Sonoma Wire Works has released Kickin’ Country, a collection of drum loops by Discrete Drums.
Kickin’ Country features the legendary drummer Tony Morra recorded at Downtown Batterie in Nashville, Tennessee.
Kickin’ Country features
- Kickin’ Country Pro Set includes Multitrack 24 Bit WAV Files with Pro Tools Sessions, Stereo 16 Bit – REX and WAV, One Shot Samples, Audio Previews for Easy Auditioning. Nearly 9 GB of Content.
- Kickin’ Country Stereo Set includes Stereo 16 Bit – REX and WAV. 3 GB of Content.
- 19 Sessions at a Variety of Tempos.
- Styles Include Brushes, Ballads, Waltz, Train, Pop and More.
- Sessions Divided into Parts Including Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Intros, Outros, Fills, Solos, Breaks, and More.
The Kickin’ Country Pro Set is available to purchase for $199 USD, while the Stereo Set is $99 USD.
Sonoma Wire Works has also released 3 new Drum Loop Styles for RiffWorks InstantDrummer: Country, World & Metal.
Discrete Drums multitrack drum loops, recorded using renowned drummers, engineers, producers and recording studios, are being brought into the InstantDrummer format for easy manipulation by RiffWorks users.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / Kickin’ Country
Sonoma Wire Works has announced the release of StudioTrack, a multitrack recording app for iPad.
StudioTrack is a powerful songwriting tool for musicians who want to capture musical ideas and record songs on the iPad. Every channel includes a reverb send and a configurable effects rack. Effect options include a delay, EQ, and a compressor. The master channel has a Reverb Return knob as well as a parametric EQ and a stereo master compressor-limiter.
StudioTrack for iPad features
- Multitrack Recording – 8 tracks plus bounce.
- Re-arrangable Tracks with FX Bypass, Reverb Send, Pan, Gain, Mute, Solo, Record Arm and Track Icon.
- TrackFX – Tempo-synced Delay, Compressor, Parametric EQ and Reverb Send on every track.
- Calibrated Meters – accurately monitor record and playback levels.
- Calibrated Faders – accurately adjust playback level of each track for Cross-Fading, Muting, and Playback Control.
- MasterFX – sweeten the sound of your recordings with a compressor-limiter and a 4-band parametric EQ.
- Output Compressor-Limiter – automatically fattens sound of the output mix.
- Master Channel with Reverb Return and Stereo Output meters.
- Metronome – select tempo by number or tapping (includes pro drum recordings).
- Bounce – mix song to track 1 and 2 of a new song to record as many tracks as you want.
- Mix – Save the mix as a stereo file.
- AudioPaste – - allows pasting audio from AudioCopy compatible apps like InstantDrummer and DopplerPad.
- WiFi sync or mix individual tracks to a computer then import into any software that imports WAV files.
- Slide-to-Record – prevents over-writing your tracks.
- Latency Compensation – accurate to within 1ms.
- Recording Quality – 16 bit, 44.1 kHz.
- Supports both portrait and landscape iPad views.
StudioTrack for iPad is now available to purchase on iTunes for $39.99 USD.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / StudioTrack
Sonama Wire Works has released two new InstantDrummers: High Gear & Rooster Tail.
RiffWorks’ InstantDrummer (Mac and Win) provides easy to use, tempo-sycronized drum loops for your tunes. Most InstantDrummer Sessions are recordings of professional drummers in studios.
High Gear & Rooster Tail features
- These drums were recorded at the legendary Sound Kitchen “Big Boy” studio near Nashville.
- Tony Morra, Drummer; Steve Marcantonio, Engineer; Rick DiFonzo, Producer.
- Tempo: 146 BPM (High Gear), Tempo: 105 BPM (Rooster Tail).
- Time Signature: 4/4.
- Genre: Rock.
