Mabelton Audio has announced U-HE DIVA – Ableton Push Integration Pack, an instant way to use u-he’s Diva virtual analog synthesizer from inside Ableton’s Push controller.
The DIVA Integration Pack will allow you to:
- Find DIVA and all its factory presets inside your Push menu
- Browse through all 1,437 of the factory presets from Push’s screen (latest version of DIVA, 1,437 presets)
- Load up any of the presets from Push
- Control the knobs and sliders on DIVA using Push’s knobs (and record your tweaks using Ableton’s automation function)
- NB Push allows for 99% of DIVA’s parameters to be controlled
There are 1,437 preset racks in this package, each with 16 banks of 8 mapped macros.(Preset categories: local, bass, lead, polysynth, dreamsynth, percussives, rhythmic, effects, templates, Big Tone Eco, Brontoscorpio, Fernando’s Hardware Factory, Ingo Weidner, Mcnoone, Mr Wobble, Sjoerd Van Geffen, Tasmodia, Treasure Trove)
The Ableton Push Integration Pack for Diva costs £4.99 GBP.
More information: Mabelton Audio / Diva Ableton Push Integration Pack
AudioFront has released version 1.1 of its MIDI Expression compact Pedal to USB MIDI interface, bringing improvements to all aspects of its design.
MIDI Expression is a compact class compliant USB MIDI device that allows different types of pedals to interface with your computer. Pedal sensing technology built into the device detects the type of pedal plugged in and automatically adjusts its settings to support it.
Changes in MIDI Expression v1.1
- New Form Factor – The most dramatic change for MIDI Expression comes in the form of its casing. MIDI Expression is now housed in a 3D printed enclosure allowing it to maintain its compact form while improving its aesthetics and strength. There are also now six colors available including, white, black, red, green, blue and yellow.
- Plug-in Version – The MIDI Expression Control application is now available in both standalone and VST varieties. The new plugin version allows configurations to be injected into the device on a per project basis offering a unique level of control.
- Updated Firmware – The updated firmware contains some improvements as well. Firstly each color now has a unique MIDI Port name to facilitate working with multiple devices. Secondly the onboard LED has been improved giving the user timely visual feedback.
MIDI Expression is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: MIDI Expresion
Serato has announced version 1.6 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
The latest update for Serato DJ includes Rane Hardware support, Pitch ‘N Time DJ Expansion Pack, Quantize, Nameable Cue Points, Jet Pack FX Expansion Pack, support for the Pioneer DDJ-SZ & Numark V7 Pro Controllers and the brand new Denon DJ MC6000MKII & Reloop Terminal Mix 8 DJ Intro Controllers and a healthy dose of maintenance bug fixes for continued stability and performance.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.6
- Rane Hardware Support: Support for the Rane SL2, Rane SL3, Rane SL4, Rane Sixty-One, Rane Sixty-Two and Rane Sixty-Eight.
- Pitch ‘N Time DJ: Allows you to speed up or slow down your track to extreme tempo values while maintaining its key perfectly, with the highest quality and definition of any available software.
- Serato DJ FX Expansion Pack – Jet Pack: A Trippy, Spacey & Rave infused FX Pack including: Shepard Filter, U.F.O., Space Verb & Bass Ducker.
- Quantize: Quantize mode allows you to set and trigger Cue Points on beat. Make sure you have your beatgrids set!
- Nameable Cue Points.
- OS X Mavericks 10.9 Support.
- Hardware Support: Pioneer DDJ-SZ, Numark V7 Pro Controllers, Denon DJ MC6000MKII & Reloop Terminal Mix 8 DJ Intro Controllers.
- Added Serato DJ Accessory Support: Pioneer CDJ-900, Denon DN-HC1000S.
- Other New Features: Stack View Mode, Open/Close crates from hardware, Improved Cue Point and Loops Display area.
See the release notes for detailed information on the update.
