accSone has announced the release of crusherX-Live! 7.1, a major new version of the granular sound system for Windows.
crusherX-Live! 7 introduces a new vapor parameter: X-Crush. Invented by accSone in 2014, who say it is unique in the world of granular synthesis, X-Crush adds a special asymmetric ring-modulation transformation fed by the overlap of each grain with its successor. While interacting dynamically with the other vapor parameters X-Crush will lead from subtle ringing artifacts up to extreme phase shifting and distortion sounds.
Also, the UI has been reworked to integrate better into professional environments. crusher-Live! supports Windows 8.1.
Changes in crusherX-Live! v7.1
- Adds X-Crush parameter that does sound processing on the grain overlaps.
- Fixes crash on long grain lengths in combination with high MIDI notes.
- Adds automatic fader range buttons behavior on parameter changes.
- Improves UX, enhance workflows and UI Skins.
- Adds standard menu popups for item selection.
- Fixes volume slider manual editing bug.
- Reduces footprint of the program data (faster program loading).
crusherX-Live! for Windows is available for purchase for 79 EUR. The Upgrade from a previous version is 49 EUR. Prices include 19% VAT.
More information: crusherX-Live!
Cockos has released version 4.7 of Reaper, the music production software for Windows and Mac.
REAPER is digital audio workstation software: a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment.
Changes in Reaper v4.7
- Project settings: better media format options for glue/apply FX, etc.
- Able to select a preset when loading an FX.
- More commands added to project tabs context menu, including Close all projects but current.
- Multiple files can be opened together, each in its own project tab.
- Project Tab close button can be dragged and dropped to left or right.
- Media Explorer options now include Preserve pitch shift when changing media, Pitch shift knob behavior (now configurable), Always show waveform peaks for selected media, Display preview positions in tenths of seconds, Auto-stop preview after adding media and Add current folder to shortcut list.
- Item Properties dialog: Position and Length can be displayed as time, beats or HMSF.
- New option on MIDI Editor Customize note names menu to Merge note names from file …
- New MIDI Editor mouse modifier contexts for MIDI source loop and marker and MIDI marker/region lane.
- ReaVerb usage tips.
- File Consolidate/Export: more options explained.
- Project rendering: more options explained.
- New option under Preferences, General to open last active project, all previously open project tabs, new project, or prompt. More options explained.
- Performance Meter data is now sortable: also ReaMote column added when ReaMote is enabled.
- Check the changelog for full details.
Cockos has also updated its ReaPlugs effect plugins to version 2.2, adding a 64-bit version and updates for ReaJS.
More information: Reaper
Image-Line has announced the release of a 64-bit version of its FL Studio music production software.
FL Studio 64 Bit is a free option for existing customers while new customers get FL Studio 32 and 64 Bit with no change to current FL Studio pricing.
FL Studio 64 is available in a single unified FL Studio 32/64 Bit installer or as a 64 Bit update installer for any version of FL Studio 11.
FL Studio 64 Bit features
- Access up to 512 GB memory, depending on your Windows version.
- 32 Bit bridged and 64 Bit native VST plugin support.
- Project compatibility between 32 and 64 Bit versions.
- FL Studio available as a 64 Bit VST plugin for use in 64 Bit VST hosts.
- Limitations: The following features & plugins rely on 3rd party code that is not available in 64 Bit at this time – Buzz Adapter, Edison ‘Clean Audio’ function*, FL Slayer, Fruity Soundfont Player*, Synthmaker/Flowstone*, Wasp/Wasp XT (*Planned for a future 64 Bit update).
Find more details on the 64-bit update at this news post.
FL Studio is available for purchase in various editions, starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers can save 10% off a purchase here.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
Feelyoursound has announced that its Sundog Scale Studio is now available for Mac OS X.
The standalone software connects to other DAWs and hardware instruments via MIDI and sends note commands to trigger chords and melodies.
The main focus of Sundog lies on writing harmonic EDM songs from scratch without having to worry about music theory.
Sundog Scale Studio features
- Over 300 scales included.
- Create harmonic melodies and arpeggios easily.
- MIDI file export via drag and drop.
- Find all fitting chords for a given scale.
- Convert MIDI note input (white keys) to scale notes.
- Cure writer’s block by experimenting with new harmonies.
- Output: Standard MIDI note data.
- Input: MIDI notes, computer keys, mouse.
- Buy once, get updates forever – for all supported platforms.
Sundog for Windows and Mac costs $39 USD / 29 EUR.
To celebrate the release of Sundog for Mac, Feelyoursound is offering a 15% discount until Sunday July 13th, 2014.
More information: Feelyoursound / Sundog Scale Studio
Paracosm has launched Polymer, a MIDI utility which translates MIDI streams from input devices to output devices.
Polymer lets you play your monophonic synths together, like they’re all part of some giant mutant polysynth. And it operates via plain old MIDI, so it’s compatible with almost anything — modulars, samplers, even virtual instruments.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg: alternate notes between different synths in monophonic sequences, layer pads and leads to create songs without leaving the keyboard, or experiment with the outer limits of modular paraphony.
