SoundFonts.it has released version 1.2.1 of VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ instrument for Windows PC.
Changes in VB3 v1.2.1
- All Rotary Speaker simulations have been revised, with special new algorithms for Rock 147, Rock 122 and Jazz 122.
- Added a Tone Cabinet simulation (stationary speaker).
- Added one more organ model: Type B.
- Added one more Wind Noise level.
- Added one more Background Hum level.
- Improved the keyclick: the attack is now more defined and the click noise is properly scaled.
- Modeled waveforms are now 8x longer, resulting in more precise loop points and more defined tone.
- Organ Type A was too low on volume: fixed.
- Drawbar Set A 16′ was not working properly: fixed.
VB3 is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC for €49 EUR.
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information.
MidiKarval has released VB3 Controller, a midi processor for controlling SoundFonts.it’s VB3 synth.
VB3 Controller features
- Controller: control the VB3’s five drawbar sets (upper manual A and B sets, lower manual A and B sets, and pedals) from a single set of nine physical drawbars (sliders or knobs) using a midi controller keyboard.
- Inverted Keys: on the original tonewheel organ that VB3 emulates, the bottom octave notes have reverse color keys (“inverted keys”) that call up preset sounds. VB3 and separately VB3 Controller mimics this use of note keys to provide the player with presets.
- Alternative Presets: provide 6 banks (2 banks in the demo version) of 18 presets each (9 for the upper manual drawbars and 9 for the lower manual drawbars). Each preset can be called up by pressing one of the keys (C# to A keys) of your midi keyboard(s) “inverted octave” and shows the relevant drawbar positions on VB3, plus you can also temporarily change these preset drawbar settings. (The bottom C key is cancel sound or mute).
- Split Mode: reserve the bottom two octaves of your 5 octaves midi keyboard(s) for playing the VB3 pedalboard.
- Programs Section: store your favourite VB3 Controller’s settings in one of the 10 re-namable programs for future use.
VB3 Controller is available as a VST instrument for Windows PC and costs 10 EUR. A fully functional demo is available for download (15 minute limit per session).
Visit MidiKarval for more information.
SoundFonts.it has released version 1.1.2 of Tape Echo GS-201, a simulation of a japanese Tape Echo machine of the early seventies.
Changes in Tape Echo GS-201 v1.1.2
- Fixed bug with some systems having high CPU loads when the interface was open.
- Optimized code for lower CPU and memory consumption.
Tape Echo GS-201 is available for Windows PC (VST) for 19 EUR. A demo version is available for download here.
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information.
SoundFonts.it has released version 1.2 of VB3, a virtual tonewheel organ instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
New in VB3 v1.2
- Two different organ models.
- Adjustable global tuning.
- Foldback on 16″ deactivable.
- Full “inverted octave” presets.
- Adjustable global Percussion Level, global Percussion Decay, Vibrato Scanner depth.
- Electronic vibrato simulation when Sets F or V are selected.
- Separated Upper and Lower V/C tablets with smooth switching.
- Five different rotary speaker algorithms with adjustable “character”.
- Easy MIDI Learn function.
- Up to four separated outputs.
- Upper and Lower manuals SPLIT with adjustable split point.
- Upper and Lower manuals octave transposers.
- Many improvements.
SoundFonts.it VB3 is available for Windows PC and costs 49 EUR.
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information, audio demos and a link to download a demo of VB3.
SoundFonts.it has released MrRay73 Mark II, a digital simulation of the famous american electro-mechanical piano of the seventies.
MrRay73 Mark II is the second version of MrRay73, after two years from its introduction to the public, but with a huge difference in sound and functionality. While the old MrRay73 was one of the first successfull simulations of such an instrument, capable of offering similar vitality, warmth and richness of the real thing, the new “Mark II” version brings many new improvements, first of all for what concerns “THE SOUND”.
As opposite to sample libraries, a real-time reproduction of a certain sound has the ability to interact with the musician, producing different behaviours from time to time. Hardly you will hear exactly the same “waveform” twice. MrRay73 Mark II is a complete digital reproduction of the real instrument, with all the moving parts that, together, generate to the sound.
MrRay73 Mark II key features
- Full Polyphony (73 notes E – E).
- No note-stealing.
- Adjustable single sound elements (metal, wood, pedal and damper noises).
- Sympathetic resonance and harp vibration.
- Sustain pedal re-pedaling feature.
- Six-stage vintage style Phaser effect.
- Dual mode Tremolo effect.
- Power amp simulation (Suitcase model).
- Adjustable wear of mallets and other elements (Piano Age).
- Stretch tuning or Equal Temperament.
- Four velocity curves plus an adjustable “Dynamic range” level.
- Fully Midi controllable with MIDI-Learn function.
- Very Low CPU and memory usage.
MrRay73 Mark II is available for download for Windows PC, for an introductory price of 39 EUR (offer valid until 26 February 2008 – midnight CET, regular price is 49 EUR).
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information and a link to download a demo version of MrRay73 Mark II.