Solid State Logic has introduced the new X-Rack Stereo Dynamics Module.
The new X-Rack Module delivers the same sonic signature as the channel strip processing of SSL’s large format Duality console and the mono X-Rack SuperAnalogue™ Dynamics Module in a stereo configuration. The module is intended for stereo tracking or stem mixing and further extends the availability of SSL’s sonic heritage to studios of all sizes.
“When we first conceived of the AWS 948, we completed work on a stereo dynamics module to match the stereo input capability of the new console,” says Niall Feldman, director of new products for Solid State Logic. “Beyond the AWS 948, however, was the need for a stereo dynamics unit to round out the module offerings for X-Rack. We believe the industry will find this new module extremely valuable over a wide range of recording and mix applications.”
The X-Rack Stereo Dynamics Module is a stereo version of the powerful SuperAnalogue™ Dynamics Module. Featuring Compressor/Limiter and Expander/Gate circuits, the Stereo Dynamics Module provides the familiar SSL level control tools for both recording and mixing applications.
The Compressor section can switch between a gentle Soft Knee (Over Easy) RMS compression to a more aggressive Peak Sensing or Hard Knee mode, providing a wide range of leveling control. The secondary circuit can function as either a Noise Gate or an Expander further enhancing the creative sound sculpting possibilities. The feature set is completed by an External Key Input (mono), for triggering the unit from an external sound source, and the ability for multiple adjacent units to be linked.
X-Rack Stereo Dynamics Module features
- +4dBu Operating Level.
- Balanced Stereo Line 1/4″ Jack Input and Output.
- RMS or Peak Sense Stereo Compressor/Limiter.
- Dedicated Gain Reduction Metering.
- Independently switched Gate/Expander.
- External Key Input 1/4″ Jack.
- Link function for multiple modules.
The Stereo Dynamics Module will be available from February 2011 priced at $1,159 USD / £699 GBP / 839.50 EUR.
More information: Solid State Logic / X-Rack
Related: audio interface
, effect plugins
, Empirical Labs
, Solid State Logic
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Jan 13, 2011
Universal Audio has announced the impending release of UAD-2 Satellite DUO and QUAD Firewire DSP Accelerator Packages.
As the newest members of UA’s UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins platform, the UAD-2 Satellite family combines DSP acceleration with the plug-and-play simplicity of Firewire 800/400 – perfect for modern, Intel-based iMacs and MacBook Pros.
UAD-2 SatelliteThe UAD-2 Satellite puts the entire UAD Powered Plug-Ins library within easy reach of Firewire 800 and 400-equipped computers; no PCIe card installation required. In developing these UAD plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with leading hardware manufacturers – including Roland, Neve, Studer, dbx, Solid State Logic, Lexicon, Manley, Empirical Labs, Trident, SPL, EMT and more – using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears. This gives computer-based musicians and engineers the warmth and harmonics of classic analog recordings, wherever they mix.
Available in DUO or QUAD processor format (with either two or four Analog Devices SHARC processors, respectively), UAD-2 Satellite packages provide a processing “boost” for digital audio workstations, and include a selection of classic analog emulation plug-ins, right out of the box.
Notable UAD-2 Satellite features include:
- Access the UAD Powered Plug-Ins library on select Firewire 800 and 400 equipped computers.
- Compatible with a wide range of modern Intel-based iMacs and MacBook Pros.
- Run larger mixes in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Performer and more – without taxing host computer CPU.
- 5 models to choose from:
- DUO (Core).
- DUO Flexi (w/ $500 Plug-In Voucher).
- QUAD (Core).
- QUAD Flexi (w/ $500 Plug-In Voucher).
- QUAD Omni v5.7 (w/ 50 UAD plug-ins).
The complete line of UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators is slated for a Q1 2011 release with prices starting at $899 MAP USD.
More information: Universal Audio
Solid State Logic has announced Nucleus, a unique, high quality DAW Controller and SuperAnalogue™ audio hub for professional project studios.
Nucleus re-defines the professional project studio with a combination of advanced DAW control, transparent SuperAnalogue™ monitoring, high class analogue mic pres, pro quality USB audio interface and bundled SSL Duende plug-ins. There is no other product available which offers the professional producer/engineer all these elements, with benchmark audio performance and elegant ergonomics. Not only is it unique but Nucleus is also outstanding value; these elements bought separately would cost more and deliver a less elegant solution.
Nucleus is a compact desktop unit that creates a comfortable, efficient, hands on operating environment for DAW based Music and Film/TV Post production. It provides everything you need to record and monitor audio and to control your DAW quickly and efficiently without resorting to your mouse. Nucleus streamlines your workflow and helps you focus on your sound, not your screen.
- Advanced DAW Controller
- HUI & MCU control; compatible with ProTools®, Logic®, Cubase/Nuendo® and all major DAW applications.
- Switch between 3 connected DAW’s with a single button press.
- Two banks of 8 channel controls plus centre section controls.
- Touch sensitive 100mm motorised faders.
- Digital Scribble Strips with assignable V-Pots and soft keys.
- Completely user customisable DAW & Key Command mapping.
- Large heavy duty transport buttons and high quality jog/shuttle wheel.
- Standard 1/4” Jack footswitch connection.
- Excellent visual feedback via self illuminating buttons, LED’s and DAW Level Metering.
- Remote Logictivity Browser for effortless configuration.
- SD card for non volatile project storage.
- Four USB sockets for use as a 4 port USB hub.
- Unique audio nerve centre for your project studio
- Benchmark SuperAnalogue™ quality output to separate +4dBu & -10dBV connections.
- High quality USB audio interface stereo record and playback path for your DAW.
- Two Combi XLR mic/line/instrument level inputs to audio interface and monitor outputs.