Serato DJ is available to purchase for $129 USD. The new Pitch ‘N Time DJ and Jet Pack expansion packs are available for $29 USD and $19 USD respectively.
More information: Serato / Serato DJ
Related: audio interface
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Feb 03, 2014
Native Instruments has launched a limited-time February special on TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2, the highly acclaimed 2+2 channel DJ control mixer that unites analog and digital DJing techniques.
Featuring two standalone channels each with Remix Deck controls, and an integrated 24-bit audio interface, TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 is the perfect pro-mixer for TRAKTOR DJs. Rear panel inputs provide connectivity for both turntables and CDJs, offering connectivity for purely analog as well as timecode-based setups. With a robust aircraft-grade aluminum enclosure, the Z2 is equipped with top-notch knobs and buttons, multi-colored cue point controls, and advanced Innofaders™ for durable, tactile mixing. TRAKTOR PRO 2′s Macro FX and Flux Mode are also directly accessible from the Z2′s dedicated buttons. An integrated USB hub even allows connectivity for multiple TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 and X1 controllers with plug-and-play simplicity.
TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 includes the latest version of the flagship TRAKTOR PRO 2 software. Trusted by countless professionals, TRAKTOR PRO 2 offers DJs up to four virtual decks, intuitive looping and cueing functionality, and a wide range of over 30 effects. In addition, integrated Remix Decks technology allows DJs to instantly record, loop and sample audio for on-the-fly remixing. For DJs who combine the flexibility of digital DJing with classic analog systems, the Z2 also comes with TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2* timecode vinyl and CDs.
TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 is available to purchase for $599 USD/599 EUR/£499 GBP until February 28, 2014 (regular $799 USD/799 EUR/£679 GBP).
TRAKTOR PRO 2 and TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 software are provided as a download following registration of the TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 mixer.
More information: Native Instruments / TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2
Tracktion Software Corporation has announced the release of Tracktion Version 5 (T5).
This eagerly awaited update to the popular Tracktion recording application combines an intuitive workflow with a ground-breaking feature set at a remarkable price.
“Our intention from the start has been to enable rapid capture and manipulation of musical ideas,” explained Julian Storer, Tracktion creator and co-founder of TSC. “To that end, Tracktion 5 eliminates barriers to the creative flow as it solves a number of problems that have long plagued the multi-track recording process.”
For instance, the need to create sub-mixes in order to free-up resources for additional tracks is now eliminated by T5’s revolutionary ‘Edit Clip’ format (left). This allows users to embed multi-track material as if it were a single audio clip – while allowing the source material to be edited. This makes even complex song arrangement a breeze and greatly improves the use of system resources.
To make the best possible use of your computer’s capabilities and achieve professional results without dedicated, external DSP, T5 introduces a full blown System Resource Manager and unique ‘Freeze Point’ technology. This gives the user precise control over which session elements should be automatically pre-rendered, so that they can reduce CPU load while retaining mixing/editing flexibility. The result is surprisingly low latency playback regardless of session size.
While MIDI is not new to digital recording, T5 includes a greatly enhanced set of MIDI capabilities. Creating beats with any of your favorite plug-ins has never been easier with a new “In-line Step Sequencer” (right) that can be viewed and edited right in the timeline like any other clip. The piano-roll editor has also been overhauled to include a raft of new features such as “Per-note Automation” and rapid “MIDI Learn” for easy integration with hardware controllers. There is even support for next-generation instruments such as ROLI’s Seaboard with MDC (multi-dimensional control).
Tracktion 5 has hundreds of new features – including ARA integration for Celemony Software’s Melodyne, rapid audio comping, track presets and much more.
T5 for Windows, Mac and Linux is available to purchase for $59.99 USD; upgrades are $29.99 USD.
More information: Tracktion
Karma-Lab has released KARMA Motif Software version 3.1, a major update that adds support for several more Yamaha instruments and Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.
