Zynewave has released version 3.2.1 of Podium Free, a free music production software for Windows.
Podium is a modern digital audio workstation (DAW) for Windows. It supports recording and editing of audio and MIDI, and hosts VST instrument and effect plugins.
Podium Free is a freeware edition of Podium. It is fully functional with only a few feature limitations. Download and installation does not require registration.
Changes in Podium Free v3.2.1
- Podium Free is available as both 64-bit (x64) and 32-bit (x86) builds.
- Support for Unicode file names and text input.
- New “Control Surfaces” page in the Audio/MIDI setup dialog. Up to eight Mackie Control compatible devices can be configured.
- Support for jBridge x86/x64 VST plugin wrapper.
- The installer allows specifying separate installation paths for Podium Free and the bundled Zynewave plugins.
- The installer includes an updated Podium Guide html document. Selecting context help in Podium will open this document instead of opening the online guide on the Zynewave website.
- Included a new Podium Release History html document that can be opened from the Podium Help menu.
- Reorganized the edit menu. Inactive menu commands that were previously hidden are now shown as grayed out, to make the appearance of the edit menu more consistent.
- Added several new edit menu commands to the note, curve and arrangement editors. Some of the commands open dialogs for adjusting velocities, transposition, curve points and sound events.
- Added several new mouse edit shortcuts to the velocity region. The shortcuts are listed in the popup help for the note velocity mode buttons.
- Support for mice with 4-way scroll wheel.
- Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
Podium Free is available to download for Windows.
More information: Zynewave / Podium Free
Swedish music machine maker Elektron announces the forthcoming Overbridge implementation for Analog Four, Analog Keys, and Analog Rytm.
This breakthrough technology completely erases the line between analog hardware and software plug-in instruments.
For the first time in history, seamless DAW integration of analog synthesizers and drum machines is a reality.
- Full VST/AU control — Thanks to Overbridge, the Analog range of Elektron machines can be deeply integrated with PC and Mac computers. The customized and machine specific software plugins, available in VST and AU formats, give direct parameter access over USB and allows efficient DAW based sound editing and sequencing. Overbridge merges the functionality of software plug-ins with the unmatched sound of analog hardware.
- Bi-directional USB audio streaming — Overbridge makes multi tracking easy. Connect a USB cable and record multiple Elektron machine voices to separate DAW tracks in 24 bit quality. Or send audio from a DAW, process it with the analog circuitry of the Elektron machines and bring back the results to a new DAW track all over a single USB cable and without timing issues. Overbridge even allows the Analog range of machines to be used as multi-channel USB sound cards.
- Total recall — Management of analog sounds and sequences has never been easier. Any adjustments made either directly on the Elektron hardware or via the software plug-in can be automatically recalled when loading a DAW project. Overbridge offers ultimate convenience when handling Elektron machine data.
Overbridge will be a part of a free OS update expected to be released Q4 2014. The OS update will work on all Analog Four, Analog Keys, and Analog Rytm units in existence.
More information: Elektron
Arturia has announced the KeyLab 88, an 88-note MIDI keyboard controller and hybrid synthesizer solution.
As implied by name, KeyLab 88 takes its rightful place at the top of Arturia’s acclaimed range of professional-grade MIDI keyboard controllers with a high-quality hammer-action Fatar keybed boasting 88 keys. Indeed, it’s all in the name.
For KeyLab 88 comes complete with Analog Lab — Arturia’s accomplished software synthesizer solution for Mac and PC with over 5,000 TAE® (True Analog Emulation) synthesis-powered professionally-programmed presets — to create a performance powerhouse par excellence.
KeyLab 88 will be available by the end of August, 2014. Pricing TBA.
More information: Arturia
Liine has released version 5.0 of its Lemur controller app for iOS.
Version 5 of Liine’s Lemur app features new sequencing objects, and allows for creating custom objects with the new Canvas object.
Now easier to use than ever, more customisable and with more out-of-the-box functionality. Any software or hardware that receives MIDI or OSC can be controlled by Lemur.
Control DJ software, live electronic music performance software, studio production software (DAWs), VJ software, visual synthesis software, stage lighting and more.
Changes in Lemur v5.0
- New Canvas object for creating custom objects
- 2D drawing, animation and mono/multi-touch support.
- Based on HTML5 Canvas specifications.
- Implemented as standard Lemur scripting.
