Loopmasters has announced the release of three Sonic Academy music production tutorials.
This week we start a new chapter – introducing great and straight-forward Music Production Tutorials. Sonic Academy deliver their modular and detailed tutorials that will get you going in minutes. Check out the list of Tutorials we’re releasing in this first installment. There’s more in store in the upcoming weeks!
Sonic Academy Music Production Tutorials
- How To DJ With Ableton Live — Digital DJing With Ableton Live is a perfect intro to the art and science of digital DJing. Sonic Academy’s professional, in-house trainers walk you through the works, from set-up and sorting your soundcard to cross-fading, adding effects (like delay and reverb), looping, and recording your mixes.
- A Beginner’s Guide To Music Theory: Scales & Rhythm — In the first of our Beginners Guide to Music Theory series we look at how to use Rhythm to create a number of different drum patterns for many different genres of music from House and Techno to Hip Hop and Drum ‘n’ Bass. From basic beat patterns to more advanced rhythmic programming we show you all you need to sequence the perfect beat no matter what style of music you’re making.
- Tech Tips Vol. 1 — Get the production knowhow and make those productions shine like the pro’s. From vocoders to extracting grooves, through to the awesome Melodyne and that all important side chain compression. All the tips and tricks in one place.
How To DJ With Ableton Live and A Beginner’s Guide To Music Theory: Scales & Rhythm are available to purchase for £29.99 GBP each, Tech Tips Vol. 1 is £19.99 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters
Producer Loops has announced the launch of a set of new music production training videos and tutorials, in collaboration with Sonic Academy.
First four Sonic Academy Video Tutorials available
Available Music Production Video Tutorials
- How To Make Drum & Bass Using Logic Pro 8 brings you a series of video tutorials designed to help you channel Logic Pro’s music production power into making some pumping Drum & Bass-style tunes, as made popular by DJ Marky.
- How To DJ With Ableton Live is a complete how-to guide on digital DJing, covering all the foundations (including warping, performing, using Midi controllers and recording) and paving the way for you to become a digital DJ and allow your imagination to take over.
- How To Make Electro House using Ableton Live — Use Ableton Live to mix up some funk-fuelled, Fedde Le Grand-like Electro House tracks with this comprehensive series of video tutorials. In this massive 23 tutorial series, we show you all you need to know to produce tracks in the sound of now – electro house!
- Beginners Guide To Music Theory – Scales and Rhythms kicks off the series with a look at two of the most vital, fundamental aspects of creating your own music. Utilizing Ableton Live and Quicktime video this series will help you gain understanding of scales and note duration.
The Music Production Video Tutorials are available to purchase as an instant download for £29.99 GBP / 36.93 EUR / $38.84 USD.
More information: Producer Loops
Sonic Academy has released How To Make Dubstep In Cubase, a new video tutorial.
Learn how to create some ground shaking sub bass coupled with morphing distorted synth patterns in this How To Make Dubstep course.
Sonic Academy Tutor Bryan Spence takes you through step by step how to glitch and chop between basslines, synth parts, vocal stabs and drum crashes to get you on your way to creating the very distictive dubstep rhythm.
This course comes in a bundle of 22 videos and is covered using Steinbergs powerful Cubase 5 DAW.
So put your hoods up and get ready to dance double time as we transport you into this growing underground London sound.
The course is available exclusively to Sonic Academy subscribers. Subscriptions are available for £29.99 GBP / $44.99 USD a quarter or £99.99 GBP / $159.99 USD for a full year.
More information: Sonic Academy / How To Make Dubstep In Cubase
Sonic Academy has announced it is now Apple accredited.
Sonic Academy, Belfast’s leading provider of Music Technology training both on and off line, has been awarded the prestigious title of “Apple Authorised Training Centre.” for the delivery of Apple accredited courses in Logic Pro Music Production.
The award follows a stringent evaluation and training process to ensure Sonic Academy meets with Apple’s highest standards in all areas including facilities, instructors, course delivery and infrastructure.
Kevin Traynor, Sonic Academy’s CEO commented, “We are delighted with this recognition by Apple of our newly opened state of the art training facilities and the quality of our music technology teaching.”
