Mabelton Audio has announced the release of Summer Bundle 1, a limited time offer on its Push/VST integration packs.
For a limited time only, get over 40% off on our full range of Push/VST integration packs to date.
Over 20,000 fully configured racks which will allow you instantly to:
- Browse and load VST factory presets from Push as with Ableton’s own instruments.
- Control and automate the knobs and sliders on the VSTs using Push’s encoders.
- Unlock Push’s full capacity for VSTs (step sequencer, exotic scales, etc.
The VSTs covered in this bundle are as follows:
- Arturia V Collection (10 synths).
The Summer Bundle 1 is available for purchase for 39.99 GBP. Integration packs for u-he’s Zebra and Zebralette are available as free downloads.
More information: Crafted Sound / Summer Bundle 1
Camel Audio has released version 2.3 of Alchemy Mobile, which contains some of the most significant additions to the Pro version of their free Alchemy Mobile iOS app to date.
With the Pro version you can now create your own presets using samples imported from Dropbox, iTunes, other apps or any of the samples available in Alchemy Mobile’s extensive range of sound libraries.
Creating presets is easy – simply select from a comprehensive range of templates including granular pads, stretched soundscapes, distorted arps and drum kits, then choose your samples and customize the remix pads to create your own unique Alchemy presets.
Changes in Alchemy Mobile v2.3
- Tap and slide away from controls for increased accuracy.
- Double track length for longer overdubbing.
- Audiobus 2 support for even better integration with your other apps.
- Numerous other improvements and additions.
- [Pro] Import samples and create your own presets using templates (go to Sound Libraries > User).
- [Pro]Create your own remix pad variations.
- [Pro]Support for Audiobus 2 project saves.
- [Pro]Note erase mode – easily edit your recordings.
The Pro Upgrade is available at 50% off until July 7th, 2014. All Sounds Bundles are priced at 50% of the cost of purchasing the products individually.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Mobile
Iced Audio has released version 5.6.0 of AudioFinder, its audio library and production base station for Mac OS X.
AudioFinder can build a catalog of every sound on your system, save it, and search it instantly to find the sounds you need when you need them. Use AudioFinder to create custom sets for sound categories and specific projects, with fast file browsing to audition, analyze, process, convert, and move or copy the samples in your library.
Changes in AudioFinder v5.6.0
- Fully supports 10.9.
- 64-Bit only.
- Internal modernization of code to latest development kits.
- New flat design skin.
- Bug fixes.
AudioFinder is available for purchase for $69.95 USD.
More information: Iced Audio
Roland has introduced the SH-101 PLUG-OUT, a software synthesizer for the SYSTEM-1.
The SH-101 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer is a complete reproduction of the iconic SH-101 – right down to the fine details and odd quirks that make it one of the most popular classic synthesizers of all time.
Based on Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, it not only reproduces the SH-101’s legendary sounds, but faithfully recreates the very behavior of its analog circuitry – all with a level of authenticity that could only come from the company that created the original.
SH-101 PLUG OUT features
- Total authenticity through face-to-face consultation with the original designers and relentless research beyond the original schematics.
- Meticulously recreated oscillator and filter behavior – hallmarks of the SH-101 sound.
- Authentic behaviors including the unique interaction between low pass filter and envelope controls.
- Faithfully reproduces the unstable fluctuations that resulted from quirks in the SH-101’s circuitry.
- Classic SH-101 synth sounds – bass, lead, noise, and sound effects.
- Software layout features standard gray model, as well as red and blue models originally sold as limited editions.
- Two envelope sections allow different settings for VCF and VCA while maintaining the option of classic SH-101 envelope behavior.
- Reverb, chorus, delay and crusher effects that were not included in the original.
- Run as many instances as your computer can handle.
- Use SYSTEM-1 as a dedicated USB keyboard controller with lighted knobs and sliders that show only available parameters.
- PLUG-OUT with SYSTEM-1 lets you take an authentic SH-101 wherever you go, from mobile production to live performance.
- Transfer sounds between SYSTEM-1 and SH-101 with PLUG-OUT.
- Supports Macintosh and Windows, and AU and VSTi formats.
