Sonic Academy has released How To Make Fidget Electro House Using Ableton Live, a video tutorial series for Ableton Live 8.
Easily emulate the increasingly popular feel of Fidget Electro House (think Twocker, Stupid Fresh, Trevor Loveys, etc.) Sonic Academy’s pros explain all aspects of the Fidget Electro sound, from programming glitchy beats to wobbling your bassline.
How To Make Fidget Electro House Using Ableton Live
- Learn to make music online, in your own time and at your own pace;
- Learn quickly from our high quality video tutorials, presented by industry professionals;
- Get the most from your equipment – there is nothing more frustrating than having kit and not being able to use it. You want to make music and Sonic Academy tutorials show you how!
How To Make Fidget Electro House Using Ableton Live is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / How To Make Fidget Electro House Using Ableton Live
Loopmasters has released How To Make Synth Punk Using Ableton Live, a video tutorial series by Sonic Academy.
Using Ableton Live, we show you how to make sounds and tracks in a style similar to acts such as The Prodigy. This series of nine video tutorials, covers everything you need to know to start cranking out the bass heavy, electro breaks tunes!
How To Make Synth Punk Using Ableton Live features
- Introduction – Phil Johnston introduces his creation for this ‘How to Sound Like’ tutorial.
- Tutorial 1 – Drums – In this module, Phil takes us through loading the drums into the impulse drum machine.
- Tutorial 2 – Bass – Calling on the old fav the Sylenth, we programme in the dirtiest bass we can.
- Tutorial 3 – Lead – Distortion, acid, we got it all here for the lead sound.
- Tutorial 4 – Drum Fills – Loading a fill sample and slicing, dicing and chopping to create the fill we want.
- Tutorial 5 – Breakdown – Glow sticks set to stun, time to insert the Ravey stab.
- Tutorial 6 – Vocals – A London accent is essential, and a big fat distortion for that all important vocal.
- Tutorial 7 – Lead 2 – Get that resonator working baby, for the second lead sound.
- Tutorial 8 – Arrangement – Build the basic arrangement using scenes within Ableton, then move onto to tweek further in arrange mode.
How To Make Synth Punk Using Ableton Live (requires Ableton Live 8) is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / How To Make Synth Punk Using Ableton Live
Loopmasters has released How To DJ With Traktor Kontrol X1, a video tutorial series by Sonic Academy.
How To DJ With Traktor Kontrol X1 features
- Tutorial 1 – Browser – This lesson gives you a tour of the Kontrol X1 browser, so you’ll never be at a loss for finding your way around the equipment.
- Tutorial 2 – Transport – Sonic provides the know-how you need to use Kontrol X1’s transport system, lining up all the beat, cue and sync functions.
- Tutorial 3 – Looping – Adding and manipulating loops has never been easier than with the Kontrol X1, and Sonic’s pro will show you how.
- Tutorial 4 – Hot Cues Part 1 – Kontrol X1’s got 16 buttons dedicated to controlling the hot cues (you can use 8 per track). Sonic Academy starts off by teaching you how to set up your own hot cues.
- Tutorial 5 – Hot Cues Part 2 – Lets now get creative with our hot cues and hot loops, remixing live, right out of the box.
- Tutorial 6 – FX – With 8 buttons to command effects (4 for each effect unit), you’ll have loads of options, and Sonic Academy shows you how to keep your reverbs and delays in line.
- Tutorial 7 – Advanced Mode – Lets now look at Traktor’s effects chained mode and assigning these to the decks. Chained mode lets you add multiple effects all in a row to create some crazy combinations.
How To DJ With Traktor Kontrol X1 is available to purchase for £14.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Sonic Academy
Loopmasters has released How To Make Drum & Bass Using Logic Pro, a collection of video tutorials.
Using Apple’s music production software Logic Pro, Sonic Academy’s professional tutors lead you through the elements of Drum & Bass and gives you blow-by-blow instructions on creating a full tune of your own.
Eighteen videos strong, the course encompasses everything from mixing the drum line to adding wobbly bass and electric piano. A folder of sample and project files is included, supplying everything you need to build a Drum & Bass tune.
How To Make Drum & Bass Using Logic Pro features
- Duration: 1h 39min.
- Modular Layout.
- 18 Lesson Modules.
- Apple QuickTime Format (.MOV).
How To Make Drum & Bass Using Logic Pro is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / How To Make Drum & Bass Using Logic Pro
Sonic Academy has announced the release of How To Remix a new video tutorial on remixing, a must-have skill for any up-and-coming music producer.
Currently released with Ableton Live and Propellerhead Reason versions, the series will soon be completed with the release of “How to Remix with Logic Pro” and “How to Remix with Cubase.”
In a Sonic Academy first, each pro tutor has taken the parts of the track “Stanley Kubrick” by new talent Clown Parlour and, using the features of their specialist software and in their own individual styles, have produced four very different remixes.
Over the course of these tutorials, we get inside the mind of the remixer to find out not only how each tutor used (and abused) the technology but what the thought process was behind putting together each massive remix.
The courses come with the stems of the original track so everyone can have a bash at producing their own remix.
How To Remix is now available to Sonic Academy subscribers. Subscriptions available at £29.99 / $44.99* a quarter or £99.99 / $159.99* for a full year (* exchange rates may vary).
