Soundcells has announced the release of its Thor Source v4 ReFill for Propellerhead Reason featuring the sounds of the Source synthesizer by Moog.
Thor’s modular design gave us the chance to rebuild the Source’s details with great accuracy. Then we copied our favorite Source patches with great ease into Thor and after this we managed to take those sounds numerous steps further. The sounding results however stayed amazingly close to the Source’s character. In this ReFill’s documentary folder you’ll find proof of this. Thor makes the Source polyphonic and velocity sensitive as well. By now you’ll understand that this ReFill goes way beyond only emulating the past.
Thor Source offers you deep and fat basses, retro and nu style leads, wonderfull keyboard sounds, mouth watering pads, analog drums and more. Version 2 & 3 added four sampled raw oscillator settings from the original synthesizer as also fully sampled Moog Source sounds, new combinator patches and new backdrops.
Version 4 adds 15 new combinator patches, 10 new rex loops and a reworked folder structure for a much easier use of this ReFill.
Thor Source v4 features
- 229 combinator patches.
- 25 original documentary patches each in 4 versions.
- 74 combinator patches making full use of Reason’s devices.
- 55 combinator patches based on the sampled raw oscillator settings and the fully sampled ones.
- 40 new rex loops.
- 370+ Moog Source samples in 44Khz / 24 bit.
The ReFill is available to purchase for the introductory price of 17.90 EUR until March 31st, 2013 (regular 24.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / Thor Source v4
Soundcells has announced version 8 of Salad Bar, a ReFill for Propellerhead Reason.
Version 8 of this evergrowing ReFill project is stuffed with 30 new combinator patches coming from the Soundcells ReFills “PolysixRE” and “Antidote Signature”, plus 15 new Salad Bar exclusives. Salad Bar´s patches will cover all kinds of music styles showing you the very best Soundcells has to offer.
With its almost 380 combinators in total, this ReFill simply is a “must-have” for every producer´s collection.
Salad Bar v8 features
- 252 combinator patches coming from all Soundcells ReFills.
- 125 Salad Bar exclusive combinator patches.
- 359 well balanced patches for Thor, Malstroem, Subtractor, NNXT, Antidote, Polysix and ReDrum.
- 60 rex loops.
- The modules folder contains the basic synth and NNXT patches which were used for the combinator sounds.
- 8 tracks in RNS format – inspiring with highl ‘tutorialesque’ value.
The Salad Bar ReFill is available to purchase for 14.90 EUR.
More information: Soundcells / Salad Bar
Soundcells has announced Antidote Signature, a ReFill for the Antidote Rack Extension by Synapse Audio.
Antidote Signature for Reason 6.5 and up is based on the Antidote Rack Extension from Synapse Audio – a synthesizer that offers a powerful architecture to produce more than mere ‘bread and butter‘ sounds, combined with a clear and logical user interface. Thanks to its high quality oscillators and the zero-latency filter design – among some other great features -, the user can be sure always to get a very clear and powerful sound out of Antidote.
The Antidote Signature ReFill is an impressive proof of this, and it brings highly playable and great sounding patches to the user´s hand. It´s not genre-specific, so Wurlitzer-like pianos, modern screaming but also classic hardware-like leads, punching basses, warm & rich pads and surprising textures emphasize why this little gem should be part of everybody´s portfolio…
Antidote Signature features
- 70 Combinator patches.
- 100 Antidote patches: Atmos & Textures, Bass, Keys, Leads, Pads, Rhythmic, SFX.
- Well programmed mod matrix assignments.
- Well balanced volume settings & carefully assigned modwheel and combinator buttons and knobs.
The ReFill is available to purchase for 8.90 EUR (requires Synapse-Audio Antidote RE, not included).
More information: Soundcells / Antidote Signature
Soundcells has announced the release of WaveDrummin V2, an update to the organic, electronic percussion ReFill for Propellerhead Reason.
“WaveDrummin v2″ is not just another percussion ReFill. By finding a whole new continent Columbus redrew the map of our planet. Now it´s your turn to do so. By making use of this ReFill you can combine enchanting and haunting rhythms coming from all continents, maybe even from other planets as well as Wavedrummin opens doors to percussive bliss that have never been opened before.
At the studio in Central Europe Soundcells recorded their favorite hits and bits coming from the Wavedrum by Korg and – since version 2 – the incredible Impaktor by BeepStreet. The result has become this ReFill – a work of art, a tool that lets you draw your own restyled map of our precious planet.
WaveDrummin V2 features
- 150 combinator patches stuffed with inspiring new energy (35 new ones since version 2).
