SoundsOnline has launched Complete Composers Collection 3, a custom bundle of virtual instrument libraries from EastWest and Quantum Leap.
Complete Composers Collection 3 features
- Select 7 or more options from 52 products that include 9,525 instruments.
- Save up to 70% off the list price of each option you select for your custom collection.
- For the first time NEW RELEASES are included at a lower discount for more options.
- Special VIP offer to CCC users or purchasers of 4 products in the last 3 years.
- Download the products when you need them from the cloud, there is no time limit.
- Optional 1TB 7200rpm pocket size external USB3 “plug n play” hard drive available.
- Pay over 6 months at soundsonline.com with “PayPal Credit” (upon credit approval).
- iLok security key required (not included).
- New from EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP recipient of over 70 international awards.
Complete Composers Collection 3 is available in Pro, Gold and VIP packages, starting at 229 EUR / $302 USD.
More information: SoundsOnline / SoundsOnline Europe
EastWest has launched Hollywood Orchestral Percussion, a percussion instrument library produced by a team comprised of Doug Rogers, Nick Phoenix, Thomas Bergersen, and engineer Shawn Murphy.
Hollywood Orchestral Percussion is a unique orchestral percussion library featuring one of America’s best orchestral percussionists and his arsenal of instruments. A composition tool for serious composers, Hollywood Orchestral Percussion includes PLAY 4 software, offering powerful scripting for ease of use and up to 5 microphone positions for control over each instrument including main pickup (Decca tree), mid pickup, close pickup, surround pickup, and an alternate vintage circa 1945 RCA ribbon room pickup.
Recorded in the famous EastWest Studio 1, the home of major Hollywood soundtracks and television themes, Hollywood Orchestral Percussion perfects techniques pioneered in Stormdrum 3, using unique repetition sampling techniques and 8 way round robin that deliver a virtual live performance. The entire collection uses zero noise reduction resulting in “a sound that will virtually jump out of the speakers”.
Hollywood Orchestral Percussion features
- Orchestral percussion staples include timpani, snare drums, cymbals, bass drums, and metals.
- Specific instruments to handle extreme tempos.
- Extensive and fluid timpani.
- An extensive array of epic anvil samples.
- Orchestral chimes are sampled to mimic the sound of real church bells, as the instrument was originally intended.
- Array of vintage field drums, such as Epic Bass Drum Ensemble and Mahler Hammer.
- The celeste has been captured in a multi mic position environment with extremely low noise.
The library is available in a Diamond Edition for $799 USD (supplied on an optional hard drive), the Gold Edition is $499 USD, and the Silver Edition costs $249 USD.
Diamond and Gold Editions are available now. The Silver Edition will be available later in October.
More information: SoundsOnline / Hollywood Orchestral Percussion
EastWest has announced the release of Ghostwriter, a virtual instrument library by Steven Wilson and Doug Rogers.
For the first time ever, this new instrument presents some of Steven’s most innovative sounds, as well as a selection of especially created instruments and replications of some instantly recognizable classic sounds originally created by other legendary producers and engineers.
These organic and inspirational sounds can be used as part of the fabric of complex music productions, or as the basis for cinematic soundtrack-based music, providing a ready-made selection of sonic building blocks with years of expertise and sonic innovation already embedded in them. In addition some more straightforward and raw instruments are included, which can be manipulated via the powerful Ghostwriter instrument interface to create your own unique sounds.
Steven Wilson’s Ghostwriter features
- Includes over 800 Multi-Sampled Instruments and Presets (60 GB).
- Includes Basses, Drums, Guitars, Keyboards, Misc, and Vocals.
- Designed for Music, Film, Games, and TV Composers.
- Includes many “live” presets that can be adjusted by the user in the software.
- Performed by Steven Wilson, Marco Minnemann, and Laurence Juber.
- Recorded in the world famous EASTWEST studios.