KARMA Motif brings developer Stephen Kay’s award-winning and patented KARMA algorithmic music technology to a number of Yamaha Motif-based models, giving them extensive new interactive groove generation, arpeggiation and arranger-like capabilities. The software uses the Song/Mixing/Multi Mode of the Motif-based instruments to provide 16 part multi-timbral templates with the kind of fully interactive real-time controlled grooves that only KARMA can produce.
Changes in KARMA Motif Software v3.1
- Supports 5 Yamaha instruments: Motif XF, Motif XS, MOXF, MOX and Rack XS.
- Supports Mac OSX 10.4.11 through 10.9.x Mavericks, Universal.
- Supports Windows XP through Windows 8.1, 32 and 64-bit.
- Supports the Steinberg CMC-PD and CMC-QC external controllers, among others.
- Adds additional control ports for use with more external devices at the same time.
- New Previous Scene, Next Scene and Startup Scene functions.
- New Phase Activity Display shows the relationship of each Module’s Phase Pattern.
- Support for scrolling via MouseWheel/Trackpad where applicable.
- Revised and updated Help File including .pdf version; new and updated Tutorials.
- Other new features, enhancements, and improvements.
KARMA Motif for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $199 USD. The update is free for any current owners.
More information: Karma-Lab
Image-Line has announced the release of a public beta version of Minihost Modular, a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose.
As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST or AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities.
As a VST or AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend the capabilities of your existing DAW software with its powerful modular, recallable, environment.
Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
The beta of Minihost Modular is available to registered Image-Line users.
More information: Image-Line / Minihost Modular
Sony Creative Software has launched version 2.0 of its Sound Forge Pro audio editing software for Mac.
Generate flawless audio files with Sound Forge™ Pro Mac. New features include in-depth metering utilities, top-tier vocal processing, and the freestanding Convrt™ Batch Processing Automation Tool.
Seamless integration with SpectraLayers™ Pro 2 provides the finishing touch, delivering the ultimate in waveform and spectral editing program integration. Employ Sound Forge Pro Mac in your studio workstream and open smooth new pathways to audio excellence in OS X.
Changes in Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.0
- Convert Batch Processing Automation Tool. A freestanding utility for mass file format conversions, plug-in signal and effects processing treatments, and file metadata attachments including art. Convrt can handle repetitive chores in the background while recording and editing audio in the Sound Forge Pro Mac workspace.
- Interoperability with SpectraLayers Pro 2.1. Transfer audio data between Sound Forge Pro Mac and SpectraLayers Pro and experience the thrill of working freely across the world’s premiere waveform and spectral editing applications.
- iZotope Nectar Elements. The included Nectar Elements plug-in makes vocal treatment a snap. Get great results quickly by loading one of Nectar’s professionally designed Style presets and then customizing your sound by adjusting dedicated controls.
- Loudness Meters. Win the volume war with new metering options. EBU R128/CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering helps you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
- Event Mode Improvements. Convert regions to events, lock event markers, region markers, and envelope points to events, and automatically ripple successive events forward in time while editing.
- FLAC file format support. Generate files in this popular lossless format that features space-saving compression and comprehensive metadata-handling capabilities.
- Auto Trim/Crop tool. Automatically remove unnecessary silence in a sound file while fading the edges of program segments in and out with user-controlled fade lengths.
Sony has also updated its SpectraLayers Pro software application for audio spectrum editing to version 2.1.
The SpectraLayers Pro 2.1 update features seamless interoperability with Sound Forge Pro Mac 2, an efficient reverb removal process, an improved noise reduction algorithm, expanded noise removal process options, and user interface improvements that make this update a must have.
Take advantage of the power of SpectraLayers Pro and enjoy full integration with the entire Sound Forge Pro line on both Mac and PC platforms.
Sound Forge Pro 2 for Mac is available to purchase for $299.95 USD; SpectraLayers Pro costs $399.95 USD. Both are bundled in the Audio Master Suite for $499.95 USD.
More information: Sony Creative Software