Sonoma Wire Works has released Billy Martin: Loops from the Underground, a new DrumCore DrummerPack from Billy Martin of Medeski, Martin and Wood.
Well known and respected for his innovative rhythms, creative approach, and manic improvisational skills over a wide range of styles, Billy pushes the art of drumming and rhythm to a higher level.
This DrummerPack was produced by Submersible Music, and is configured with metadata for use with DrumCore, which will help users find content based on feel (straight, shuffle, etc.), time signature, tempo and other criteria. Songwriter-friendly “GrooveSets” group related beats, variations and fills to serve as a construction kit for song creation. All audio is 48kHz/24-bit and created in a pro studio using state-of-the-art digital (ProTools HD3) and analog (Neumann, Neve, etc.) recording equipment. DrumCore works with most DAWs, and supports dragging audio and MIDI directly to tracks in applications such as ACID® 7, Digital Performer® 6, Live 6 and up, Logic Pro® 8 and up, Pro Tools® 7.4.2 and up, Cubase® 4 and up (32 bit), and Sonar™ 8 (32 bit).
Billy Martin: Loops from the Underground features
- 13 original Billy Martin Groovesets, featuring live audio drum loops covering a vast range of styles.
- Presented in stretchable REX format for ease of tempo selection.
- Groove variations, fills, intros, stops, and endings are all included for virtually infinite drum track creations in your DAW.
- Includes 12 Multi-Velocity layered MIDI Kits for programming MIDI grooves with Billy’s kit sounds, as well as MIDI file versions of Billy’s grooves and fills. Single hit Kit sounds are also readily available for easy addition to your audio loops.
The Billy Martin: Loops from the Underground DrummerPack is available to purchase for $79.99 USD MSRP.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / Billy Martin: Loops from the Underground
Sonoma Wire Works has announced a number of Holiday Specials.
Sonoma Wire Works is making your holiday shopping easier by offering killer deals on our hottest products for recording musicians!
Sonoma Wire Works Holiday Specials
- 10% off DrummerPacks, KitPacks and Discrete Drums drum content products.
- $30 off RiffWorks Standard recording software (Mac/Win). Plus great deals on RiffWorks InstantDrummer Sessions!
- Save $50 on GuitarJack for compatible iOS devices! When used with iOS apps like FourTrack, the GuitarJack iOS device accessory offers stereo recording and simultaneous instrument and voice recording, produces the least amount of crosstalk during multitrack recording, and makes level control and input monitoring possible.
The Holiday Specials will expire January 7, 2010.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / Holiday Specials
Sonoma Wire Works has released version 2.6 of RiffWorks Standard, a software for recording and sharing music for Windows and Mac.
Capture ideas at the moment of inspiration. Create songs easily with drums and effects. Collaborate online with musicians around the world (free for a limited time). Cast tunes to an enthusiastic online community.
RiffWorks (Mac/Win) makes playing, recording and sharing music fun!
Changes in RiffWorks Standard v2.6
- Drag and drop layers to rearrange, or drag to another riff to copy.
- Compatible with the most recent OS versions: Windows 7, Vista, XP SP3, MacOS 10.6, 10.5, 10.4.
- Compatible with the lastest Amp Model plugins: IK Multimedia Amplitube 3, Line 6 Pod Farm 2, Studio Devil Amp Modeller Pro and VGA II, NI Guitar Rig 4, Overloud TH-1, and many more.
- Additional free InstantDrummer demo content from Discrete Drums and DrumCore is available in the Sonoma Wire Works online store.
- RiffLink Online Collaboration Updates:
- RiffLink code has been rewritten for much improved speed, performance and reliability.
- Layer and Riff order is preserved in collaborations.
- Loading a collaboration shows progress of synchronization with the server.
- Active Collaborations panel shows a JOIN button in viewable collaborations, and a FULL button while 4 players are actively collaborating.
- Riff Notes are now saved correctly in collaborations.
- Importing riffs or songs from locally saved RiffWorks files to RiffLink has been improved.
- If you become disconnected from RiffLink, warnings are properly given to keep you from adding more content until you reconnect.
- Streaming of InstantDrummers that you don’t own, while collaborating with users who own them, is working better and faster.
- Saving a Riff locally that includes an InstantDrummer that you own will include the InstantDrummer content and settings locally.
- Saving a Riff locally that includes an InstantDrummer that you streamed, but do not own, removes the drummer settings and the content is replaced with the demo InstantDrummer. These settings are restored when you purchase the InstantDrummer.
- Duplicating another person’s Riff that contains an InstantDrummer that you do not own will replace the drummer on your computer with the demo drummer.
- RiffLink Membership Changes
- RiffWorks T4 v2.6 will require a RiffLink Membership.
- RiffWorks Standard v2.6 includes 60 days free RiffLink Membership.
- RiffLink Membership fee is now priced at $10.
- With the release of v2.6, earlier versions of RiffWorks will no longer be able to connect to RiffLink.
- Many additional minor improvements.
RiffWorks Standard is available to purchase for $129 USD. The update is free for current users. RiffWorks T4 (free) will be updated soon.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / RiffWorks Standard
Sonoma Wire Works, creators of the FourTrack iOS app and the Mobile Audio Product Interaction (MAPI) Program, has released version 1.2 of AudioCopy/AudioPaste SDK, a software development kit for iOS audio app developers.