- Digital S/PDIF I/O to the AD/DA of the audio interface.
- Zero latency Rec monitoring with wet/dry control to balance input and DAW playback.
- SSL SuperAnalogue™ Mic Pre’s, identical to those used on SSL Duality and AWS consoles.
- Mic inputs have 80Hz High Pass Filters, Phase Reverse and Phantom Power.
- Insert send/return connections switched between inputs and DAW playback for mixdown.
- Additional ‘external’ SuperAnalogue™ input monitor path for another audio interface.
- Two headphone outputs and one iJack monitor input.
- The Duende Native Essentials Bundle
- Nucleus includes the Duende Native Essentials Bundle of VST/AU/RTAS plug-ins which includes; The SSL Channel EQ & Dynamics plug-in and the Stereo Bus Compressor plug-in.
Nucleus will be available from SSL Resellers Worldwide from Dec 2010 priced at £3000 GBP / 3599 EUR / $4999 USD (prices excl. VAT).
More information: Solid State Logic / Nucleus
Solid State Logic has announced the Stereo EQ Module, a new module for the X-Rack modular rack system.
The X-Rack Stereo EQ Module is a stereo version of SSL’s console Channel EQ. It is a classic SSL four-band parametric EQ that is a superb all round frequency adjustment tool kit. Whether you need pinpoint accuracy for surgical problem solving, smoother broader sound shaping, or a little more aggressive character the SSL Stereo EQ will give you what you need. This is a fully featured EQ with high- and low-bands switchable between shelving or fixed Q bell curves and two mid-bands each with variable Q control. This stereo version introduces a ‘Selective Mode’ switch which enables independent switching of high & low bands and mid bands between SSL’s E & G series console EQ characteristics to provide an even more versatile EQ design.
Stereo EQ Module features
- Stereo version of the XL 9000 K Channel Equaliser as used on Duality & AWS consoles.
- ‘Selective Mode’ E and G characteristic switching, which enables independent switching of high & low bands and mid bands between E or G curves.
- High and low-bands switchable between shelving and fixed Q Bell curves.
- EQ IN switch for A/B comparison.
- Rear panel connections on balanced TRS Jack.
- TotalRecall™ status LEDs.
More information: Solid State Logic / Stereo EQ Module
Solid State Logic has released the X-Patch Remote Control, a free iPhone App for SSL’s X-Patch analogue routing matrix.
The X-Patch Remote Control from Solid State Logic® searches a network over Wi-Fi for SSL’s X-Patch devices and then lists and recalls the in-built Logictivity® presets. There are up to 128 presets per X-Patch found, and where more than one X-Patch is found, each device can be independently selected and controlled.
Solid State Logic has evolved over the past 40 years to become the world’s leading manufacturer of analogue and digital audio consoles and provider of creative tools for film, audio, video and broadcast professionals.
X-Patch is designed to deliver the flexibility of plug-in style routing to boutique analogue signal processing. X-Patch allows analogue signal processing units to be built into favourite processing chains and then easily placed into signal paths, for example, favourite Mic Pre, EQ & Dynamics processors recalled as the perfect vocal chain at a single stroke.
At its heart, X-Patch is an ‘intelligent’ 16×16 SuperAnalogue(tm) audio routing matrix. Control of this sophisticated processing is made simple through SSL’s unique Logictivity Browser; this allows the graphical creation of X-Y routes and chains with all configurations able to be saved as presets.
In a studio environment X-Patch speeds up workflow and aids creativity by reducing the constant physical re-patching required when using only a patch bay for routing. Each X-Patch unit also has local MIDI IO for connection to footswitches and other utility MIDI program change devices.
X-Patch Remote Control is available as a free download from the iTunes App Store.
More information: Solid State Logic / X-Patch Remote Control
Solid State Logic (SSL) has announced the release of Soundscape V6, a high performance DAW for mission critical applications.
Soundscape V6 is the next evolutionary leap for the well established and respected Soundscape DAW. Designed for mission critical applications including Live Recording, Broadcast and Restoration, Soundscape is distinctive by its no-nonsense approach to workflow and reliability.
Building on the highly robust performance for which Soundscape has deservedly become known, Soundscape V6, in combination with the new MX4 PCIe card, provides ultra reliable performance, benchmark audio quality and a feature set designed for challenging professional environments. Headline features include; 128 channel simultaneous recording, benchmark audio quality, SSL Console Bundle plug-ins, dual 64 channel MADI I/O ports, exceptionally low latency, extremely versatile routing and monitoring options, local or networked file storage, 64-bit drivers and extremely efficient utilisation of multi-core processors.
Soundscape V6 Key Features
- High channel count – up to 128 channels of simultaneous audio record/playback.
- Optimized for real time performance – near zero latency, sophisticated monitoring options.
- Total reliability – extremely robust system delivers industrial strength stability.
- Requires MX4 PCIe card – dual 64 channel I/O, DSP, multi-core multi-client drivers.
- Sounds superb – benchmark SSL audio quality inside the box from recording to mixdown.
- Highly evolved User Interface – streamlined Audio Editing with many workflow options.
- SSL channel EQ, Dynamics and Bus Comp plug-ins – DSP powered legendary SSL sound inside the box.
- Hybrid Core Processing – 64 Bit drivers utilising MX4 card DSP and multi core host processing.
- Multi format projects – 16/24 Bit & different file formats on a single track without converting.
- Local or networked collaboration – multiple users connected via standard Gigabit Ethernet.
Soundscape V6 will be available from May 2010. The standard MX4 & Soundscape V6 bundle will be priced £1558 GBP + Tax / 2448 EUR + Tax. A range of upgrade bundle options will be available to existing Soundscape owners.
More information: Solid State Logic / Soundscape