The High Gear and Rooster Tail Discrete Drums InstantDrummer Sessions are available to purchase for $9.99 each. Until February 28, 2010 you can get 3 InstantDrummer Sessions for the price of 2 with Coupon Code: DISCRETEDRUMS
Sonoma Wire Works has also announced 10% off on Sugarfoot packs for Drumcore and Kitcore though February. Details in the January newsletter.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / InstantDrummer
IK Multimedia has announced the iPDJ Mobile Groove Event @ Voodoo Lounge, Fort Lauderdale, the first-ever live Performance DJ Battle with iPhone/iTouch apps for music.
Attendees of “iPDJ” @ Revolution Live will experience the first night ever of House, Breaks and Drum-N-Bass infused with the latest technology in mobile music production in a live performance!
First, they will watch their favorite DJ’s fluidly groove a live set battling on their iPhones/iPod Touches with GrooveMaker apps for House, Electro, DnB and more, and then watch it all recorded live with FourTrack! Breakdancers will grace the floor to the iPDJ groove set.
After the iPDJ battle, concert-goers will jam out on the dancefloor to 3 full-featured hour-long DJ sets from Chris Domingo, Scratch-D of Dynamix II, and a special live breaks PA performance from DJ Speechless. There will be a drawing to win cool iPhone/iPod gadgets, soft-wear and more at the show!
Chris Domingo, Scratch-D and DJ Speechless will be performing live on their iPhones/iPod Touches using one or more of the following apps: GrooveMaker FREE, GrooveMaker House, GrooveMaker Techno, GrooveMaker Trance, GrooveMaker Club, GrooveMaker Hip-Hop, GrooveMaker Electro, GrooveMaker D’n’B and FourTrack.
“iPDJ” @ Voodoo Lounge
- Date: Friday November 20th, 2009
- Time: 10pm-3am
- 10pm-11pm. Live DJ Battle on iPhone/iPod Touch using GrooveMaker and FourTrack apps. Breakdancers on floor. Video crew filming live/upload streams on YouTube.
- 11:30-1am. Chris Domingo Live Set – Progressive House/Tech House.
- 1am-2am. Scratch-D Live Set – Electro Breaks.
- 2am-3am. Live Performance from DJ Speechless: Space Guitar Breaks Set.
More information: IK Multimedia “iPDJ” Mobile Groove Event
Sonoma Wire Works has announced that it has acquired the entire Submersible Music product line, including the award-winning DrumCore and KitCore software and drum content.
Submersible was created by Paul Allen, the philanthropist and Microsoft co-founder, to help him in his own songwriting. The company’s products realized his goal of a great-sounding, accessible drum tool that allows guitarists like him to be backed by some of the most famous rock drummers.
“Sonoma Wire Works was the unanimous choice of our review team,” said Chris Purcell of Submersible. “We particularly appreciated their sincere and enthusiastic presentation here in Seattle. Part of our quest was to find a good home for DrumCore, where it could move up to the next level of technology and market presence. Sonoma Wire Works really resonated with us.”
Sonoma Wire Works founder Doug Wright said the purchase will be good for existing customers of Submersible and Sonoma Wire Works. “We think Submersible customers will love our plans for integrating Sonoma technologies into future DrumCore versions,” he said. “We know that our RiffWorks and InstantDrummer community will love the premium grooves offered by this huge variety of pro drummers.”
More information: Sonoma Wire Works / Submersible Music
Sonoma Wire Works has announced the release of InstantDrummer, a new iPhone application for musicians on-the-go.
Easy to use, customizable drum loops for the iPhone and iPod touch. Pick a groove, tap in a tempo, and InstantDrummer inspires you to play along with continuously varying drum tracks using perfectly matched, full kit studio drum recordings.
InstantDrummer: Heartbreaker is first in a series of InstantDrummer iPhone Apps that will be available in various genres. Jason McGerr, the drummer for pop-rock band Death Cab for Cutie, recorded Heartbreaker on his signature Ludwig drum kit in his Seattle based studio, Two Sticks Audio.