The SH-101 PLUG-OUT synthesizer will be available to SYSTEM-1 users on July 24th, 2014.
More information: Roland / SH-101 PLUG-OUT
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of the integration pack for Ableton Push and Nexus2, the virtual instrument by reFX.
The Mabelton Audio Integration Packs offer an instant way to solve a significant problem – popular third party VSTs cannot be used from Push in the same way as Ableton’s instruments can. So if you own Sylenth, DIVA, Zebra, the Arturia V Collection or Alchemy, this might interest you (more VSTs being added regularly – please check back).
Nexus 2 Push Integration Pack features
- Find ReFX Nexus2 and all its factory presets inside your Push menu.
- Browse through all 1,028 of the factory presets from Push’s screen.
- Load up any of the presets from Push.
- Control the main knobs and sliders on Nexus2 using Push’s knobs (and record your tweaks using Ableton’s automation function).
- Use Push features seamlessly with Nexus2, including step sequencer, in scale mode, etc.
The integration pack for Ableton Push and ReFX Nexus2 is available for purchase for £9.99 GBP.
More information: Crafted Sound / Push & Nexus2 integration pack
Dirac has announced the introduction of the Dirac M-Suite, a combination of technologies designed to enhance the sound quality from mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and portable media players using either earphones or built-in speakers. The first product to adopt Dirac M-Suite is the new tablet from Xiaomi, the Mi Pad.
Dirac has a long track record of providing audio technologies for high performance home audio, premium automotive, professional cinema and mobile applications.
Dirac M-Suite brings these technologies together, allowing them to work in synergy to provide the best possible mobile sound quality and listening experience.
Dirac M-Suite features
- Dirac HD Sound® provides tailor made sound correction for earphones and built-in speakers for an enhanced sound reproduction.
- An advanced sound field control technology allows faithful playback of surround sound through earphones by bringing the sound outside of the listener’s head.
- Dirac Power Sound™ allows the user to get the loudest possible sound without compromising sound quality.
“Many mobile device manufacturers are realizing the importance of audio quality, and Dirac is happy to be able to provide our customers with a unified platform that ensures they get the absolute best performance out of their device,” said Dr. Nilo Casimiro Ericsson, Technology Coordinator and Co-founder at Dirac. “We are continually seeking to expand the suite with a range of innovations and updates,” Ericsson added.
The first product making use of Dirac M-Suite is the new tablet from Xiaomi, the Mi Pad.
Founded in 2010, Xiaomi is one of China’s leading tech firms. The company, which is said to have been the fastest growing start up company in history, is projecting sales of over 40 million phones in 2014, more than double that of 2013. Xiaomi has earlier used various Dirac technologies to provide great sound quality in products such as the Xiaomi Mi2 and Mi3. The Mi3 upon its launch sold 100 000 units in 90 seconds.
More information: Dirac / M-Suite
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2014 - 0 comments
WaveDNA has released version 1.4 of its Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro, with community-requested features, improvements, and extended Ableton Live Max for Live support.
It’s been a long time! This release took its sweet time coming, but it’s packed with features and improvements.
For example, Liquid Rhythm 1.4 takes the concept of working with note clusters (a.k.a. “BeatForms”) many step further. You can now draw, paint, edit, and swap them around, directly in the Arranger. Making beats with the BeatForm Sequencer is fun, but direct Arranger-level editing is another great way to experiment and create variations.
Liquid Rhythm’s Max for Live plugin works wonders by editing clips directly in Ableton Live’s Session View. Our community wanted the power to edit Live clips with Liquid Rhythm directly in Ableton’s Arranger View as well. This update provides that capability.
Among the other improvements are: A brand new Sample Browser to incorporate your personal library of sounds into your productions, a Custom Instrument Type feature for the Max for Live patch, and an upgraded Clip Selector feature for the Ableton Live 9 Max for Live patch. More details of all the updates in version 1.4 are listed in the release notes below. Enjoy these and other fun and exciting updates to Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro.
(The majority of these updates were workflow enhancements requested by our community. Remember to email us or visit the forums to continue helping us shape Liquid Rhythm into a fun and powerful tool.)
Liquid Rhythm is available for $129 USD / $49 USD (Intro).
More information: WaveDNA