SoundFonts.it has released version 1.1 of VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
Improvements in v1.1
- New: Two separate sets of drawbars per manual.
- New: Nine key contacts simulation.
- Improved: Rotary Speaker simulation.
- Improved: New Vibrato/Scanner simulation, 100% faithful to the original.
- Improved: New approach to tube overdrive simulation.
- Low CPU consumption.
- Many more improvements.
The new version also includes an FX version, which will let you use the internal effects for processing external audio.
SoundFonts.it VB3 is available for Windows PC and costs 49 EUR.
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information, audio demos and a link to download a demo of VB3.
SoundFonts.it has released Tape Echo GS-201, an accurate simulation of a japanese Tape Echo machine of the early seventies.
- Distinctive dynamic range and frequency response
- Realistic response to the panel controls
- Motor “wow and flutter”
- Sound degradation and distortion at high feedback levels
- Very natural hum and background tape noise
- Three different kinds of magnetic tape models
- Ultra-low CPU usage
Tape Echo GS-201 is available for Windows (VST) and currently has an introductory price of 14 Euro (offer valid until 30 September 2007, normal price is 19 Euro).
A demo version is available for download (Demo Limitations: shows a nag screen and is muted for the first 5 seconds, then plays a white noise for 3 seconds every 10)
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information, audio demos and a link to download the demo version.
SoundFonts.it has released Miles’tone, a virtual trumpet VSTi plugin.
Miles’tone is based on a mixed use of traditional synthesis (oscillators, filters) and physical modeling synthesis (tuned delay lines, resonators), but more importantly it reflects the behaviour of a real trumpet, reacts to pitch changes and air pressure in a very natural way, and has a nice and warm timbre.
It has been conceived to work with a Wind Controller but it can also be played with a traditional MIDI keyboard thanks to the built-in dedicated envelope generator.
Miles’tone doesn’t use any samples.
You can buy Miles’tone for the introductory price of 29 Euros (offer valid until 31st August 2007, after which it will be 39 Euros) and a demo with the following limitations is available:
- shows a nag screen
- muted for the first 15 seconds
- plays a white noise for 3 seconds every 30 seconds
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information and audio clips of Miles’tone.
SoundFonts.it has released VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ which simulates an american electromagnetic organ of the old days, but it’s also capable of other simulations like the italian transistor organs of the seventies or the red-tolex organs played by famous pop bands of the sixties.
VB3 is a complete rewrite of ORGANized trio.
- Complete Polyphony with virtual 91 modeled tonewheels generator
- New and very efficient Rotary Speaker simulation
- Spring reverb simulation
- Tube preamp and distortion
- Low CPU and memory usage
- Nine key contacts simulation
- String Bass
VB3 uses a “virtual tonewheel generator” which constantly plays 91 waveforms, modeled after an accurate examination of actual electromagnetic organ’s output signals, and digitally reproduced with the help of mathematical formulas and computations. All the sound it produces is 100% calculated in real-time and no samples are used.
VB3 is available at the introductory price of 39 EUR until 31st August 2007 (normal price is 49 EUR).
A demo is available for download (limitations: shows a nag screen and is muted for the first 15 seconds, then plays a white noise for 3 seconds every 30).
More information: SoundFonts.it
ORGANized trio is a free VSTi (donationware). It simulates the sound of an electro-mechanical tonewheel organ of the 50′s, best known as the Hammond™ B3 Organ, invented by Laurens Hammond in late 1935.
ORGANized trio has 9 drawbars for upper and lower manual, 5 for the bass pedalboard. Vibrato/Chorus circuit for upper and lower. Percussion on second and third harmonic for the upper manual. Tube-amp simulator, key-click effect and rotary speaker simulator. It is totally midi controllable, supports patch saving and VST host automation. ORGANized trio doesn’t use any sampled data.
New in v3.1
- MIDI CC# 29 was erroneously assigned to both drawbar lower 1′ and V/C switch (now CC# 73)
- Exceeding saturation problem solved
- Adjustable leakage (off, low, mid, high)
- Colour and Contour knobs are now active even with the Overdrive OFF
- Increased the overdrive knob range
- Improved Leslie effect, with new filters for bass and treble rotors and wider doppler effect
- Added option Mute 1′ which automatically mutes drawbar upper 1′ if percussion is ON
- Improved Vibrato/Chorus circuit
- Adjustable tonewheels attenuation (Off, Low, Med, High)
- All global parameters are now stored in the host’s project (supporting host’s automation)
- Setting a CC# other than 64 for the Rotary Speaker switch, the sustain pedal will work traditionally
Check SoundFonts.it for more information and a link to download ORGANized.