Nektar has announced the deep integration with the Bitwig Studio DAW and the Nektar Panorama range of controllers featuring the unique and musician friendly direct DAW integration Nektar P series Keyboards are famous for.
From day one, Bitwig Studio will benefit from the extensive and transparent Panorama workflow integration that allows for controlling the Bitwig Studio mixer, instruments, effects, transport plus clip and scene launching right from Panorama P1, P4 or P6.
Building on Panorama’s workflow concept developed first for Reason and Cubase, additional functionality has been added to take full advantage of the Bitwig Studio controller API. This includes the ability to browse the instrument and effects device libraries of patches by category or creator, right from Panorama.
A step sequencer has also been included using the 8 LED buttons to program any of the up to 32 steps in a sequence. Panorama creates the events directly in Bitwig Studio so they are instantly part of a song and ready for further manipulation.
Taking advantage of the pads on the Panorama P4 and P6, it’s possible to trigger, create and record clips and scenes in absolute real-time. The Panorama display provides constant updates to show which clips are currently active, including the name of the clips available on the current track.
All things considered and also taking into account the compatibility of BitWig Studio with VST plug-ins, full navigation of all devices and their parameters, complete mixer control including motorized fader – the Panorama/Bitwig Studio combination may well be the most advanced hardware/software combination to date.
Registered owners of Panorama will be able to download the Panorama Bitwig Studio installer on March 26th, 2014.
More information: Nektar
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Mar 13, 2014 - 0 comments
PreSonus has announced its Music Creation Suite, a complete recording kit comprising hardware and software components for producing music.
Create music, podcasts, and more and distribute projects on the Web with PreSonus® Music Creation Suite recording kit, a complete solution for classrooms, school labs, churches, and home studios!
This special all-PreSonus system combines an AudioBox USB interface with Studio One® Artist music-production software, Notion music-notation and composition software, the PS49 USB MIDI keyboard, HD3 monitoring headphones, an M7 large-diaphragm condenser microphone, a free Nimbit account, a powered USB hub, and all necessary cables and mounts.
PreSonus will offer lesson plans and instructional videos to help music educators get the most from the new hardware/software recording and composition kit.
The Music Creation Suite has an expected street price of $399.95 USD. Custom site licenses for multiple units can be generated when the products are registered.
More information: PreSonus / Music Creation Suite
Dynaudio Professional has introduced a new AIR Control application for Mac and PC, allowing users to carry out advanced calibration and alignment of their AIR monitoring system.
The software provides access to advanced tools and features inside AIR monitors and subwoofers including timing and SPL calibration and parametric EQs for each monitor. Air Control allows users to define and store custom setups and presets with selective parameter locking, and a special measurement mode provides EQ line signal out from selected monitors.
“AIR Control will be available as a free download, and we are very excited to offer our current and future AIR users the advantages of this intuitive software that easily and intuitively unlocks all the power of their AIR monitor systems.” says Fred Speckeen, Global Business Manager for Dynaudio Professional. “AIR systems are an industry standard, and have been so for over a decade. It is chosen by ear by the world-leading film, music and broadcast production studios, and AIR Control is designed to meet their accelerating project and workflow demands where minutely accurate adjustments and configurations must be easily made, saved and quickly recalled.”
AIR Control replaces Dynaudio Professional’s original ‘TC PC-IP’ installer software that was developed for professional installers. The new AIR Control application design is easier to use and an even more efficient way to fine-tune a complete, digital AIR monitoring system. The new AIR Control runs on Mac, PC and Windows-based tablets.
AIR Control will be available free of charge June 2014.
More information: Dynaudio Professional / AIR Control
Steinberg has announced WaveLab 8.5, a purchasable point update for the award-winning audio editing and mastering software.
Available from June, WaveLab 8.5 includes new and easy file conversion and batch processing, A/B comparison between encoding formats, AAC encoder implementation and convenient multi-format rendering.
“This update marks an important step forward for the eighth iteration of WaveLab, focusing this round on encoding and processing audio files in a most efficient way,” said Timo Wildenhain, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
The new automated Watch Folder rendering feature applies processing to all audio files drag-and-dropped into designated folders. Users can now assign tasks, such as dithering, normalization, plug-in rendering and audio file format conversion, to any number of Watch Folders without having WaveLab open. Putting a big emphasis on working with codecs, WaveLab 8.5 sports the new Encoder Checker plug-in for real-time comparison of codecs and settings, with an FFT graph allowing for a precise analysis of the compressed sound quality. WaveLab now also supports encoding to the AAC file format to ensure compatibility with iTunes and related Apple hardware. Introducing new multi-format rendering capabilities facilitates exporting files to various formats simultaneously, and with much more ease than in previous versions.
The WaveLab 8.5 full retail version will be available from June 2014 as boxed version from authorized Steinberg resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price is 549 EUR, including German VAT.
