Image-Line has announced version 2.3 of its Deckadance DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Deckadance 2.30 adds support for Image-Line Remote so you can now control Deckadance & FL Studio from any Android (phone or tablet) and iOS (iPod touch, iPhone or iPad) device.
You can even use any combination of up to 15 devices at once! Why not invite your friends over for a group DJ session :)
Changes in Deckadance v2.3
- Image-Line Remote Support – Controller support from up to 15 Android and iOS devices.
- New Smart Panels – EQ, Gain & Filter, Volume, Mix & Isolator, FX and Grossbeat.
- Fixes bugs – Reported from Deckadance version 2.2.
- Added MIDI script commands – PLAY_X, PHASE_SYNC_X, BEAT_ID_X, STANDALONE and TRACK_POSITION_X.
- Support for ESI soundcards.
- Fixed – Issues with soundcard samplerates >= 99.6 KHz.
- Fixed – Synchronization problem with the Leap function in Snap mode.
- Added – Automatic switching of MIDI ports between standard MIDI page and Scripts page..
Deckadance 2 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $79 USD / $149 USD (DVS support). New Image-Line customers can get 10% discount on orders of $89 USD or above at the Image-Line online store.
More information: Image-Line / Deckadance
feelyoursound has released version 1.10 of Sundog Scale Studio, a MIDI composition software for Windows.
Sundog can be used to create whole songs from scratch by supporting the composition workflow in a musical way:
- Choose a scale and a base note (e.g. E Minor).
- Find a chord progression by clicking chords buttons with your mouse.
- Create melodies, basslines, and arpeggios by binding rhythmic note patterns to either the active chords or the current scale.
The note output happens live via MIDI.
Changes in Sundog Scale Studio v1.10
- MIDI file export: Full song.
- MIDI file export: Current track.
- MIDI file export via drag and drop.
- Solo mode for tracks.
- New hotkeys: S = Solo, M = Mute.
- Chords view: Play most important chords via keyboard.
- Chords view: Change positions with arrow keys.
- Chords view: Trigger playback with space bar.
- Display note names in all rubberboxes.
- Update checker.
- Small bug fixes.
Sundog Scale Studio is available for Windows, priced at $39 USD / 29 EUR.
More information: feelyoursound / Sundog Scale Studio
Psicada has launched Earhoof, a virtual instrument for iPad.
A sophisticated instrument creation tool, it allows you to layer multiple audio files and combine them with high quality digital signal processing. By continuously changing the sound parameters along the length of your device, Earhoof allows you to create highly expressive playable surfaces.
Its innovative internal rhythm engine allows you to easily play this surface, switching seamlessly between complex rhythms while remaining in complete control of the generated sounds. The result is a playing experience unlike any other, blurring the line between sequencer and instrument.
- Includes over 80 carefully crafted presets, each one a unique multi-sample instrument.
- Intuitively draw curves to modulate DSP parameters for Gain, Pitch, Pan, Filters, Delay and more.
- Easily import your own WAV and AIFF files with iTunes File Sharing.
- Record or manually create your own rhythms.
- Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support allows Earhoof to interact with other music apps.
- Record your performances as audio files without ever leaving the app.
- In-app help manual will help you quickly learn the ins and outs of the program.
The app is available from the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD.
More information: Psicada
Image-Line has released version 11.1 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows.
FL Studio 11.1 includes support for the FREE and hugely popular Image-Line Remote Android and iOS MIDI remote controller application and a new FREE synthesizer MiniSynth, that also works as a crossover synth with FL Studio Mobile. We think we have the free thing covered :)
Changes in FL Studio v11.1
- Most plugins updated (bugfixes).
- Image-Line Remote for Android (Google Play) and iOS (iTunes Apps) updated.
- MiniSynth free synth is included.
- FL Studio Mobile import updated.
- Launchpad support updated.
- DirectWave import support updated.
- Bugfixes as reported since the last version, FL Studio 11.0.5.
FL Studio 11.1 is free for existing customers under the Lifetime Free Update policy. New Image-Line customers can purchase FL Studio with a 10% discount here.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
WaveMachine Labs has updated its Auria multitrack recording app for iPad to version 1.141.
With the ability to play 48 mono or stereo 24bit/96 kHz tracks simultaneously, record up to 24 of those tracks simultaneously (through a supported USB multichannel audio interface), and edit and mix with familiar tools and full parameter automation, it’s clear Auria sets a new standard for iPad multitrack recording.
What’s more, Auria’s 64-bit Double Precision architecture ensures ample headroom for plug-in processing and mix summing, transforming your iPad into a recording and mixing studio with sound quality that rivals most DAWs.
Changes in Auria v1.141 features
- New Plugin: FabFilter Pro-MB.
- Fixed: iOS7.1 bug related to 96K projects.
- Fixed: Low volume issue – added option for speaker/mic processing in settings.
- Fixed: Auto-input monitor – Auria now mixes the input with the playback audio automatically.
- Fixed: Change to Audiobus when using Auria in the input slot (made Master the default port).
- Fixed: New versions of WOW and Turnado fixing various bugs.
- Fixed: New versions of all FabFilter plugins, which fix the spectrum analyzer issue.
