Glitchmachines has released version 1.1 of Polygon, a sampler plugin designed to facilitate the creation of stunning composite sound effects.
Co-developed by Ivo Ivanov and Thomas Hennebert, Polygon was conceived from the ground up with unconventional attributes and a fast, forward-thinking workflow.
Layering samples is only the beginning. Polygon’s unique granular mode will bend your samples into fresh material while its clean and logical interface, extensive modulation options and distinctive sonic fingerprint make it an invaluable tool for creative sound design.
Changes in Polygon v1.1
- New features:
- new glide controls for each sampler as well as the sub oscillator + master glide offset.
- new solo function for each sampler and the sub oscillator.
- the effects processors can now be chained.
- tooltips showing the current values of knobs/sliders upon mouse hover.
- new waveform display with adaptive zooming to the current sample focus.
- you can now drag & drop samples from the Finder/Explorer to the sample slots.
- save a preset with copies of the samples used in a special folder for preset portability.
- new option in the menu for opening the Finder/Explorer at the presets folder location.
- UI refinements with improved contrast and new knob design.
- knobs now have a distinct indicator if their parameters are targeted by a modulator.
- new preset menu using columns for easier navigation.
- new factory presets by Subjex.
- Performance enhancements:
- numerous refinements to reduce CPU load.
- HQ mode: when de-activated can further reduce CPU load.
- fixed : some parameters would not update properly at sample rates higher than 44.1kHz.
- fixed : on preset change the sample folders paths (for file navigation using the arrows) would not update properly.
- fixed : loop mode broken if focus set to 100%.
- fixed : buttons and menus would capture the “Enter” key.
- fixed : the stutter effect could get stuck looping a short click.
- fixed : sample reverse misbehavior.
Polygon for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Glitchmachines / Polygon
Synthmob has announced the launch of the Synthmob Digital Sound Marketplace, a platform where sound designers and electronic musicians can sell synth presets, loops, samples, refills and more.
Attention: Sound Designers, Producers and Electronic Musicians!
We’re excited to introduce the Synthmob Digital Sound Marketplace, a platform to sell your sounds to thousands of electronic music makers and sound addicts worldwide.
The Marketplace is currently open to sellers by invitation only. Interested parties can request an invite.
More information: Synthmob
Composer, sound designer and performer Diego Stocco has introduced the Rhythmic Processing, the first title in the new “Feedforward Sounds” series of educational videos, based on advanced and experimental sound design techniques.
With these videos, I’m sharing with you guys the experience I gained out of years of work and countless hours spent in trying to figure out unique ways to create original sounds and music.
Rhythmic Processing is a technique that allows the creation of multiple rhythmic elements, in real-time, from a single instrumental part.
The dynamic accents of the instrumental part (in this case an acoustic guitar) are routed into several plugin chains, each one creating a separate rhythmic element.
Rhythmic Processing features
- 10 minute video (H264/720p, 87.2 MB), including:
- concept behind the technique
- recording of initial instrumental part
- setup of the Live session
- detailed function of each individual plugin chain
- final performance
- final notes.
The video is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Diego Stocco / FFS 01: Rhythmic Processing
ADSR Sounds has launched Neuro Bass Sound Design, a tutorial course comprising 54 videos on how to create Neuro Basses in Native Instruments Massive.
In this course from BassGorilla you’ll see not one or two, but 10 neuro bass sound design techniques.
These techniques were shared with him by Disprove, Ordure, Kursa, Skope, MakO and other producers.
If you’re really serious about advancing your skills for making Neuro music and discovering the exact hidden techniques of the top producers, how much would you estimate that investment to be worth?
The course is available to purchase for $57 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Neuro Bass Sound Design
The Sound Guy, Inc. has announced the release of a 64-bit upgrade of its SFX Machine Pro software for Mac that lets you create your own effects from scratch.
SFX Machine, a flexible multi-effects and sound design tool, will now work with 64-bit VST and Audio Unit host programs. A 64-bit VST version is also already available for Windows.
SFX Machine Pro provides quick and easy access to hundreds of audio effects, from the conventional to the bizarre.
SFX Machine Pro features
- A modular synthesis preset editor.
- Host tempo sync.
- MIDI automation.
- Randomize function.
- Output limiter.
- Over 300 effects.
SFX Machine Pro is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.
More information: The Sound Guy / SFX Machine Pro
ADSR Sounds has introduced Zebra – Oscillators & Envelopes Masterclass, a new video course by Jorgalad for u-he’s Zebra virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
There is a great deal of information out there about synthesis with Zebra and if you really want to be a master at your game you have to start at the start.
In this 15 video course (over 180 mins worth) for U-HE Zebra you will get a full in-depth overview of Zebra’s oscillators and envelopes.
This doesn’t mean your sounds are going to be basic as well, in fact with just these two components you can do a lot more than you would think! You will learn to create a wide variety of sounds from beautiful leads and pads to crazy deep bass and reeses.
Zebra – Oscillators & Envelopes Masterclass features
- 3 hours of instructional video content presented in 12 modules.
- In-depth explanation of Zebra’s oscillators from the basics of routing and phasing through to wave editors, stacking and key-scaling
- Advanced envelopes, tame your sounds with instruction on ADSR as well as how to loop envelopes and making different envelope curves/slopes.
- Practical examples of how to apply the theories to making sounds.
The Zebra – Oscillators & Envelopes Masterclass costs $27 USD.
Rekkerd.org readers receive a 25% discount by using coupon code REKKERDZEBRA1 at checkout. This offer ends January 26th, 2014.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Zebra – Oscillators & Envelopes
Samplephonics has released Household Percussion, a sample pack featuring samples of every day objects including saucepans, keys, kitchen utensils, zips, plastic, paper and more.
Sound designer Soundbits spent some time collecting various household objects, bringing them to the studio, hitting, shaking, dropping and manipulating them, then recording the sounds!
The result is a collection of over 1000 highly useful one shot percussive sounds and textures that can be used to make organic and interesting rhythm loops and effects.
The sample library is available in 24 Bit Wav, and 44.khz or 96khz versions to download, all sounds and samples are 100% royalty free and ready to use in your music or sound design project.
The sample library is available to purchase for £20 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics
Related: Antonio Blanca
, sound design
, Twisted Tools
Posted in news
on Dec 11, 2013
Twisted Tools has announced the release of a free snapbank and sample map for the DRON-E Reaktor ensemble by Antonio Blanca.
On behalf of all of us here at Twisted Tools, we’d like to wish you a very Happy Holiday! To celebrate, we’ve created a brand new snapbank and sample map for the legendary DRON-E Reaktor ensemble, originally created by Antonio Blanca and now exclusively available at Twisted Tools.
Antonio Blanca, known for his world class Lemur templates, Reaktor ensembles and sound design for companies such as Apple and Native Instruments, is the latest member of the Twisted Tools team so expect more great things in the near future!
The DRON-E ensemble is a free download.
Twisted Tools has also announced the launch of a storewide Holiday Sale.
Save 25% OFF all items at Twisted Tools
Now thru New Years Eve, save 25% absolutely everything at Twisted Tools!
USE THE CHECKOUT COUPON CODE: XMAS
More information: Twisted Tools / DRON-E