Solid State Logic has announced that its SSL OffLine Setup Application for the SSL Live console is now available for free download.
The SSL OffLine Setup Application, or SOLSA, allows creation and editing of Live console Showfiles on a laptop or desktop PC.
Almost anything that can be done on a Live console can now be manipulated and configured ‘offline’ when access to a console is not possible.
Software functionality includes console architecture configuration and setup of Fader Tile Layers and Banks. Stageboxes and I/O routing can be assigned along with the creation of scenes and other automation editing. SOLSA also allows you to add effects, manipulate channel processing settings, bus routing and VCA assignments. SOLSA includes the same Help System as the Live console software, offering a built-in user guide with tutorials and reference sections.
SOLSA is intended to enable engineers to configure Showfiles in preparation for shows but it is a fantastic way for anybody to explore and learn about the SSL Live console.
The software is a free download for Windows.
More information: Solid State Logic / Offline Software
WaveMachine Labs has released version 1.151 of its Auria recording app for iPad.
With the ability to play 48 mono or stereo 24bit/96 kHz tracks simultaneously, record up to 24 of those tracks simultaneously (through a supported USB multichannel audio interface), and edit and mix with familiar tools and full parameter automation, it’s clear Auria sets a new standard for iPad multitrack recording.
Changes in Auria v1.151
- Issue with deleting automation.
- Auria muting output when using Audiobus on an Aux or Subgroup output.
- Freezing issue with mono tracks and IAA plug-ins.
- Import issue when importing audio for video.
- Tempo issue using auto-time stretching when importing certain loops.
- International characters problem with AudioCopy/Paste.
- Issue with removing an IAA plugin and the previous plug-in getting re-enabled.
- IAA issue with mono tracks when quitting the plug-in outside of Auria.
Auria is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $24.99 USD.
More information: WaveMachine Labs / Auria
accSone has announced the release of crusherX-Live! 7.1, a major new version of the granular sound system for Windows.
crusherX-Live! 7 introduces a new vapor parameter: X-Crush. Invented by accSone in 2014, who say it is unique in the world of granular synthesis, X-Crush adds a special asymmetric ring-modulation transformation fed by the overlap of each grain with its successor. While interacting dynamically with the other vapor parameters X-Crush will lead from subtle ringing artifacts up to extreme phase shifting and distortion sounds.
Also, the UI has been reworked to integrate better into professional environments. crusher-Live! supports Windows 8.1.
Changes in crusherX-Live! v7.1
- Adds X-Crush parameter that does sound processing on the grain overlaps.
- Fixes crash on long grain lengths in combination with high MIDI notes.
- Adds automatic fader range buttons behavior on parameter changes.
- Improves UX, enhance workflows and UI Skins.
- Adds standard menu popups for item selection.
- Fixes volume slider manual editing bug.
- Reduces footprint of the program data (faster program loading).
crusherX-Live! for Windows is available for purchase for 79 EUR. The Upgrade from a previous version is 49 EUR. Prices include 19% VAT.
More information: crusherX-Live!
Cockos has released version 4.7 of Reaper, the music production software for Windows and Mac.
REAPER is digital audio workstation software: a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment.
Changes in Reaper v4.7
- Project settings: better media format options for glue/apply FX, etc.
- Able to select a preset when loading an FX.
- More commands added to project tabs context menu, including Close all projects but current.
- Multiple files can be opened together, each in its own project tab.
- Project Tab close button can be dragged and dropped to left or right.
- Media Explorer options now include Preserve pitch shift when changing media, Pitch shift knob behavior (now configurable), Always show waveform peaks for selected media, Display preview positions in tenths of seconds, Auto-stop preview after adding media and Add current folder to shortcut list.
- Item Properties dialog: Position and Length can be displayed as time, beats or HMSF.
- New option on MIDI Editor Customize note names menu to Merge note names from file …
- New MIDI Editor mouse modifier contexts for MIDI source loop and marker and MIDI marker/region lane.
- ReaVerb usage tips.
- File Consolidate/Export: more options explained.
- Project rendering: more options explained.
- New option under Preferences, General to open last active project, all previously open project tabs, new project, or prompt. More options explained.
- Performance Meter data is now sortable: also ReaMote column added when ReaMote is enabled.
- Check the changelog for full details.
Cockos has also updated its ReaPlugs effect plugins to version 2.2, adding a 64-bit version and updates for ReaJS.
More information: Reaper
Image-Line has announced the release of a 64-bit version of its FL Studio music production software.
FL Studio 64 Bit is a free option for existing customers while new customers get FL Studio 32 and 64 Bit with no change to current FL Studio pricing.
FL Studio 64 is available in a single unified FL Studio 32/64 Bit installer or as a 64 Bit update installer for any version of FL Studio 11.
FL Studio 64 Bit features
- Access up to 512 GB memory, depending on your Windows version.
- 32 Bit bridged and 64 Bit native VST plugin support.
- Project compatibility between 32 and 64 Bit versions.
- FL Studio available as a 64 Bit VST plugin for use in 64 Bit VST hosts.
- Limitations: The following features & plugins rely on 3rd party code that is not available in 64 Bit at this time – Buzz Adapter, Edison ‘Clean Audio’ function*, FL Slayer, Fruity Soundfont Player*, Synthmaker/Flowstone*, Wasp/Wasp XT (*Planned for a future 64 Bit update).
Find more details on the 64-bit update at this news post.
FL Studio is available for purchase in various editions, starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers can save 10% off a purchase here.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
Feelyoursound has announced that its Sundog Scale Studio is now available for Mac OS X.
The standalone software connects to other DAWs and hardware instruments via MIDI and sends note commands to trigger chords and melodies.
The main focus of Sundog lies on writing harmonic EDM songs from scratch without having to worry about music theory.
Sundog Scale Studio features
- Over 300 scales included.
- Create harmonic melodies and arpeggios easily.
- MIDI file export via drag and drop.
- Find all fitting chords for a given scale.
- Convert MIDI note input (white keys) to scale notes.
- Cure writer’s block by experimenting with new harmonies.
- Output: Standard MIDI note data.
- Input: MIDI notes, computer keys, mouse.
- Buy once, get updates forever – for all supported platforms.
Sundog for Windows and Mac costs $39 USD / 29 EUR.
To celebrate the release of Sundog for Mac, Feelyoursound is offering a 15% discount until Sunday July 13th, 2014.
More information: Feelyoursound / Sundog Scale Studio
Paracosm has launched Polymer, a MIDI utility which translates MIDI streams from input devices to output devices.
Polymer lets you play your monophonic synths together, like they’re all part of some giant mutant polysynth. And it operates via plain old MIDI, so it’s compatible with almost anything — modulars, samplers, even virtual instruments.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg: alternate notes between different synths in monophonic sequences, layer pads and leads to create songs without leaving the keyboard, or experiment with the outer limits of modular paraphony.
- Control up to 32 MIDI channels simultaneously, for 32-voice polyphony.
- MIDI Merge between unlimited MIDI input channels.
- Velocity, Pitch Bend, and Mod Wheel data are transmitted automatically.
- Two Algorithms for voice allocation — Static starts at the same voice each time, while Cycle alternates in round-robin fashion.
- Forward, Backward, and Random Direction options for choosing the next voice.
- Supports Voice Stealing, allowing for continuous play regardless of available voices.
- Currently limited to one voice per MIDI channel, even for polyphonic synths.
The app is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. Requires 64-bit Mac with OSX 10.7 or greater.
More information: Polymer