Sony Creative Software has released X-Core: Hardcore Techno Construction Kit, a new sample library by Chicago electronic music producer Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle).
A complete construction kit created by veteran loop library producer DJ Puzzle, X-Core contains 25 folders full of separate and distinct components that make it fun and easy to construct original hardcore tracks from scratch.
With native tempos starting at 150 bpm, use X-Core as a primary resource for crafting hard techno in the full spectrum of subgenres, from trance to hardstyle to gabber. Beats, basses, textures, FX and vocals are included. Royalty free tracks can be made in ACID software or any program that imports WAV files.
The X-Core: Hardcore Techno Construction Kit is available to purchase for $39.95 USD.
More information: Sony Creative Software / X-Core: Hardcore Techno Construction Kit
Sony Creative Software has released version 10.0b of Sound Forge Pro, the professional digital audio production suite for Windows.
Sound Forge Pro 10 software efficiently and reliably provides audio editors and producers complete control over all aspects of audio editing and mastering. Whether in the studio or field, it’s the ultimate all-in-one production suite for professional audio recording and mastering, sound design, audio restoration, and Red Book CD creation
Changes in Sound Forge Pro v10.0b
- When applying effects to a selection that includes the beginning or end of a file, automatic crossfades are no longer applied to the beginning or end of the file.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash that could occur when rendering to AVI format using templates copied from Vegas 8.
- Fixed an issue that caused the OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394/DV external monitor device to be unavailable in the Japanese version of Sound Forge.
- Fixed a bug that prevented audio from being rendered when using Windows Media Video templates after clearing and reselecting the Include audio check box.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sound Forge from reading command markers saved in Windows Media files created with earlier versions of Sound Forge.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some VST plug-ins (such as EnergyXT and Delphi VST Project) from being used in Sound Forge.
- Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect previews when mixing a mono source to a multichannel destination.
- Fixed a bug that could occur when attempting to save .wav files in CCITT-ulaw format.
- Fixed a bug that caused real-time preview to stop after 10 seconds when using time-altering plug-ins.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Paragraphic EQ plug-in to produce distorted audio when using the Remove very low and inaudible frequencies below 20 Hz preset.
- Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect previews when applying effects to events with individual channels selected.
Sound Forge for Windows PC is available to purchase starting at $374.95 USD.
More information: Sony Creative Software / Sound Forge Pro
Sonnox has released updates for the Mac versions of Oxford DeBuzzer and Oxford SuprEsser, two effect plug-ins for PC and Mac.
Changes in Oxford DeBuzzer AU v1.0.1/VST v1.0.2
- Fixes crash in Snow Leopard.
Changes in Oxford SuprEsser AU v1.1/VST v1.0.1
- Added new installer technology. Separated AU installer from VST version.
- Fixed crash in Logic when instantiating or re-opening a closed GUI.
- Fixed problem with .aupreset installation.
- Zoom now implemented to original spec.
More information: Sonnox
Sonnox has announced the release of Sonnox Restore, a suite of three plug-ins designed to accurately restore audio recordings that are impaired.
Restore represents a quantum leap beyond previous restoration plug-in technology with its advanced algorithms and novel features that allow fast and extremely effective removal of pops, clicks, crackles, scratches, hum, buzzes and extraneous background noise from virtually any recording.
Capable of exceptionally high quality audio repairs, the three plug-ins are intuitive and easy to use, with each interface providing detailed graphical feedback, benefiting the user by saving time which of course is critical in the post-production process.
Sonnox Restore features
- Three sections with individual thresholds and controls: DePop, DeClick and DeCrackle
- Event display gives intuitive visual feedback of energy and duration of detected events
- ‘Exclude Box’ to select events that should not be repaired
- Dialogue Mode that allows two separate sets of control settings distinguished by input level
- Excitation displays to aid accurate setting of threshold controls
- Three audition modes, including option to listen to only removed events
- Advanced algorithms for accurate detection and high quality repair
- High performance hum and buzz removal using advanced algorithms
- Separate Detect and Remove Sections for intuitive workflow
- Scalable high resolution FFT of input signal shows strongest harmonics and removal filter
- Very accurate setting of fundamental over 3 frequency ranges
- Integrating frequency display shows strength of fundamental
- Tracking mode can be set to Automatic or Fast to follow fundamentals that wander in frequency, or to Freeze for fundamentals that vary in amplitude
- Choice of removal filters: Comb for general purpose narrow removal over many harmonics, or Parametric EQ for a more musical removal over a small set of harmonics
- Two audition modes, including option to listen to the removed buzz
- High performance noise removal using advanced algorithms
- Separate DeHisser, Detect and Remove Sections for intuitive workflow
- High resolution FFT of input signal showing noise profile
- Efficient DeHisser for preparation before wide-band noise reduction
- Detector noise profile can be set to automatic, freeze or manual
- Noise threshold and reduction are controllable in frequency bands using adjustable bias curve
- Two audition modes, including the option to listen to the removed noise
- Warmth control for sweetening after noise removal
- Make-up gain for true A/B comparisons
Sonnox Restore is available to purchase for Windows PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS), priced at £1,195 GBP. Sony Restoration Tools owners can exchange their licence for £895 GBP until February 28, 2010.
More information: Sonnox / Sonnox Restore
Sony Creative Software has released version 10.0a of Sound Forge Pro, an audio editor for Windows PC.
Sound Forge™ Pro 10 software efficiently and reliably provides audio editors and producers complete control over all aspects of audio editing and mastering. Whether in the studio or field, it’s the ultimate all-in-one production suite for professional audio recording and mastering, sound design, audio restoration, and Red Book CD creation. New features in Sound Forge Pro 10 include precise event-based editing, integrated disc-at-once CD burning, musical instrument file editing and processing, and pristine audio conversion and time stretching.
Changes in Sound Forge Pro v10.0a
- You can now edit samples in musical instrument files. Select the sample you want to edit, and then choose Edit > Event > Edit to open the selected sample in a new data window. After editing, you can save your changes back to the musical instrument file or to a different format.
- Disc-at-once workflow improvements:
- Audio moves with CD tracks when dragging CD tracks with the Edit tool.
- CD tracks move with events when dragging events with the Event tool.
- CD Tracks can now be locked to audio/events using Options > Lock Audio and CD Tracks.
- Added automation support to the élastique Timestretch plug-in.
- You can now edit the Original Tempo setting in the élastique Timestretch plug-in.
- Scrollbars have been added to the Plug-In Chainer.
- When you have data windows maximized, the window title is now italicized during playback to indicate which window is playing.
- Improved AAC file support.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sound Forge Pro from opening or saving MPEG-4 audio when QuickTime 7.6.4 is installed.
- Fixed a bug that could cause corruption in Broadcast Wave Format metadata.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the waveform from being displayed properly within a smooth fade-in curve when zoomed out.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the élastique Timestretch plug-in to crash on 32-bit PCs that do not support SSE2.
- Fixed a bug that could cause markers to shift after using the iZotope 64-bit SRC plug-in.
- Fixed a bug that prevented read-only project files (*.frg) from opening properly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Save to truncate tailing silence in certain scenarios.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Mix/Replace from displaying the entire mixed result.
- Fixed a bug that could cause short clicks at the end of certain preview operations.
More information: Sony Creative Software / Sound Forge Pro