MidiKarval has released version 1.1 of VB3 Controller, a midi processor for controlling the VB3 synth by GSi.
The VB3 Controller is a midi processor VSTi that allows you to control, using a midi controller keyboard, the VB3’s five drawbar sets (upper manual A and B sets, lower manual A and B sets, and pedals) from a single set of nine physical drawbars (sliders or knobs).
Changes in VB3 Controller v1.1
- INVERTED KEYS – “USE UPPER FOR BOTH”: pressing one of the keys (C# to A keys) of your upper manual’s “inverted octave” you can call up the relevant presets (internal or “alternative” presets) of such both manuals’ “inverted key” (this is useful if you want to have consistent presets on both manuals with only one touch). The “Use Upper for both” function doesn’t work with Bb and B “inverted keys”, so you can temporarily change the preset of the upper manual without affecting the sound of the lower one.
- PEDALS “COUPLER” AND “STACCATO”: when the “Pedals/Upper” or “Pedals/Lower” function and the “Coupler” function are active, using the “pedals octaves” of your keyboard you can play in unison the pedals’ sound and the lower manual sound, as many great jazz organists do. Moreover you can choose to make the pedals sound “staccato” (like an upright bass, whilst the “meat of the bass” comes from the lower manual sound). According to Joey DeFrancesco, this is the secret to kicking bass (see Keyboard Magazine, n. 6/1999, page 50). Changing the value in the “Staccato” label you can activate/deactivate the “Staccato” mode and select the relevant length, expressed in milliseconds (from 20 to 400 ms.).
- Now you can activate/deactivate the VB3 Controller’s functions directly clicking on the relevant labels with your mouse’s left button (whilst clicking on the labels with the right buttons allows to change the value shown on each label).
VB3 Controller is availabe as a VST plug-in for Windows PC for 10 EUR. A fully functional demo version is available from the product page (expires after 15 minutes of use, remove and re-load it in your host to use it again).
Visit MidiKarval for more information.
GSi (formerly SoundFonts.it) has released version 1.2.2 of VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ instrument for Windows and Mac.
Changes in VB3 v1.2.2
- VB3 is now available for MAC OSX in VST and AU format.
- New Spring Reverb algorithm derived from GSi Type4.
- The code has been enormously optimized and the CPU load is amost halved.
- Fixed bugs with some hosts (Sonar, Tracktion3, Receptor) that caused a crash when loading VB3.
- Added option “Output Level” with 5 different levels. Use this to prevent VB3 from generating audio
clips at high dynamics.
- Rotary speaker simualtor: improved control over rotors speeds; improved algorithm “Jazz 122″.
- Keyclick: improved and optimized.
- Percussion: added the missing high-pass filter that gives it more punch and enforces the attack.
- Organ sound: the leakage factor, the whole balance between lows and highs and the background noise have been noticeably improved.
- Functionality: no more need to recompute the internal wavetables when the plugin is set in standby by the host; improved the stereo widening algorithm.
- Many other things have changed internally that can’t be explained in few words, but your fine ears will be able to notice the difference with previous versions.
Notes for the Mac version:
VB3 is known to function properly in Apple Logic, Ableton Live, Cubase 4, EnergyXT2, RAX, GarageBand and in many other VST and/or AU hosts. There is a known and unresolved (yet) incompatibility with MOTU Digital Performer. There’s no guarantee for it to function in ProTools (via its VST-to-RTAS wrapper).
VB3 is available for 49 EUR. A demo version can be downloaded here.
Visit GSi for more information and audio demos.
SoundFonts.it has released version 1.1 of ZD6 – Die Funky Maschine, a physical modeling simulation of a vintage “D6″ stringed electric piano.
ZD6 is now available for Mac, with a brighter sound and better tuning. The update also includes minor code optimizations and bugfixes.
SoundFonts.it has also announced the release of VST and AU Mac OSX Universal Binary versions of MrRay73 Mark II, Electric Grand EG70, Spring Reverb Type4 (updated to v1.0.1).
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information.
SoundFonts.it has released WatKat, a VST effect plug-in that pays tribute to Charlie Watkins, inventor of the tape echo.
WatKat is a digital “clone” of a Wem Watkins “Custom” Copicat. It sounds very lo-fi, noisy, irregular. When you turn it off and leave the tape loaded, the tape bends in proximity of the capstan, and this turns into a periodic pitch fall during echo playback; plus, it gets hot and the background hum gets worse in time… you should turn it off every now and then; the tape is never completely erased, and the capstan motor flutters… and it gets worse if you touch it while it’s spinning; heads tend to get dirty very soon, infact you should clean them often. This is true for the actual hardware unit, and for the digital simulation as well!
