IK Multimedia has announced the iPDJ Mobile Groove Event @ Voodoo Lounge, Fort Lauderdale, the first-ever live Performance DJ Battle with iPhone/iTouch apps for music.
Attendees of “iPDJ” @ Revolution Live will experience the first night ever of House, Breaks and Drum-N-Bass infused with the latest technology in mobile music production in a live performance!
First, they will watch their favorite DJ’s fluidly groove a live set battling on their iPhones/iPod Touches with GrooveMaker apps for House, Electro, DnB and more, and then watch it all recorded live with FourTrack! Breakdancers will grace the floor to the iPDJ groove set.
After the iPDJ battle, concert-goers will jam out on the dancefloor to 3 full-featured hour-long DJ sets from Chris Domingo, Scratch-D of Dynamix II, and a special live breaks PA performance from DJ Speechless. There will be a drawing to win cool iPhone/iPod gadgets, soft-wear and more at the show!
Chris Domingo, Scratch-D and DJ Speechless will be performing live on their iPhones/iPod Touches using one or more of the following apps: GrooveMaker FREE, GrooveMaker House, GrooveMaker Techno, GrooveMaker Trance, GrooveMaker Club, GrooveMaker Hip-Hop, GrooveMaker Electro, GrooveMaker D’n’B and FourTrack.
“iPDJ” @ Voodoo Lounge
- Date: Friday November 20th, 2009
- Time: 10pm-3am
- 10pm-11pm. Live DJ Battle on iPhone/iPod Touch using GrooveMaker and FourTrack apps. Breakdancers on floor. Video crew filming live/upload streams on YouTube.
- 11:30-1am. Chris Domingo Live Set – Progressive House/Tech House.
- 1am-2am. Scratch-D Live Set – Electro Breaks.
- 2am-3am. Live Performance from DJ Speechless: Space Guitar Breaks Set.
More information: IK Multimedia “iPDJ” Mobile Groove Event
Sonoma Wire Works has announced that it has acquired the entire Submersible Music product line, including the award-winning DrumCore and KitCore software and drum content.
Submersible was created by Paul Allen, the philanthropist and Microsoft co-founder, to help him in his own songwriting. The company’s products realized his goal of a great-sounding, accessible drum tool that allows guitarists like him to be backed by some of the most famous rock drummers.
“Sonoma Wire Works was the unanimous choice of our review team,” said Chris Purcell of Submersible. “We particularly appreciated their sincere and enthusiastic presentation here in Seattle. Part of our quest was to find a good home for DrumCore, where it could move up to the next level of technology and market presence. Sonoma Wire Works really resonated with us.”
Sonoma Wire Works founder Doug Wright said the purchase will be good for existing customers of Submersible and Sonoma Wire Works. “We think Submersible customers will love our plans for integrating Sonoma technologies into future DrumCore versions,” he said. “We know that our RiffWorks and InstantDrummer community will love the premium grooves offered by this huge variety of pro drummers.”
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / Submersible Music
Sonoma Wire Works has announced the release of InstantDrummer, a new iPhone application for musicians on-the-go.
Easy to use, customizable drum loops for the iPhone and iPod touch. Pick a groove, tap in a tempo, and InstantDrummer inspires you to play along with continuously varying drum tracks using perfectly matched, full kit studio drum recordings.
InstantDrummer: Heartbreaker is first in a series of InstantDrummer iPhone Apps that will be available in various genres. Jason McGerr, the drummer for pop-rock band Death Cab for Cutie, recorded Heartbreaker on his signature Ludwig drum kit in his Seattle based studio, Two Sticks Audio.
InstantDrummer: Heartbreaker features
- Adjustable Tempo: Originally recorded at 72 BPM, and still sounds great above 150 BPM.
- Part Sequencer: Build and arrange drum tracks for InstantDrummer songs.
- Gain: Adjust how loud your drums will be on each part of your song.
- Three Levels of Real Room Ambience: Select from Full, Medium, or Off to get the perfect tone for your song.