- Control up to 32 MIDI channels simultaneously, for 32-voice polyphony.
- MIDI Merge between unlimited MIDI input channels.
- Velocity, Pitch Bend, and Mod Wheel data are transmitted automatically.
- Two Algorithms for voice allocation — Static starts at the same voice each time, while Cycle alternates in round-robin fashion.
- Forward, Backward, and Random Direction options for choosing the next voice.
- Supports Voice Stealing, allowing for continuous play regardless of available voices.
- Currently limited to one voice per MIDI channel, even for polyphonic synths.
The app is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. Requires 64-bit Mac with OSX 10.7 or greater.
More information: Polymer
Positive Grid has released version 1.5 of BIAS, a custom app modeler app for iPad.
Insane is one of the new expansion packs for Positive Grid’s BIAS app.
Positive Grid expands the popular custom amp modeler with three new dedicated expansion packs: Glassy, Crunch, and Insane. Guitarists and bassists will now be able to add further customization to their BIAS preamp, power amp, and cabinet modules by tone styles: from glassy clean tone, to classic british crunch, to insanely saturated distortion.
BIAS includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Now, along with the new Glassy, Crunch, and Insane packs, BIAS also includes a new easy-to-use 8-band EQ with the purchase of any pack, as well as a new BIAS store and better JamUp integration –another Positive Grid app consisting of several multi effect stompboxes-. As always, user can share it with other musicians on Positive Grid’s proprietary social network, ToneCloud.
BIAS for iPad is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. The new in-app expansion packs are $9.99 USD each.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
Akai Professional has released iMPC Pro, a music production app for iPad.
iMPC Pro is a 64-track music production powerhouse for your iPad. With built-in sampling functionality, a massive sound library, effects, and over 30 performance-driven features, iMPC Pro brings the functionality of Akai Professional’s coveted Music Production Center to your iPad.
Developed in partnership with Retronyms, the developers of the original iMPC app, iMPC Pro comes with pro-grade tools for intuitive beat creation whenever inspiration strikes.
It combines multiple sampling methods, producer-tested MPC features, a custom sample library from Richard Devine, and an intuitive gestural editor for the most powerful, creative and fun iPad music production experience yet.
iMPC Pro features
- A platform for creating sample-based music on your iPad with renowned MPC functionality.
- Sample audio from the iPad microphone, your own tracks using resampling, other apps using InterApp Audio, or your music library using the multi-touch turntable interface.
- 64 tracks for flexible multi-track music production including gain fader, 3-band EQ, mute, solo, panning and FX sends on each track.
- All-new chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing of sample.
- All-new Timeline View opens a multi-touch gestural editor for sequencing, recording, and editing.
- All-new Flux mode lets you warp and glitch your beats in real-time or with automation.
- All-new Precision Knobs and Faders expand on command for precisely dialing in parameters.
- Drag n’ Drop your samples for simplified program/kit assembly.
- All-new 3D-performance mode lets your perform with your iPad’s accelerometer.
- All-new Turbo Duck effect fattens up your tracks with sidechain compression.
- Exclusive sound library featuring 1,400+ samples from sound designer Richard Devine with hundreds of Akai Pro exclusive samples.
- Improved sampling workflow with re-sampling and sample library organization.
- 16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of your sounds.
- Note Variation slider lets you adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play.
- Onboard effects include delay, bit crusher, and master compressor/limiter.
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback.
- Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing.
- MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note – 1/32T timing with latch.
- Supports Inter-App Audio in iOS7 for sampling from your other music apps.
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste for copying/pasting beats and sequences from compatible apps.
- Seamless integration with Retronym’s Tabletop app for iPad, a modular audio environment.
- Works with MPC Element via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately).
- Community sharing built-in: directly upload to SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer.
- iOS support for simple drag-and-drop, plucking, and multi-touch music gestures.
- Interactive gesture control for automation, mixing, and effects.
- Automation lets you record pad and track mute changes to your sequence.
- Tabletop ready – use iMPC Pro inside the acclaimed Tabletop App to combine it with dozens of synths, sequencers, FX and more.
- Samples may be set to 1-shot or “hold” mode.
- Tuning, Panning, Level, Lo-Pass and Hi-Pass available for each sound.
- Easy cloning of sequences via multitouch capabilities.
- Classic “Next-Sequence” lets you juggle your sequences to experiment with different compositions or for dynamic live performance.
- Mute and poly pad groups for authentic percussion performances.
- Mixer effects include tempo-sync’d delay, reverb, chorus, flanger.
- Add third-party effects with InterApp Audio Effect.
- Pad effects include custom-designed envelope filters, 4-mode distortion and ring mod.
- Supports InterApp Audio mode. Record the outputs directly into other apps like GarageBand and Cubasis.
- Over 20 demo projects to manipulate, shape and learn with.
- Extensive Undo History lets you roll back your project to any state.
- Export your tracks as an audio file.
iMPC Pro is available for purchase for the introductory price of $12.99 USD for a limited time (regular $19.99 USD).
More information: Akai Pro / iMPC Pro