Sounds And Effects has announced the release of The Mandolin, a sample library for Reason and Kontakt.
With the release of ‘The Mandolin from Sounds And Effects,’ Sounds And Effects brings the same attention to detail, the audio fidelity and responsiveness of ‘Pure Acoustic Guitars’ to the mandolin. The new instrument includes the following articulations:
- Picked – four velocity layers
- Fingerstyle -Two different styles, five velocity layers each, round robin switches between the two styles and between finger style and picked (round robin is for Kontakt only)
- Muted notes -Soft and hard
- Strums -two speeds, hard and soft, also low octave strums
- Tremelo -three speeds
- Fret noises and chops – in each preset and mapped below the mandolins low range
Presets allow for key switches from pretty much any articulation to another, for instance fingerstyle to picked notes, pick to pluck, mute to pick, picked to fast or slow strum, picked or fingerstyle to tremolo, and so on.
The Mandolin features
- 795 samples, 24bit/44.1kHz.
- Reason: 44 NNXT presets, 44 Combinators, 1.06 gigs uncompressed / 433.5 megs packed. Requires Reason 6 or higher.
- Kontakt: 45 presets, 1.06 gigs. Requires Kontakt 5 or higher.
The Mandolin is available for purchase for $59.95 USD.
More information: Sounds And Effects