- Intensity: Control how hard the drummer is playing on each part of your song.
- Variation: Adjust how often the drummer will fill on each part of your song.
- Master FX – Freakenzy (EQ) and The Slammer (Compressor): Effects include a 4 band parametric EQ and a stereo linked compressor with Threshold, Attack, & Release.
- 130 MB of pop-rock drum recordings by Jason McGerr.
- 11 Song Parts to choose from, including Basic Rock, Bigger Rock, Ride, Ride-on, Sparse to Meaty, Kick and Hat, Crashes, Lead-ins & Endings.
- 43 loops and fills.
- Wi-Fi Sync InstantDrummer songs to computers with or without a router.
- FourTrack multitrack recorder integration coming soon.
InstantDrummer: Heartbreaker is available from the iTunes App Store for $.99 USD.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works
, audio interface
, IK Multimedia
, Sonic Reality
, Sonoma Wire Works
, Wah wah
Posted in news
on May 27, 2009 - 3 comments
IK Multimedia has announced it is now shipping the StealthPedal, the world’s first compact audio interface and MIDI controller housed in a wah-style pedal.
StealthPedal was designed specifically for guitar and bass players who are looking for an affordable, “high sound quality” way to connect their instrument to their computer, and control parameters of their software from the floor. Players can plug into the StealthPedal and immediately control the included “Powered by AmpliTube” software without additional setup. Plus, they can control ANY MIDI controllable software with the StealthPedal using the included StealthPedal MIDI setup application for Mac/PC.
Also, the StealthPedal will incorporate into an existing pedalboard setup utilizing only one pedal space, and adds the convenience and flexibility of computer based rigs to live performances.
- USB powered audio interface:
- 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion.
- 44.1/48 kHz operation.
- 2 balanced / unbalanced audio inputs (hi-Z or line level).
- High-quality, low-noise input stage (109dBA /104dB RMS S/N ratio).
- 2 balanced audio outputs.
- Headphones output.
- MIDI Controller:
- Built-in assignable expression pedal and MIDI foot-switch.
- External double switch and expression pedal inputs.
- Assignable Volume control.
- StealthPedal MIDI control software application included.
- Multiple LEDs can operate as Tuner or Level indicators with AmpliTube.
- Classic, rugged metal Wah-style construction.
- Ships with a complete suite of guitar, bass & recording packages (including AmpliTube 2, Ampeg® SVX, AmpliTube X-GEAR, RiffWorks™ T4 Recording software, plus a collection of Sonic Reality Jam loops).
- Controls all “Powered by AmpliTube” software/plug-ins.
- Controls any MIDI controllable software/plug-ins.
- Compatible with all the most popular DAW software supporting ASIO and Core Audio drivers on both PC and Mac.
StealthPedal is now available from dealers and distributors, and in the IK Multimedia online web store in two versions:
- StealthPedal — MSRP: $269.99 USD / €199.99 EUR (price excludes taxes)
Includes StealthPedal, AmpliTube Live, Ampeg SVX Uno, AmpliTube X-GEAR, RiffWorks T4 and Sonic Reality Jam Loops.
- StealthPedal Deluxe — MSRP: $449.99 USD / €349.99 EUR (price exclude taxes)
Includes StealthPedal, AmpliTube 2 Full Version, Ampeg SVX Full Version, AmpliTube X-GEAR, RiffWorks T4 and Sonic Reality Jam Loops.
Visit IK Multimedia for more information.
Sonoma Wire Works has announced the release of FourTrack 2.0, an iPhone multitrack audio recorder.
FourTrack is the only iPhone multitrack recorder available with calibrated faders and meters, panning, latency compensation, metronome with live drum recordings, bounce, and wifi-sync directly into a companion desktop application (RiffWorks). Everything from the multi-touch fader, to the spinnable pan wheel was designed with the iPhone in mind.
new in FourTrack 2.0
- Bounce – Mix your song to track 1 and 2 of a new song. This makes room for two more tracks while preserving the originals for syncing to desktop recording software.