- Panel Controls:
- Swell: adjusts the volume of the repeats;
- Sustain: adjusts the number of repeats; be careful with this knob!
- Gain 1: volume of input 1 (left channel);
- Gain 2: volume of input 2 (right channel);
- Head 1, Head 2, Head 3: use these switches to select the playback head(s); each head gives a different delay time.
- Don’t touch the capstan! :-)
- Additional Features:
- Very easy to use
- Very light on CPU and memory
- Easy MIDI Learn feature
- Free for all, so the world may know how cool is a Watkins tape echo!
WatKat is available for as a freeware VST plug-in for Windows and Mac. Read more about Charlie Watkins and the CopiCat.
Visit SoundFonts.it to download WatKat (bottom of this page).
SoundFonts.it has released version 1.1.3 of Tape Echo GS-201, a simulation of a japanese Tape Echo machine of the early seventies.
Changes in Tape Echo GS-201 v1.1.3
- Minor improvements and code optimization.
- New authorization method (doesn’t require manual copy any more).
- Mac version released.
Tape Echo GS-201 is now available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU, Universal Binary) for 19 EUR.
SoundFonts.it has also announced it will be porting a number of its plug-ins to Mac OSX soon (VB3, MrRay73 Mark II, EG70, ZD6 and Type4).
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information.
More posts that match this tag
SoundFonts.it has released Electric Grand EG70, a physical modeling simulation of a CP-70 electroacoustic baby grand touring piano. This piano had a significant role in the pop music of the seventies and the eighties, featuring … read more
SoundFonts.it has released TimeVerb, an easy to use digital stereo studio reverb effect plug-in for Windows PC. When you need an easy and good sounding studio reverb and you don’t want to deal with tons … read more
SoundFonts.it has released ZD6 – Die Funky Maschine, a physical modeling simulation of a vintage “D6″ stringed electric piano. It was back in the fifties when German inventor Ernst Zacharias invented one of the funkiest … read more
SoundFonts.it has released Type4, a simulation of a vintage “Type4″ spring reverb unit. Why should you want to use a spring reverb rather than a precise and modern digital reverb? Spring reverbs have typical sonic … read more
SoundFonts.it has released version 2.0.3 of MrRay73 Mark II, a digital simulation of the famous american electro-mechanical piano of the seventies. Changes in MrRay73 Mark II v2.0.3 Fixed bugs that may crash some system when … read more
SoundFonts.it has released version 1.2.1 of VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ instrument for Windows PC. Changes in VB3 v1.2.1 All Rotary Speaker simulations have been revised, with special new algorithms for Rock 147, Rock 122 … read more
MidiKarval has released VB3 Controller, a midi processor for controlling SoundFonts.it’s VB3 synth. VB3 Controller features Controller: control the VB3’s five drawbar sets (upper manual A and B sets, lower manual A and B sets, … read more
SoundFonts.it has released version 1.1.2 of Tape Echo GS-201, a simulation of a japanese Tape Echo machine of the early seventies. Changes in Tape Echo GS-201 v1.1.2 Fixed bug with some systems having high CPU … read more
SoundFonts.it has released version 1.2 of VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ instrument plug-in for Windows PC. New in VB3 v1.2 Two different organ models. Adjustable global tuning. Foldback on 16″ deactivable. Full “inverted octave” presets. … read more
SoundFonts.it has released MrRay73 Mark II, a digital simulation of the famous american electro-mechanical piano of the seventies. MrRay73 Mark II is the second version of MrRay73, after two years from its introduction to the … read more
SoundFonts.it has released version 1.1 of Tape Echo GS-201, a simulation of a japanese Tape Echo machine of the early seventies. Changes in v1.1 Added easy “MIDI Learn” function. Tool tips and Readout values displays. … read more
SoundFonts.it has released version 1.1 of VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ instrument plug-in for Windows PC. Improvements in v1.1 New: Two separate sets of drawbars per manual. New: Nine key contacts simulation. Improved: Rotary Speaker … read more
SoundFonts.it has released Tape Echo GS-201, an accurate simulation of a japanese Tape Echo machine of the early seventies. Features Distinctive dynamic range and frequency response Realistic response to the panel controls Motor “wow and … read more
SoundFonts.it has released Miles’tone, a virtual trumpet VSTi plugin. Miles’tone is based on a mixed use of traditional synthesis (oscillators, filters) and physical modeling synthesis (tuned delay lines, resonators), but more importantly it reflects the … read more
SoundFonts.it has released VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ which simulates an american electromagnetic organ of the old days, but it’s also capable of other simulations like the italian transistor organs of the seventies or the … read more