Sound Magic has introduced Orchestral Strings One, a free string orchestral instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Orchestral Strings One was recorded utilizing the legendary acoustics in the famous Berliner Hall – home of the world class BERLINER PHILHARMONIKER. Our full string orchestra contains 14 violins,10 Violas, 8 Cellos and 6 Double Basses. Now you’re your turn to experience this huge orchestral section as a useful string instrument. Sound Magic has created Orchestral Strings One as a single ensemble complete with the beautiful ambience of this amazing hall. This incredible instrument will quickly become your “go to” string orchestra. No longer will you have to try and build a similar sound with several different string instruments or sections, burning up tracks, RAM, CPU cycles and your valuable time!
Violins, violas, cellos and basses are considered to be nearly impossible to sample into realistic sounding instruments. And the String Ensemble is the holy grail of these string instruments. KVR’s Developers Challenge has provided Sound Magic with an opportunity to push the boundaries of our Hybrid Modeling Technology by creating Orchestral Strings One. Our quest for extreme realism not only lets us flex our engineering and computational chops – it gives you an incredibly useful freebie!
Orchestral Strings One features
- Innovative Sampling technologies put 14 violins, 10 Violas, 8 Cellos and 6 Double Basses into One instrument.
- Neo Hybrid Modeling Engine make the full strings section into 200MB.
- Innovative Key Switch and Controller system makes it ideal for use in live performance.
- Can real-time switch between Spic, Staccato, Pizzicato, Legato, Cresando, Decresando, PFP, Vibrato, Tremolo, Trills and Sordino by Key Switches and MIDI Controllers.
- Fully controllable legato system.
- Auto Rhythm Tool helps you better and quicker play repeated notes on fly.
- Multi Microphone Positions, Player, Audience and Ambience/Room.
- Small RAM usage and Light on CPU.
- Built-in High-Quality Reverb.
- Built in 64-Steps Sequencer enable users to compose their string phrases in a quickest and efficient way.
- Support Add-ons System.
The plugin is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Orchestral Strings One
Sound Magic has announced version 2.0 of Pianist, a revolutionary effects unit that has been specially designed to give you control of your piano tracks/recordings.
Pianist is designed around a simple 3 step system. First, color your piano sound, changing the darkness or airiness to fit the room, the song, the ideal. Next, adjust the dynamics, change from hard hitting thunder to dancing pianissimo. The special designed compressor here can help you fit your piano track into any style of music! Finally, play with the space – move it around, left and right, create lush reverbs, tighten it up with a small club feel. All of these operations are easy to understand – no complicated technical terms, no engineering degree needed!
Sound Magic’s Pianist lets you shape the sound of your keyboard tracks.
Changes in Pianist v2.0
- New improved algorithm for reverb.
- Add Microphone Modeler feature which.
- New AIR channel will bring life on high frequency.
- Improved position algorithm.
- Better fit for Supreme Piano 3.
- Add A/B Comparison feature.
- rearrange automation names and settings.
- Add help hints to all controls.
- Many minor changes.
Pianist for Windows (VST/Supreme Piano 3 add-on) is available to purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Pianist
Sound Magic has announced Vocalist, a VST effect plug-in for vocal processing.
Vocalist is a unique, comprehensive and powerful tool for your vocal tracks. It combines effects units such as De-esser, EQ, Compressor, Doubler and Reverb and each one has been optimized for the human voice. And, as always, Sound Magic has made the Vocalist incredibly easy to operate.
- Internal 64-bit floating point precision.
- Combines De-esser, EQ, Compressor, Doubler & Reverb for vocals.
- Special Designed Effect Units and Workflow for Vocal Processing.
- Innovative Mixer enables users to control all effects in a mixer.
- Easy to operate EQ enables users to control basic frequency or brightness of the vocal using only one slider.
- Innovative Doubler design provides a unique, impact sound and expand the sound in 3D sound field.
- Special Designed High- Quality Reverb adds beautiful ambience to the vocal Innovative AIR channel add more life the vocal sound.
- Support up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
The Vocalist VST plug-in for Windows costs 80 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Vocalist
Sound Magic has released version 1.2 of its Neo Plasma multi delay effect for Windows.
Neo Plasma is a new concept in multi delay type effects, completely unlike other systems.
Neo Plasma uses a Plasma Collision System to maximize the randomness of several parameters, creating a bigger and richer sound than is possible with standard FX boxes.
Changes in Neo Plasma v1.2
- Fixes swap between left and right channel on some systems.
- Default settings adjusted for a more natural sound.
- New algorithm for plasma system.
- Random range adjusted.
- Many minor changes.
Neo Plasma for Windows (VST/Supreme Piano 2 add-on) costs 49 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Plasma
Sound Magic has announced its Esser Terminator de-esser effect plug-in for Windows.
Sometime in a vocal recording, you will hear sounds like “esssss” or “shshsh”. That’s called esser. It is a common case but does not good in a mix. You have to remove them as soon as possible.
Esser Terminator is the right tool for doing that without cutting the high frequency as dynamic EQ method by using Sound Magic innovative algorithm. Esser Terminator delivers a smooth and transparent sound. In addition, Esser Terminator provides 4 controls for you to fit in your case. If you need a tool for de-esser job frequently, Esser Terminator is the one.
The plug-in (Windows VST) is available to purchase for 29.90 EUR. Existing Sound Magic customers pay 25 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Esser Terminator
Sound Magic has announced Piano One Special Edition, a free virtual piano instrument for Windows and Mac.
In order to Celebrate Piano One is selected as one of the 27 best free VSTs by music radar! Sound Magic releases Piano One Special Edition. The Special Edition contains all the presets published up to Sep 2012, 20 presets in total and most important, adds previous hidden key noise and harmonic controls into automation list, which previous only available on our commercial products.
The Sound of Piano One comes from the Yamaha C7 concert grand, a true workhorse in the professional piano world, appearing on famous concert stages, in international competitions and in prestigious music events throughout the world.
By utilizing the Sound Magic Hybrid Modeling Engine, Piano One offers both the Realistic Sound of Sampling and the Playability of Modeling. Hybrid Modeling provides an instantaneous feeling – no delay – and a truer and richer sound than canbe created with either sampling or modeling alone. What’s more, Piano One utilizes only 160MB, which is quite a small footprint, making Piano One usable even on older PCs. There is no waiting time when loading and the CPU usage is so small that it’s virtually unnoticeable.
Piano One is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) at no cost.
More information: Sound Magic / Piano One