Soundcells has released Nordic Red, an ambient ReFill for Propellerhead Reason.
Nordic Red is based on samples from the ever popular Nord Modular G2X synthesizer.
Besides unlimited possibilties of creating a wide range of individual sounds – from 80‘s retro sounds to modern club patches, emulations of acoustic instruments to a world of sounds that never have delivered before – the main feature of this version of Nordic Red are the G2‘s “self-playing” patches, called ‘Noodles‘.
Whether you are playing ‘one-finger sessions” or rearranging the Noodles in any way you like – you will always find yourself surprised by stunning new sound textures. By using Reason‘s fantastic timestretch algorithm (loading the waves as audio files), all samples can be tweaked further, diving deeper into the recordings, bouncing preferred parts and coming up with even more brilliant ambient gems…
Nordic Red features
- 20 marvellous combinator patches.
- 35 NNXT patches containing the basic patches which were used to build the combinators.
- 24 recordings (up to 1.30 minutes per sample) from the Nord Modular G2X, 305 MB uncompressed.
- Great for all styles of music where deep atmosphere is desired.
- All samples are included into this download in Wave format – ready to use in any other DAW.
The Nordic Red ReFill is a free download.
More information: Soundcells / Nordic Red
Soundcells has announced its Daily Christmas Offers, a series of limited time deals on its products.
Soundcells is announcing their Christmas offer of this year! While the last days before Christmas are knocking at our door it´s time to offer something special.
Along with regular Christmas sentiments Soundcells would like to present all Reason / Record users with an almost 25% discount on their products! This is the perfect opportunity to make a present to yourself…
More information: Soundcells
Soundcells has released WaveDrummin, a ReFill for Reason featuring the sounds from the Wavedrum Oriental by Korg.
“WaveDrummin” is not just another percussion ReFill. By finding a whole new continent Columbus redrew the map of our planet. Now it´s your turn to do so. By making use of this ReFill you can combine enchanting and haunting rhythms coming from all continents, maybe even from other planets as well as Wavedrummin opens doors to percussive bliss that have never been opened before. At the studio in Central Europe Soundcells recorded their favorite hits and bits coming from the ever popular Wavedrum by Korg while being caught by rhythms coming from distant worlds. The result of this all has become this ReFill, a work of art, a tool that lets you draw your own restyled map of our precious planet.
Realism vs mixability – Lots of samples taken from acoustic, real percussion instruments have the tendency to sound kind of dull in your mixes. The power of their sound often gets mudded by the rest of your instruments. With this in mind Soundcells processed all DSP generated percussion coming from Korg´s Wavedrum Oriental in such a way that the sounds will always sit conveniently in your mixes. Their impact and power will never get lost. Another point that needs to be highlighted is this special stereo knob coming with lots of combinators that works wonders for the mixability of our loops. Check it out!
- 115 combinator patches stuffed with inspiring new energy.
- 107 rex loops that range from authentically acoustic to crazy electronic stuff, 20 Kong kits, 20 NNXT patches and 7 Redrum kits.
- 210 single hits to build your own kits from.
- Recorded impact noises coming from Brushes, Rods, Sticks and Fingers to add extra realism to the loops.
- The combinators carry knobs to control their volumes.
- All single loops and samples are included into this download in Rex and Wave format. By purchasing this pack you are not restricted to Reason only. However there is a lot more magic to be found within the ReFill.
WaveDrummin is available to purchase for the introductory price of 19.90 EUR until November 13, 2011 (regular 24.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / WaveDrummin
Soundcells has released Boost 309 v3, a ReFill based on the complete sample set of the vintage, lo-fi but charmingly sounding machine Rave-o-lution 309 by Quasimidi.
Soundcells have created 90 brand new combinator drum machines for you with these samples. It all ranges from the old original 309 thing to amazing and unique patches that could have never been created within the 309 itself. Besides cool beats and complex, crazy rhythms Boost 309 will offer you even more!
Version 3 is a huge update which adds 10 new combinator patches, 20+ ‘Bitrman‘ flavoured rex loops making use of the original Rave-o-lution groovebox recorded thru an Alesis Bitrman fx unit, as well as 15 awesome Kong kits making use of Kong´s synthesis methods…
Boost 309 v3 features
- 120 combinator patches containing deep basses, great playable keys, surprising leads and awesome pads.
- 90 combinator drum machines: 45 basic setups with their 45 shuffled counter parts.
- 109 NNXT patches, 15 Kong kits, 22 Redrum kits and over 300 origianl 309 samples.
- 63 rex loops making use of the “Boost 309″ drum machines as also the original machine (23 new in v3).
Boost 309 is available to purchase for the introductory price of 24.90 EUR until October 15, 2011 (regular 29.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / Boost 309
Soundcells has announced the Summer Sale 2011, offering various discounts on its product catalog.
