Meltedsounds has launched Whoosh, a true sound design instrument for Native Instruments Reaktor that enables you to create breath taking whoosh and pass-by effects.
It is possible to precisely design sounds varying from whistling wind whooshes to air ripping engine pass-bys or completely over the top granular sci-fi effects.
The included doppler effects engine was designed from ground up to physical model the acoustic phenomena of an object that approaches, passes, and recedes from an observer. The individual playback engines, the source mixer and doppler engine can be manipulated in synchronized connection to each other. This makes it possible to playback the desired sound effect at different durations while remaining everything in perfect sync.
Whoosh comes with an extensive onboard sample library licensed from leading sound effect recordists. It includes categories like wind, fire, metal, water, engine and explosion effects.
- Enables you to design breath taking whoosh and pass-by sound effects.
- Complex but intuitive to use sound design engine.
- 4 loop / grain samplers, 4 impact samplers, wave mixer, doppler engine and post effects.
- Comes with over 240 sounds exclusively licensed from professional sound effect recordists.
- Note: Loading your own sounds is not supported at the moment but it is possible. (This will become officially available in a future update)
Whoosh is available to purchase for $79 USD. Requires Reaktor 5.8 or later (Player not supported).
More information: Meltedsounds
Hzandbits has announced the release of Rubber Stamps, a comprehensive collection of rubber stamp sounds for productions that need solid office sounds.
You get 45 solid sounding recordings of 7 different stamps, ranging from simple wooden stamps, to mechanical self-inking stamps.
Try these sounds as sound design elements too – they’re especially great when pitching down an octave or two.
Rubber Stamps features
- 7 different rubber stamps recorded in 24bit/96kHz mono.
- Clean and dry quality recordings – many are loopable.
- Sounds ranging from glacially slow to downright busy.
- Wooden stamp recordings include authentic sticky ink-pad action (yay!).
- Metadata included in CSV and ODS (OpenOffice) formats.
The sample pack costs $6 USD.
More information: Hzandbits / Rubber Stamps
Loopmasters has launched Particular Sampler, a collection of samples from previously released Particular titles.
We’ve been as particular as ever and nitpicked every sample to give you an idea of what we have been up to lately. In the package you will find loops, oneshots and Impulse Responses spanning from the comfort of the well known to the exploration of the exotic – analogue dirt, digital shimmer and everything in between. Whatever you produce, 4 – 4, cinematics, dubstep, or anything downtempo this little taster will give you an idea of what Particular provides.
This Sampler contains WAV Loops, REX loops, WAV One-Shots and Impulse Responses from the following products:
Severed Bits – Components
Space Rangers – Sequences
Spectrality – Temporal Impulses
Severed Bits – Buffer Repeats
Euro Munchies – Tonal Toppings
All of these packs have the open range approach to sound design – meaning, we do not try to squeeze the sounds into any particular genre – rather we create sounds that express their own inherent designs, be it a deep excursion into a Euro rack modular system, or the exploration of a sound design concept.
The sampler is available to purchase for £9.95 GBP.
Until November 19th, 2013, all Particular sample libraries are 20% off.
More information: Loopmasters / Particular
Numerical Sound has announced Bass Tilt Filters (BTF), a Rack Extension that contains 36 convolution filters at each Reason sample rate to brighten or darken your sounds in the most transparent way possible.
They can be used in a wide range of applications: from mastering to adding warmth or clarity, from creative sound design to changing the emphasis of effects – or even emulating the sound of a vintage recordings.
Dark Tilt filters can remove harshness and blend sounds into a mix. Brighter Tilt filters emphasize the high end, adding presence that can keep sounds from getting lost in the mix.
Bass Tilt Filters features
- BTL cutoff frequencies are at C2 (65 Hz), C3 (131 Hz) and C4 (262 Hz) each with 6 levels of bright and dark – a total of 36 filters at each sample rate offered by Reason.
- This convolution software makes precision sound possible that is otherwise unattainable with parametric and multiband EQ because of its inherent lack of resonance curves and phase distortion.
- Stereo Width, Gain, Pan and Dry/Wet controls make it easy to mix and shape the sounds.
- Audiophile design supports 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 and 192 KHz sample rates, with processing transparently optimized for each sample rate.
The Bass Tilt Filter Rack Extension is available to purchase for 39 EUR.
More information: Numerical Sound / Bass Tilt Filters
Multiples Pro has announced the release of Padded Cell: Aftermath and Dust: Subtractor, two new free sound packs.
Aftermath is the latest title in the Padded Cell series of sound design sample libraries.
This time we used the mighty Absynth from Native Instruments to create 50 separate sound-scapes using samples crafted in earlier sample libraries released here on Multiples Pro.
Padded Cell: Aftermath features
- 200 Rhythmical Loops recorded at 120bpm.
- 100 Old School sounds made using the E|Loops X3 sample library.
- 50 brand new loops created with Absynth using Dust: Imposcar, Dust: Minimoog, Dust: MPBASIC, Padded Cell: Granulab and ABass XL.
- All 50 sounds then “Celled” in the usual way.
The Aftermath pack is a free download in .WAV format.
The Dust: Subtractor pack includes 10 multi-sampled sounds created with the Subtractor synthesizer in Propellerhead Reason.
This is one of our favourite synthesisers and continues to dominate many of our tracks to this day due to it’s sound and bite which is often missing from today’s software instruments.
We have created 10 sounds for you to use in your productions which ooze these characters as well as provide a nice back-bone to the bass and lead ends of your tunes.
The Subtractor pack is available to download in .WAV, Kontakt 4+, Maschine 1.8+, and MPSampler/Reaktor formats.
More information: Multiples Pro