Sound Magic has announced version 2.6 of the Ruby Piano, a virtual Yamaha Concert Grand piano instrument for Windows and Mac.
Ruby Piano starts with the Famous Yamaha C7 sound, Appearing on famous concert stages, international competitions and prestigious music events throughout the world. Ruby Piano has successfully captured the mellow sustain and beautiful tones of a Yamaha C7 built in 1972, which has original ivory keys. and also managed to represents its unique timbre quality through NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine. It is a beautiful sounding and musical piano ideal for pops and Jazz.
This new version features Sound Magic’s NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine, which provides better simulation on key release and Sympathetic Resonance Sound than previous releases. Also by offering newly designed Scala Tuning System, Ruby Piano will provide better and richer sound than before, and allow the user more control over the sound.
Changes in Ruby Piano v2.6
- Improved CPU usage when polyphony is high.
- Fixes the issue that occasional crash in Cubase 7.
- Improved sustain pedal response.
- Improved Reverb quality.
- Many minor changes.
Ruby Piano for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Ruby Piano
Sound Magic has announced version 1.2 of its Neo Reference effect plug-in for Windows.
Neo Reference is a brand new tool for the final processing of digital music. It combines several of Sound Magic’s cutting edge dithering and noise shaping algorithms. These algorithms will change the sound of your music and they will let you find the best timbre for your individual style. Each dither and noise shape has its own unique timbre. What you need to do is listen to them carefully and you find the one that works best for your sound.
Changes in Neo Reference v1.2
- Parametrics changes for iOS and Andriod Phones.
- Improved Noise Level Simulation.
- Many Minor Changes.
Neo Reference for Windows (VST/Supreme Pianos add-on) is available to purchase for 29 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Reference
Sound Magic has announced version 2.0 of Neo EQ, a pitch tracking equalizer with dynamic interaction.
Neo EQ2.0 features an improved pitch tracking algorithm. This gives Neo EQ the ability to better track the right frequency for solo, vocal or a whole mix situation. For example, when the signal is a solo instrument, Neo EQ will track the right basic frequency and harmonic. When the signal changes to a whole mix, Neo EQ will focus on the most sensitive frequency, not on the harmonics. Different modes enable Neo EQ2.0 to do a great job on all kinds of music tracks.
One of the Neo EQ2.0 key features is the dynamic interaction between Boost/Cut and Q. By adding this, Neo EQ2.0 adds a whole new dimension to the words “Dynamic EQ”. This really adds life to the whole sound and helps you to shape your unique sound style.
Neo EQ 2.0 features
- Internal 64Bit double precision floating point processing.
- Innovative pitch detection algorithm can track the right frequency for solo, vocal and even a whole mix, provides different modes for different cases.
- 4 pitch detectors focus on bass, basic frequency, harmonic and higher harmonic, give users full control on the whole frequency range.
- Innovative dynamic interaction between boost/cut and Q. Provides controls on the peak follower so users can design their own interaction.
- Innovative EQ design for high frequency. Provides 3 modes for mixing and mastering usage.
- Innovative Auto Distortion Correction Peaking Filter Technology brings lower distortion rate than common filters.
- Artificial Intelligence Assisted Bandwidth/Q control based on the behavior modeling on over hundreds mixing engineers and users can choose 3 styles for their own use.
- Freeze function enables users to analyze an audio signal first, then hold its harmonic information and apply to another audio track.
- Simple and friendly GUI design.
- Up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Neo EQ 2.0 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo EQ
Sound Magic has announced Neo Reverb, a hybrid algorithm and convolution reverb effect plug-in for Windows.
Nowadays, when musicians and technicians are talking about reverb, Convolution Reverb is considered to have the best sound – it’s more realistic. At the same time, Algorithm Reverb is viewed as more alive and dynamic, with better playability.Combining the advantages of both has remained a dream – until now.
Sound Magic brings this dream into the real world. By converting the True Stereo IRs of specific spaces to Algorithms, Sound Magic is the first to accomplish this impossible mission. Opening a whole new doorway for digital reverb, we present Neo Reverb.
neo Reverb features
- Internal 64-bit floating point precision.
- All-Purposed Reverb contains 8 Algorithms for different spaces, including, Hall, Concert Hall, Room, Plate, Chamber, Ambience, Space and etc
- Innovative Hybrid Convolution and Algorithm Reverb Engine
- Innovative Cascade True Stereo technology
- Powerful modulation system helps to achieve a dynamic sound
- Over 40 in depth controls on the Reverb
- Over 130 algorithm IRs in 6 different categories for your uses
- Innovative Dual Cores Controls let users compare different settings quicker.
- Support up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
The plug-in costs 99 EUR. A Pro version including an IR file convertor is available for 199 EUR. (Windows VST).
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Reverb
Sound Magic has launched Neo Multi Dynamic, a multi-band compressor / limiter effect plug-in for Windows.
Neo Multi Dynamic is the multi bands version for the acclaimed Neo Dynamic, which features a 4 bands dyanmic processing with the innovative Linkwitz-Riley Splitter to separate the frequency bands and then process them. This gives you a better sounding multi bands dyanmic processing because the Linkwitz-Riley Crossover filter tends to have the lowest phase distortion of all filters.
Neo Multi Dynamic is a new concept in dynamic processing technology. Different from ordinary compressors/limiters, Neo Multi Dynamic not only offers more sonic variety than traditional units, it is far easier to use.
Neo Multi Dynamic features
- Internal 64 Bit double precision floating point.
- Innovative Linkwitz-Riley Splitter Design.
- 10 compressors and limiters modelled after famous hardware.
- THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise) ranging from -63dB to -135dB, depeding on the type and settings chosen.
- Powerful add-on system makes it easy to add additional compressors and limiters in the future.
- Incredibly accurate modeling by Sound Magic’s award winning modeling technology.
- Different plug-in version for use on Sidechain.
- Up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Neo Multi Dynamic is available to purchase for 49 EUR (Windows VST/Supreme Piano 2 add-on).
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Multi Dynamic