- Fixed: New versions of all the FXpansion plugins, fixing various bugs.
- Fixed: Issue with Auria incorrectly reporting the transport state and positions to IAA plugins.
The app is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $24.99 USD.
More information: WaveMachine Labs / Auria
Tracktion Software Corporation has released version 5.2.4 of its Tracktion music production software for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Tracktion v5.2.4
- Archiving fix.
- Fullscreen button for Windows.
- Fix for stuck notes when using the MIDI patch bay plugin.
- Fix for incorrect export formats being displayed in MIDI note and track renders.
- Fix for some synth plugins not responding to MIDI.
- [5.2.3] Made sure MIDI clips created from dropping files have a suitable length.
- [5.2.3] Fix for copy/pasted clip lengths.
- [5.2.3] Fix for importing MIDI files on the project screen.
- [5.2.3] Fix for trimming empty regions at the start of dropped MIDI files.
- [5.2.3] Fix for saving and copying shell-based plugins.
- [5.2.3] Fix for MIDI SysEx timing.
- [5.2.3] Fixes for editing really tiny MIDI notes.
- [5.2.3] Fix for loading JACK.
- [5.2.3] Fix for project list forgetting projects when their name is changed.
- [5.2.3] Fix for groove templates in sequencer clips.
- [5.2.3] Fix for importing archives with sub-directories.
- [5.2.3] Fix for Automap Universal crashing.
- [5.2.3] Fix for audio glitches if racks are used across multiple output devices.
- [5.2.3] Added support for Automap to the 64-bit Mac version.
- [5.2.3] Added prompt for dragging audio files onto separate tracks or a single track.
- [5.2.3] Added selection of contiguous clips with shift.
- [5.2.3] Added option for rendering a sequencer-clip to a MIDI clip.
Tracktion 5 is available to purchase for $59.99 USD.
More information: Tracktion
Avid has released VENUE Version 4.1.3 software, a free download for the Avid S3L live sound system that doubles the system’s on-board plug-in slots—from 20 to 40—to provide engineers with even more processing options than before.
VENUE 4.1.3 also offers support for the latest qualified AAX live sound plug-ins. Avid S3L users can now choose from a superior range of Avid and third-party plug-ins from some of the world’s most respected developers such as Crane Song, McDSP and Sonnox. As part of the update, current and new S3L customers can download additional free AAX plug-ins for their system through their Avid customer account.
To meet the growing demand for more powerful, flexible processing, Avid S3L runs AAX plug-ins directly on an HDX-powered processing engine. It delivers the tightest integration and lowest latency of any live plug-in system, without the expense and complexity of outboard solutions. By supporting industry-standard Pro Tools® plug-ins, Avid live systems enable engineers to select the best plug-ins to suit their needs.
The VENUE v4.1.3 software upgrade is available to download for Avid S3L customers now, free of charge.
More information: Avid
Bitwig has announced the release of Bitwig Studio, a multi-platform music-creation system for production, performance and DJing, with a focus on flexible editing tools and a super-fast workflow.
Record and arrange, improvise and perform, or do it all at once. Choose between several display profiles. Design your own sounds with dedicated container devices. Combine built-in instruments, effects, and VST plug-ins.
Bitwig Studio’s unified mapping system allows you to modulate any device or VST parameter using macro controls and modulator devices. Explore a new world of creative possibilities, including audio and note expressions, histogram-based value editing, layered editing, extensive bounce-in-place functions, automatic slicing, smart controller integration, and the Open Controller Scripting API.
Every feature in Bitwig Studio was developed by musicians, for musicians. Welcome to the next generation of music creation and performance software for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
Bitwig Studio features
- Cross-platform DAW (Windows, OS X, Linux).
- Intuitive non-linear sequencing for the studio world and beyond.
- Full multi-core and multi-processor support.
- VST 2.4 support with built-in 32-/64-bit bridging and plug-in crash protection.
- Proprietary time-stretching technology.
- Unlimited Audio Tracks.
- Unlimited Effect Tracks.
- Multi-display support for up to 3 displays.
- Unlimited Note Tracks.
- Unified Modulation System: Use Macro Controls, Note Expressions, LFOs, and Envelope Followers to modulate any device parameter, including nested internal devices and even VST plug-ins.
- Note and Audio expressions, including per-note Micro-Pitch Control.
- Automatic sample slicing to both Sampler or Drum Machine.
- Record and edit both track and clip automation in absolute and relative modes.
- Support for numerous MIDI controllers out of the box.
- Multiple tools for specific tasks and editing workflows.
- Macro Controls per device, as well as dedicated Device Panel Mappings with color-coded knobs and buttons for an overview at a glance.
- Advanced layered editing.
- Open Controller API: Lets you create and customize functionality for virtually any MIDI controller, including scripting access to nearly every feature of Bitwig Studio.
- File import: WAV, MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, and Ogg Vorbis.
- A PDF Manual is included with the Bitwig Studio application in English and Japanese.
Bitwig Studio for Windows, Mac, and Linux is available as a download, priced at $399 USD / 299 EUR. A boxed version is available from distributors for MSRP $449.99 USD / 329 EUR / £279 GBP.
More information: Bitwig