- Duplicate – Make a backup of your song and continue working on it in a different file.
- Metronome – Maintain a consistent tempo by recording along with real drums (not MIDI) using FourTrack’s built-in metronome. Select a tempo by entering a number or by tapping. Choose from seven sounds including three beats by celebrity drummer Jason McGerr on his signature Ludwig kit recorded in his Seattle based studio, Two Sticks Audio. Other sounds (Block A, Block B, High Hat, and Pop) are samples of live drums and percussion courtesy of Discrete Drums, the original multitrack drum library. Time signatures include 3/4, 4/4, 6/8 and X/4 (which are unaccented beats that can be used to play 5, 7, 9 and other odd meters).
FourTrack 2.0 is available from the iTunes App Store for an introductory price of $9.99 USD.
Visit Sonoma Wire Works for more information.
Sonoma Wire Works has released version 2.5 of RiffWorks Standard, the guitar recording and online collaboration software for Windows and Mac.
RiffWorks Standard v2.5 is now the ideal sketchpad for professional DAW users with new features like export, 32-bit recording and 32-bit mix. With RiffWorks Standard you can record ideas at the moment of inspiration, create complete songs with drums and effects, collaborate online with musicians around the world, post tunes to the RiffWorld.com online community, and export to any DAW for editing and mastering.
Changes in RiffWorks v2.5
- New Export Options:
- Export Current Riff – Export all the layers of the currently selected Riff as Acidized .wav files including the InstantDrummer and Metronome. Files can then be imported into any DAW.
- Export All Riffs – Exports all riffs from a song as .wav files into separate file folders.
- Sonoma 7 VST Plugin – The 7 award-winning effects from RiffWorks as a VST Plugin. Effects presets are saved during export for access from the Sonoma 7 VST plugin in your DAW. This plugin is available for free to all RiffWorks Standard users as a separate download.
- 32-bit Recording and Export – RiffWorks has always done all processing at 32-bit, but audio files were saved as 16-bit for space and performance reasons. 32-bit file recording is now available as an option in the Audio Setup Window. 32-bit provides the highest recording quality, but takes twice as much disk space.
- 32-bit Mix – The option to mix a 32-bit floating point .wav file allows users to take their final mix into a mastering program at the highest quality.
- Improved Master Output Compressor/Limiter* – All new program-dependent master output compressor/limiter increases overall output level and eliminates pumping and breathing at high output levels.
- Improved Compressor* – New algorithm improves compressors on Layers and Riffs.
- FourTrack Import* – RiffWorks Standard and RiffWorks T4 v2.5 automatically detect and import tracks, complete with gain and pan settings, directly from the FourTrack iPhone application using Bonjour on Mac and Windows.
- RiffLink Progress Bar* – The RiffLink online collaboration feature built into RiffWorks now includes a progress bar during song loading.
- Bug fixes:
- RiffLink peformance*
- Sound improvements*
- RiffEffects on SongLayers*
- Export/Import SongLayers*
*Improvements marked with an asterix are also included in the RiffWorks T4 v2.5 (free edition) update.
RiffWorks Standard v2.5 is available now for $129 USD. The update is free for current RiffWorks users.
Visit Sonoma Wire Works for more information.
Sonoma Wire Works has released RiffWorks T4, a free edition of RiffWorks guitar recording software that includes looped recording, automatic track creation, InstantDrummer, effects, song posting, online collaboration, and a “Quick Start” tutorial in 14 languages.
RiffWorks T4 key features
- 4 RiffWorks Layers.
- 24 RiffLink Layers.
- RiffWorld Free Membership.
- RiffWorld Creator Membership for $10/mo $60/yr.
- RiffCaster Song Posting.
- InstantDrummers demo included.
- Included Amp Models: AmpliTube® Duo LE & Studio Devil BVC.
Check this page for a full comparison between RiffWorks T4 and RiffWorks Standard.
Visit Sonoma Wire Works for more information.