Apps that support AudioCopy/AudioPaste now include a pasteboard history of up to 12 items with audio previews. Users can make up to 12 copies of audio, then launch an AudioPaste app, and paste from any of those 12 copies. The AudioCopy/AudioPaste pasteboard includes meta data such as tempo, file format, name of app copied from, duration, and more.
Forty apps from fifteen publishers have implemented AudioCopy and/or AudioPaste and more are coming soon. The AudioCopy AudioPaste SDK code license is free, downloadable, and includes source code, optional UI, instructions, a license agreement, an example app, and a link to a demo video to help developers implement the features into their apps easily.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / MAPI AudioCopy/AudioPaste
Sonoma Wire Works has released Taylor EQ, a free app for iOS.
Sonoma Wire Works has teamed up with Taylor Guitars to create the free Taylor EQ app: an input EQ for enhancing the sound of a Taylor guitar when played through GuitarJack on an iOS device. Select from a range of EQ presets that complement Taylor’s signature guitar body shapes, including the Grand Auditorium, Grand Symphony, Grand Concert, Dreadnought, T5, or the new GS Mini.
Each EQ preset was custom designed by Taylor Guitars’ engineers to optimize the tone of each body shape for use with the GuitarJack. Customize your own presets and play along with songs from your iTunes library, making the Taylor EQ the perfect practice tool for any guitar owner. Taylor EQ is the first free app to include the GuitarJack control panel, which allows users to configure the GuitarJack settings.
Taylor EQ features
- Six Taylor Guitar EQ Presets: Select from a range of EQ presets that complement Taylor’s signature guitar body shapes, including the Grand Auditorium, Grand Symphony, Grand Concert, Dreadnought, T5, or the GS Mini.
- Advanced Mode: Use the 6 band Parametric EQ with frequency, gain and pinch-for-Q gesture control to create a custom tone for your Taylor Guitar or any guitar. Then save the settings for later use. Toggle between basic and advanced to hear the difference.
- iPod Playthrough: Play along with your iPod songs on your iPhone or iPod touch while in the Taylor EQ app.
- Compressor/Limiter: A factory configured compressor-limiter sweetens the sound and keeps the output from clipping, or turn it off to hear the unprocessed output.
- Monitor Level: Balance the level when playing along with iPod songs. Turn it up to push the compressor harder.
- GuitarJack Control Panel: GuitarJack connects instruments, stereo line inputs and mics to the iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod Touch (2nd and 3rd gen.) via 1/4 inch instrument and 1/8 inch stereo mic/line inputs. GuitarJack features a 1/4 inch instrument with configurable pad, Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes, a 1/8 inch stereo mic/line input that includes pad, normal and boost modes, and a 1/8 inch stereo output with increased drive for headphones. Each input has 60dB of continuous gain/level control. Configure GuitarJack’s levels in Taylor EQ for the best possible sound, and what you’ll hear through the improved headphone jack sounds better than through the iOS device headphone jack. Levels set using Taylor EQ’s GuitarJack Control Panel settings can remain set when you switch to compatible audio apps, even if they do not include the GuitarJack Control Panel.
The Taylor EQ app for iOS is available as a free download from the iTunes App Store.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / Taylor EQ
Sonama Wire Works has announced the release of the HigginsPack, a new DrummerPack for DrumCore.
Terence Higgins, drummer for The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, brings DrumCore users unique New Orleans marching style drum loops, variations, fills and drumkit sounds with a dash of hip hop, funk, R&B, and soul. Higgins says this DrummerPack is “guaranteed to add a little grease to your tracks.”
HigginsPack was recorded by the original Submersible Music team, and was pre-configured by them with metadata for use with the DrumCore search engine, which will help you find content based on feel (straight, shuffle, etc.), time signature, tempo and other criteria.
- 3.5GB of content including 7 DrumKits (24 pads each) that match 7 GrooveSets (360 audio loops, 427 audio fills, 97 MIDI loops and 41 MIDI fills).
- Songwriter-friendly GrooveSets group related beats, variations and fills to serve as a construction kit for song creation.
- All audio is 48kHz/24-bit and created in a pro studio using state-of-the-art digital (ProTools HD3) and analog (Neumann, Neve, etc.) recording equipment.
HigginsPack for DrumCore (2 or above) is available to purchase for $79.99 USD.
More information: DrumCore / HigginsPack
Sonoma Wire Works has announced the GuitarJack, an audio device for iPhone OS
GuitarJack connects a wide range of instruments, microphones, and other audio hardware to iPod touch (2nd and 3rd generation), iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G via 1/4 inch instrument and 1/8 inch stereo mic/line inputs.
Addressing the most frequent request from musicians who use FourTrack, GuitarJack makes both level control and input monitoring possible when using a GuitarJack enhanced app.
- 1/4 inch instrument input with configurable pad, Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes.
- 1/8 inch stereo mic/line input with pad, normal and boost modes.
- Each input has 60dB of continuous level control.
- 1/8 inch stereo output with increased drive for headphones.
- Sleek and rugged metal shell.
- 30 pin connector compatible only with iPod touch (2nd and 3rd generation), iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G.
- Recording modes:
- Instrument (1/4 inch) mono.
- Mic/Line (1/8 inch) mono, dual-mono or stereo.
- Both inputs, with the instrument input and the 1/8 inch input (right channel) recording to separate tracks.
GuitarJack will be priced at $199 MSRP and will ship in Q3 2010. Pricing and availability subject to change.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / GuitarJack