PowerFX has announced the release of AudioLocker, an application which lets you backup and organize your sound libraries in Soundation Studio.
AudioLocker is a desktop application that allows you to store your files in your own account on the “Soundation cloud”, and import your own sounds into Soundation Studio. AudioLocker is a simple drag-and-drop program, easily allowing uploads, downloads, delete, folder creation and integration with Soundation Studio. AudioLocker also receives and stores any purchases made from the Soundation Sound Shop, so those sounds are always available and always backed up.
“Many of our customers who have purchased sounds from us request another copy because their hard disk crashed” says Bil Bryant, CEO of PowerFX. “With AudioLocker, all your purchases from the Soundation Sound Shop are automatically stored in your account and always available from your desktop or from Soundation Studio.”
- Intro, a 100MB account ($19 a year)
- Basic 2 GB account ($49 a year/ 4.99 a month)
- Power User 5 GB account ($99 a year/9.99 a month) which includes 20 sound sets (over 400 additional loops) preloaded in your AudioLocker.
More information: PowerFX / AudioLocker
PowerFX has announced the introduction of 3 synths, a drum machine and a noise generator for everyone to use in their web based sequencer, Soundation Studio.
The addition of instrument channels adds a whole new dimension to making music on the web to go along with the existing sound tools in this innovative application, like 400 loops, 9 real time effects and publish to web functionality.
New virtual instruments
- Simple, a 4 oscillator synth with Saw, Square, Sine and Noise waveforms complete with Amp and Filter envelopes.
- Mono, 2 oscillator synth with a mix pot to blend the saw and square waveforms.
- SuperSaw, 7 oscillators with Detune, Spread and Amp envelopes.
- Drum Machine, with 8 classic 808 style sounds and individual drum sound settings for Gain, Pitch, Hold and Decay.
- Noiser is a white noise generating synth with an Amp envelope for the romantics in us all.
Note clips and a side chain emulator called “Fakie” are other new developments to Soundation Studio.
More information: Soundation
PowerFX has announced the release of a public beta of Soundation Studio, a web based sequencer that enables you to make music, ringtones and audio clips directly from the internet without downloading any software.
This beta version includes over 400 royalty free audio loops, 9 different effects, track automation, basic loop editing, time stretching, master channel control, publish to web and download to desktop features.
All processing is done locally so the performance and amount of tracks you can use is based on your personal computer setup and internet connection. The real time effects can be chained together to create multiple manipulation possibilities and all the loops are 16 bit, 44.1 stereo wav files. You can start using Soundation Studio at http://www.soundation.com/studio/ and follow the developments and see tutorial videos on www.soundation.com/blog
More information: Soundation Studio