Sound Magic has announced version 1.2 of its Neo Reference effect plug-in for Windows.
Neo Reference is a brand new tool for the final processing of digital music. It combines several of Sound Magic’s cutting edge dithering and noise shaping algorithms. These algorithms will change the sound of your music and they will let you find the best timbre for your individual style. Each dither and noise shape has its own unique timbre. What you need to do is listen to them carefully and you find the one that works best for your sound.
Changes in Neo Reference v1.2
- Parametrics changes for iOS and Andriod Phones.
- Improved Noise Level Simulation.
- Many Minor Changes.
Neo Reference for Windows (VST/Supreme Pianos add-on) is available to purchase for 29 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Reference
Sound Magic has announced version 2.0 of Neo EQ, a pitch tracking equalizer with dynamic interaction.
Neo EQ2.0 features an improved pitch tracking algorithm. This gives Neo EQ the ability to better track the right frequency for solo, vocal or a whole mix situation. For example, when the signal is a solo instrument, Neo EQ will track the right basic frequency and harmonic. When the signal changes to a whole mix, Neo EQ will focus on the most sensitive frequency, not on the harmonics. Different modes enable Neo EQ2.0 to do a great job on all kinds of music tracks.
One of the Neo EQ2.0 key features is the dynamic interaction between Boost/Cut and Q. By adding this, Neo EQ2.0 adds a whole new dimension to the words “Dynamic EQ”. This really adds life to the whole sound and helps you to shape your unique sound style.
Neo EQ 2.0 features
- Internal 64Bit double precision floating point processing.
- Innovative pitch detection algorithm can track the right frequency for solo, vocal and even a whole mix, provides different modes for different cases.
- 4 pitch detectors focus on bass, basic frequency, harmonic and higher harmonic, give users full control on the whole frequency range.
- Innovative dynamic interaction between boost/cut and Q. Provides controls on the peak follower so users can design their own interaction.
- Innovative EQ design for high frequency. Provides 3 modes for mixing and mastering usage.
- Innovative Auto Distortion Correction Peaking Filter Technology brings lower distortion rate than common filters.
- Artificial Intelligence Assisted Bandwidth/Q control based on the behavior modeling on over hundreds mixing engineers and users can choose 3 styles for their own use.
- Freeze function enables users to analyze an audio signal first, then hold its harmonic information and apply to another audio track.
- Simple and friendly GUI design.
- Up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Neo EQ 2.0 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo EQ
Sound Magic has announced Neo Reverb, a hybrid algorithm and convolution reverb effect plug-in for Windows.
Nowadays, when musicians and technicians are talking about reverb, Convolution Reverb is considered to have the best sound – it’s more realistic. At the same time, Algorithm Reverb is viewed as more alive and dynamic, with better playability.Combining the advantages of both has remained a dream – until now.
Sound Magic brings this dream into the real world. By converting the True Stereo IRs of specific spaces to Algorithms, Sound Magic is the first to accomplish this impossible mission. Opening a whole new doorway for digital reverb, we present Neo Reverb.
neo Reverb features
- Internal 64-bit floating point precision.
- All-Purposed Reverb contains 8 Algorithms for different spaces, including, Hall, Concert Hall, Room, Plate, Chamber, Ambience, Space and etc
- Innovative Hybrid Convolution and Algorithm Reverb Engine
- Innovative Cascade True Stereo technology
- Powerful modulation system helps to achieve a dynamic sound
- Over 40 in depth controls on the Reverb
- Over 130 algorithm IRs in 6 different categories for your uses
- Innovative Dual Cores Controls let users compare different settings quicker.
- Support up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
The plug-in costs 99 EUR. A Pro version including an IR file convertor is available for 199 EUR. (Windows VST).
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Reverb
Sound Magic has launched Neo Multi Dynamic, a multi-band compressor / limiter effect plug-in for Windows.
Neo Multi Dynamic is the multi bands version for the acclaimed Neo Dynamic, which features a 4 bands dyanmic processing with the innovative Linkwitz-Riley Splitter to separate the frequency bands and then process them. This gives you a better sounding multi bands dyanmic processing because the Linkwitz-Riley Crossover filter tends to have the lowest phase distortion of all filters.
Neo Multi Dynamic is a new concept in dynamic processing technology. Different from ordinary compressors/limiters, Neo Multi Dynamic not only offers more sonic variety than traditional units, it is far easier to use.
Neo Multi Dynamic features
- Internal 64 Bit double precision floating point.
- Innovative Linkwitz-Riley Splitter Design.
- 10 compressors and limiters modelled after famous hardware.
- THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise) ranging from -63dB to -135dB, depeding on the type and settings chosen.
- Powerful add-on system makes it easy to add additional compressors and limiters in the future.
- Incredibly accurate modeling by Sound Magic’s award winning modeling technology.
- Different plug-in version for use on Sidechain.
- Up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Neo Multi Dynamic is available to purchase for 49 EUR (Windows VST/Supreme Piano 2 add-on).
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Multi Dynamic
Sound Magic has updated its The One effect plugin to version 1.2.
The One is the easiest and the most convenient way for musicians to process their recordings. It features several options to choose from and only a single knob to implement them – that’s it. There’s no confusing technical terminology. Users only need to choose their goal and spin that single dial to get the desired result.
Changes in The One v1.2
- Improved Sound Quality on Wetter effect.
- Fixes possible crash on some AMD system.
- Better GUI.
- Many minor changes.
The One for Windows (VST/Supreme Pianos add-on) is available to purchase for 69 EUR. Previous Sound Magic customers pay 50 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / The One
Sound Magic has announced the release of the Mac VST version of its Orchestral Strings One free virtual instrument.
Orchestral Strings One was recorded utilizing the legendary acoustics in the famous Berliner Hall – home of the world class BERLINER PHILHARMONIKER. Our full string orchestra contains 14 violins, 10 Violas, 8 Cellos and 6 Double Basses. Now it’s your turn to experience this huge orchestral section as a useful string instrument. Sound Magic has created Orchestral Strings One as a single ensemble complete with the beautiful ambience of this amazing hall. This incredible instrument will quickly become your “go to” string orchestra. No longer will you have to try and build a similar sound with several different string instruments or sections, burning up tracks, RAM, CPU cycles and your valuable time!
Changes in Orchestral Strings One
- Updates main framework to Version 2.0 and do not need to install runtime library any more.
- Improved Capacity for Mountain Lion System, but not suggest current MAC AU version users to update.
- Add MAC VST support.
- Fixes a bug which cause Orchestral Strings One can not pass logic validation under some systems.
Sound Magic has also released a Concert Strings preset for Orchestral Strings One, which contain several styles of sound for users to use.
The Orchestral Strings One and presets are available to download from KVR Audio.
More information: Orchestral Strings One