Sound Performance Lab has announced the release of DrumXchanger, a drum replacement plug-in for Windows and Mac.
You guessed it: the DrumXchanger replaces drum sounds. What’s more surprising: based upon our proprietary Transient Designer technology, it can replace drum sounds irrespective of their level.
- Dual threshold technology doubles replacement safety.
- Two Transient Designer processing stages included.
- One original Transient Designer plug-in included for free.
- 1 GB sample library with 4 drum kits.
- SPLX File Editor for creation of new drum kits.
- WAV and AIFF import.
- Phase-accurate sample replacement.
- Ducking function.
- High and low pass filters.
- Real-time pitch shifting +/- one octave.
- Delay control for precise placement.
- MIDI capabilities (in/out) under way.
DrumXchanger is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for the introductory price of 249 EUR (regular price 336 EUR). An upgrade launch offer is available to all owners of the Transient Designer plug-in (including the UAD version) for 149 EUR. All prices exclude taxes and are only valid during the launch period which ends May 20, 2010.
More information: SPL / DrumXchanger
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Sound Performance Lab
Posted in news
on Mar 23, 2010
Sound Performance Lab has announced it will launch five new products at the Musikmesse 2010 (24-27 March).
New SPL products
- M/S Master M/S management processor
- Fully adjustable separation of L/R signals into middle/side signals
- Frequency filter for bass and room ambience control
- Stereo width control
- Inserts for external processors. Switch your outboard from stereo to M/S processing with a single button and without cabling
- Transpressor The ultimate dynamic processor
- Transient Designer & Twin Core Compressor
- Both modules can be used in any order
- Transient processing starts at the limits of compression, e. g. to emphasize dynamic structures in spite of compression
- RackPack 4 RackPack frame for four modules
- Mounting frame & power supply for up to four modules
- Compact, portable and more affordable
- Lateral handle, fitting system for a 19-inch rack included
- Dual-Band De-Esser RackPack module against sibilance
- New RackPack module: Dual-Band De-Esser
- Kicks “S” with phase cancellation technique
- Extremely sound-neutral
- Increased effectiveness and targeted processing with high and low band
- Auto-Threshold keeps processing level constant even at varying microphone distances
- Male/Female mode perfectly adapts to male or female voices
- DrumXchanger Analog Code Plug-in
- Optimizes or replaces drum sounds in a mix
- Replaces samples phase-accurately
- Transient Designer technology for level-independent recognition
- Recognizes all drum hits faithfully, including the faintest ghost notes
- Two complete Transient Designer processing stages
- High-quality 24 bit/96 kHz SPL sample library
- Launch of the BETA version at Musikmesse (March 24)
More information: Sound Performance Lab
SPL (Sound Performance Lab) has introduced the M/S Master, a hardware unit for M/S processing.
Contributing to the ongoing debate about M/S Mastering, SPL introduces a new, powerful analog tool that can manage M/S signal separation and integrate external processors seamlessly – The M/S Master. It’s world premiere will be at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt.
The M/S Master allows a fully adjustable separation of stereo L/R signals (X/Y) into middle/side signals (M/S). M/S separation and positioning, as well as the stereo image, are defined by the Balance and Level knobs, while a switchable frequency filter for the Side signal controls the lower frequencies and the room ambience.
One of the main features of the M/S Master is that it can integrate external processors via switchable inserts. Thus, outboard gear can be easily integrated into the X/Y or M/S mix with a single button and without the need of any cabling. These processing possibilities make the M/S Master an essential tool in mastering environments.
The M/S Master will be displayed at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt from the 24th to the 27th of March, 2010. You can find the SPL stand (B82) in Hall 5.1.
More information: SPL
SPL has released version 1.2 of Analog Code, a collection of plug-ins with features and performance of its analog processors.
Using the latest, most powerful methods available for high-precision modeling of our analog circuit designs, SPL has produced results far beyond pure mathematical approaches.
These digital products are so amazingly close to their analog equivalents that we call them the Analog Code™ plug-ins.
Changes in Analog Code v1.2
- All SPL plug-ins support VST3 now
- TDM support for Logic
- Update for all Analog Code plug-ins and MicroPlugs
- Several small bug fixes, including MicroPlugs for MAC
The Analog Code update is free to download for existing users.
More information: SPL / Analog Code
SPL has announced the release of the Analog Code Vitalizer plug-in, a unique and comprehensive tool to add character and life to any music production.
All different models together, the hardware version was sold more than 30.000 times. Now we have transferred this legendary, patented filter technology for sound optimizing to the digital domain. Using the latest component modeling methods, the unique Analog Code sound quality is simply amazing.
Vitalizer Plug-in features
- Patented technology for automatic sound optimizing
- Very easy to use
- Bass, mid and top end processing
- Unmasking of overlapping sounds
- Adjustable soft and tight low frequency sounds
- Ideal sounds patterns for electronic sounds/genres
- Mono, stereo or multi-channel operation
- Suitable for recording, mixing, mastering or playback
- Process single tracks, sub groups or sum signals
- Add presence and transparency to mixes
- Emphasize the sound character of instruments
- Create impressive sounding lows
- Separate several low signals effortlessly
- Increase loudness
- Restore old recordings
- Give intensity to sound effects (samples)
- Improve spatial impression
A demo version of the Vitalizer Plug-in is available for MAC and PC in all main formats (TDM/RTAS/VST/AU). A VENUE version is already available as well.
The Vitalizer Plug-in will be available for purchase on December 7, 2009.
More information: SPL / Vitalizer Plug-in download