- Includes PLAY 4 64-bit/32-bit software on both MAC and PC.
- The software includes many new advanced sound shaping tools, a new EastWest AMP Simulator with 80 Amp Presets, classic Echoplex EP-1 Delay, Solid State Logic EQ & Dynamics Channel, consisting of: Filter, EQ, Compressor and Noise Gate/Expander, Solid State Logic Transient Shaper, the legendary Solid State Logic Stereo Compressor, and EastWest Expanded Convolution Reverb with 726 Additional Reverb Presets.
The virtual instrument is available to purchase for the introductory price of $395 USD. Until January 31st, 2014, it can be ordered on a Western Digital USB3 (with USB2 compatibility) Hard Drive at no extra charge ($70 USD value).
More information: SoundsOnline (US) / SoundsOnline (Europe)
EastWest has announced the release of version 4.10 of its PLAY virtual instrument engine.
This is a significant update including our most requested feature, full background loading, that is recommended for all PLAY users, and is required for all upcoming releases.
Changes in PLAY v4.1.0
- Implemented full background loading.
- Added ability to move loading bar during project load.
- Added compatibility for Choirs Gold and Pianos Silver products.
- Added folder icon in browser view now denotes whether selection is a folder or an instrument.
- Fixed tempo sync and other issues with some WordBuilder patches.
- Improved text in load error messages.
- Fixed loading issues in VEPro.
- Fixed reverb menu not displaying correctly in some hosts.
- Fixed Choirs intermittent pitch issue when reopening project.
- Fixed interface flashing/crashing when switching to Player during load.
- Fixed mixer recall of channels on reopen.
- Fixed graphical glitches in envelopes.
- Fixed product launchers not opening in Apple Mavericks.
The PLAY Software update is available to download now at EastWest support.
More information: SoundsOnline (World) / SoundsOnline (Europe)
EastWest has announced that its Stormdrum 3 percussion instrument is now available to pre-order.
Stormdrum 3 is the first virtual instrument to include EastWest’s new PLAY 4 software. In PLAY 4, EastWest replaced some third party components; added Avid’s new AAX format that will allow Pro Tools 11 users to use EastWest’s virtual instruments 64-bit, greatly improving performance; added new time-stretch software optimized for loops (with sync to sequencer); added a new mixer page (with sub-channels for mic positions), added background loading, and other new features. To top it all off, EastWest now offers SSL FX from Solid State Logic, the industry leader in mixing technology; and an upgraded EastWest reverb. The new FX section is available as an optional upgrade for all legacy EastWest PLAY collections, but will be included FREE for SD3 users.
In addition, customers who place a pre-order for SD3, scheduled to ship July 15, will be able to use the SSL/EW FX section for other PLAY collections as an additional bonus when available. The FX section includes a SSL EQ and Dynamics Channel Strip, Transient Shaper, and SSL’s legendary Stereo Bus Compressor; plus an upgraded “true stereo” reverb from EastWest plus new features. Now, with it’s combination of the new PLAY 4 software, the best sound processing tools available, and world class percussion instruments, Stormdrum 3 is the most advanced percussion virtual instrument to date and a must-have.
Stormdrum 3 includes 90 Gigabytes of all new percussion.
Stormdrum 3 features
- Features the best instruments from the private collection of Mickey Hart.
- Features additional instruments from the Remo private collection, hand picked by Remo himself.
- Played by master percussionists Mickey Hart, Greg Ellis and Chalo Eduardo.
- Produced by Nick Phoenix, “Two Steps From Hell” composer and creator of Stormdrum 1 and 2, epic percussion collections.
- Includes tempo synced percussion performances directed and played by Mickey Hart, with Greg Ellis, Chalo Eduardo and Nick Phoenix
- Includes 5 user-controllable mic positions for each instrument.
- Recorded in the world famous EASTWEST Studio 1, the home of major Hollywood soundtracks and television themes.