Soundcells announces their ReFill summer sale 2011: 20 % discount on the single ReFills, and 15 % discount on the Soundcells bundles until the end of August.
Customers are always welcome to ask for a specific combination of products!
More information: Soundcells
Soundcells has released Salad Bar Version 5, the latest edition of the ever growing ReFill.
Every time when a new Soundcells ReFill will be released, Salad Bar will get its next update. And in this way Salad Bar versions 2, 3, 4 etc, will be created. Besides this, Soundcells will also be developing lots of unique ‘Salad Bar Only’ patches. With the coming of Greenhouse it was clear that it wouldn´t take very long for Soundcells´ evergrowing Salad Bar ReFill to get its latest update.
So they put 20 Greenhouse patches in there and they also added 15 exclusive Salad Bar patches (75 SB-exclusives in total now). With its 260+ combinators this ReFill becomes more and more a fully-fledged workstation. Apart from that it´s a real bargain and “must-have” for the user and an excellent ambassador for Soundcells.
Salad Bar v5 features
- 262 combinator patches in 8 different folders: Atmospheres & Textures, Bass, Keys, Leads, Miscellaneous, Pads, Rhythmic, SaladBar_exclusive (currently 75 ‘Salad Bar Only’ ones).
- 261 well balanced patches for Thor, Malstroem, Subtractor, NNXT and ReDrum + 45 REX loops.
- The modules folder contains the basic synth and NNXT patches which were used for the combinator sounds.
- 8 tracks in RNS format, inspiring with high ‘tutorialesque’ value.
Salad Bar is available to purchase for €9.95 EUR.
More information: Soundcells / Salad Bar
Soundcells has announced version 2 of Digital Genome, adding 25 new combinator patches, some minor additions/changes in detail as well as new backdrops to the Reason ReFill.
In modern molecular biology, the genome is the entirety of an organism´s hereditary information. It is encoded either in DNA or in case of this fine ReFill it´s the AMIGA1200 encoded in Reason´s NNXT samples.
The AMIGA1200 (code-named ‘Channel Z‘) with it´s 8-bit Paula chip was extremely popular among producers all over the world in the early nineties. “Digital Genome” picks up the thread where Soundcells left with “bitBUMPER deluxe” with it´s funky, housy and spacy lo-fi character! Warm, gritty, sleezy, dangerous and nostalgic are the keywords.
This ReFill can be used as a full workstation since everything the old Amiga had to offer is in there: basses, keys, lead synths, warm pads and enough drums and percussion to eat your heart out. And do not forget the wonderful FX section. The 170+ Genome combinators are conveniently built up with the right button functionality.
Digital Genome v2 features
- 178 combinator patches, great for many different styles of music.
- 6 different folders: Bass, FX, Keys, Leads, Miscellaneous, Pads.
- 189 NNXT patches containing the basic sounds which were used for the combinators.
- 230 original AMIGA1200 samples, 178 MB uncompressed.
- 21 fresh and great useable rex loops.
Digital Genome v2 is available to purchase for the introductory price of €23.90 EUR until July 31 (regular €29.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / Digital Genome
Soundcells has released Pads – the BIG box V2, an updated version of the ReFill sound library.
“Pads – the BIG box V2″ contains all patches from the three Mystic Dream Pads – 2, 4 and 5 – in ONE really big ReFill with (since version 2) 62 new combinator patches that have not been released before – and all this at a sharp “bundle”-price.
All patches were revised to match perfectly together. This ReFill gives you all you need when searching for atmospheric patches, conventional pads – bright or dark, inspiring soundscapes, rhythmical pads, fx & experimental sounds and more… The variety of sonic atmospheres coming from three original ReFills makes this collection very complete so chances are big that you´ll find what you are looking for while browsing for the right pad.
Version 2 is adding 30 new combinator patches, furthermore every original combinator patch has been reworked – same sound as before, but highly expanded button / knob assignment, consistent naming of the functions and new backdrops…
Pads – the BIG box V2 features
- 447 combinator patches (62 “BIG box” only ones).
- 11 different folders: Ambient, Atmospheres, Electric Keys, Exclusive Big Box Patches, FX & Experimental, Miscellaneous, Old MDP Reminiscence, Pads Conventional, Pads Dark, Pads Light, Rhythmic.
- The modules folder contains the basic synth and NNXT patches which are used for the combinator sounds: 183 Thor patches, 156 NNXT patches, 105 Malstroem patches, 59 Subtractor patches, 38 RV7000 patches.
- All patches & demo tracks coming from MDP2, MDP4 & MDP5 are included.
“Pads – the BIG box” is available to purchase for the introductory price of 44.90 EUR until June 15th, 2011 (regular 59.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / Pads – the BIG box