The WaveLab 8.5 update from WaveLab 8 plus further updates and upgrades will also be available from June 2014 as download through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price for the WaveLab 8.5 update from WaveLab 8 is 49.99 EUR, including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / WaveLab 8.5
Zynewave has released version 3.2.1 of Podium Free, a free music production software for Windows.
Podium is a modern digital audio workstation (DAW) for Windows. It supports recording and editing of audio and MIDI, and hosts VST instrument and effect plugins.
Podium Free is a freeware edition of Podium. It is fully functional with only a few feature limitations. Download and installation does not require registration.
Changes in Podium Free v3.2.1
- Podium Free is available as both 64-bit (x64) and 32-bit (x86) builds.
- Support for Unicode file names and text input.
- New “Control Surfaces” page in the Audio/MIDI setup dialog. Up to eight Mackie Control compatible devices can be configured.
- Support for jBridge x86/x64 VST plugin wrapper.
- The installer allows specifying separate installation paths for Podium Free and the bundled Zynewave plugins.
- The installer includes an updated Podium Guide html document. Selecting context help in Podium will open this document instead of opening the online guide on the Zynewave website.
- Included a new Podium Release History html document that can be opened from the Podium Help menu.
- Reorganized the edit menu. Inactive menu commands that were previously hidden are now shown as grayed out, to make the appearance of the edit menu more consistent.
- Added several new edit menu commands to the note, curve and arrangement editors. Some of the commands open dialogs for adjusting velocities, transposition, curve points and sound events.
- Added several new mouse edit shortcuts to the velocity region. The shortcuts are listed in the popup help for the note velocity mode buttons.
- Support for mice with 4-way scroll wheel.
- Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
Podium Free is available to download for Windows.
More information: Zynewave / Podium Free
Swedish music machine maker Elektron announces the forthcoming Overbridge implementation for Analog Four, Analog Keys, and Analog Rytm.
This breakthrough technology completely erases the line between analog hardware and software plug-in instruments.
For the first time in history, seamless DAW integration of analog synthesizers and drum machines is a reality.
- Full VST/AU control — Thanks to Overbridge, the Analog range of Elektron machines can be deeply integrated with PC and Mac computers. The customized and machine specific software plugins, available in VST and AU formats, give direct parameter access over USB and allows efficient DAW based sound editing and sequencing. Overbridge merges the functionality of software plug-ins with the unmatched sound of analog hardware.
- Bi-directional USB audio streaming — Overbridge makes multi tracking easy. Connect a USB cable and record multiple Elektron machine voices to separate DAW tracks in 24 bit quality. Or send audio from a DAW, process it with the analog circuitry of the Elektron machines and bring back the results to a new DAW track all over a single USB cable and without timing issues. Overbridge even allows the Analog range of machines to be used as multi-channel USB sound cards.
- Total recall — Management of analog sounds and sequences has never been easier. Any adjustments made either directly on the Elektron hardware or via the software plug-in can be automatically recalled when loading a DAW project. Overbridge offers ultimate convenience when handling Elektron machine data.
Overbridge will be a part of a free OS update expected to be released Q4 2014. The OS update will work on all Analog Four, Analog Keys, and Analog Rytm units in existence.
More information: Elektron
Arturia has announced the KeyLab 88, an 88-note MIDI keyboard controller and hybrid synthesizer solution.
As implied by name, KeyLab 88 takes its rightful place at the top of Arturia’s acclaimed range of professional-grade MIDI keyboard controllers with a high-quality hammer-action Fatar keybed boasting 88 keys. Indeed, it’s all in the name.
For KeyLab 88 comes complete with Analog Lab — Arturia’s accomplished software synthesizer solution for Mac and PC with over 5,000 TAE® (True Analog Emulation) synthesis-powered professionally-programmed presets — to create a performance powerhouse par excellence.
KeyLab 88 will be available by the end of August, 2014. Pricing TBA.
More information: Arturia
Liine has released version 5.0 of its Lemur controller app for iOS.
Version 5 of Liine’s Lemur app features new sequencing objects, and allows for creating custom objects with the new Canvas object.
Now easier to use than ever, more customisable and with more out-of-the-box functionality. Any software or hardware that receives MIDI or OSC can be controlled by Lemur.
Control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more.
Changes in Lemur v5.0
- New Canvas object for creating custom objects
- 2D drawing, animation and mono/multi-touch support.
- Based on HTML5 Canvas specifications.
- Implemented as standard Lemur scripting.
- 50 new scripting functions.
- New sequencing objects: StepNote, StepSwitch, StepSlider
- Eight internal MIDI clocks, one for each MIDI Target.
- Clocks can run as master or sync to an external source.
- New type of script execution to trigger events based on musical subdivisions.
- New scripting functions for getting/setting clock state and bpm.
- New bundled templates.
- Numerous tweaks and improvements.
Lemur for iOS is available to purchase for $24.99 USD. The update is free for existing Lemur users.
More information: Liine / Lemur