- Includes new PLAY 4 64-bit/32-bit software on both MAC and PC, more user control and detail than any other collection.
Stormdrum 3 is available to pre-order for $395 USD / 295 EUR (ex. VAT). The projected release date is July 15th, 2013.
More information: Soundsonline / Soundsonline (Europe)
More posts that match this tag
EASTWEST has announced the release of the Silver Edition of Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, the third installment of their acclaimed Hollywood Orchestral Virtual Instruments Series, designed for those on a budget or with less computer resources. … read more
EastWest has announced the release of Silver Editions of its Hollywood Strings and Hollywood Brass virtual instruments for Windows and Mac. The price for these editions is $199 each, which is an incredible bargain given … read more
EastWest has announced that is has launched a new, redesigned website and a new logo in celebration of its 25th anniversary. EASTWEST is the brainchild of producer Doug Rogers, who has won many awards, including … read more
EastWest has launched a Holiday Special, offering its virtual instruments at half off. Soundsonline.com, the industry leader in virtual instruments distribution, is ringing in the holidays with a spectacular offer: Through December 31, 2012, save … read more
SoundsOnline has announced it is offering the ROCKTOBER 3 Pack which allows musicians to purchase any 3 of the eligible EastWest/Quantum Leap virtual instruments for 50% off the individual retail price already installed on a … read more
EastWest has announced that they are offering a sensational additional promotion on their most popular bundle: The EastWest/Quantum Leap Complete Composers Collection HD+ through Sept. 30, 2012. The Complete Composers Collection HD+ provides composers with … read more
Eastwest has announced its Master Series, an upcoming collection of virtual instruments in collaboration with celebrated producers and musicians. EASTWEST founder and producer Doug Rogers is pulling out all of the stops to celebrate the … read more
Eastwest has announced it is now shipping its Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds virtual instrument for Windows and Mac. Over 70 weeks, the EASTWEST team recorded, edited and programmed every nuance of world-class orchestral woodwind players with … read more
EASTWEST has announced it is offering customers the opportunity to Buy One, Get One Free through the end of June on select products. Music creators can purchase any of the following EASTWEST products by June … read more
SoundsOnline has announced that Best Service’s multi-format sound library Peking Opera Percussion by Yellow River Sound has arrived to the US market. Building on the success of Gu Zheng, this is the second virtual instrument … read more
Soundsonline has announced a two-week, site-wide Spring Promotion, offering 30% off the list prices of most EastWest, Best Service and ZERO-G purchases made from May 7 through May 21, 2012. The Eastwest offer also includes … read more
Eastwest has announced it is offering 50% off the retail prices of two critically-acclaimed titles: Eastwest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra and Pianos on all purchases made through March 31, 2012. Recorded by 11-time Grammy nominated classical … read more
Outbound link: Sounds Online
/ Sounds Online
(European customers) – Related: acoustic
, Doug Rogers
, Nick Phoenix
, Quantum Leap
Posted in news
on Mar 13, 2012 - 0 comments
Eastwest has announced the release of Quantum Leap Solo Violin, a world-class solo violin for the most demanding virtual orchestrations. Produced by Nick Phoenix, Quantum Leap Solo Violin is a virtuoso solo violin recorded at … read more
Eastwest has announced the return of its popular and updated ROCKTOBER 3 PACK HD special. Customers can save 50% of the individual retail price of any eligible 3 EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP virtual instruments until October 31, … read more
EASTWEST has announced it is now shipping Hollywood Brass, a massive 150GB instrument that features unprecedented sound quality and the brand new PLAY 3 playback engine for the very latest in performance and control. Hollywood … read more
Outbound link: Soundsonline
(Europe) – Related: AU
, Doug Rogers
, instrument plugins
, Nick Phoenix
, Quantum Leap
, samples and sound libraries
, Shawn Murphy
, Thomas Bergersen
Posted in news
on Jul 26, 2011 - 0 comments