Soundcells has announced the release of WaveDrummin V2, an update to the organic, electronic percussion ReFill for Propellerhead Reason.
“WaveDrummin v2″ is not just another percussion ReFill. By finding a whole new continent Columbus redrew the map of our planet. Now it´s your turn to do so. By making use of this ReFill you can combine enchanting and haunting rhythms coming from all continents, maybe even from other planets as well as Wavedrummin opens doors to percussive bliss that have never been opened before.
At the studio in Central Europe Soundcells recorded their favorite hits and bits coming from the Wavedrum by Korg and – since version 2 – the incredible Impaktor by BeepStreet. The result has become this ReFill – a work of art, a tool that lets you draw your own restyled map of our precious planet.
WaveDrummin V2 features
- 150 combinator patches stuffed with inspiring new energy (35 new ones since version 2).
- 143 rex loops that range from authentically acoustic to crazy electronic stuff, 20 Kong kits, 20 NNXT patches and 7 Redrum kits.
- 210 single hits to build your own kits from.
- Recorded impact noises coming from Brushes, Rods, Sticks and Fingers to add extra realism to the loops. The combinators carry knobs to control their volumes.
- All single loops and samples are included into this download in Rex and Wave format. By purchasing this pack you are not restricted to Reason only. However there is a lot more magic to be found within the ReFill.
The ReFill is available for the introductory price of 14.90 EUR until December 31st, 2012 (regular 19.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / WaveDrummin
Soundcells has announced the release of Digital Genome v3, a ReFill featuring the sounds of the Amiga 1200.
In modern molecular biology, the genome is the entirety of an organism´s hereditary information. It is encoded either in DNA or in case of this fine ReFill it´s the AMIGA1200 encoded in Reason´s NNXT samples.
The AMIGA1200 with it´s 8-bit Paula chip was extremely popular among producers all over the world in the early nineties. “Digital Genome” picks up the thread where Soundcells left with “bitBUMPER deluxe” with it´s funky, housy and spacy lo-fi character! Warm, gritty, sleezy, dangerous and nostalgic are the keywords.
This ReFill can be used as a full workstation since everything the old Amiga had to offer is in there: basses, keys, lead synths, warm pads and enough drums and percussion to eat your heart out. And do not forget the wonderful FX section. The 200+ Genome combinators are conveniently built up with the right button functionality. Version 3 adds 25 new combinator patches, new NNXT patches as well as revised backdrops…
Digital Genome v3 features
- 203 combinator patches in 6 folders, great for many different styles of music: 36 Basses, 28 SFX, 43 Keys, 18 Leads, 27 Misc, 51 Pads.
- 208 NNXT patches containing the basic sounds which were used for the combinators.
- 230 original AMIGA1200 samples, 178 MB uncompressed.
- 21 fresh and great useable rex loops.
Digital Genome v3 is available to purchase for the introductory price of 19.90 EUR until December 1st, 2012 (regular 29.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / Digital Genome v3
Soundcells has announced the PolysixRE ReFill, a sound library for the Polysix Rack Extension in Reason 6.5.
The original Polysix, introduced in 1981, was a big success because of its warm sound character (as well as other features, of course) – and the same applies to the Polysix Rack Extension. Despite this synth`s quite simple architecture, the Polysix is capable of producing wonderful warm sounding pads, very responsive keys, but also super-dry and fat basses. This Polysix-based ReFill is a proof of this, and it is pure fun to use the 70+ combinators. These combinators, based on 40+ new Polysix patches (and a handful others for Reason´s own synths) are sitting extremly well in any mix. Using all the modularity Reason has to offer, this ReFill will please you with really nice retro but also many modern sounds. No matter your preference – the patches will always do a great job in your tracks.
Further the modwheel & the combinator buttons and knobs are carefully assigned to allow dramatic and effective changes to the default sounds you´ll be hearing initially.
PolysixRE ReFill features
- 72 combinator patches – from retro to modern.
- 45 new Polysix patches containing the basic patches which were used to build combinators.
- Carefully assigned modwheel & combinator button and knobs.
- CPU-friendly and fast loading patches.
The ReFill is available to purchase for 7.90 EUR.
More information: Soundcells / PolysixRE ReFill
Soundcells has updated its Afterglow ReFill for Reason to version 3.
“Afterglow v3″ – the ultimate atmospheric resource ReFill for trance producers, jungle heads and ambient artists. It’s analog, it’s digital, it’s tender and raw, glitchy at times but above this all: Extremely Atmospheric !
All sounds have been meticulously designed to be combined with eachother in the exact way the user would like it to be heard. Get great malstroem-, suprising subtractor- and fantastic thor patches, furthermore 280 samples from analog and digital gear, physical modeling synths and also field recordings.
Version 3 adds 25 inspiring combinator patches mainly based on the new field recordings which are included in this version (the patch name addition “v3″ makes clear which patches are the new ones).
Afterglow v3 features
- 279 combinator patches in 6 folders: Atmospheres & Textures, FX Style, Keys, Miscellaneous, Pads, Rhythmic.
- 120+ NNXT patches, 60+ Malström patches, 50+ Thor patches and 15 Subtractor patches.
- Analog leads and basses, lots of atmo textures and pads, bleeps, glitches and field recordings.
- Especially great for designing / composing game and film scores.
- 11 great demo tracks included.
Afterglow is available to purchase for the introductory price of 29.90 EUR until September 30th, 2012 (regular 39.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / Afterglow
Soundcells has announced Boost 309 Version 4, an updated version of the ReFill for Reason.