More information: Sonic Academy
Loopmasters has released How To Make Techno Using Ableton Live, a series of video tutorials by Sonic Academy.
Transform your beats into a hard hitting techno sound in this How To Make Techno course for Ableton Live 8. Learn everything from programming your drums to completely transforming them using New York Style compression.
You will be shown from the ground up how to create a driving techno tune using toms, distorted kicks, bitcrushed bass patterns and making use of some extreme swing patterns using Abletons Groove feature.
How To Make Techno Using Ableton Live features
- Lesson 1 – Drums – Begin by bringing in 3 different kick drums into a Drum Rack and tweaking them to get the best sound.
- Lesson 2 – Drums Part 2 – Import the rest of the drum hits to the Drum Rack, and apply some Swing.
- Lesson 3 – Drum EQ & New York Compression – Apply EQ & subtle compression to the drums before creating some New York Style compression techniques.
- Lesson 4 – Percussion 1 – Add in some percussion elements using the Simpler and the Drum rack, making use of the groove features in Ableton Live 8.
- Lesson 5 – Percussion 2 – Yet more percussion elements for the tune.
- Lesson 6 – Percussion 3 – Add in some white noise using the Simpler device.
- Lesson 7 – Bass (Sylenth) – Program in a sub bass using the Sylenth1 VST.
- Lesson 8 – Bass (Simpler) – Set up the simpler device to import some bass samples.
- Lesson 9 – Synth Programming (Sylenth) – Program the Sylenth to create a synth part.
- Lesson 10 – Synth (Simpler) – Import some samples into a simpler device for creating a synth part.
- Lesson 11 – Strings – Add in a string sound making use of Abletons Simpler device.
- Lesson 12 – Send / Return FX 1 – Create some send / return fx including a Grain Delay and some Room Reverbs.
- Lesson 13 – Send / Return FX 2 – Create a massive reverb for adding atmosphere to the mix.
- Lesson 14 – Arrangement Part 1 – Arrange out the first part of your song.
- Lesson 15 – Arrangement Part 2 – Further arrangement.
- Lesson 16 – Arrangement Part 3 – Arrange out to the breakdown.
- Lesson 17 – Arrangement Part 4 – Arrange the breakdown section of the tune.
- Lesson 18 – Arrangement Part 5 – Arrange out to the end of the tune.
- Lesson 19 – FX 1 – Add in some sweeps and crashes to blend the tune together.
- Lesson 20 – FX 2 – Add in some more fx sweeps, followed by a reverb trick to blend your parts together better.
How To Make Techno Using Ableton Live is available to purchase from Loopmasters for £29.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / How To Make Techno Using Ableton Live
Loopmasters has announced the release of three Sonic Academy music production tutorials.
This week we start a new chapter – introducing great and straight-forward Music Production Tutorials. Sonic Academy deliver their modular and detailed tutorials that will get you going in minutes. Check out the list of Tutorials we’re releasing in this first installment. There’s more in store in the upcoming weeks!
Sonic Academy Music Production Tutorials
- How To DJ With Ableton Live — Digital DJing With Ableton Live is a perfect intro to the art and science of digital DJing. Sonic Academy’s professional, in-house trainers walk you through the works, from set-up and sorting your soundcard to cross-fading, adding effects (like delay and reverb), looping, and recording your mixes.
- A Beginner’s Guide To Music Theory: Scales & Rhythm — In the first of our Beginners Guide to Music Theory series we look at how to use Rhythm to create a number of different drum patterns for many different genres of music from House and Techno to Hip Hop and Drum ‘n’ Bass. From basic beat patterns to more advanced rhythmic programming we show you all you need to sequence the perfect beat no matter what style of music you’re making.
- Tech Tips Vol. 1 — Get the production knowhow and make those productions shine like the pro’s. From vocoders to extracting grooves, through to the awesome Melodyne and that all important side chain compression. All the tips and tricks in one place.
How To DJ With Ableton Live and A Beginner’s Guide To Music Theory: Scales & Rhythm are available to purchase for £29.99 GBP each, Tech Tips Vol. 1 is £19.99 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters
Producer Loops has announced the launch of a set of new music production training videos and tutorials, in collaboration with Sonic Academy.
First four Sonic Academy Video Tutorials available
Available Music Production Video Tutorials
- How To Make Drum & Bass Using Logic Pro 8 brings you a series of video tutorials designed to help you channel Logic Pro’s music production power into making some pumping Drum & Bass-style tunes, as made popular by DJ Marky.
- How To DJ With Ableton Live is a complete how-to guide on digital DJing, covering all the foundations (including warping, performing, using Midi controllers and recording) and paving the way for you to become a digital DJ and allow your imagination to take over.
- How To Make Electro House using Ableton Live — Use Ableton Live to mix up some funk-fuelled, Fedde Le Grand-like Electro House tracks with this comprehensive series of video tutorials. In this massive 23 tutorial series, we show you all you need to know to produce tracks in the sound of now – electro house!
- Beginners Guide To Music Theory – Scales and Rhythms kicks off the series with a look at two of the most vital, fundamental aspects of creating your own music. Utilizing Ableton Live and Quicktime video this series will help you gain understanding of scales and note duration.
The Music Production Video Tutorials are available to purchase as an instant download for £29.99 GBP / 36.93 EUR / $38.84 USD.
More information: Producer Loops