Zerodebug has announced the release of touchAble 2, the long-awaited completely new version of its dedicated Ableton Live controller app for iPad.
touchAble 2 comes with a new Template Editor.
During the last months, the Berlin-based developers team Zerodebug have focused their efforts to create touchAble 2 the ultimate iOS control surface entirely dedicated to Ableton LIVE.
touchAble App has become increasingly popular since it has arrived on the market in september 2010, as more Live users realize the flexibility and the high level of controls and customization offered by the app; at bargain rates compared with the dedicated hardware controllers currently available. Countless artists around the globe – from bedroom producers to award winning artists – use it on stage, in their studio or while on the road.
touchAble 2 has been completely redesigned from the ground up but also compatible with all iPad generations. All the new features of version 2 are available to users running touchAble on iPad1.
Changes in touchAble 2
- MIDI Sequencer.
- Template Editor.
- Isomorphic Keyboard.
- Live 9 Features including browser access.
- Advanced Native Live Templates.
- MIDI Mapping external Controller.
- Countless of new features and improvements.
The touchAble 2 app is available to purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: touchAble
Ableton has updated its Live music production software to version 9.1, providing several significant improvements for users of Live 9 and Push.
Live 9.1 takes advantage of multiple monitors to show you more at once.
Live 9.1 introduces support for two windows, including the option to place the windows on different monitors. Want to use the Session View mixer while keeping an eye on the Arrangement? How about using one monitor for tweaking effects parameters and another monitor for editing a MIDI clip? We hope this feature will please those users who told us how keen they are on dual monitor support, and it certainly promises to be a workflow booster for many music-making scenarios.
For Push owners, Live 9.1 introduces a brand new melodic step sequencer. Enter notes manually, or play them in, then edit each note in the sequence precisely – all via the hands-on interface of Push. Plus, you can now edit automation with step-by-step accuracy – maybe open up a filter for single notes, or add a splash of reverb to the last notes of a sequence.
Finally, there are a couple of under the hood changes that we’d like to draw your attention to. Live 9.1 includes a new rendering algorithm for better quality audio when exporting from higher to lower sample rates – for instance, going from 96kHz to 44.1kHz. Also, rendering now uses multiple cores, which can result in much faster exports. Ultra high-quality rendering and faster renders – now in Live 9.1.
Read the release notes for more details on what is new in Live 9.1.
The update is free for all owners of Live 9 (manual download required, earlier versions of Live 9 will not automatically update to Live 9.1).
More information: Ableton / Live
Feelyoursound has announced a limited time sale on XotoPad, offering a 50% discount on the app that turns any Windows 8 multitouch computer into a flexible MIDI touch controller device.
Control everything via touch, keyboard, and mouse input. Jam around, play the drums, trigger some loops – or play chords with the touch of your finger. Most DAWs will even allow you to mute channels and control playback with MIDI commands. Perfect for live performances!
- Control other MIDI software and hardware at your fingertips!
- Easy to use interface, perfect for live and studio use.
- Extremely low latencies.
- 2 banks with 16 pads, 1 bank with 36 pads, 1 bank with 4 pads.
- Multitouch and keyboard input for jamming.
- Ready for Windows 8 Desktop (32 Bit and 64 Bit).
- Way cheaper than any hardware controller – but more flexible at the same time.
- Buy once, get updates forever.
XotoPad is available to purchase at a 50% discount until December 5th, 2013 (regular 29 EUR).
More information: Feelyoursound
Image-Line has released version 1.1 of the FL Studio Groove touch-based music production & performance application for Windows 8.
We are pleased to announce the Fl Studio Groove version 1.1 update is available free to existing FL Studio Groove customers.
FL Studio Groove is a Windows 8 music production & performance application available from the Windows App store. Compose, arrange, edit, mix and perform professional quality music.
New features included with FL Studio Groove 1.1 include a Master Effects section with Limiter and 8 band Graphic Equalizer.
FL Studio Groove is available to purchase for $4.99 USD.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio Groove
MusicDevelopments has released version 2.5 of RapidComposer, a rapid music prototyping software designed for composers, song-writers and musicians of all musical styles.
After several months of continuous development and testing we are excited to announce this major update with the rewritten user manual and extra content for registered users (200+ reusable phrases). The update features the new Melody Generator.
Changes in RapidComposer v2.5
- New phrase generator specialized for making melodies: Melody Generator (not found in LE version).
- New rhythm generator: Bass Rhythm to create interesting rhythm patterns for bass.
- Custom phrases are saved in separate files. A phrase is written to file immediately when added to the browser.
- Directory can be specified to store custom phrases in (Settings/Directories tab).
- Chord palette reworked, bugs fixed, flats and sharps correctly displayed.
- Metronome added and redesigned UI in phrase editor.
- UI improvements on the MIDI Import panel.
- Composition templates supported, several templates provided.
- Note editing: ‘Move Notes To New Phrase’ in context pop-up menu.
- Add composition to history with comments (shortcut: K). It is easy to look up an earlier state.
- [VST] stability improvements (Reaper does not crash at exit).
- New keyboard shortcuts added for filling tracks with phrases and some shortcuts changed.
- Various fixes and improvements in the structure editor. Rearrange parts and lines by drag and drop.
- Snap/Grid: Bar option.
- New phrase transpose mode: Octave.
- Shortcuts ’1′ to ’9′ to start editing lines 1 to 9, Ctrl-’1′ to Ctrl-’9′ edits parts 1 to 9.
- Shortcut ‘Insert’ inserts one beat at the timeline position, Ctrl-’Insert inserts one bar.
- Shortcut ‘\’ splits selected phrases at the timeline position.
- Resizing the generator phrases (dragging the right edge) works again.
- Specifying manual rhythm works in the idea tool.
- Exported MIDI sometimes included the metronome track. This is fixed.
- The rhythm was not saved in the phrase browser for custom phrases that used “Manual Editing”.
- Scale preview fixed in the scale browser.
- Possible crash at MIDI import fixed (for corrupted MIDI files, or files containing unexpected data). MIDI import stability improved.
- New editing setting to reset transposition when phrase is added by doubleclicking.
- Small size soundfonts added.
- Chord progression preview will use the right scale for major and minor scale formulas (in progression browser and progression editor).
- Dozens of other smaller improvements and fixes.
RapidComposer is available at a 40% discount until December 31, 2013.
More information: MusicDevelopments