“Boost 309 v4″ is based on the complete sample set of the vintage, lo-fi but charmingly sounding machine Rave-o-lution 309 by a company named Quasimidi. Soundcells has created 100 brand new combinator drum machines for you with these samples.
It all ranges from the old original 309 thing to amazing and unique patches that could have never been created within the 309 itself. Besides cool beats and complex, crazy rhythms Boost 309 will offer the user even more! Version 4 is an awesome update which adds 20 combinator patches: 5 combinator drum machines (plus their 5 shuffled counterparts) & 10 great playable combinator synth patches. Not to forget about the new Kong & ReDrum kits…
Boost 309 version 4 features
- 230 combinator patches in 4 folders: Bass, Leads, Pads, Polyphone Synths.
- 100+ NNXT patches, 20 Kong kits, 26 ReDrum kits and over 300 samples from the original 309.
- 60+ rex loops making use of the “Boost 309″ drum machines as also the original machine.
- 5 tracks in RNS format – inspiring with highly ‘tutorialesque’ value.
The ReFill is available to purchase for the introductory price of 19.90 EUR until September 9th, 2012 (regular 29.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / Boost 309
Soundcells has released version 7 of its Salad Bar showcase library of patches from Soundcells ReFills.
Salad Bar’s patches will cover all kinds of music styles showing you the very best Soundcells has to offer. It’s a great ReFill to get to know Soundcells’ work, introducing you to their signature dimension in designing sound.
Version 7 is filled with 20 awesome Nordic Red patches as also 15 exclusive Salad Bar only ones (111 SB-exclusives in total now).
With its nearly 340 combinators this Reason 6 ReFill is stronger than ever before. Apart from that it´s a real bargain and “must-have” for the user and an excellent ambassador for Soundcells.
Salad Bar Version 7 features
- 332 combinator patches in 8 folders: Atmospheres & Textures, Bass, Keys, Leads, Miscellaneous, Pads, Rhythmic, SaladBar_exclusive (currently 111 ‘Salad Bar Only’ ones).
- 391 well balanced patches for Thor, Malstroem, Subtractor, NNXT and ReDrum and also 60 rex loops.
- The modules folder contains the basic synth and NNXT patches which were used for the combinator sounds.
- 8 tracks in RNS format – inspiring with high ‘tutorialesque’ value.
The Salad Bar ReFill is available to purchase for 9.90 EUR.
More information: Soundcells / Salad Bar
Soundcells has released the full version of Nordic Red, the Modular G2x ReFill.
Nordic Red is a marvelleous sounding ReFill based on samples from the Nord Modular G2x synthesizer. ‘Prepare yourself for a journey where your creativity can reach new levels‘ – this statement from the ‘Welcome‘ section of the G2 manual is a perfect description of what you can expect from the Nordic Red ReFill. The ability to create an unlimited range of individual sounds will not only provide you with “otherworldly” atmospheric stuff, the deepest textures and great keys, but also with surprisingly “in-your-face” bass patches and wonderful pads when diving into this ReFill: The “self-playing” patches (called “Noodles” in the G2), for example, are great starting points to create some ultra-deep atmospheric textures – an ideal entry for composing film scores or game music.
By using Reason‘s fantastic timestretch algorithm (loading the waves as audio files), all samples can be tweaked further, diving deeper into the recordings, bouncing preferred parts and coming up with even more brilliant ambient gems…
But that´s not all that version 1 of Nordic Red has got to offer: If you are looking for quality bass patches, classic (or modern) keys, huge pads and more, you will not be disappointed! As usual, the combinator buttons and knobs were carefully assigned to allow dramtic changes to the default sounds you´ll be hearing initially.
Nordic Red features
- 126 impressive combinator patches subdivided in 6 folders.
- 149 NNXT patches containing the basic patches which were used to build the combinators.
- 600+ 44 khz, 24bit samples, 1.1 GB uncompressed.
- Great for film scores, game music, ambient & drones but also modern dance styles.
- 11 demo files with ‘tutorialesque‘ value are included.
The ReFill is available to purchase for the introductory price of 19.90 EUR until May 31, 2012 (regular 24.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / Nordic Red
Soundcells has released version 3 of its Simple Sampling ReFill for Propellerhead Reason.
If you are looking for classic old-school sampled sounds instead of huge patches built by hundreds of individual samples. Patches are super-fast laoding, CPU-friendly and they are full of ‘retro‘ character. Using Simple Sampling means that you will surprised by fat basses, great playable and funky keys, super-deep atmospheric textures, ‘simple‘ pianos full of character and huge pads – stunning quality in every aspect!
And lets not forget about the note-by-note sampled Stylophone…(the ‘Stylofunk‘ mp3 track on the product page is – apart from the drumloop – entirely based on stylophone samples)
Version 3 is an awesome update which adds 25 new combinator patches based on lots of new samples, and includes 9 great demo tracks.
Simple Sampling v3 features
- 151 combinator patches for many different styles of music, subdivided in 6 folders: Bass, Drum Machines, FX & Atmo, Keys, Leads, Pads.
- A note by note (a2 – e4) sampled and looped Stylophone including it´s typical release click.
- ‘Simple Samples‘ coming from the Rhodes Mark 1, Doepfer MS404, Supernova 2, microKORG, G2, Kawai K5000…
- The modules folder contains the basic NNXT patches which are used for the combinator sounds.
- 10 Rex loops, 5 Redrum kits.
- 9 great demo tracks included.
The ReFill is available for the introductory price of 19.90 EUR until May 10th, 2012 (regular 27.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / Simple Sampling