- 143 rex loops that range from authentically acoustic to crazy electronic stuff, 20 Kong kits, 20 NNXT patches and 7 Redrum kits.
- 210 single hits to build your own kits from.
- Recorded impact noises coming from Brushes, Rods, Sticks and Fingers to add extra realism to the loops. The combinators carry knobs to control their volumes.
- All single loops and samples are included into this download in Rex and Wave format. By purchasing this pack you are not restricted to Reason only. However there is a lot more magic to be found within the ReFill.
The ReFill is available for the introductory price of 14.90 EUR until December 31st, 2012 (regular 19.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / WaveDrummin
Soundcells has announced the release of Digital Genome v3, a ReFill featuring the sounds of the Amiga 1200.
In modern molecular biology, the genome is the entirety of an organism´s hereditary information. It is encoded either in DNA or in case of this fine ReFill it´s the AMIGA1200 encoded in Reason´s NNXT samples.
The AMIGA1200 with it´s 8-bit Paula chip was extremely popular among producers all over the world in the early nineties. “Digital Genome” picks up the thread where Soundcells left with “bitBUMPER deluxe” with it´s funky, housy and spacy lo-fi character! Warm, gritty, sleezy, dangerous and nostalgic are the keywords.
This ReFill can be used as a full workstation since everything the old Amiga had to offer is in there: basses, keys, lead synths, warm pads and enough drums and percussion to eat your heart out. And do not forget the wonderful FX section. The 200+ Genome combinators are conveniently built up with the right button functionality. Version 3 adds 25 new combinator patches, new NNXT patches as well as revised backdrops…
Digital Genome v3 features
- 203 combinator patches in 6 folders, great for many different styles of music: 36 Basses, 28 SFX, 43 Keys, 18 Leads, 27 Misc, 51 Pads.
- 208 NNXT patches containing the basic sounds which were used for the combinators.
- 230 original AMIGA1200 samples, 178 MB uncompressed.
- 21 fresh and great useable rex loops.
Digital Genome v3 is available to purchase for the introductory price of 19.90 EUR until December 1st, 2012 (regular 29.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / Digital Genome v3
Soundcells has announced the PolysixRE ReFill, a sound library for the Polysix Rack Extension in Reason 6.5.
The original Polysix, introduced in 1981, was a big success because of its warm sound character (as well as other features, of course) – and the same applies to the Polysix Rack Extension. Despite this synth`s quite simple architecture, the Polysix is capable of producing wonderful warm sounding pads, very responsive keys, but also super-dry and fat basses. This Polysix-based ReFill is a proof of this, and it is pure fun to use the 70+ combinators. These combinators, based on 40+ new Polysix patches (and a handful others for Reason´s own synths) are sitting extremly well in any mix. Using all the modularity Reason has to offer, this ReFill will please you with really nice retro but also many modern sounds. No matter your preference – the patches will always do a great job in your tracks.
Further the modwheel & the combinator buttons and knobs are carefully assigned to allow dramatic and effective changes to the default sounds you´ll be hearing initially.
PolysixRE ReFill features
- 72 combinator patches – from retro to modern.
- 45 new Polysix patches containing the basic patches which were used to build combinators.
- Carefully assigned modwheel & combinator button and knobs.
- CPU-friendly and fast loading patches.
The ReFill is available to purchase for 7.90 EUR.
More information: Soundcells / PolysixRE ReFill
Soundcells has updated its Afterglow ReFill for Reason to version 3.
“Afterglow v3″ – the ultimate atmospheric resource ReFill for trance producers, jungle heads and ambient artists. It’s analog, it’s digital, it’s tender and raw, glitchy at times but above this all: Extremely Atmospheric !
All sounds have been meticulously designed to be combined with eachother in the exact way the user would like it to be heard. Get great malstroem-, suprising subtractor- and fantastic thor patches, furthermore 280 samples from analog and digital gear, physical modeling synths and also field recordings.
Version 3 adds 25 inspiring combinator patches mainly based on the new field recordings which are included in this version (the patch name addition “v3″ makes clear which patches are the new ones).
Afterglow v3 features
- 279 combinator patches in 6 folders: Atmospheres & Textures, FX Style, Keys, Miscellaneous, Pads, Rhythmic.
- 120+ NNXT patches, 60+ Malström patches, 50+ Thor patches and 15 Subtractor patches.
- Analog leads and basses, lots of atmo textures and pads, bleeps, glitches and field recordings.
- Especially great for designing / composing game and film scores.
- 11 great demo tracks included.
Afterglow is available to purchase for the introductory price of 29.90 EUR until September 30th, 2012 (regular 39.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / Afterglow