Binary Music has announced that its sample packs are now available in Ableton Live and Apple Logic Pro EXS24 formats.
Binary Music announces the release of ARP Odyssey, TX81Z and Solina String Ensemble sample libraries for Ableton Live. ARP Odyssey and TX81Z sample libraries for Apple Logic Pro EXS24.
These new libraries are based on the same 24 bit sample sets as the Kontakt versions and contain the same number of samples and patches. The Ableton Live versions are packaged as Live Packs and make full use of Macro controls.
All future products will be released for Kontakt, Live and EXS24 from day one.
The sample libraries are available to purchase for £10 each (plus VAT for EU customers).
More information: Binary Music
Tone2 has announced Analog, a new soundset for the Saurus software synthesizer.
Tone2′s Analog brings more vintage sounds to the Saurus analog modeled synth.
Taking you on a journey through an analog world, the Analog soundset digs deeper into Saurus’ offerings with a strong emphasis on authentic vintage sounds.
A collection of 200 classic synth sounds including emulations of the Moog, Oberheim, Jupiter, Arp Solina, Clavinet and many others that suit almost every style of Electronic music. Let Analog take you back to a time when these machines were at the center of every studio and now be the source for your creative productions
Enjoy its warm strings, expressive brass, dirty leads, squelchy basses, screaming synths, vibrant pads and just let it inspire you.
Analog for Saurus is available to purchase for 39 EUR.
More information: Tone2 Audiosoftware / Analog
Binary Music has announced Solina String Ensemble, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Binary Music’s sampled Solina String Ensemble (Mark II version) for NI Kontakt.
Solina String Ensemble is an accurately sampled Kontakt instrument of a classic analogue string synth. Every note of each voice (Violin, Viola, Horn, Trumpet, Cello and Contrabass), has been sampled at 44.1 kHz, 24 bit resolution.
Two distinct versions are included – one sampled with the original modulation and three round-robins per note, and one sampled without modulation, but with modulation recreated using Kontakt’s scripting and effects.
The Solina String Ensemble for Kontakt (full version 4.2.4 or higher required) is available as an instant download, priced £15 GBP (approx. $23 USD / €18 EUR).
More information: Binary Music
Precisionsound has released Eminent 275, a new sample library in the Skinny Organ Collection.
The Eminent Solina P275 Series 9 with a price tag of aprox $2500 from 1985 was made in Holland and uses the same stringsynth section as the legendary 310 model used by Jean Michel Jarre. The P275 is completely analog and has a unique sounding drum machine built in (Syncopator 355).
Precisionsound teamed up with Skinny Hastrup and started a new line of SampleSets titled “The Skinny Organ Collection”.
Eminent 275 features
- 451 mono 24bit wav sound samples.
- 35 mono 24bit wav rhythm loops.
- 35 mono 24bit Rx2 loops.
- 38 + 28 NI Kontakt v1 and v2 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 38 + 37 NI Kontakt v3 and v4 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 38 + 20 HALion (all versions) programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 38 + 25 EXS24 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 38 SoundFont (Sf2) programs (16bit).
The Skinny Organ Collection – Eminent 275 is available to purchase as a download for $39 USD (+$11 USD on DVD). All formats are included with a purchase.
More information: Precisionsound / The Skinny Organ Collection – Eminent 275
, Hollow Sun
, samples and sound libraries
, string instruments
Posted in news
on May 18, 2010
Hollow Sun has released String Synths II, a string synthesizer sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Kontakt version has been updated to String Synths II which features extensive scripting to enhance the experience.
Instead of having various presets in various combinations, each instrument now features a complete control panel so that you can create you own unique combinations pretty much like using ‘the real thing’.
String Synths II features
- Includes sounds from Eminent 310, ARP/Solina String Ensemble, Moog Opus, Roland RS202/VP330, Moog PolyMoog.
- Master panel, set ‘global’ functions such as velocity sensitivity and curve, note range, pitch bend range and master tuning and transpose.
- Control panel, mix and layer the sounds, combining 16′, 8′ and 4′ octaves (depending on the instruments) to create massive sounds. In some instruments, you can layer different sounds – for example, in the RS202/VP330 instrument, you can layer the VP330′s choir sound with the strings for a monumental orchestral texture. There’s also a simple tone control that allows to coax all the commonly heard string synth sounds and some new ones and there’s also simple envelope control of attack and release.
- Effects panel, add a phase shifter effect with variable amount and speed and you can add (or remove) delay and reverb.
- Bonus sounds: PolyMoog Keyboard ‘Strings I’, ‘Strings II’ and ‘Vox Humana’ sounds.
- ARP/Solina has also been updated with the ‘Horns’ and ‘Trumpet’ sounds.
String Synths II for Kontakt 3 is available to purchase for £16 GBP / €19 EUR / $25 USD.
More information: Hollow Sun / String Synths II
WOK has releasedCromina String Machine, a virtual string machine synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
After more than one year of development we are glad to present you this physical modeling recreation of the electronic strings sound of the 60s and 70s. Solina, Crumar and Logan where the names, which made it first possible for bands to bring a string orchestra on stage or into the studio. The lush sound of these electronic keyboards stamped many songs of this era.
The soundwise peculiarities of the frequency divider circuit and the BBD modulation section can not be successful recreated by sampling. So we developed a plugin with the main emphasis on the reproduction of this typical influence on the sound. Though the drawback is a higher CPU load, it absolutely gives a much better reproduction of the original sound.
Although this plugin has it’s focus on the typical Solina sound (including a phaser and delay effect), it can produce a wide range of typical sounds by using the integrated equalizer, vibrato, envelope variations (including a piano envelope) and other tuning controls.
Cromina String Machine is available to purchase as a VST instrument plugin for Windows PC, priced at 37 EUR.
More information: WOK / Cromina String Machine