The accreditation allows Sonic Academy to deliver Apple’s Logic Pro 101 course in Music Production and will be delivered by Apple Certified Trainers. Sonic Academy is the first Apple Authorised Training Centre (AATC) for music production in Northern Ireland.
Sonic Academy is Northern Ireland’s leading provider of music technology education. The company delivers its courses both online worldwide and from it’s newly opened state of the art training facility in Belfast’s Cathedral Quarter. The goal of the AATC Program is to offer Apple customers the highest-quality training experience; from the beginner up to the most seasoned Professional.
More information: Sonic Academy
Sonic Academy has re-launched its website, a comprehensive online resource of video tutorials, features, news and reviews to help you produce and record your ideas, then share them with the world.
To kick start 2010 with a bang, leading music technology portal Sonic Academy can unveil a brand new site brimming with fantastic new features, extra sections and Sonic Subscriber options and to celebrate, have got a HUGE competition where you could win a sack full of tech goodies!
Whether you’re a DJ, musician, or producer, consider yourself a professional or are just starting out, Sonic Academy offers the highest quality video tutorials and resources including features, news and reviews making them a one stop shop for all your music and ‘tech’ needs.
Sonic Academy new features
- Exclusive features from some of the scene’s biggest experts.
- New ‘Live Recordings’ section with video content, resources and articles.
- View the video tutorials in new modes.
- New video tutorials in the famed ‘How To Sound Like Series’ including Nu Disco, Tech Trance, Minimal, Synth Punk and ‘Tech Tips’.
- Brand new monthly and annual membership options.
To celebrate the launch Sonic Academy are running a massive competition to win a X1 Controller + free subscription to their website for a year.
Win an X1 Controller and a free Sonic Plus subscription for a year! 10 runners up will also win Annual Sonic Plus subscriptions. All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is to register for FREE on the Sonic Academy site before 28th February 2010 and if you are already a registered member or a subscriber then you will be automatically entered into the competition!
More information: Sonic Academy
Sonic Academy has announced the next release in their video tutorial series, Making a Synth in Reaktor, a course on how to create your very own synth in Native Instruments Reaktor.
REAKTOR is a music software program that turns your computer into an incredibly powerful and versatile audio processing system. REAKTOR can be used as a synthesizer, sampler, effects processor, groovebox, step sequencer, and much more. It’s completely modular structure ensures that no limits are imposed on your imagination in creating and utilizing electronic instruments and sound effects.
The first set of tutorials on synthesis introduced you to Native Instruments REAKTOR. We continue on with this in the 2nd part of our course, covering macros, lists, filters, panning and switches to name a few, and then finally finshing up our simple 2 oscillator synthesizer.
Making a Synth in Reaktor is now available for subscribers. Subscriptions for access to all Sonic Academy videos (100+ and counting; plus sample packs, resources etc) including the ‘How To Sound Like’ tutorials, are available for £59.99 GBP / $99.99 USD per year.
More information: Sonic Academy / Making a Synth in Reaktor
SonicAcademy.com are co-hosting the exclusive invite-only industry event with Toolroom Records alongside M-Audio & Fuga at this years Amsterdam Dance Event which takes place on Thursday 22nd October at the five star Pulitzer Hotel, featuring a full live set from Dirty Vegas and funk fuelled alternative sets from Funkagenda and Martijn Ten Velden.
To celebrate this partnership we’ve teamed up to give one lucky winner an amazing opportunity to win:
- Two guest-list places to the strictly limited, invite-only Toolroom party @ ADE.
- Free entry to ADE Next on Saturday 24th October.
- Ableton Live 8.
- A years subscription to SonicAcademy.com allowing you full access to all video tutorials onsite including extensive Logic, Reason, Ableton, Cubase and DJ technique modules.
- Signed Dirty Vegas album.
- The latest Toolroom albums from Mark Knight, Funkagenda, and Joachim Garraud.
Five lucky runners up will also win an annual subscription to SonicAcademy.com
More information: SonicAcademy.com