InstantDrummer: Heartbreaker features
- Adjustable Tempo: Originally recorded at 72 BPM, and still sounds great above 150 BPM.
- Part Sequencer: Build and arrange drum tracks for InstantDrummer songs.
- Gain: Adjust how loud your drums will be on each part of your song.
- Three Levels of Real Room Ambience: Select from Full, Medium, or Off to get the perfect tone for your song.
- Intensity: Control how hard the drummer is playing on each part of your song.
- Variation: Adjust how often the drummer will fill on each part of your song.
- Master FX – Freakenzy (EQ) and The Slammer (Compressor): Effects include a 4 band parametric EQ and a stereo linked compressor with Threshold, Attack, & Release.
- 130 MB of pop-rock drum recordings by Jason McGerr.
- 11 Song Parts to choose from, including Basic Rock, Bigger Rock, Ride, Ride-on, Sparse to Meaty, Kick and Hat, Crashes, Lead-ins & Endings.
- 43 loops and fills.
- Wi-Fi Sync InstantDrummer songs to computers with or without a router.
- FourTrack multitrack recorder integration coming soon.
InstantDrummer: Heartbreaker is available from the iTunes App Store for $.99 USD.
More information: Sonoma Wire Works
, audio interface
, IK Multimedia
, Sonic Reality
, Sonoma Wire Works
, Wah wah
Posted in news
on May 27, 2009 - 3 comments
IK Multimedia has announced it is now shipping the StealthPedal, the world’s first compact audio interface and MIDI controller housed in a wah-style pedal.
StealthPedal was designed specifically for guitar and bass players who are looking for an affordable, “high sound quality” way to connect their instrument to their computer, and control parameters of their software from the floor. Players can plug into the StealthPedal and immediately control the included “Powered by AmpliTube” software without additional setup. Plus, they can control ANY MIDI controllable software with the StealthPedal using the included StealthPedal MIDI setup application for Mac/PC.
Also, the StealthPedal will incorporate into an existing pedalboard setup utilizing only one pedal space, and adds the convenience and flexibility of computer based rigs to live performances.
- USB powered audio interface:
- 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion.
- 44.1/48 kHz operation.
- 2 balanced / unbalanced audio inputs (hi-Z or line level).
- High-quality, low-noise input stage (109dBA /104dB RMS S/N ratio).
- 2 balanced audio outputs.
- Headphones output.
- MIDI Controller:
- Built-in assignable expression pedal and MIDI foot-switch.
- External double switch and expression pedal inputs.
- Assignable Volume control.
- StealthPedal MIDI control software application included.
- Multiple LEDs can operate as Tuner or Level indicators with AmpliTube.
- Classic, rugged metal Wah-style construction.
- Ships with a complete suite of guitar, bass & recording packages (including AmpliTube 2, Ampeg® SVX, AmpliTube X-GEAR, RiffWorks™ T4 Recording software, plus a collection of Sonic Reality Jam loops).
- Controls all “Powered by AmpliTube” software/plug-ins.
- Controls any MIDI controllable software/plug-ins.
- Compatible with all the most popular DAW software supporting ASIO and Core Audio drivers on both PC and Mac.
StealthPedal is now available from dealers and distributors, and in the IK Multimedia online web store in two versions:
- StealthPedal — MSRP: $269.99 USD / €199.99 EUR (price excludes taxes)
Includes StealthPedal, AmpliTube Live, Ampeg SVX Uno, AmpliTube X-GEAR, RiffWorks T4 and Sonic Reality Jam Loops.
- StealthPedal Deluxe — MSRP: $449.99 USD / €349.99 EUR (price exclude taxes)
Includes StealthPedal, AmpliTube 2 Full Version, Ampeg SVX Full Version, AmpliTube X-GEAR, RiffWorks T4 and Sonic Reality Jam Loops.
Visit IK Multimedia for more information.