sound system that doubles the system’s on-board plug-in slots—from 20 to 40—to provide engineers with even more processing options than before.
VENUE 4.1.3 also offers support for the latest qualified AAX live sound plug-ins. Avid S3L users can now choose from a superior range of Avid and third-party plug-ins from some of the world’s most respected developers such as Crane Song, McDSP and Sonnox. As part of the update, current and new S3L customers can download additional free AAX plug-ins for their system through their Avid customer account.
To meet the growing demand for more powerful, flexible processing, Avid S3L runs AAX plug-ins directly on an HDX-powered processing engine. It delivers the tightest integration and lowest latency of any live plug-in system, without the expense and complexity of outboard solutions. By supporting industry-standard Pro Tools® plug-ins, Avid live systems enable engineers to select the best plug-ins to suit their needs.
The VENUE v4.1.3 software upgrade is available to download for Avid S3L customers now, free of charge.
More information: Avid
Bitwig has announced the release of Bitwig Studio, a multi-platform music-creation system for production, performance and DJing, with a focus on flexible editing tools and a super-fast workflow.
Record and arrange, improvise and perform, or do it all at once. Choose between several display profiles. Design your own sounds with dedicated container devices. Combine built-in instruments, effects, and VST plug-ins.
Bitwig Studio’s unified mapping system allows you to modulate any device or VST parameter using macro controls and modulator devices. Explore a new world of creative possibilities, including audio and note expressions, histogram-based value editing, layered editing, extensive bounce-in-place functions, automatic slicing, smart controller integration, and the Open Controller Scripting API.
Every feature in Bitwig Studio was developed by musicians, for musicians. Welcome to the next generation of music creation and performance software for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
Bitwig Studio features
- Cross-platform DAW (Windows, OS X, Linux).
- Intuitive non-linear sequencing for the studio world and beyond.
- Full multi-core and multi-processor support.
- VST 2.4 support with built-in 32-/64-bit bridging and plug-in crash protection.
- Proprietary time-stretching technology.
- Unlimited Audio Tracks.
- Unlimited Effect Tracks.
- Multi-display support for up to 3 displays.
- Unlimited Note Tracks.
- Unified Modulation System: Use Macro Controls, Note Expressions, LFOs, and Envelope Followers to modulate any device parameter, including nested internal devices and even VST plug-ins.
- Note and Audio expressions, including per-note Micro-Pitch Control.
- Automatic sample slicing to both Sampler or Drum Machine.
- Record and edit both track and clip automation in absolute and relative modes.
- Support for numerous MIDI controllers out of the box.
- Multiple tools for specific tasks and editing workflows.
- Macro Controls per device, as well as dedicated Device Panel Mappings with color-coded knobs and buttons for an overview at a glance.
- Advanced layered editing.
- Open Controller API: Lets you create and customize functionality for virtually any MIDI controller, including scripting access to nearly every feature of Bitwig Studio.
- File import: WAV, MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, and Ogg Vorbis.
- A PDF Manual is included with the Bitwig Studio application in English and Japanese.
Bitwig Studio for Windows, Mac, and Linux is available as a download, priced at $399 USD / 299 EUR. A boxed version is available from distributors for MSRP $449.99 USD / 329 EUR / £279 GBP.
More information: Bitwig
Positive Grid has announced the release of Final Touch – Complete Mastering System for iPad, a suite that combines nuanced techniques of mastering with Positive Grid’s expertise on mobile design.
The Final Touch app offers the highest mastering control, precision and flexibility possible on an iPad.
“Final Touch allows musicians, producers and engineers to master audio recording with the industry’s standards: maximizer, pre and post equalizer, multiband dynamics, stereo imaging, reverb and dithering controls are all just one finger tap away”, says Positive Grid Marketing Manager Jaime Ruchman. “And now they will be able to continue their mastering sessions literally anywhere, with the same sound quality as a top notch professional mastering studio, enhancing productivity to its maximum.”
Final Touch combines seven essential mastering tools into one integrated system, the Pre and Post linear phase EQ modules consist of eight independent bands, each providing a choice of five different types of parametric filters: Hi-Pass, Low-Shelf, Peak, Hi-Shelf and Low-Pass. The Dynamics module offer highly flexible stereo/mid-side multiband compressor/limiter. The Stereo Imaging module adjusts the width of your mix, corrects L/R channel imbalances and checks mono compatibility. The Reverb module offers flattering room, hall and plate algorithms to sweeten overly dry mixes, providing continuously variable controls for independently adjusting Pre-Delay, Decay Time, Early Reflections and Room Size. The Maximizer module limits peaks and raises the average level of your mix, thereby increasing loudness. Comprehensive dither and noise-shaping options are also provided in this module.
Once your master is perfectly dialed, a couple taps are all it takes to share it via email, Dropbox, iTunes and SoundCloud.
Final Touch features
- Complete professional mastering system powered by Positive Grid’s high-end signal-processing algorithms.
- Linear Phase Pre and Post Equalizers, each offering eight bands and five filter types.
- Multiband Dynamics with four independent bands of compression/limiting.
- Stereo Imager adjusts the width and balance of your mix’s soundstage.
- Reverb provides state-of-the-art Room, Hall and Plate algorithms.
- Maximizer transparently limits peaks to make your mix louder.
- Dithering and Noise-Shaping preserves your mix’s depth and nuance.
- Stereo and mid-side processing.
- High-resolution, multi-colored metering with accurate readouts.
- Each module can be independently bypassed.
- Bypass switches for individual EQ bands.
- Left, right, mid and side channels can be independently soloed or bypassed.
- Waveform overview of your mix, with draggable playback cursor.
- 100 factory presets and unlimited user presets.
- Global and module-based presets.
- Drag and drop modules to rearrange their order in the signal path.
- Pristine, high-resolution sound (double-precision, 64-bit calculation).
- Unmatched audio-data integrity: no rounding or truncation except when calculations are performed.
- Share via Email, Dropbox, iTunes, SoundCloud and FTP.
- Streamlined project management: browse multiple projects with one simple tap.
- Workflow optimized for mobile and desktop data transfers.
- Supports Inter App Audio and Audiobus routing system (works with many other audio apps).
- Supports iPad 2, iPad mini and newer iPad devices.
- Designed for iOS 7.
Final Touch for iPad is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Positive Grid / Final Touch
XT Software has released version 2.7 beta 2 for Windows and Mac of its energyXT music production software.
With energyXT you will be creating tracks faster than with any other music application
Changes in energyXT v2.7 beta 2
- Added level per audio clip.
- New mixer panel in sequencer (like in v1.4).
- Track presets.
- Duplicate track will now also copy arp data.
- Drag & drop plugins on to MIDI tracks will now replace current plugin(s), unless shift or alt is pressed.
- Enter values for velocity and controller data manually in object bar.
- Added speedbuttons for transposing by octave in objectbar.
- Copy/paste controller data.
- Render audio to drum pad.
- Add up to 8 favorite VST params for each track (using VST plugin) in the mixer with MIDI controller support.
- Rewind will now restart current marker in marker-track mode.
- Width of track panel now saved with project.
- Added mute/solo highlight state in GUI editor.
- Record VST automation with MIDI controllers (using favorite params mapping on track).
energyXT is currently available to purchase for 39 EUR (regular 59 EUR). The new beta is available to download here.
More information: XT Software