, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2014 - 0 comments
WaveDNA has released version 1.4 of its Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro, with community-requested features, improvements, and extended Ableton Live Max for Live support.
It’s been a long time! This release took its sweet time coming, but it’s packed with features and improvements.
For example, Liquid Rhythm 1.4 takes the concept of working with note clusters (a.k.a. “BeatForms”) many step further. You can now draw, paint, edit, and swap them around, directly in the Arranger. Making beats with the BeatForm Sequencer is fun, but direct Arranger-level editing is another great way to experiment and create variations.
Liquid Rhythm’s Max for Live plugin works wonders by editing clips directly in Ableton Live’s Session View. Our community wanted the power to edit Live clips with Liquid Rhythm directly in Ableton’s Arranger View as well. This update provides that capability.
Among the other improvements are: A brand new Sample Browser to incorporate your personal library of sounds into your productions, a Custom Instrument Type feature for the Max for Live patch, and an upgraded Clip Selector feature for the Ableton Live 9 Max for Live patch. More details of all the updates in version 1.4 are listed in the release notes below. Enjoy these and other fun and exciting updates to Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro.
(The majority of these updates were workflow enhancements requested by our community. Remember to email us or visit the forums to continue helping us shape Liquid Rhythm into a fun and powerful tool.)
Liquid Rhythm is available for $129 USD / $49 USD (Intro).
More information: WaveDNA
Audiobus has released version 2.1 of the Audiobus app for iOS, the inter-app audio routing system that allows you to connect your Audiobus-compatible music apps together.
With a simple and clean interface, easily connect the output of one Audiobus-compatible app into the input of another. Use Audiobus to play a synthesizer live into a looper or multi-track recorder, or use one app to manipulate the live output of another.
Changes in Audiobus v2.1
- New Multi-Routing feature (In-App Purchase) allows unlimited connections and effect chaining.
- Presets let you save and share connections and the settings of the individual apps within your Audiobus workflow.
- Multi-channel input hardware support.
- New hardware latency controls.
Audiobus for iOS is available from the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD.
More information: Audiobus
Steinberg has announced the release of WaveLab 8.5, an update to its audio editing and mastering suite for Windows and Mac.
WaveLab 8.5, the latest generation of the ultimate audio editing and mastering suite, is shipping now and ready for taking your audio to perfection. The brand-new version adds valuable new features and accelerates workflows for essential audio tasks such as batch processing, file rendering and working with encoders.
Changes in WaveLab 8.5
- Watch Folders: Drag-and-drop automated offline-processing feature, using standard folders of the operating system to process and render audio files.
- Encoder Checker: Compare and contrast codec quality and settings on the fly without perceivable latency and with up to three streams simultaneously, such as MP3, AAC and OGG Vorbis.
- Multi-format rendering: Render to multiple audio file formats simultaneously and save encoding chains as presets.
- AAC Encoder: Encode straight to AAC formats, such as HE-AAC, HE-AAC v2, HD-AAC and 3GPP, for compatibility to Apple products, such as iTunes, iPod and iPhone.
WaveLab 8.5 is available for purchase for MSRP 549 EUR. The WaveLab 8.5 update from WaveLab 8 is MSRP 49.99 EUR. Prices including German VAT.
A free grace period upgrade is available for those who activated WaveLab 8 after January 29th, 2014.
More information: Steinberg / WaveLab 8.5
Re-Compose has released version 18.104.22.168 of its Liquid Notes intelligent songwriting assistant software.
Liquid Notes is a revolutionary standalone instrument and plug-in that combines a world-class composer, songwriting partner, arranger, electronic artist, producer, and live DJ, and a set of meticulously designed controls and functions—all in one package! Beyond breathtaking musical skill and analytical capabilities, Liquid Notes allows its users unlimited creativity and inspiration through its groundbreaking functionality.
Changes in Liquid Notes v22.214.171.124
- MIDI files can now be dragged out of Liquid Notes, dropped onto other programs, or saved to the file manager for a more comfortable workflow.
- The window Settings now features a link “Learn more” in the bottom left corner. Click on it to find information on each of the settings listed for the tab/window open.
- The MIDI Clock Sync feature is now turned “off” by default, and some bugs related to it have been fixed.
- Empty MIDI files will now report the error message “Invalid MIDI”, telling the user to check the MIDI file.
- The selector for the target scale of LN Live has been moved from the bottom right of the main window to Settings. In its place, the current scale is shown at all times now.
- We included some libraries with relevance for the Java RunTime installation on your system to operate correctly. This ensures that Java is installed correctly and that no components are missing.
- More little bits and pieces that we corrected along the way.
Liquid Notes is available for Windows and Mac, priced at 139 EUR. The Ableton Live version is 79 EUR. A limited time discount is available until June 15th, 2014. Use coupon LNGOAL14 at checkout.
More information: Re-Compose
MakeMusic has released Finale 2014b, a free update for the music notiation software for Windows.
Finale is the world-wide industry standard in music notation software. Anywhere music appears on the printed page, Finale likely created those pages. Finale helps the choir to sing, the band to march, the students to learn, and the orchestra to raise the excitement level in the latest blockbuster movie.
Changes in Finale 2014b
- Mac highlights include:
- Many audio-related crashes have been fixed and USB mono input devices no longer cause errors.
- Bank volume settings are retained and all Garritan Instruments for Finale instruments respond to Mixer volume controls.
- Unicode characters no longer cause file name problems and error messages are more descriptive.
- Several view/display issues and application switching problems have been addressed.
- Windows highlights include:
- Audio Engine errors no longer appear with some ASIO audio devices and USB mono input devices no longer cause errors.
- Unicode characters no longer cause file name problems, backup and auto-save files are included in Open dialogs, and error messages are more descriptive.
- Highlights for both Mac and Windows users include:
- Human Playback correctly interprets glissandi, fp markings, and articulation trills, and also recognizes keyswitches in all layers.
- Notes on the opposite stem side in cluster chords can be selected, and rests can be repositioned when Consolidate Rests Across Layers is enabled.
- Multiple MIDI file fixes include proper percussion import and retention of track/staff names and key signatures.
- Numerous crashing situations have been fixed, and file saving speed and Score Manager performance have been improved.
Finale 2014 is available for purchsase for $600 USD (retail) / $350 USD (academic/theological), with various upgrade options available as well. Finale 2014b is a free update now available to registered Finale 2014 owners.
More information: Finale
Beat magazine has announced the DJ & Producer Starter Kit a new Beat Workzone series edition.
Club events, beach parties, birthdays or weddings: The DJ is the main actor and guarantees for good music and feelings. Thus, a successful career start as DJ has never been so easy.
The latest edition of the Beat Workzone series contains all software tools you need to start a career as DJ, performer or producer. 42 full versions support your start on Windows or OS X , numerous workshops in the booklet will accompany you during the first steps and get you ready for the big show.
To name a few: Algoriddim djay 4.2, One DJ Start, pcdj DEX 2 LE, Virtual DJ Home 7, Magix Music Maker 2014 Silver, Mixxx, MJ Studio, 8Kut, Digijay and Jajuk DJ.
The DJ & Producer Starter Kit is available for purchase for 9.90 Euro from Falkemedia.
More information: Beat / DJ & Producer Starter Kit
Image-Line has posted a previe video of the new vectorial mixer that will be part of the upcoming FL Studio 12 music production software.
The FL Studio 12 Alpha preview version is available to download for FL Studio owners. Note that the new mixer is not included yet.
New Image-Line customers can purchase a license of FL Studio with 10% discount.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio 12 Alpha