Sound Magic has announced Neo MasterTool, an effect plug-in for mastering.
Neo MasterTool is a multi-bands, multi process mastering system, which provides different effect processing for mastering within one plugin.
By obtaining Neo MasterTool, you can get all weapons needed for mastering in one plugin.
Neo MasterTool features
- Flexible 5 band fully parametric EQ.
- Multi-Bands Compressor/Expander.
- Bass and High Dynamic Enhancer.
- Bass and High Psychoacoustic Harmonic Enhancer.
- Custom designed quad mode, multi-band Spatial Enhancer.
- Brickwall limiter.
- Different processing mode includes Stereo Mode and M/S Mode.
- Comprehensive metering system.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for 119 EUR / $149 USD / £109 GBP.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo MasterTool
Sound Magic has announced the release of Neo DynaMaster, a dynamic processor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Neo DynaMaster is a full-featured, multi-purpose stereo dual dynamics processor utilising a unique custom designed metering system and modelling engine, providing emulations of many vintage units, e.g. SSL, Tube-Tech and so on.
Neo DynaMaster performs simultaneous compression and expansion allowing more complex dynamics response curves than common compressors and provides huge scope to engineer your final sound. Neo DynaMaster’s intuitive GUI allows you to precisely edit view the dynamics response curve which is essential if you want to take full control of your dynamic range.
The comprehensive metering section comprising Peak and RMS bar meters, multi-channel scope, and Input/Output volt meters continuously provides all the information you need to better control your dynamics and levels.
Neo DynaMaster features a transparent, natural sound. In order to achieve this, Neo DynaMaster utilises a new, custom designed Peak Metering system to provide an unrivalled stable metering signal which eliminates audible level modulation artefacts while still retaining sample accurate transient detection resulting in -122dB THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise); far below the human audible range.
The plug-in is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo DynaMaster
Sound Magic has announced China Impression, a bundle of three virtual Chinese traditional instruments: China Story Erhu, Laurel Pipa and Bamboo Dreams Bawu.
These 3 instruments can help musician to bring Classic Asian/Chinese flavor into their music. At the mean time, it also saves money.
China Story Erhu features Erhu, which is also regarded as Chinese Violin. This instrument is the main string instrument used in traditional Chinese music and you can hear it nearly in every Hollywood movie which has Chinese elements.
Laurel Pipa features Pipa, which is also called Chinese lute. In traditional Chinese music, Pipa plays the same role as guitar.
Bamboo Dreams Bawu features Bawu, which is a woodwind instrument.
The China Impression bundle costs 249 EUR. Existing users of China Story Erhu, Laurel Pipa and Bamboo Dreams Bawu can upgrade at the difference between the bundle price and purchase products.
More information: Sound Magic / China Impression
Sound Magic has released Bamboo Dreams BaWu, a virtual Chinese wind instrument.
Although shaped like a flute, it is actually a free reed instrument, with a single metal reed. It is played in a transverse (horizontal) manner. It has a pure, clarinet-like timbre and its playing technique incorporates the use of much ornamentation, particularly bending tones. The bawu likely originated in the Yunnan province of southwest China, it has become a standard instrument throughout China, used in modern Chinese compositions for traditional instrument ensembles. The instrument is also closely associated with Hmong, Yi, Hani and other minority cultures in southwestern China. It is typically used as a solo instrument, and is often featured in film scores; it is sometimes also heard in popular music recordings.
This over 1GB (500MB after compression) library covers nearly all existing performance skills of Bawu, with over 9 categories and 30 variations.
To ensure the maximum accuracy and musicality in the reproduction of this complex and beautiful sound, Sound Magic invited the virtuoso from the prestigious China National Philharmonic to record their wide variety of sounds. To make it easier for you to sound like one of these world reknowned Bawu performers, Sound Magic has developed a simpler set of controls to let you control all 30 skills on the fly.
Bamboo Dreams BaWu features
- High Quality 24Bit/96KHz Resolution Samples.
- VSTi/AU/ Kontakt Format, VSTi supports Sound Magic’s Add-on System.
- Patented Multi-Dimension Vector Synthesis (MVS) Technologies.
- Over 1GB size and 500MB after compression.
- Key Switch, Mod switch different groups of samples.
- Multi Layer Velocity Sample provides realistic experience.
- Over 9 categories, 30 kinds of performance skills.
The Bamboo Dreams BaWu costs 79 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Bamboo Dreams BaWu
Sound Magic has announced the release of Headphone Mix 3, a speaker simulation effect plug-in for Windows.
Headphone Mix 3 is a special effect unit which suitable for those who make their music on headphone monitor system. Headphone Mix 3 combines environment simulation system, frequency compensate system and HRTF technologies to emulate the speaker feelings on your headphones.
Headphone lacks the blend of two channels (Left and Right), reverb from air and reflections from human ears, which may lead to the lack of imaging and false feelings on sound field. Headphone Mix 3 solves this issue by blending both channels, adding extra reverb to the sound and applying HRTF to emulate reflections.
Headphone Mix 3 features
- A complete environment simulation system based on Reverb and HRTF.
- In-built custom HRTF algorithm which can load HRTF data to fit for different head types.
- The same Hybrid Reverb Technology used in Neo Reverb to ensure accurate environment simulation.
- Accurate modeling on Signal to Noise Ratio, Stereo Crosstalk and Frequency Respond Curve of common used playback devices. Such as Car Audio, iPhone, iPad, Andriod smart phones and Hi-end HIFI system.
- Three bands frequency compensate system.
- A.I.R.C technology which can compensate the loss in high frequency.
- 3 sliders to control the effect depth.
- Up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Headphone Mix 3 for Windows (VST/Supreme Pianos add-on) costs 49 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Headphone Mix 3