- 50 new scripting functions.
- New sequencing objects: StepNote, StepSwitch, StepSlider
- Eight internal MIDI clocks, one for each MIDI Target.
- Clocks can run as master or sync to an external source.
- New type of script execution to trigger events based on musical subdivisions.
- New scripting functions for getting/setting clock state and bpm.
- New bundled templates.
- Numerous tweaks and improvements.
Lemur for iOS is available to purchase for $24.99 USD. The update is free for existing Lemur users.
More information: Liine / Lemur
Nektar has announced the immediate release of a powerful integration of Apple Logic X with the advanced workflow of the Panorama range of products including Panorama P1, Panorama P4 and Panorama P6.
Apple Logic X users can now benefit from a transparent musical workflow similar to what Panorama already delivers for Cubase and Reason.
Designed to allow musicians and producers to focus on their music without constantly having to reach for their mouse, Panorama delivers creative freedom, previously not available to Logic users.
Nektar Panorama Logic integration features
- Multi-channel mixing of volume, pan, mute and solo in banks up to 8 channels at a time.
- Navigation using Track and Bank buttons.
- Motorized fader plus dedicated mute and solo buttons follows selected channel (P4 & P6 only).
- Complete transport control including ability to set and go to left and right locators, switch click on/off, record arm plus more.
- Channel strip control of EQ, Sends, Smart Controls and Insert plug-ins.
- Insert and Instrument plug-in control.
- Parameter feedback and menu selection options transparent via Panorama’s TFT display.
- The order of Plug-in parameters and Smart Controls is customizable via Logic plist files.
In addition, Logic users get the benefit of Panorama’s comprehensive generic MIDI controller capabilities as well as the unique QWERTY macro function that allows for up to 8 shortcut commands to be sent out at the push of just one Panorama button.
Panorama integration files are available to registered Panorama users from the Nektar website immediately.
More information: Nektar
apeSoft has announced the release of iVCS3, an official emulation of the EMS VCS3 modular synthesizer, now available for iPad.
VCS3 portable semi-modular analog synthesizer now available for iPad.
The VCS3 has three oscillators (in reality, the first 2 oscillators are normal oscillators and the 3rd an LFO or Low Frequency Oscillator), a noise generator, two input amplifiers, a ring modulator, a 18dB/octave (pre-1974) or 24dB/octave (after 1974) voltage controlled low pass filter (VCF), a trapezoid envelope generator, joy-stick controller, voltage controlled spring reverb unit and 2 stereo output amplifiers.
Unlike most modular synthesizer systems which use cables to link components together, the VCS3 uses a distinctive patch board matrix into which pins are inserted in order to connect its components together.
The iVCS3 is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
To celebrate the launch of iVCS3, the iDensity, iPulsaret, and Stria apps are on sale for $4.99 USD for 2 weeks.
More information: apeSoft
Image-Line has announced a second beta of Minihost Modular, a free modular plugin host for Windows and Mac.
This beta includes improvements and fixes based on user feedback so far. We thank the beta-testers for their enthusiastic response to Minihost Modular.
Minihost Modular is a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose. As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST or AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities. As a VST or AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend the capabilities of your existing DAW software with its powerful modular, recallable, environment. Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
The new beta installers for Windows & OS X are available to download for registered Image-Line users (registration is free).
More information: Image-Line / Minihost Modular Beta 2
Faber Acoustical has released version 2.0 of its RoomScope room acoustics app for iOS, which now fully supports iOS 7 with a refreshed look and feel that is consistent with recent updates to SignalScope Pro and IOScope.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard.
RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
Changes in RoomScope v2.0
- RoomScope’s appearance has been completely revamped for iOS 7. RoomScope supports both iOS 6 and iOS 7, but looks largely the same on iOS 6 as the previous version.
- Audio data handling is more efficient.
- When entering a preferred sample rate, “48k” can be entered in the text box, as an alternative to typing out “48000.”.
- Default input sensitivities have been updated, based on measurements of the iPhone 5S and 5C microphones and headset inputs. Nominal input sensitivities have also been updated for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
- Cursor info text now uses a larger font.
- 2Ch IR works properly when the internal excitation signal is selected for the X input and pan is set to 100%.
- A bug in the HTTP file server has been fixed.
RoomScope for iOS is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.
More information: Faber Acoustical / RoomScope